US Protests - How do you think it's going to end

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure there are good people on both sides.
I know exactly what you're referring to there. I'm also sure you've never acknowledged the sentence Trump said literally immediately before those words that read "and I'm not talking about the white supremacists".

Reactions: jmervyn
A collection of racists. Look a confederate flag!

If you condone any of this or make excuses for it, you need to have a really hard look at yourself and also start educating yourself about history and what all these symbols represent to communities around the world.

What happened yesterday was incited by a US President who asked followers to challenge the democratic mandate of the people. He needs to be removed now because as a sitting President, when he leaves, he still has access to classified information. This is why articles of impeachment are being drawn up now, to make sure he has no further access to classified information once he has gone. Simply put, he is dangerous. He could easily sell information for financial gain, or even put US officials or service people in harms way.

I will also leave this here. Watch the Trumps literarily celebrate the attack on the Senate as it's happening. If you think these are rational people, then you need help.

Last edited:
I'm shocked... truly and deeply... that people who were praising the wanton destruction of residential areas, private businesses, and public property, the perpetration of violence against citizens, the disruption of commerce, etc. are somehow appalled by the direct (and honestly, mostly peaceful) storming of a government building. One was pretty explicitly against The People, the other explicitly against what protestors perceive as a corrupt government.

It's almost like the real concern here is politics, not people.

I'll be totally honest here, I'm down with anyone, for any reason, peacefully storming a government building. Particularly when the apparent alternative is burning down (the low income, under-developed) half of a major metropolis.
I can generally agree with that. Not that I'm fond of the idea of people storming into the capital building mind you. But if I were forced to choose between a riotous, angry mob (aka. "peaceful protestors") burning the whole city to the ground and a by comparison only peaceful protest (aka. racist insurrectionists) breaking a few windows and taking selfies in a single building, well... It's a lot easier for a community to recover from selfie sticks than it is for them to recover from a pile of rubble.

Reactions: zemaj
Windows and Democracy were both broken at the Capitol yesterday. You are right, the windows will be easy to fix, but it will take a long time to heal a nation from this "peaceful protest".

I know exactly what you're referring to there. I'm also sure you've never acknowledged the sentence Trump said literally immediately before those words that read "and I'm not talking about the white supremacists".
Most racists preface their racist words with "I'm not a racist but....". This was his shout-out to the neo-nazis.

Reactions: Rush
Even if I swallowed the pill and believed in all of the stolen election crap, as soon as I arrived at the party and saw who else was there, I'd nope right the F out. I wouldn't want to rub shoulders with many of the attendees at that protest.

To stay means you are A-OK with what they stand for.

Reactions: zemaj and Rush
Windows and Democracy were both broken at the Capitol yesterday. You are right, the windows will be easy to fix, but it will take a long time to heal a nation from this "peaceful protest".
A good start would be not automatically calling anyone who disagrees with you a racist. That bullshit has gone way beyond simple name calling now. The left has completely deluded themselves into genuinely believing it.

Reactions: jmervyn and zemaj
A good start would be not automatically calling anyone who disagrees with you a racist. That bullshit has gone way beyond simple name calling now. The left has completely deluded themselves into genuinely believing it.
Not all Republicans are racist, that's a fact. But a lot are.

This left/right stuff is all BS. There is simply what's right and what's wrong in any civilised society. Obviously what happened yesterday is very wrong.

Reactions: Leopold Stotch
This left/right stuff is all BS. There is simply what's right and what's wrong in any civilised society.
This.

Yesterday's entire fiasco was predicated on Racism. Trump's lawyers fought to overturn what votes? Those in Philadelphia, Detroit & Atlanta. What do those cities have in common?

Thank you for proving my point.
My point would be that racists don't like being called out as being one.

Rush is correct and racism will never go away if we pretend it doesn't exist.

He could have said the same thing about the Dems and he would have been equally correct. The point of discussion though was the racists in the Republican party who attacked the Democracy yesterday.

