Various posts relating to MF/RF efficiency

Originally posted by @EatSleepDiablo

What is "CS"?

Chaos Sanctuary is the inner sanctum of Diablo in Act IV. Within the "Terror's Lair" are five seals that must be activated, three of which spawn super uniques: Grand Vizier of Chaos (Lightning Immune-100), Lord De Seis (Cold Immune-180), and Infector of Souls (Fire Immune-150).

Most importantly for our purpose is that CS is a Lvl85 area capable of generating every unique, socketable, and rune in the game, and nearly all set items (excepting Cow King's Leathers).

What is the "Glitch"?

Once all super uniques are killed, and the last seal activated, all remaining monsters in CS instantly die. There are occasional, weird exceptions to this, but, generally, those that have been aggro'd within the last 5+- seconds have the potential to drop an item, or items in the case of bosses and champions. No experience is gained for monsters "killed" in this manner, but the game designers curiously chose to allow the drop(s) none-the-less.

The vast majority are gold, scrolls, potions, low level white/blue items, etc. that are hardly worth a second look. However, since CS is a Lvl85 area, all uniques, runes, socketables, and non-cow set items are also in play. Although unconfirmed, some have speculated that magic find (MF) is set to zero by the glitch, but this "only" impacts unique/set drops. The good news here is that rune drops are independent of MF.

Maximizing the number of monsters caught in the "glitch" is an opportunity for legit wealth/profit and the reason for this guide.

Maximizing?

First, we will be running P7 from start to finish ("/players 7"). Second, before activating the last seal, we will aggro as many monsters as possible. I do this initially by teleporting to the top of the pentagram to assess densities there, often using the Confuse curse from Delirium to rile things up (more on this later). I then teleport directly to the entrance, again assessing density. If the former is more populated, my path to the last seal will track upwards to the pentagram. If the latter is better, I take a more direct route to the seal. Here is a video to demonstrate this approach:

As a last consideration, there are only so many builds that can handle P7 efficiently in CS because of its high density, varied immunities, and occasional spawns (i.e. Conviction). Cold, fire, and lighting builds will need the runeword Infinity (at a minimum), while physical based toons require Decrepify (via Reapers Toll).

Others are free to post their setups/strategies with one or more of these, but the preferred CS build for many has always been the Hammerdin. His damage is magic based without the risk of immunities. Further, max block is achievable with reduced contributions to dexterity because of Holy Shield. Lastly, all Paladin shields are capable of 4 sockets, so the runeword Spirit is possible within a 45 resist-all shield with a minimal strength requirement (shoot for Sacred Targe @60% block/86 strength).

The build has some hang-ups with its blind spots and unusual method of attack, but these are overcome with practice.

The Build

Hammerdin setups are pretty standard. Max Blessed Hammer, Concentration, and Blessed Aim. Allocate remaining points to pre-requisites, Vigor, Holy Shield, Redemption, and/or Fire Resists.

Likewise gearing is standard: Heart of the Oak (Hoto), Enigma, Shako, Spirit, etc. Try to overstack fire resists in case of Conviction, and make sure your faster cast rate (FCR) is 125. Because any coveted Set/Unique (S/U) can drop from non-seal bosses, keep your MF up as well (minimum of 250-ish). Consider keeping a 2 x 4 area open in your inventory, plus the Horadric Cube, for prospective drops. There will be many.

My recommendation for the merc is Act II Holy Freeze (Nightmare Defense). Equip with Insight, Delirium, and Shaftstop. The first and last of these is pretty self explanatory. Hammerdins need mana, and Insight keeps the blue bulb full. One-hit kills by Knights are possible, even without Iron Maiden, so reducing physical damage is key to his survival. Delirium, made in an ebugged helm, provides much needed crowd control (CC), along with a bonus in the form of Confuse.

When activated, Confuse causes monsters to attack one other. Because the curse often affects the entire screen, a small group of monsters will attract others to join the melee. Confuse does not last long, but by improving monster density in a defined area, drop yields are increased from the glitch. Of note, mages often override the curse with amp or decrepify, but that seems only to extend the desired effects.

The Run

Here are a couple of runs:

Odds & Ends
  • Diablo, the Seal Bosses, and their minions are capped at TC84, so they cannot drop some of the more highly coveted uniques in the game (Tyraels, DWeb, etc.). All runes are in play, however. Further, Big D drops six items at P7, while seal bosses double drop, along with four potions (like Pindle). Rest assured, there is much loot to be gained regardless of reduced Treasure Class.
  • Grand Vizier of Chaos (and his minions) are the easiest of the three seal bosses to kill, but make sure he/they are not suspended above the lava when killing them. They will not drop otherwise.
  • I do not recommend tele'ing into the middle of De Seis or Infector packs. They both hit like a truck and occasionally spawn some nasty mods. I generally position near them and start my hammer field. Once numbers are reduced, I move up/teleport to finish off the boss.
  • Nothing kills the merc faster than Diablo's Firestorm, which looks like a carpet of fire. As soon as it is released, give him a purple pot. Do not wait to see if he survives (he generally will not).
Yields

These are my high rune (HR) results generated in 151 Diablo essences worth of runs (1,511+- assuming one essence per 10 runs; ratio of one HR (Vex+) every 80 runs):

View attachment 12531

View attachment 12532

Those generated by the glitch include: 1 Cham, 2 Jahs, 2 Bers, 2 Surs, 1 Lo, 2 Vexs, 1 Gul, 1 Ist, 3+- Mals, 1 Um, 5+- Puls. Effectively, 1 glitched HR (Vex+) every 151 runs.

I look forward to any questions/feedback and will edit this guide as other tips/strategies develop.

Edit: Diablo drops six items (not five)
Edit 2: Clarified HR to Vex+

Originally posted by Gripphon:

I'm gonna share some data I collected over certain period of time which I find appropriate for this thread. Warning though, my data is based on assumption that MF is irrelevant, all we want to do is to get experience as fast as possible. I've done testing with certain characters to see how well can they perform. I'm gonna share basic ideas about method of running and equipment as well as information about how good can they actually perform.

CS hammerdin (sub level 98 leveling)

Already wrote about him here and here. So, I've done testing with several methods of running. Video of demonstration

Method of running: tele with character screen to CS (extended teleports), then on vast majority of maps simply ignore any bosspack before you get to the star in the middle. If you have nice bosspack spawns at entrance, kill them ofc. Idea is to focus on 2 seal packs: Visier and Infector. Best map is where you get nice bosspacks between those two seals so you can kill them nicely, even better if you get bosses spawn at seal lairs. Ignore ANY champions unless you are sub level 91 or if they are together with bosses to kill them as you go. Usually ignore fast mage boss cause he will drive you crazy and you will lose time for nothing. Stomp him, if he moves, go on and ignore him.

