US Protests - How do you think it's going to end

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which, like the false accusations about use of tear gas to clear the way to St. John's church, has not been forthcoming?

...For example, "everyone" insists that tear gas was used in the brutal suppression of totally innocent tourists hanging around the Church of St. John... yet not only is that extremely unlikely given the Park Police denial (which they would be excoriated for if false) but many of the surrounding claims are also fabricated or invalid.

As an update:

CDC has now determined tear gas was used.

• United States Park Police say smoke canisters and pepper balls were used to clear protesters at Lafayette Square on Monday
  • The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention classifies riot control agents (also known as "tear gas") as "chemical compounds that temporarily make people unable to function by causing irritation to the eyes, mouth, throat, lungs, and skin"
  • The CDC lists pepper balls as an example of a riot control agent

As an update:

• United States Park Police say smoke canisters and pepper balls were used to clear protesters at Lafayette Square on Monday
  • The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention classifies riot control agents (also known as "tear gas") as "chemical compounds that temporarily make people unable to function by causing irritation to the eyes, mouth, throat, lungs, and skin"

That doesn't fit Merv's narrative so he will continue to play word games and insist that no gas was used and even if it was it was only directed at the "vermin" attacking the police. Those exercising their First Amendment Rights and the clergy in front of St. Johns church didn't suck any gas into their lungs. They must have all just had a previous engagement and decided to leave the square at the same time.

It is rather telling that the Arlington Police who were mixed in with the Park Police as part of a reciprocal support agreement with DC, were sent home right after the Trump ordered attack.

“Appalled mutual aid agreement abused to endanger their and others safety for a photo op,” Garvey wrote just before 9 p.m., about two hours after the incident. “We ordered @ArlingtonVaPD to immediately leave DC.”

“The County is re-evaluating the agreements that allowed our officers to be put in a compromising position that endangered their health and safety, and that of the people around them, for a purpose not worthy of our mutual aid obligations.”

As an update:

That would be the same CDC that has caused hundreds of unnecessary deaths thanks to their grotesque incompetence during the Chinese Coronavirus epidemic, yes? I assume you believe they were on-site embeds with the rioters? Kind of strange, what with their HQ in Atlanta & all...

Just so you understand my laughter at your Twitter citation (bound to be better than Wikipedia, right?), you're playing the same sort of "6 degrees of separation" game to support these ludicrously false claims as Glenn Beck was routinely mocked for back on FOX News.

It's like calling a blue whale a Weapon of Mass Destruction because if you drop it from a sufficient height it could be devastating.

Pepper balls are paintballs, and are even fired from the same weaponry that paintball gamers use. They pop open on contact with a target. You can buy them on the Internet, if you like. They contain capsicum, which I generally prefer in habanero flavor on my breakfast fry-up. Pepper spray generally isn't effective either, which is why it's available for civilian purchase but many people like myself would prefer to keep a can of wasp spray handy for the same purpose.

iu

"Tear Gas", in contrast, is generally referred to as CS (there are others) and is a smoke created by burning chemicals (2-chlorobenzalmalononitrile is the norm, according to Wiki), most often delivered via a literal smoke grenade.
iu

I'm, shall we say, intimately familiar with CS. I fondly remember little tablets of CS which could be inserted into standard smoke grenades to give wargaming exercises a little extra kick if the troops were arrogant enough to try to ignore your simulated chemical attack and charge through the smoke. We even had an old building on the German military installation I managed which had been used for regular training over the years, and you literally couldn't drive by it without your skin prickling and your eyes tearing up.

In short, Pepper balls are point target projectiles filled with irritant like capsicum, meaning you fire them *at* a target, while tear gas is, duh, a gas.

Anyroad, back to topic. Both Steven Crowder & James O'Keefe have "candid camera" footage of Antifa planning & organizing their savagery, apparently including some juicy quotes indicating their willingness to attempt to mutilate those they declare targets and their deliberate tactics of infiltration & acting as agents provocateur in peaceful protests, exactly as has been seen in the past days.

What fun! Just for kicks, right? Like kicking unconscious people in the head? If they say you're a Nazi, then you must be a Nazi, and deserve to die if they can get away with it. Of course, they've been seen to scream and bleat like little lambs if they happen to be injured, so I doubt they're quite as tough as the parent organization in Europe.