Yesterday's entire fiasco was predicated on Racism. Trump's lawyers fought to overturn what votes? Those in Philadelphia, Detroit & Atlanta. What do those cities have in common?
They all have strong evidence that fraud occurred which should have been investigated but was completely ignored and all attempts to investigate obstructed at every turn. FYI, did you realize that Trump made considerable gains in the "black vote" except in the specific districts that Biden had to win?

Look, it's not that anyone wanted the courts or congress or anyone to just arbitrarily declare Trump the winner. But is it really "overturning the will of the people" when the results can't be trusted as accurate? All these people want is to be heard. They want somebody to acknowledge that it's kinda suspicious when the poll watchers are sent home and an hour later there's a huge spike in votes, far larger than what the machines can actually tally, for a particular candidate. They want somebody to say "Hey, you know, it seems rather odd that the rejection rate for mail in ballots is thirty times lower this year than in any other when we have this sudden, massive push for the whole election to be mail in." They want somebody to ask the question "Why are we using voting machines that were designed from the ground up to rig elections?"

Last edited:
They all have strong evidence that fraud occurred which should have been investigated but was completely ignored and all attempts to investigate obstructed at every turn. FYI, did you realize that Trump made considerable gains in the "black vote" except in the specific districts that Biden had to win?
List the evidence? Actual evidence. I'm not even talking about 7 million votes. Give us evidence of say 100.

There were recounts. There were audits. There were court cases filed up to and including the Supreme Court. Last count was 0-42 cases. Some of these cases were in front of judges actually nominated by Trump.

The only fraud case that I know of that is legit was a guy in PA who voted for Trump using the ballot he requested for his dead mother.

Biden, along with Obama, were the ones responsible for the children in cages. You know, the guy that apparently just got elected as president? Yeah, him. He's the one who did it. Sorry, not sorry. ;) (btw, I'm actually ok with that one as long as the living conditions aren't too egregious. You would be too if you realized the reason why they were being put there in the first place.)

WHAT? 😐

I remember my Trump letter. I don't recall it saying anything about washing your hands. I just remember it saying something like "Here's your check and thank you." Like, what?

And, IIRC, Pelosi was "standing in the way" because what the Republicans were trying to put in that bill was bullshit to protect companies from their workers suing them or monetary protection? Something that wouldn't have been helpful. Then again, some people say that SHE was adding things that weren't helpful to the people either so... 🤷🏻‍♀️ I don't know a whole lot about this so maybe someone more knowledgeable can talk more about this.

I don't think Trump is a wannabe dictator. He's too stupid. Does he want absolute power to do whatever? Absolutely. But he's realized he can't and he STILL TRIES to push how far he can go and manipulate the people and the system. And they think poor people are terrible for manipulating the system...
Is he racist? Well... I think the more appropriate thing to say is he certainly race baits and when you're a racist you see that as, "Hey this guy is on my side! He knows!" (Generalized you. Not calling you, Glurin, a racist)

May I just add that as a half Latina half white woman, I did not appreciate his locker room talk from 2005, I certainly did not appreciate his Cinco de Mayo tweet with a taco bowl NOR did I appreciate him saying Mexico is not sending their best NOR did I appreciate that he said we had low IQ when we show up to immigration court to do the right thing (that happened in the October 2020 debate) but please continue, lol. 🙃

Last edited:
May I just add that as a half Latina half white woman, I did not appreciate his locker room talk from 2005, I certainly did not appreciate his Cinco de Mayo tweet with a taco bowl NOR did I appreciate him saying Mexico is not sending their best NOR did I appreciate that he said we had low IQ when we show up to immigration court to do the right thing (that happened in the October 2020 debate) but please continue, lol. 🙃
The wall with alligator moats and the drug dealers, criminals and rapists thing bothered me a little more than the taco bowl thing but I've never eaten a taco.

List the evidence? Actual evidence. I'm not even talking about 7 million votes. Give us evidence of say 100.

There were recounts. There were audits. There were court cases filed up to and including the Supreme Court. Last count was 0-42 cases. Some of these cases were in front of judges actually nominated by Trump.