Possible equipment is with Rising Sun amulet shared above. Other possibility is the gear I'm using right now:
Shako, Enigma, fcr amulet, Spirit, Hoto, Mesh belt, fcr gloves, Hotspur, dual Bkwb rings, 8 skillers, cube, small charms

You obviously focus on fire resist since it's most dangerous in CS. Anything else is not that important. As for merc, mine is Prayer merc with Insight, CoH and Steel Shade. I've used defiance merc and might merc before, also possibly best choice is holy freeze merc for safety. I like regen though.

Possible Performance:
I've done testing on all levels above 90 and below 96, but I think 94+ are most relevant to present here.
Leveling 94-95: ~15800 xp/sec, 3 hours 37 min to level up. Comparable to 119 s Baal, and 107 s Lister running.
Leveling 95-96: ~9400 xp/s, 6 hours 39 min to level up. Comparable to 114 s Baal, and 99 s Lister running.
Leveling 96-97 (calculated guess): ~sub 14 hours 30 mins to level up. Similar comparison with Baal and Lister as above.
Leveling 97-98 (calculated guess): ~sub 39 hours, comparable to sub 130 sec Baal running.

So overall, quite safe and incredibly fast character to level up with described method.

CS blizzard sorc (sub level 98 leveling)

Method of running: same as for CS hammerdin described above. Addition is to ignore cold immune bosses, they are not important at all. Kill their minions who grant same xp as boss anyway, with exception of mage boss who you don't kill anyway.

Equipment:
There are two possibilities: max block and vita. Max block setup and gear is as in this video. Well Ber is not needed in Ark obviously, but is nice addition for sure. This setup seems very safe and I would recommend it for any sorc that is not using 1.07 Arkaine's Valor as armor.

I'm using vita setup:
Fathom (facet), Nightwing's (facet), Rising Sun, 1.07 Ark, Spirit, Mesh belt, Trang gloves, boots with resists, Bkwb + fcr rings, 8 skillers, small charms, cube. 3.4k life, 6+k defense...

As for skills, simply put points to maximize Blizzard damage, 1 Warmth, 1 Static + Teleport, rest into Cold armor and naturally Cold mastery.

I use holy freeze merc with Insight, CoH and Steel Shade. Special note: don't go might just because you want to kill cold immune bosses, who cares about them. You are here to gain xp as fast as possible, not to magicfind. As for Infinity... don't really see a reason for that, Insight is fantastic for mana purposes, and cold immune boss here and there won't really make any difference. Your cold mastery will reduce monsters cold resist to close to -200 one way or another and you will kill very very fast. If there is some other relevant point in using Infinity, I don't see it. I guess Reaper's Tool is another possibility, but also don't really see reason for that. If you go max block + cold spells + holy freeze, you would be like super safe. And not having mana issues is also great addition for Insight.

Possible Performance:
Leveling 94-95: ~17400 xp/s, 3 hours 18 min to level up. Comparable to 108 s Baal, and 97 s Lister running.
Leveling 95-96: ~10500 xp/s, 5 hours 56 min to level up. Comparabe to 103 s Baal, and 89 s Lister running.
Leveling 96-97 (calculated guess): ~sub 13 hours to level up. Similar comparison.
Leveling 97-98 (calculated guess): ~34 hours 30 min to level up. Comparable to 113 s Baal running.

Overall, fastest leveling character I've played so far. After her, anything else seems like snail pace leveling :p.

CS nova nec (sub level 98 leveling)

Main idea behind this nec is to compare him to popular option pitnec. My tests indicate this method is ~15-20% faster for leveling than leveling in Pit.

Method of running: same as described for hammerdin with minor difference. Nec doesn't have power to kill venom lords fast, so when you see isolated venom lord pack, if there are no many minions or if there is no another bosspack around, I think it's possibly best idea to skip them. Naturally you kill Infector pack every time, he comes with tons of minions and therefore offers tons of experience.
Simply cast lower resist and nova. You can then either play with attract curse or recast your bone armor for protection (assuming you take 1 point into it at least, it will be weak however). Idea is to corpse explosion when something dies. Always revive at least 2-3 monsters for more protection. Use random iron golem from whatever you find. Special note: insight golem is not worth it. You will find that CS is not Pit, iron golem dies too often to bother with insight. Recast on white or grey stuff on floor when he dies and voila. You can even use clay golem if you want, but I like iron golem more cause you don't need to cast it at beginning of every run :p

Equipment:
I didn't really seek most optimal gear, but I think this I use is quite good.

Griffon's Eye (facet), Enigma, Rising Sun, Homunculus (facet), Web (facet), Mesh belt, Trang claws, beta Bkwb + fcr ring, Sandstorm Treks (any resist boots will do), 8 skillers, small charms, cube.

Go max block naturally. Idea of Griffon's Eye is to get 75 fcr breakpoint easily + it offers skill anyway. However if you don't have beta Bkwb, then you can use 2 skills fcr circlet and use 2 fcr rings with whatever mods you find useful. I think Homunculus is sub optimal choice cause you don't have DR on gear except on Enigma, so when you are cursed + fanaticism pack, it can get ugly. Stormshield with facet is much better option for safety. It wouldn't affect killing speed much.

Possible performance:
Leveling 94-95: ~10600 xp/s, 5 hours 25 min to level up. Comparable to 177s Baal, and 159 s Lister running.
Leveling 95-96 (calculated guess): ~6400 xp/s, 9 hours 45 min to level up. Comparable to sub 150s Lister running.
Leveling 96-97 (calculated guess): ~ 21 hours to level up
Leveling 97-98 (calculated guess): ~sub 57 hours to level up, comparable to sub 190 s Baal running.

I'm not exactly 100% sure how is CS nec in comparison to best possible summoner nec Baal runner who can be quite fast. I've done testings with Pitnec and got ~8700 xp/s on level 94, but I ran with 500+ MF without a single skiller in inventory. So I'd say even Pitnec with skillers is possibly slower, but overall more profitable for leveling cause you farm much better than with CS nec. Also did some testing with AT poison nova nec to get ~8500 xp/sec on level 94. It is also possible to improve on that, but I don't believe it can get better than CS nec one way or another.

AT Fissure Druid (sub level 98 leveling)

Method of running: get to waypoint, buff BO (I'm not sure is battle command needed, it won't really make difference except for maybe HC players, but you can also cast it when you are killing some bosspack and have nothing else to do) then summon oak and enter AT. There you focus only on bosses and ignore champions unless there are like 4 at a bunch. Also ignore Invader packs with only 3 minions most of the time unless they come with other packs too, they take too much time and offer too little for it. Cast Fissure then you can play with Grizzly (lol) or you can tele on top of boss getting ready to firestorm him as soon as timer is up. Do not underestimate firestorm, it is killing very fast. Fissure is better on many targets naturally. Volcano is also good option for Invader boss. Naturally skip fire immune Invader boss.

