US Protests - How do you think it's going to end

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think what flummoxes me about Conservatives is the ideology that progress should be stifled. Being in the UK we are now watching a Conservative govt literally destroy the country. Screwed our trade, no management of a pandemic, financial corruption at the highest level. At the same time actively against the very basic human decency like feeding kids, homelessness, leave the self employed out of pandemic funding, well the list goes on. Conservative values rail against a lot of what makes us decent human beings to each other and there lies the problem with it. We should be helping and looking after each other, the less fortunate. Why be conservative and hold progress back? Being a conservative these days is not about stopping big govt or "freedom" (which we all have as democratic countries anyway) as they often profess, it's about looking out for yourself only and profiting off the back of others. This is fundamentally wrong.
Ok, I can only speak for this side of the pond, and won't try to speak for some place I do not actually live in until they start talking about killing citizens or invading neighboring nations. That said, from what you tell me, I think the citizens of the UK should start protesting these things, to affect immediate change, and voting out the politicians that drive them, perhaps even having hearings to ensure the validity of the vote tallies, to ensure lasting change. Also, for the record, I have to agree, Conservatives in the UK sound like terrible people from the way you portray them, and really more like Luddites than what I think of as conservative.

Conservatives in the US (this really only applies to citizens, in politicians 'conservative' really means nothing, if not the opposite) by and large are not really like that, though some certainly are. More frequently, they are against expanding government control and funding. So less "No money for the homeless" and more "No corporate bailouts". Less "Stifle progress, at all costs!", more "How about we put in a 'reset' so if this turns out to be unfeasible or unsustainable, we can go back to how it was before." Less "We simply MUST spend billions in foreign aid", more "Charity starts at home." I could go on, but think my point is made (if not, please point out the specific that needs elucidation).

If you get your information from major media outlets, I will point out the point has already been made in this thread that nearly all are controlled and owned by major liberal interests, that do a damned fine job of demonizing anyone who dissents with their opinion. The rest are pretty much the polar opposite, so just as bad for getting a clear picture of what the actual state of affairs is. To whit, I frequently get my news from BBC and al-Jazeera, as they at least cover two sides of the issue, before telling you what you should think. Journalism is dying, and that's a true shame, particularly since it's being replaced by opinion and editorial, which is more entertainment than actual news.

You are so full of shit, it must leak out your ears.

It's more like this.

Liberals. let's raise the federal minimum wage from $7.25 an hour to $9.10 an hour. It hasn't been raised from $7.25 since 2009, 11.5 years ago.

Conservatives. Bootstraps. Get 2nd job picking cotton. Something even more racist. No.
Dude, can you make a single coherent statement without falling back on "Everyone I disagree with are racists!" It gets old, especially when you have to start shoe-horning it in, and twisting the arguement to fit your narrative. I'll go ahead and point out there is a term for people who consider the color of a persons skin more important than the content of thier character. (Thank you, Dr. King)

To address your 'point': economics 101.

If you increase the amount employers have to pay thier employees, without addressing other, more directly pertinent issues first, it isn't the employers that pay that difference, it's the consumers. So now, consumers paying more for products will raise the cost of thier product/service (like, for example, housing), increasing the amount the workers you were trying to help have to pay out, in addition to having to pay more for the goods they need to fulfill thier needs (for example, food and clothing), and so on. In the end, all you have done is actually EXPAND the lower class, SHRUNK, the middle class, and MINUTELY increased the upper class (and, interestingly enough, this increase usually includes the lawmakers and lobbyists who push these concepts). How about instead we promote a law that states that no employee of a company can be paid more than 500x what the lowest paid employee is paid? That would do far more for most low-income workers than raising the minimum wage, while not being an essential death-sentence to small businesses.

• Love
Reactions: jmervyn
Start of post Reminder: I'm a stupid liberal that loves giving money to everyone. If that offends you stop reading now.

Conservatives in the US (this really only applies to citizens, in politicians 'conservative' really means nothing, if not the opposite) by and large are not really like that, though some certainly are. More frequently, they are against expanding government control and funding. So less "No money for the homeless" and more "No corporate bailouts". Less "Stifle progress, at all costs!", more "How about we put in a 'reset' so if this turns out to be unfeasible or unsustainable, we can go back to how it was before." Less "We simply MUST spend billions in foreign aid", more "Charity starts at home." I could go on, but think my point is made (if not, please point out the specific that needs elucidation).

