Welcome and what forums?

Also another subforum suggestion is for guides. I know I'm hoping/expecting some of the rejoining members to repost their excellent guides and it might be nice to have a place where they just flood in. But just the title tags that were used before would work too. Any thoughts?
I like this idea of subforum dedicated for the guides, as well as the pat/mat subforum. Most likely I'm not posting either types of posts, but categorization isn't bad. Or is it?

Makes the site more readable in my opinion.

Reactions: Grisu and Luhkoh
@Luhkoh We have actually relaunched the Strategy Compendium which we had way back in the D1 and D2 days. We went through the old archives from years ago and pushed around 160 guides into this new section. It means that guides that were lost into the internet archives are now back and can be linked to.

New guides can also be submitted in the future. If there are other categories etc people want added if they wish to add a guide then let me know and I will get it added.

Minor bug.

I often browse the site on mobile. And noticed that the new forum has thick borders that squeeze the text a bit too tight.

For reference, there is a line break after the words 'to this level of' in the @Luhkoh's reply above.

Suggestion would be to remove x-borders on mobile view.

Slightly less minor bug.

The body of the forum scales down to mobile size correctly, but the header bar does not.

When fully zoomed out it on mobile, it looks like below.
View attachment 53547
Notice that far right buttons are still not visible and require horizontal scrolling to see.

Ill save the hellos and thanks for @Kitteh's re-intro thread later tonight.

The borders issue is on my list :) Working my way through QOL improvements and all suggestions are welcome.

I’d like to suggest an “Archive” subforum for the SPF where we can migrate over Mat/Pat/Guardian threads, older tournaments, guides, and other miscellaneous tidbits so that we can house them safely here without flooding the SPF forum with hundreds/thousands of new threads.

First, hello and thanks for the admirable undertaking of creating this new forum. The color scheme alone is almost worth migrating for. My evening has brightened as much as the background has darkened. Long live Diablo, or at least long enough for a greedy character to slay him and steal his items!

Is or will it be possible to link to a specific post and not just the thread? Suppose we migrate a long thread like a tournament like Vildecor mentioned and wish to link to a post where one participant guardianed the chaarcter.

First, hello and thanks for the admirable undertaking of creating this new forum. The color scheme alone is almost worth migrating for. My evening has brightened as much as the background has darkened. Long live Diablo, or at least long enough for a greedy character to slay him and steal his items!

Is or will it be possible to link to a specific post and not just the thread? Suppose we migrate a long thread like a tournament like Vildecor mentioned and wish to link to a post where one participant guardianed the chaarcter.

The functionality is there already as a hyperlink in the post number.

(This is your post above)
Code:
https://www.purediablo.com/forums/threads/welcome-and-what-forums.16/post-284

With us migrating long threads, it really depends on how we do that. I’m not sure if it makes sense to reproduce each reply as a separate post or not at this point.

Thanks, @Vildecor. Never thought of looking for a hyperlink url there.

The way I would do it with long threads is probably to have each "episode" or update of the tournament or whatever was the main subject of the thread posted as usual, and then quote the following responses to those posts together in one single post instead of one for each commenter and each response to such a comment. So if two participants had posted updates about their progress and five people had commented there would be the updates as they were but the five comments gathered in one post but as separate quotes.

Any advice on stopping receiving email updates? I have unchecked the following but am still getting emails:
Under privacy settings:
iUR2HJV.png

Under preferences:
xtkfrtE.png

@Luhkoh I read one of the emails I received and they have an option that says "Disable all emails" toward the end. Haven't received any since.

@Arctodus thanks! I was wondering what did I miss :D

So ... when I highlight text I wish to edit, I can actually see that it is highlighted.

Someone's getting a nice basket of fruit.

So ... when I highlight text I wish to edit, I can actually see that it is highlighted.

Someone's getting a nice basket of fruit.
Pump the brakes! When I hover over a member's icon pic, It's almost impossible to see that person's forum name. The name is in a dark grey that doesn't show on the black background.

Color fixed on names, headings on tables and some other stuff sorted!

On a standard-format screen (not widescreen), I have a horizontal scroll bar, as the forum doesn't scale to the width of the screen (in Chrome, window maximised or not).

I have to scroll across to see the Alert icons and Search button.

On a standard-format screen (not widescreen), I have a horizontal scroll bar, as the forum doesn't scale to the width of the screen (in Chrome, window maximised or not).

I have to scroll across to see the Alert icons and Search button.
so that was where the search and message button was hiding. i looked all over for that!

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High