Equipment:
What you really want is Infinity on merc, and as much -enemy fire ress as possible.

Ravenlore (facet), Enigma, fcr amulet (19+ is ideal), Phoenix shield, Hoto, Mesh belt, Magefist, dual beta BKWB, War Travelers (you can go with any other boots, I went for a bit of MF). 8 skillers, cube, small charms.

Overall, idea is to have nice - enemy fire ress and 99 fcr breakpoint. First of all, 99 fcr breakpoint is not needed because your spells are on timers and you will just wait most of the time. So lower fcr is very nice too. Lower breakpoint is at 68 fcr, and I even think lower than that can be good too, but I'd stick at least with 68. There are other possible equipment options, but this presented here I find nicely balanced. Phoenix giving life and mana is nice bonus too. Naturally, merc is using Infinity. Mine uses Fortitude and Vampire Gaze with it. Merc is might, because you need something to kill Invaders faster. They are quite tough even after - fire ress from equipment.

Possible performance:
Leveling 94-95: ~8400 xp/s, 6 hours 50 min to level up. Comparable to 223 s Baal, and 200 s Lister running.

For comparison, I've done leveling with Pit windy, with, if I recall correctly, something like ~5k xp/s. I just know how much faster AT Fissure druid is than Pit windy, he is even comparable to Pitnec in leveling which is great in my book. But I don't think AT Fissure druid is best possible option for leveling. Windy running Lister is quite safe and quite efficient as well. He needs 3 min 20 sec Lister running to be comparable to Fissure druid according to my tests, and I do believe he can do it. I'm not sure would random player have faster Lister runner or AT runner. Fissure druid requires some positional playing, so I'd say Lister windy is possibly better option to level up the druid for most players.

Nova Sorc write-up originally posted by me:

While my main mission at the moment is the final push with my untwinked 99er Necro, I decided to go for a break and mix in another build for change of pace. I've been fooling around with less commonly used builds for higher player settings such as Bowazon and trying to make it work for P7/P8 running. After finding this cute little orb, I figured it was time to try with Nova.

The only Nova Sorc I played a little bit in recent times was a self-wielding Infinity Vita build with Insight Merc. It's a solid and straight-forward setup, but I had always wondered how far she could go with an orb setup. So when I got the orb above I thought it could be good enough to build around, plus it seemed very nice for an Energy Shield variant, which I never really used so far. Nova Sorcs had seen some use around here recently for P5 Cow running (both @Gripphon and @NanoMist ran some with her for RFL) and while she's a good cow runner, I was interested in P7 lvl 85 area running. Again I chose P7 Pit as her main target as a lvl 85 area suited for a lightning damage character.

After rushing her through the game, fooling around with different setups and 2 respecs, this is the gear and build she ended up with:

Stats, gear and build

Gear:
Code:
Griffon's Eye, 5/5 facet (+20/-24)
Arkaine's Valor +2/13 iDR, 5/3 facet
+2 Sorc/+2 Nova/20 FCR/+1 ES/energy/mana rare orb, 5/3 facet
3/10 FCR magic amulet
Spirit Monarch
+3 MPK/10 mana regen/24 MF/FR/LR crafted caster gloves
Arachnid Mesh
2x SoJ
Silkweave

Switch: CtA, Spirit

Inventory: 8x Sparking GC, mana/life SCs, 1x FHR SC

Merc (Defiance): Infinity, Fortitude, Andy
Build:
Code:
20 Nova
20 LM
20 TK
20 ES
14 Warmth (currently, remaining points go here)
1 Frozen Armor

Stats:
165 Strength for Ark
215 Energy
115 Vitality (remaining points go here)
25 Dexterity (base)
Which gives her the following core stats at level 89 (after BC/BO):
Code:
Nova damage 2411 - 3112 (2761.5 avg) at lvl 44
1075 life
2147 mana
105% FCR breakpoint
86% FHR breakpoint
8 Mana per kill
13 iPDR
-34 enemy lightning resist

This is how gameplay looks like:

EDIT: GoMule dump:
Code:
Name:       Nova
Class:      Sorceress
Experience: 1536352570
Level:      89

Naked/Gear
Strength:   165/169
Dexterity:  25/25
Vitality:   115/181
Energy:     215/234
HP:         398/524
Mana:       571/861
Stamina:    267/267
Defense:    6/2246
AR:         75/75

Fire:       60/20/-40
Cold:       65/25/-35
Lightning:  85/45/-15
Poison:     65/25/-35

MF:         24       Block:      2
GF:         0
FR/W:       30
FHR:        90
IAS:        0
FCR:        110

Fire Bolt: 0/0
Warmth: 14/24
Inferno: 0/0
Blaze: 0/0
Fire Ball: 0/0
Fire Wall: 0/0
Enchant: 0/0
Meteor: 0/3
Fire Mastery: 0/0
Hydra: 0/0

Charged Bolt: 1/22
Static Field: 1/22
Telekinesis: 20/41
Nova: 20/43
Lightning: 1/22
Chain Lightning: 1/22
Teleport: 1/22
Thunder Storm: 0/0
Energy Shield: 20/42
Lightning Mastery: 20/41

Ice Bolt: 0/0
Frozen Armor: 1/11
Frost Nova: 0/0
Ice Blast: 0/0
Shiver Armor: 0/0
Glacial Spike: 0/0
Blizzard: 0/0
Chilling Armor: 0/0
Frozen Orb: 0/0
Cold Mastery: 0/0

Sparking Grand Charm of Life
Grand Charm
Required Level: 42
Fingerprint: 0x1b4a5f2a
Item Level: 80
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+1 to Lightning Skills (Sorceress Only)
+5 to Life

Sparking Grand Charm of Burning
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xd8a2945a
Item Level: 84
Adds 2 - 7 Fire Damage

Sparking Grand Charm of Shock
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xb7fcf9eb
Item Level: 83
Adds 1 - 2 Lightning Damage

Sparking Grand Charm of Vita
Grand Charm
Required Level: 69
Fingerprint: 0xce325637
Item Level: 81
+38 to Life

Snake's Small Charm of Sustenance
Small Charm
Required Level: 24
Fingerprint: 0x243cb9e6
Item Level: 85
+13 to Life
+12 to Mana

Sparking Grand Charm of Strength
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x4a3e827c
+4 to Strength