Zemaj, do you really believe this? Lets focus in on this line: So less "No money for the homeless" and more "No corporate bailouts"

The most recent blatant contrary point to this is the Covid-19 CARES act, it was a huge $2.2 Trillion dollar legislation. Part of this legislation was obviously direct payments to the people. This made up only $300 billion of the $2.2 trillion. $500 billion alone was designated specifically as loans to corporations, $208 billion of which were to major corporations, is this not bailing out corporations? A very similar thing happened with the 2009 stimulus package that bailed out the banking industry.

Lets move back a couple years before the CARES act though, tax reform was released in 2017. This SLASHED the corporate rate from 35% to 21%, nearly in half. Did you happen to see an increase in your pay when they reduced the corporate rate? Because I sure as hell didn't, that all went directly into the bottom line. "But Pyro, they reduced taxes for individuals too!" Yeah, well lucky me I work in taxes so I know the true details of this. They reduced the top income tax bracket from 39.6% to 37%. Nice right? But unfortunately that doesn't impact you unless you make over $500k a year, so that change definitely wasn't meant for you and me. There are also various other provisions in the tax reform, but I want to highlight the main points, 1. the highest dollar value of the tax breaks benefited those people making over $500k a year (the wealthy and business executives), 2. the corporate tax rate reduction is PERMANENT, and 3. most of the individual tax provisions that did help the common person (you and me) sunset, as in they expire and they go back to what they were in 2025. Does this sound like No corporate bailouts to you?

Here is a fun graph showing the change in prices (source: https://www.aei.org/carpe-diem/chart-of-the-day-century-price-changes-1997-to-2017/):

1610392088813.png

We can see here that the price of some things have gone down and the price of some things have gone up, expected. Now lets say I have my fun idiot friend who works a minimum wage job and makes $7.15 an hour. As noted above minimum wage hasn't been adjusted in years so that fun line showing increase in wages doesn't apply to my idiot friend. @zemaj and @Glurin. Are you both saying my idiot friend who has been doing the same job for a while now, deserves to be able to afford 25% less food and housing because **** him and instead of working 60 hours a week he should work 80 hours a week to maintain his standard of living? Because that sounds exactly like what you are saying. Or maybe he should go to college and better himself instead, oh wait, shit, that line on the graph has exploded like a rocket, guess he'll just have to take out a shit ton of debt to afford it. Makes sense to me under the logic you are presenting.

I'm not saying everyone should be paid a million bucks. I'm saying it should be reasonable that everyone should be paid a reasonable wage regardless of the work they do. Even if every single person in the united states became college educated, guess what, these minimum wage jobs would still exist, and still need to be done. If a business can't survive on paying their employees fair wages than the business is not a successful business.

Let's refer to a simple study for a minute here: https://www.marketwatch.com/story/r...ould-raise-prices-by-4-study-finds-2015-07-28

Such outcry of raising the minimum wage ends up in a net 4% increase to the cost of the product. 4%! OH GOD HOW WILL I EVER SURVIVE HAVING TO PAY 4% MORE FOR MY LARGE FRY SO THAT SOMEONE ELSE COULD AFFORD TO FUCKING LIVE. Raising the minimum wage for these people would give them a 107% increase in wages, 107%! not 1.07%, 107%. I think I can deal with paying 4% more if someone else can have a better life. And guess what, them having more money means they are going to spend more money, and magic, the economy grows because of it.

@zemaj and @Glurin. Are you both saying my idiot friend who has been doing the same job for a while now, deserves to be able to afford 25% less food and housing because **** him and instead of working 60 hours a week he should work 80 hours a week to maintain his standard of living?
Nope. We're saying actions have consequences and you can't trust politicians no matter what side of the isle they're on. If they're offering you free money, you need to take a good, hard look at all the strings attached to it. Both the ones that appear as a natural consequence of the act and the ones that were deliberately attached to it by said politician. That's the way this is supposed to work. Both sides come together, point out the flaws in each other's proposals, and hopefully develop the best solution that works for everyone.