I doubt we'll hear more in the coming months, because the so-called Mainstream Media has had this information for years & prefers to coddle if not openly support Antifa terrorism.

The above is why the nation will never truly be healed. It doesn't matter how many atrocities performed by the police and the federal authorities, there will always be about 35% of the voters in the States who will not find a problem with the death and pain. The victims brought it on themselves by voting Democrat or having the wrong colour skin. America will forever be divided.

Last edited:
To soften up the topic, here's a soothing video for you::

What do you think, what's to be done for society? Find out yourself, USA!

Reactions: jmervyn
Video Unavailable.

Hmm, are you serious or is that a kind of subtle humor? You know, Germans are bad at finding out the difference.

Must be a location thing. Video may not be available in the US because of copyright laws.

Here's another link:

That one works.

So to answer Elly's question ...How will this end?

Uncle Ben's Rice has been renamed and an episode of Golden Girls was removed from Hulu.

Aunt Jemima Syrup is being changed too.

Aunt Jemima Syrup is being changed too.
Well there you go then. Real change! You can all burn your protest signs and get back to work now.

Well there you go then. Real change! You can all burn your protest signs and get back to work now.

They were actively protesting (and looting) not far from here, stores like Home Depot and Lowes were shut down and put under police guard to pre4vent potential mobs from getting more supplies to damage property with.
A Walgreens not far from here was being guarded by the police. One of the more violent groups wated to loot that particular Walgreens for several days but they were prevented from doing so.

The damage is done I'd say. The victims are probably the protesters themselves who will need to realize how incredibly selfish they have been spreading the virus around unnecessarily and also damaging the economy massively. They should feel guilty and stupid.

Reactions: jmervyn
They should feel guilty and stupid.

They can't because:

Protests very often come with extremists and idiots in the wake, pretty much like most other things involving lots of people, so I see no reason why some people are particularly upset about this one. I have no problem with anybody being brought to justice if they break a law, however (assuming I'm fine with the law). Being an idiot is not against the law, in contrast to the deeds being done, for whatever reason. BTW, I prefer stupid lawbreakers to clever ones because they are easier to convict.

Even the dumb mob has its use. Apart from giving me a feeling of superiority without having to take efforts, I like the rulers fearing them. In fact, it's an indicator of the quality of a state if the rulers have to fear the people, even when coming in silly mobs, instead of the other way around.

Last edited:
They can't because:

Sadly, Cleese remains a hard-core Progressive, and one would think he'd learned just how poisonous that thinking is when he himself was attacked by the SJW "cancel culture"...

However, what really shows just what filth the "protestors" are was cemented this last week, which is why the American media is studiously ignoring it and there's not a snowball's chance in Hell that European Progressive media will mention it:

Don Lemon Tells Terry Crews: Black Lives Matter Is About Police Brutality, Not About Dead Children

In other words, the protestors are Maoist in nature, demanding the destruction of existing society (black men are less likely than white to be either killed or roughed up by police), rather than what they claim is their cause. 9 children have been killed in Chicago since June 20th. A man was deliberately murdered here in NYC last Saturday with his 6-year-old as they crossed the street.

Actor Terry Crews is trying to be a moderate and the Maoist & fascist filth in charge of the Democrat Party can't allow that.

P.S. to lighten things up a bit, those of you who didn't see Mr. Crews as the President in "Idiocracy" or elsewhere might enjoy this set of commercials (one of his first gigs) - kris might like the 6:00 minute mark...

Last edited:
However, what really shows just what filth the "protestors" are was cemented this last week, which is why the American media is studiously ignoring it and there's not a snowball's chance in Hell that European Progressive media will mention it:

In other words, the protestors are Maoist in nature, demanding the destruction of existing society (black men are less likely than white to be either killed or roughed up by police), rather than what they claim is their cause. 9 children have been killed in Chicago since June 20th. A man was deliberately murdered here in NYC last Saturday with his 6-year-old as they crossed the street.

Actor Terry Crews is trying to be a moderate and the Maoist & fascist filth in charge of the Democrat Party can't allow that.

"Your hate and racism is delicious." /Satan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High