Serpent's Small Charm of Sustenance
Small Charm
Required Level: 40
Fingerprint: 0x5e0d7967
+14 to Life
+16 to Mana

Serpent's Small Charm of Life
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xa9784c81
+9 to Life
+15 to Mana

Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xddb36a37
+8 to Life
+15 to Mana

Snake's Small Charm of Life
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x84fad73f
Item Level: 82
+5 to Life
+11 to Mana

Sparking Grand Charm of Quality
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x857a6243
+2 to Maximum Damage

Tome of Town Portal
Fingerprint: 0x2a9d0f52
Item Level: 91

Tome of Town Portal

Tome of Town Portal

Sparking Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x8b89ebd

Serpent's Small Charm of Balance
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xdea85c40
Item Level: 79
+5% Faster Hit Recovery
+13 to Mana

Infinity
Scythe
BerMalBerIst
Two Hand Damage: 45 - 114
Durability: 33 of 33
Required Level: 63
Required Strength: 31
Required Dexterity: 31
Fingerprint: 0x5f55b669
Item Level: 86
50% Chance to cast level 20 Chain Lightning when you Kill an Enemy
Level 12 Conviction Aura When Equipped
+35% Faster Run/Walk
283% Enhanced Damage
-47% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
40% Chance of Crushing Blow
Prevent Monster Heal
+44 to Vitality (Based on Character Level)
30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Level 21 Cyclone Armor (30/30 Charges)
Ethereal
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Ber Rune
Socketed: Mal Rune
Socketed: Ist Rune

Ber Rune
Weapons: 20% Chance of Crushing Blow
Armor: Damage Reduced by 8%
Shields: Damage Reduced by 8%

Mal Rune
Required Level: 49
Weapons: Prevent Monster Heal
Armor: Magic Damage Reduced by 7
Shields: Magic Damage Reduced by 7

Ber Rune

Ist Rune
Required Level: 51
Weapons: 30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Armor: 25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Shields: 25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x83a6da0e
+6 to Life
+17 to Mana

Snake's Small Charm of Life
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x491aebe1
Item Level: 79
+7 to Life
+9 to Mana

Tome of Identify
Fingerprint: 0xb75a1887
Item Level: 10

Tome of Town Portal

Sparking Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xec13b4fa

Horadric Cube
Fingerprint: 0x76586e02
Item Level: 13

Griffon's Eye
Diadem
Defense: 212
Durability: 18 of 20
Required Level: 76
Fingerprint: 0x49c6528b
100% Chance to cast level 47 Chain Lightning when you Die
+1 to All Skills
+25% Faster Cast Rate
Adds 1 - 74 Lightning Damage
-24% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+20% to Lightning Skill Damage
+160 Defense
1 Sockets (1 used)
Socketed: Rainbow Facet

Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x472bcd23
Item Level: 87
-5% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+5% to Lightning Skill Damage

Powered Amulet of the Apprentice
Amulet
Required Level: 45
Fingerprint: 0xf87a3b9b
+3 to Lightning Skills (Sorceress Only)
+10% Faster Cast Rate

Arkaine's Valor
Balrog Skin
Defense: 1377
Durability: 30 of 30
Required Level: 85
Required Strength: 165
Fingerprint: 0x6f21511d
Item Level: 95
+2 to All Skills
+30% Faster Hit Recovery
+3% to Lightning Skill Damage
+166% Enhanced Defense
Damage Reduced by 13
1 Sockets (1 used)

Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x8ec637d0

The Stone of Jordan
Ring
Required Level: 29
Fingerprint: 0xb690278c
Item Level: 43
+1 to All Skills
Adds 1 - 12 Lightning Damage
+20 to Mana
Increase Maximum Mana 25%

The Stone of Jordan
Ring
Required Level: 29
Fingerprint: 0x6d38ef50
+1 to All Skills
Adds 1 - 12 Lightning Damage
+20 to Mana
Increase Maximum Mana 25%

Arachnid Mesh
Spiderweb Sash
Defense: 129
Durability: 12 of 12
Required Level: 80
Required Strength: 50
Fingerprint: 0x6c7fb1cd
+1 to All Skills
+20% Faster Cast Rate
Slows Target by 10%
+105% Enhanced Defense
Increase Maximum Mana 5%
Level 3 Venom (11/11 Charges)

Silkweave
Mesh Boots
Defense: 117
Durability: 16 of 16
Required Level: 36
Required Strength: 65
Fingerprint: 0xa49a2d37
+30% Faster Run/Walk
+162% Enhanced Defense
+200 Defense vs. Missile
Increase Maximum Mana 10%
+5 to Mana after each Kill

Viper Hand
Bramble Mitts
Defense: 119
Durability: 12 of 12
Required Level: 64
Required Strength: 50
Fingerprint: 0xe0a4e2fb
Item Level: 96
+89% Enhanced Defense
+12 to Mana
Regenerate Mana 10%
Lightning Resist +20%
Fire Resist +30%
+3 to Mana after each Kill
24% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Tome of Town Portal
Fingerprint: 0xd9cc6e85
Item Level: 10

Full Rejuvenation Potion
Replenishes Mana 100%
Replenishes Health 100%

Full Rejuvenation Potion
Replenishes Mana 100%
Replenishes Health 100%

Full Rejuvenation Potion
Replenishes Mana 100%
Replenishes Health 100%

Insight
Thresher
RalTirTalSol
Two Hand Damage: 64 - 651
Required Level: 53
Required Strength: 142
Required Dexterity: 108
Fingerprint: 0xf4f33bb7
Level 17 Meditation Aura When Equipped
+35% Faster Cast Rate
209% Enhanced Damage
+9 to Minimum Damage
233% Bonus to Attack Rating
Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
Adds 75 Poison Damage Over 5 Secs (125 Frames)
+1 to Critical Strike
All Stats +5
+2 to Mana after each Kill
23% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Ethereal
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Ral Rune
Socketed: Tir Rune
Socketed: Tal Rune
Socketed: Sol Rune

Ral Rune
Required Level: 19
Weapons: Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
Armor: Fire Resist +30%
Shields: Fire Resist +35%

Tir Rune
Required Level: 13
Weapons: +2 to Mana after each Kill
Armor: +2 to Mana after each Kill
Shields: +2 to Mana after each Kill

Tal Rune
Required Level: 17
Weapons: Adds 75 Poison Damage Over 5 Secs (125 Frames)
Armor: Poison Resist +30%
Shields: Poison Resist +35%

Sol Rune
Required Level: 27
Weapons: +9 to Minimum Damage
Armor: Damage Reduced by 7
Shields: Damage Reduced by 7