And speaking in a general sense, not at you specifically, for god's sake don't be dismissing people as racist or stupid just because they disagreed with you. That's easily been the most frustrating thing about all of this. All the people who have gone from hurling that label around like a tantrum throwing child to genuinely believing that everyone who disagrees with them is a racist bigot that needs to be forcibly silenced. And in a complete and total lack of self awareness, they demand fascist/nazi actions be taken in order to protect the country from "fascists/nazis". Worst of all, their elected officials are openly endorsing this violence and hatred, yet they are never held to the same standards as their opponents.

Last edited:
Reactions: jmervyn and zemaj
Nope. We're saying actions have consequences and you can't trust politicians no matter what side of the isle they're on. If they're offering you free money, you need to take a good, hard look at all the strings attached to it. Both the ones that appear as a natural consequence of the act and the ones that were deliberately attached to it by said politician. That's the way this is supposed to work. Both sides come together, point out the flaws in each other's proposals, and hopefully develop the best solution that works for everyone.

And for god's sake don't be dismissing people as racist or stupid just because they disagreed with you. That's easily been the most frustrating thing about all of this. All the people who have gone from hurling that label around like a tantrum throwing child to genuinely believing that everyone who disagrees with them is a racist bigot that needs to be forcibly silenced. And in a complete and total lack of self awareness, they demand fascist/nazi actions be taken in order to protect the country from "fascists/nazis". Worst of all, their elected officials are openly endorsing this violence and hatred, yet they are never held to the same standards as their opponents.

Yeah I get that, there are very few "good" politicians on either side, but the only reason strings are attached to something is because they are the ones attaching the strings. I'm not the one who said "you know what it would be great, if we could throw on protections for corporations so that they can't be sued if their employee dies to covid to this stimulus payment legislation".

Also, If you want to be technical, the only people I called stupid were my self, and my imaginary friend, tell me if I'm wrong but I think that's allowed. I made absolutely no mention of facist/nazi/racist anywhere in my post but you automatically tagged that on to there even though I had a fully fleshed out argument with sources and even a graph! I don't see any part in your response which indicates my argument is not valid or logically sound and I was directly replying to the topic that "paying higher wages is not possible/corporate bailouts are not happening". Its possible to pay higher wages, but we have been led to believe that its not because its going to increase the costs of everything, yeah, its going to increase cost, but the market also adjusts itself to what the consumer is willing to pay over time, it might be a pain initially but it will eventually equal out, that's how supply and demand works.

Yeah I get that, there are very few "good" politicians on either side, but the only reason strings are attached to something is because they are the ones attaching the strings. I'm not the one who said "you know what it would be great, if we could throw on protections for corporations so that they can't be sued if their employee dies to covid to this stimulus payment legislation".

And that's really all those protesters (minus the people who stormed the building) in DC were asking for. Just acknowledge that they exist and have legitimate reasons for believing what they do. Just hearing them out instead of insulting them would go a long way toward healing the division that has developed in this country.

For the record, I wasn't specifically referring to you with that second part. I'll go ahead and edit that.

Yeah, this is how that works.

Liberals: "We're introducing a bill to give homeless people a check every month for $5000 because we care about the homeless. We have to pass this bill within the next three hours or the world is going to end!"

Conservatives: "Hmm..... This bill classifies half your major donors as 'homeless', does nothing whatsoever to cover the cost, and somebody attached a rider that says everyone has to have a pine cone shoved up their butt once a week by a hairy biker. And that's just what we've discovered in the time you gave us to look at it. We can't vote for this."

Liberals: "YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!!!! We knew you were cruel, but how could you want homeless people to die slowly from starvation and disease?! Why do you enjoy watching people suffer so much?!?!"

:rolleyes:
Couldn't have put it better. Proggies claim that their ideas are "Progress" (including minimum wage) rather than yet another ride on the Venezuela merry-go-round, denouncing those who question their efficacy as RAAAACISSSS!!!!

Speaking of which, anyone here in the U.S. get their "crumbs" from Speaker Palsied yet? The Kennedy Center certainly needed that Wuhan Flu relief tho.