The only fraud case that I know of that is legit was a guy in PA who voted for Trump using the ballot he requested for his dead mother.
Just off the top of my head, 6000 uncounted votes discovered during an audit in Georgia. Recounts shaving Biden's lead by thousands where normally you expect a few hundred. Over 100,000 absentee ballots in Pennsylvania with suspect or impossible postal return dates. 50,000 votes just up and vanished in Pennsylvania as well. Voting machines designed to rig elections, the discovery of which only happened because the votes on one county had been flipped. (You don't even need the forensics report for that one. It's right there in the manual.) Thousands of votes in Arizona with a vacant lot as the voter's address and/or bogus DoB.

Here's the thing though. In order to justifiably prevent certification or to decertify results, you don't have to find video of some guy filling out and stuffing tens of thousands of votes into a ballot box. Certainly helps, but that's not the requirement. What certification means is that the officials are saying "Yes these are the results and they are accurate to the best of our ability." But if you can show evidence that casts significant doubt on the accuracy of the results, whether you've got someone in handcuffs or not, then the results should not be certified. In such a case, and just for an example we'll say it's South Dakota, what should happen is that when South Dakota is asked who their electoral college votes go to, South Dakota should respond with "We don't know and you haven't given us time to fully investigate, therefore we abstain." After that it's all dependent on if someone can reach 270 with the results that can be certified and if not then the vote goes to the house, which is not unprecedented.

Go to bed Mellissa Carone. You are drunk again.

If you condone any of this or make excuses for it, you need to have a really hard look at yourself and also start educating yourself about history and what all these symbols represent to communities around the world.

What happened yesterday was incited by a US President who asked followers to challenge the democratic mandate of the people. He needs to be removed now because as a sitting President, when he leaves, he still has access to classified information. This is why articles of impeachment are being drawn up now, to make sure he has no further access to classified information once he has gone. Simply put, he is dangerous. He could easily sell information for financial gain, or even put US officials or service people in harms way.

I will also leave this here. Watch the Trumps literarily celebrate the attack on the Senate as it's happening. If you think these are rational people, then you need help.

Wow... we went from "Russian collusion in the election!" to "Elections can't be rigged!" really fast, didn't we?

Also, I could personally not care less about what the Trump clan was up to yesterday, he's out, and pedo-bear is in charge now. Especially since the entire point of yesterday's session was glossed over by the time the protestors left.
Just a point: we haven't had a Democracy in... just over 150years. The US is a Republic. The last vestigial remains of democracy is in fact what was supposed to discussed yesterday, and then a protest happened...

Also, I never said "peaceful" in relation to yesterday's protest. What I said was "mostly peaceful", which I understand is significantly different from a riot.

Reactions: jmervyn
It's a measure to prevent human trafficking. Basically these kids are showing up and saying "This is my uncle George." or "I'm here to meet uncle George." But it's not uncle George. In fact they have no relationship at all and that kid is destined to be a drug mule at best. Or work in the "service" industry at worst. Can't just let uncle George take him with nothing more than his word that they're related. Can't just let them wander around either. So, you need somewhere to put large numbers of people where you can also separate them into demographic groups until you can reasonably verify that there's a legitimate relationship. That's just one of the more pleasant examples, fyi.

May I just add that as a half Latina half white woman, I did not appreciate his locker room talk from 2005, I certainly did not appreciate his Cinco de Mayo tweet with a taco bowl NOR did I appreciate him saying Mexico is not sending their best NOR did I appreciate that he said we had low IQ when we show up to immigration court to do the right thing (that happened in the October 2019 debate) but please continue, lol.

Hey, nobody said the guy was a saint. We all knew he's one of those guys who'd probably walk into the room and just belt out "Man, I just farted in the hallway and what a stinker that was." Certainly not the kind of guy anyone would want as president. But it was that or yet another in a long, LONG line of politicians using a whole lot of words to say nothing but somehow at the same time tell you exactly what you want to hear.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High