Preserver's Grand Charm of Greed
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xc3b6052c
+1 to Defensive Aura Skills (Paladin Only)
12% Extra Gold from Monsters

Full Rejuvenation Potion
Replenishes Mana 100%
Replenishes Health 100%

Greater Mana Potion
Replenishes Mana 150%

Super Mana Potion
Replenishes Mana 250%

Super Mana Potion
Replenishes Mana 250%

Super Mana Potion
Replenishes Mana 250%

Full Rejuvenation Potion
Replenishes Mana 100%
Replenishes Health 100%

Full Rejuvenation Potion
Replenishes Mana 100%
Replenishes Health 100%

Full Rejuvenation Potion
Replenishes Mana 100%
Replenishes Health 100%

Full Rejuvenation Potion
Replenishes Mana 100%
Replenishes Health 100%

Full Rejuvenation Potion
Replenishes Mana 100%
Replenishes Health 100%

Full Rejuvenation Potion
Replenishes Mana 100%
Replenishes Health 100%

Full Rejuvenation Potion
Replenishes Mana 100%
Replenishes Health 100%

Full Rejuvenation Potion
Replenishes Mana 100%
Replenishes Health 100%

Call to Arms
Superior War Scepter
AmnRalMalIstOhm
One Hand Damage: 38 - 65
Durability: 70 of 70
Required Level: 57
Required Strength: 55
Fingerprint: 0xfc9ca7a2
+1 to All Skills
+40% Increased Attack Speed
285% Enhanced Damage
+150% Damage to Undead
Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
7% Life stolen per hit
Prevent Monster Heal
+1 to Holy Shock (Paladin Only)
+6 to Battle Command
+6 to Battle Orders
+1 to Battle Cry
Replenish Life +12
5 Sockets (5 used)
Socketed: Amn Rune
Socketed: Ral Rune
Socketed: Ohm Rune

Amn Rune
Required Level: 25
Weapons: 7% Life stolen per hit
Armor: Attacker Takes Damage of 14
Shields: Attacker Takes Damage of 14

Ral Rune
Required Level: 19
Weapons: Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
Armor: Fire Resist +30%
Shields: Fire Resist +35%

Mal Rune

Ist Rune

Ohm Rune
Required Level: 57
Weapons: Enhanced Maximum Damage
Armor: +5% to Maximum Cold Resist
Shields: +5% to Maximum Cold Resist

Spirit
Monarch
TalThulOrtAmn
Defense: 145
Chance to Block: 0
Durability: 86 of 86
Required Level: 54
Required Strength: 156
Fingerprint: 0x22d8e829
+2 to All Skills
+31% Faster Cast Rate
+55% Faster Hit Recovery
+250 Defense vs. Missile
+22 to Vitality
+107 to Mana
Cold Resist +35%
Lightning Resist +35%
Poison Resist +35%
+6 Magic Absorb
Attacker Takes Damage of 14
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Thul Rune
Socketed: Ort Rune

Tal Rune

Thul Rune
Required Level: 23
Weapons: Adds 3 - 14 Cold Damage Over 3 Secs (75 Frames)
Armor: Cold Resist +30%
Shields: Cold Resist +35%

Ort Rune
Required Level: 21
Weapons: Adds 1 - 50 Lightning Damage
Armor: Lightning Resist +30%
Shields: Lightning Resist +35%

Amn Rune

Raven Heart
Eagle Orb
One Hand Damage: 2 - 5
Durability: 20 of 20
Fingerprint: 0x142a7328
+2 to Sorceress Skill Levels
+20% Faster Cast Rate
+1 to Energy Shield (Sorceress Only)
+1 to Meteor (Sorceress Only)
+2 to Nova (Sorceress Only)
Hit Causes Monster to Flee 50%
+19 to Energy
+21 to Life
+31 to Mana
1 Sockets (1 used)

Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0xf5ee68fb
Item Level: **

Spirit
Monarch
TalThulOrtAmn
Defense: 141
Chance to Block: 0
Durability: 85 of 86
Required Level: 54
Required Strength: 156
Fingerprint: 0xd967f7d5
+2 to All Skills
+35% Faster Cast Rate
+55% Faster Hit Recovery
+250 Defense vs. Missile
+22 to Vitality
+99 to Mana
Cold Resist +35%
Lightning Resist +35%
Poison Resist +35%
+6 Magic Absorb
Attacker Takes Damage of 14
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Thul Rune
Socketed: Ort Rune

Tal Rune

Thul Rune
Required Level: 23
Weapons: Adds 3 - 14 Cold Damage Over 3 Secs (75 Frames)
Armor: Cold Resist +30%
Shields: Cold Resist +35%

Ort Rune
Required Level: 21
Weapons: Adds 1 - 50 Lightning Damage
Armor: Lightning Resist +30%
Shields: Lightning Resist +35%

Amn Rune

Mercenary:

Name:       Gulzar
Race:       Desert Mercenary
Type:       Def-Normal
Experience: 78420808
Level:      89
Dead?:      false

Naked/Gear
Strength:   197/225
Dexterity:  160/160
HP:         1990/2112
Defense:    1459/5003
AR:         2024/2024

Fire:       176/136/76
Cold:       181/141/81
Lightning:  181/141/81
Poison:    251/211/151

Fortitude
Great Hauberk
ElSolDolLo
Defense: 3213
Durability: 26 of 26
Required Level: 59
Required Strength: 108
Fingerprint: 0x1b989f40
Item Level: **
20% Chance to cast level 15 Chilling Armor when struck
+25% Faster Cast Rate
300% Enhanced Damage
+200% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense
+122 to Life (Based on Character Level)
Replenish Life +7
+5% to Maximum Lightning Resist
All Resistances +25
Damage Reduced by 7
12% Damage Taken Goes To Mana
+1 to Light Radius
Ethereal
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: El Rune
Socketed: Sol Rune
Socketed: Dol Rune
Socketed: Lo Rune

El Rune
Required Level: 11
Weapons: +50 to Attack Rating
+1 to Light Radius
Armor: +15 Defense
+1 to Light Radius
Shields: +15 Defense
+1 to Light Radius

Sol Rune
Required Level: 27
Weapons: +9 to Minimum Damage
Armor: Damage Reduced by 7
Shields: Damage Reduced by 7

Dol Rune
Required Level: 31
Weapons: Hit Causes Monster to Flee 25%
Armor: Replenish Life +7
Shields: Replenish Life +7

Lo Rune
Required Level: 59
Weapons: 20% Deadly Strike
Armor: +5% to Maximum Lightning Resist
Shields: +5% to Maximum Lightning Resist