Reactions: zemaj and Glurin
Start of post Reminder: I'm a stupid liberal that loves giving money to everyone. If that offends you stop reading now.

Zemaj, do you really believe this? Lets focus in on this line: So less "No money for the homeless" and more "No corporate bailouts"

The most recent blatant contrary point to this is the Covid-19 CARES act, it was a huge $2.2 Trillion dollar legislation. Part of this legislation was obviously direct payments to the people. This made up only $300 billion of the $2.2 trillion. $500 billion alone was designated specifically as loans to corporations, $208 billion of which were to major corporations, is this not bailing out corporations? A very similar thing happened with the 2009 stimulus package that bailed out the banking industry.

Lets move back a couple years before the CARES act though, tax reform was released in 2017. This SLASHED the corporate rate from 35% to 21%, nearly in half. Did you happen to see an increase in your pay when they reduced the corporate rate? Because I sure as hell didn't, that all went directly into the bottom line. "But Pyro, they reduced taxes for individuals too!" Yeah, well lucky me I work in taxes so I know the true details of this. They reduced the top income tax bracket from 39.6% to 37%. Nice right? But unfortunately that doesn't impact you unless you make over $500k a year, so that change definitely wasn't meant for you and me. There are also various other provisions in the tax reform, but I want to highlight the main points, 1. the highest dollar value of the tax breaks benefited those people making over $500k a year (the wealthy and business executives), 2. the corporate tax rate reduction is PERMANENT, and 3. most of the individual tax provisions that did help the common person (you and me) sunset, as in they expire and they go back to what they were in 2025. Does this sound like No corporate bailouts to you?

I wouldn't say 'stupid'. 'Naive' and 'misguided', possibly, but certainly not anything implying you are deficient in some way. If I thought that, of anyone here, I wouldn't waste my time posting/responding. I'd like to think the same applies to everyone else here assembled as well, though it sometimes looks like it may not, in fact. This disturbs me far more than hearing ideologies I do not relate to or personally believe, I assure you.

Let me start by introducing you to my friend, the parenthetical statement. It's a, usually simple, statement that is placed within parentheses, commonly used to make a clarifying point that is frequently, but not always, not directly related to the rest of the text.

Example:
(this really only applies to citizens, in politicians 'conservative' really means nothing, if not the opposite)

I would have assumed that a tax professional would be more aware of this particular, as tax documents tend to be absolutely festooned with them, in my experience.

So, to address your points:

Covid-19 CARES Act - what conservative (even in the ridiculously loose meaning that applies to politicians) co-authored or sponsored that atrocity, exactly? I actually had hopes that Donny-boy would do something positive on his way out and do a slash-and-burn-style line-item veto through the damn thing, for spite, probably, but helping We, the People, out considerably as a consequence. Unfortunately, it was like a microcosm of his entire presidency; he comes out, says he will fight it, says some good things, says more bad things, and in the end totally capitulates, signs it, and gives his opponents pretty much everything they wanted, and We, the People, get the shaft.

2009 stimulus - ah yes, when that notoriously conservative monster Barack Obama was enjoying the height of his conservative-saturated House and Senate, right? Uh, no... not even close to it. I'm fairly positive that at that time, it was a liberal-laden House and Senate, and also that of the many things that could and have been laid at Obama's feet, being a conservative was never close to being one of them.

2017 tax reforms - so you are surprised that billionaire asshat gave himself and all his friends and cronies an enormous cut, hiding it behind a measly cut for actual citizens? I saw that coming when I voted for him, as much as I hate to admit it (I do feel justified in that choice, however, as my reasoning was if Clinton got the office, we'd be at very least in another arms-race standoff, ala 1970s-80s Cold War, if not full-on actual war, which is pretty much what would have happened, had she, as confirmed by both Russian and N. Korean despots). That we got anything, no matter how insignificant or short-lived is actually kind of astounding.