Andariel's Visage
Demonhead
Defense: 331
Durability: 20 of 20
Required Level: 83
Required Strength: 102
Fingerprint: 0x323f0cb
15% Chance to cast level 15 Poison Nova when struck
+2 to All Skills
+35% Increased Attack Speed
10% Life stolen per hit
+114% Enhanced Defense
+28 to Strength
+10% to Maximum Poison Resist
Fire Resist -5%
Poison Resist +70%
Level 3 Venom (20/20 Charges)
1 Sockets (1 used)
Socketed: Ruby Jewel of Fervor

Ruby Jewel of Fervor
Jewel
Required Level: 31
Fingerprint: 0x8a9a0243
+15% Increased Attack Speed
Fire Resist +25%

Infinity
Thresher
BerMalBerIst
Two Hand Damage: 72 - 846
Required Strength: 142
Required Dexterity: 108
Fingerprint: 0xd3491066
50% Chance to cast level 20 Chain Lightning when you Kill an Enemy
Level 12 Conviction Aura When Equipped
+35% Faster Run/Walk
301% Enhanced Damage
-47% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
40% Chance of Crushing Blow
Prevent Monster Heal
Level 21 Cyclone Armor (30/30 Charges)
Ethereal
4 Sockets (4 used)

Ber Rune

Mal Rune

Ber Rune

Ist Rune

Build and setup considerations

There are quite few things to take care of with a Nova/ES build and ultimately it's a matter of prioritization how to deal with them. This was my order of business:
  • Highest Nova damage I could achieve. The only downside of the skill is its somewhat mediocre damage, so maximizing that was my number one priority.
  • Mana upkeep: Running with an Infinity Merc and without Insight gives you a considerable mana problem to solve, given Nova is not exactly cheap on mana, but there are solutions. Warmth at lvl ~20+ really does a great job. That together with an amount of 8+ MPK I found sufficient to run very comfortably and reduce potting to a minimum.
  • -ELR: Apart from enabling an Insight Merc, the advantage of self-wielding Infinity is its massive -ELR, which is very helpful vs broken LIs. While a higher +skill setup such as this one does provide higher overall damage, I wanted to include facets where I could in order to have LIs not slow me down too much. (Given + damage is additive with LM, I only needed the -5 roll on the facets and used two -5/+3 ones to socket the orb and Arkaine's.)
  • iDR: The way ES works, iDR is applied to the remaining 5% of damage that go to the life pool, so iPDR/MDR are both great stats in significantly reducing that. This is closely related to choice of body armor (see below).
  • FHR: Technically as long as ES is active it shouldn't matter much, but somehow I found less than 60% is definitely problematic. I ended up really liking the 86% BP over 60% (though 60% should be sufficient).
  • MF: Haven't focused on MF so far as I just wanted to check general viability and focus on making her powerful overall. I have MF only from gloves, but by now I would be comfortable including quite some MF via charms and maybe sockets. That being said, I don't see her competing with e.g. a P7 Pit Necro regarding MF efficiency due to her rather specific gearing needs – but certainly she is very competitive in terms of XP and rune finding from lvl 85 areas.
Mana burn

Huge pain in the ass of course, and I was kind of afraid Archer bosses with nasty rolls would tear her apart on a regular basis. Certainly it's not the best build to gain XP in later levels, because it's very hard to completely avoid deaths in the long run. At least if you always teleport right into the fray, which I do because otherwise runs would be slower, and that's not the goal here. ;) But I have to say, with a decent life pool of >1000 that gives her the necessary reaction time to escape, pop a purple, recast ES and re-engage from a safe position. Overall I'm happy with her survivability in general, I had feared it would be more of a problem.

Couple of further notes on gear choices:

Gloves: I haven't seen people use crafted caster gloves, but I've recently started to craft a lot of them. Main reason is I think they can be quite incredible for a Javazon with +2 Jav/20 IAS/3 MPK. While I'm out of luck in that regard so far, I got a few to work with. With +3 MPK, mana and mana regen, and with FCR not required from the glove slot, even just the basic stats they roll are very helpful for this build. I tried other options such as Bloodfist, Drac's, Magefist or Frostburn, but in particular when going Spirit shield the +3 MPK is nice to grab here.

Shield: An interesting slot with Lidless Wall and Spirit competing big time, and also related to glove and body armor choice. I have used a 5/5 faceted Lidless Wall most of the time with her and it's a great option. I bridged the resulting FCR gap with Magefist, resulting in a +2 MPK overall improvement over Spirit/caster gloves and a setup that's slightly stronger vs broken LIs due to the extra facet. However, I figured the +3 MPK gloves with Spirit are fine in terms of mana upkeep, while Spirit provides higher damage vs non-LIs. But the main reason I ended up with Spirit was its 55% FHR. Together with Arkaine's Valor this meant one SC got me to the 86% FHR BP, which somehow felt like a noticeable improvement over 60%.

Body armor: Arkaine's Valor is what I ended up with after fooling around with Viper, Fortitude, Gladiator's Bane, Que-Hegan's Wisdom and Enigma – all of them being good alternatives and each of them offering distinct features. Arkaine's Valor is a cool armor which I haven't used in ages (as someone who doesn't time travel, so far at least ;)). While merely getting a weary smile from 1.07 afficionados around here, current patch Ark has a lot going for it. +2 skills and a socket for a facet meant it was better damage than my alternatives, iPDR is great and I like the 30% FHR as well.

What I don't have for comparison, unfortunately, is a +3 Nova Ormus. The extra skill is interesting to further increase damage, and while it lacks FHR or iPDR, its FCR grants some flexibility to get those (or other) defensive stats in other places.

200 FCR? With her weapon of choice that is out of reach, and running numbers roughly I somewhat doubt it would be an actual improvement. However, it is on my list to do with her, and be it only for the fun of total speed madness. ;)

Conclusions
I enjoyed her a lot (and still do), nice character to try and take to higher player settings. The huge upside in terms of damage reduction from Energy Shield and dealing with its Achilles heel in the form of mana burn was fun to work with. Shout-out to @Grape who had built a Lightning/ES Sorc some time ago and whose write-up provided a very helpful starting point for this character.

She's still work in progress. With more remaining points going into Warmth, she could actually get away with a lower amount of MPK and include e.g. more MF. An Enigma setup could be interesting. It's slightly lower damage and FHR but that should be fine, though losing the iPDR here could hurt. In turn it saves many strength points, provides LPK, high MF and some %PDR, which could make a difference when mana burned. The Lidless Wall route could be worth exploring more. And I wanted to try and incorporate a 4-facet Monarch. So yeah, lots of things to try still. ;)

Thanks for reading. Thoughts, suggestions or comments are most welcome!

Started another project today, namely AT windy. Well I think result is very pleasant so decided to make a video. Compared to the last time I played AT windy, improvement is huge. Video shows windy with 578 MF killing stuff who can actually almost compete with blizzard sorcs. Keyword almost. He can hit ~6-6.5 sec/bosspack which is a bit worse than best blizzard sorcs around.

Perhaps I could remove dual bkwb for MF rings to gain another 70 MF instead without feeling drop in speed, but haven't try that yet. Rolled map few hours ago and did like 100 runs total on it for now. But on 50 test runs map had 6.24 bosspacks average. "Because it is impossibru to roll AT map with over 6 bosses average" - Maareek 20xy-2015! I'm trolling ofc, but it is kinda incredible I rolled such maps for both sorc and windy in a short time.

Secret? I changed two things that actually have impact. First and most important is Inifinity on merc instead of Inisight and Reaper's. I was surprised how strong hurricane actually is when paired with Infinity, it's almost like you have blizzard of your own. Almost again the keyword here.
Second thing is I invested 20 points into Arctic Blast that helps ok against physical immune monsters. With hurricane + that + Infinity it's almost like there are no physical immunities at all! Anyway check video to see for yourself.

Originally posted by Espr:

Very shiny times guys!

Short version:

SC WW Barb
Category: p8 Pindle
Runs: 200 (0 skipped)
AVG: 20.585s
CAT: 13.195s
MF: 358MF (147eMF)
IF: 56%
Adjeff: 2.69 fabians

SC WW Barb
Category: p3 Travincal
Runs: 200 (0 skipped)
AVG: 48.698s avg
CAT: 31.21s
IF: 56%

Long version:

TRAVINCAL P3 WW RUNS

Code:
1216: 19:56:28 // 59.037s avg // 37.5s fastest // 37.844s CAT (RFO 2014 round 1)
1420 19:58:06 // 50.624s avg // 35.478s fastest // 32.45s CAT (RFO 2014 round 2)
200: 2:42:19 // 48.698s avg // 34.9s fastest //  31.21s CAT (post RFO)

Time spent picking up darn near everything, including 4'th belt slot open for potion clearing, most (unfortunately mostly unehanced) gold stacks, blue monarchs, claws, and the usual rares/gems/runes.

The runs were a mix of running through kurast to the WP, and using town portal scrolls to S&E in act4 a good chunk of the time. 4x4 Inventory spaces were kept free.

The gear:
Grief (Phase Blades) // 2x HoTO
Highlord's Wrath
Arreat's (diamond jewel, 37%ED/+37AR vs Demons)
Enigma Light Plate
Arachnid's Mesh
Laying of Hands
Gore Rider's

Rare Rings:
Code:
Wraith Finger
Ring
Fingerprint: 0xda547c20
+10% Faster Cast Rate
+9 to Minimum Damage
+15 to Attack Rating
6% Life stolen per hit

Storm Touch
Ring
Required Level: 74
Fingerprint: 0x4e7168b4
+119 to Attack Rating
6% Mana stolen per hit
7% Life stolen per hit
Replenish Life +4
+18 to Mana
All Resistances +3

The Merc:

Reaper's Toll (Shael)
Kira's Guardian 70@ (15%IAS/18%Fire Resist)
Guardian Angel (15%IAS/55AR)

PINDLE
p7 runs
Code:
200: 1:09:38 // 20.89s avg // 15.16s fastest // 327MF (141eMF) // 13.39s CAT (2.778 fabians)
200: 1:10:50  // 21.269s avg // 16.37s fastest // 358MF (147eMF) // 13.63s CAT (2.75 fabians)

p8 runs
Code:
200: 1:12:52 // 21.862s avg // 15.85s fastest // 327MF (141eMF) // 14.01s CAT (2.9 fabians)
200: 1:08:37 // 20.585s avg // 15.26s fastest // 358MF (147eMF) // 13.195s CAT (2.67 fabians)

The difference in speed between p7 and p8 is now negligible for this character, which is good for the primary goal of exp!

The gear set up has changed again, and this time significantly enough I feel it's worth going over everything in full:

1.07 eth zerker Griefs // 2xHoTo
Highlord's Wrath
1.13 Shako (PTopaz)
Enigma Light Plate
1.07 Ghoulhide
Arachnid's Mesh
War Travs (43% MF)

Rare Rings, FCR replaced thank to rawness and nulio, but other same as above:
Code:
Stone Knot
Ring
Required Level: **
Fingerprint: 0x1f6e05a
+10% Faster Cast Rate
+104 to Attack Rating
3% Life stolen per hit
+17 to Strength
+14 to Life
Lightning Resist +9%

The Merc:
Reaper's Toll(Shael)
Treachery
Kira's Guardian 70@ (15%IAS/18%Fire Resist)
*Kira's mostly for the ias/fhr and cannot be frozen.

So now I'm running at 105FCR with an additional 1% in itemfind, at the sacrifice of ~30%MF, and SoE. The significant loss of dex in switching weapon types from phase blades isn't significant at all, unlike with Trav. I've still got 92%+ chance to hit as before, mostly thanks to ghoulhide; even dropping a high Steel GC of Maiming for Gheed's from my Trav set up.

The free inventory space from Trav goes to the cube and mostly 7% MF charms, but a couple of 6%'s with good affixes.

Originally posted by @T72on1

As the title implies, I want to increase my efficiency. Mainly efficiency in finding stuff, but also some other things, like gaining xp. Problem is, I thought I had it all structured in my head, but now that I'm finally making this post, my head is like complete chaos. Here it goes anyway.

First a little bit of background, just so you know where I come from, and which bad habits I had and still have to get rid off. Back when I started playing D2, a bit after the game got released, I didn't have any internet at home. So I didn't read anything about build guides, mf guides, game mechanics, ... I just played the game as it was, without muling programs, runeword mod (would have been hard in 1.00 :rolleyes:), ... And I always did full clears, doing all side areas, and often opening all chests and a lot of other poppables. Needless to say that getting through the game took me ages.

Fast forward to this day, I have gotten rid of most of those very inefficient things. Since getting internet and joining the Basin in 2007, I have been reading a lot about game mechanics, mf, ... and have learnt a lot by reading posts from and playing with a fellow Basin and SPF member I used to do MP games with. Still the completionist in me sometimes has a hard time leaving all those urns, barrels, ... alone, or killing nothing but the bosses in a level when doing mf runs.

So long story short: inefficiency used to be my middle name, but I'm working on it, and have gotten rid of most really bad habits.

On to the issue at hand: nothing is perfect, and in my case there is still plenty to improve, I'm sure. I have been reading a lot on mf runs, rune finding runs, build guides, .... but I have a hard time not mixing things up. So I'll ask some questions here, post some statements as I think they are right, in the hope that you guys and girls will correct me if wrong (and I'm aware some of my statements will be terribly wrong :oops:), and hopefully the end result will be a more efficient T72on1 :).

Like I said, I wanted this to be structured, but for some reason I seem to have forgotten most I wanted to post in the first place :confused:. So expect more questions / statements along the way. Here goes:

• this (and the following discussion thread) is a fairly comprehensive and accurate list of efficient mf characters; other characters can work, but not nearly as efficient;
  • the list is written for SC, but applies to HC as well, with some tweaks to gear / skills / attributes
  • until you have Enigma, Sorcs are by far the most efficient mf and rune find characters due to teleport; with Enigma the above list applies, but Barbs come out on top most of the time
  • doing areas like AT, cows and the Pits for mf is best done on /p1, as the bosses / champions drop the same on /p1 as on /p8; normal monsters drop better the higher the player setting, but they aren't worth it to kill, except maybe if it's a big pack
  • doing those areas for runes, it's best to tune up the player setting as high as possible (as long as it doesn't mean you lose too much killing speed)
  • for act bosses and superuniques, I generally rely on this mf guide; so Pindle on /p1, Meph on /p3; I don't often run others, but I've read to kill Baal on/p3, Diablo probably the same; this applies to mf, again to find runes it's best to tune up as high as possible, as long as you still kill fast
  • mf (almost) doesn't matter for chest drops
  • the best areas to farm for runes are LK and Travincal, and to a lesser extent cows
  • the best way to get skillers is to get Grand Charms with an ilvl that is high enough to roll +1 skills, but not too high so that the max number of different possibilities gets limited (preferably from NM Flayer Jungle and up, but not beyond Act 3) and to reroll those
  • this is the map I currently have in AT for my Blizzard Sorc, with the route I always follow in red, from the entrance at the top left to the point where my merc and me are in the picture (don't dare to laugh at my mad drawing skill :oops:); as you can see, I always skip the part to the right, because I tend to encounter 5 - 6 boss/champs on my route anyway, and the part to the right usually doesn't have boss/champs; would this be the most efficient, or would it be better to do the right part anyway, for those times when a boss / champ does spawn there?
  • from this thread, I gather that it might be worth it to pop crates, corpses, jugs, logs, boulders, stashes, cocoons, goo piles, dead guards, caskets, beds and sarcophaguses, but not Urns, rock piles, baskets, jars, barrels, if you're not losing too much time doing so; or is this only for dedicated runs on poppables, and shouldn't I bother when running for example AT?

That's all I can think of for now, although I thought there was much more. I will add questions / statements if I think about them. Again, to be clear, these are all things I think are true, but they might as well be completely wrong. So feel free to correct me, answer me, whatever, and as such increase my efficiency :). I apologize for this post being so chaotic, but I hope it will still be a good start to increase my efficiency, and also general knowledge of the game.

Thanks in beforehand :).

Originally posted by T72on1

This one has been bugging me for quite a while now, so here it finally goes … As most regulars here will know, ever since joining the SPF, I have been trying to increase my efficiency. And thanks to the great advice given, I have the feeling I have actually been able to do so.

However, when people talk about run times, for Travincal, CS runs, AT runs, … I still have the feeling that I’m downright slow. Problem is that a lot of those posts about run times, which I take as a point of reference, come from true D2 veteran pros, like @Gripphon and @Grape for example. I have absolutely no problem with being slower than someone like those. I'm just wondering though, if I'm truly slow (and if so, what can be done about it), or if I'm just as fast as your everyday SPF member, and it's basically me having a wrong view on reality because of the top tier players.

What really started this was running times of sub 40 seconds mentioned for /p1 AT and 18 seconds for /p3 Travincal,as those are 2 areas I feel like I'm starting to really master. So for me seeing those run times were really discouraging.

So I was thinking this could be a place where people post their run times for various areas and targets. Not as a thread where people show off their best efforts (iirc there is another thread for that), but just their average running times. And not only the top tier players, but as many people as possible, so that people can get a good view of what they can consider slow, average, fast and very fast run times.

Obviously this thread isn't only about the run times themselves. I also would like this to be a place where people share tips on how to get faster, and in general just improve their runs.

I'll start off with some of my run times. Feel free to add any other areas / targets than the ones I'm mentioning here. Maybe I forgot them, maybe I just don't run them (yet), ... I can only add a few of my own, since I haven't done many of the obvious targets like (Meph, Andy (skipped those with my Sorc), Pits, Cows (no Enigma yet). But I already wanted to get this going, so ...

O yes, some areas are obvious, while other areas might need a bit more explanation, since they can be run in different ways. CS for example, I only included 2 seals (Vizier and Infector) runs, because that's what I did on my way from 97 to 98. Obviously there's Diablo runs as well, which would net completely different times.

Last note: not sure about other people, but for me run times means everything done ingame included (stashing, id'ing, ...), muling off in GoMule not included. So basically the number you see under 'average running time' when using Run Counter.

My run times, all with Blizz Sorc:

LK p7 (dual campfire): 35 sec
Travincal p3: 29 sec
AT p1: 50 sec
AT p7: 89 sec
CS p7 (2 Seals): 63 sec
Pits p1: ?
Pits p7: ?
Pindle p1: 18.5 sec
Mephisto p3: ? (it's been ages since I ran him)
Cows p7: 6 minutes or so? (with Javazon, no Enigma yet)
Andariel p3: ? (never ran her much)
RoF superchests p7: 20 sec

@ffs
You just have to develop some technique with nec since I believe you are used to javazon playing style, while necro is slightly different in both herding and killing style. I can list most important things just in case since I have no idea how do you play.

- merc is your main killing machine to get corpses, gear him well (eth weapon + Fortitude) and give him time to provide you with corpse faster, which means you stay put for a second or two so he can attack while supporting him with nova/revives
- amplify curse (mentioning just in case, I know i used LR curse before which is inferior)
- have high level amplify, it really helps when its range is big
- hold alt to show items all the time. As soon as you see first items on the floor or know cow is dead, start CE chain immediately and don't bother with nova anymore
- treat nova only as something that reduces cows life in range to help starting chain CE faster and to support merc slightly, while main killing comes from the combination of merc+amplify+CE. If you see dead bodies and new cows approaching, don't bother with nova, simply amplify them and snipe with CE

EDIT
You can try Hoto as weapon too, though I find mpk from Web really good to have.
Or, you can also try boner variant where you support merc creating faster corpses with bonespear. It should provide corpse faster, though it lacks nice AOE damage from nova and possibly slightly slower start of CE chain, BUT it should be just as strong as nova variant.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High