Pretty picture. If I read that correctly, it pretty much says that since Bill Clinton was halfway through his first term, probably much longer, no politician, or the bills/initives they have passed/shoved through, has done much of anything to affect the overall hyper-inflation of the costs of things citizens need most, correct? Not even the Affordable Health Care Act, and the big, fat, jack-all it did, except to add to an already considerable tax-burden on those who needed help the most? For the record, I classify the requirement of all citizens to have health insurance as a tax, as it is an expense one must pay, under threat of fines or imprisonment, for a dubious benefit one may not ever actually utilize... sounds like taxes to me. I, personally, would have much preferred if they would have just rammed socialized healthcare on through, like they could have. Then your theoretical buddy wouldn't have had to either pay directly out of his paycheck for insurance, or go through a ridiculously bureaucratic process to get essentially the same thing, at essentially the same cost, through a government agency. End cost for citizens would have been about 1.7% more, iirc, and then every citizen, regardless of income or lack thereof, would have gotten the actual, tangible benefit as well.

We can see here that the price of some things have gone down and the price of some things have gone up, expected. Now lets say I have my fun idiot friend who works a minimum wage job and makes $7.15 an hour. As noted above minimum wage hasn't been adjusted in years so that fun line showing increase in wages doesn't apply to my idiot friend. @zemaj and @Glurin. Are you both saying my idiot friend who has been doing the same job for a while now, deserves to be able to afford 25% less food and housing because **** him and instead of working 60 hours a week he should work 80 hours a week to maintain his standard of living? Because that sounds exactly like what you are saying. Or maybe he should go to college and better himself instead, oh wait, shit, that line on the graph has exploded like a rocket, guess he'll just have to take out a shit ton of debt to afford it. Makes sense to me under the logic you are presenting.

I'm not saying everyone should be paid a million bucks. I'm saying it should be reasonable that everyone should be paid a reasonable wage regardless of the work they do. Even if every single person in the united states became college educated, guess what, these minimum wage jobs would still exist, and still need to be done. If a business can't survive on paying their employees fair wages than the business is not a successful business.

Let's refer to a simple study for a minute here: https://www.marketwatch.com/story/r...ould-raise-prices-by-4-study-finds-2015-07-28

Such outcry of raising the minimum wage ends up in a net 4% increase to the cost of the product. 4%! OH GOD HOW WILL I EVER SURVIVE HAVING TO PAY 4% MORE FOR MY LARGE FRY SO THAT SOMEONE ELSE COULD AFFORD TO FUCKING LIVE. Raising the minimum wage for these people would give them a 107% increase in wages, 107%! not 1.07%, 107%. I think I can deal with paying 4% more if someone else can have a better life. And guess what, them having more money means they are going to spend more money, and magic, the economy grows because of it.

As for your hypothetical friend and minimum wage, I already addressed this in the post of mine you quoted. Even proposed a modest solution that would address the actual issue without causing even more inflation. I'll be vainglorious and quote myself again:

To address your 'point': economics 101.

If you increase the amount employers have to pay thier employees, without addressing other, more directly pertinent issues first, it isn't the employers that pay that difference, it's the consumers. So now, consumers paying more for products will raise the cost of thier product/service (like, for example, housing), increasing the amount the workers you were trying to help have to pay out, in addition to having to pay more for the goods they need to fulfill thier needs (for example, food and clothing), and so on. In the end, all you have done is actually EXPAND the lower class, SHRUNK, the middle class, and MINUTELY increased the upper class (and, interestingly enough, this increase usually includes the lawmakers and lobbyists who push these concepts). How about instead we promote a law that states that no employee of a company can be paid more than 500x what the lowest paid employee is paid? That would do far more for most low-income workers than raising the minimum wage, while not being an essential death-sentence to small businesses.

If you don't go through and fix the loopholes first, just jack the numbers up without regard for consequences, it ends up making things in fact much worse. Yeah, 4% doesn't sound like much when you apply it to mammoth portions of grease-soaked potatoes, but be honest now and apply it to EVERYTHING EVERYONE PURCHASES, EVERY TIME THEY MAKE A PURCHASE. Also be honest and admit that it wouldn't have stopped at 4% because greedy assholes would have added an additional 1-2% (at least) to cover 'additional costs incurred'. +107% of a pittance still doesn't amount to much, especially considering he would be paying all those 4%s just like the rest of us, and those other increases, like the increase to housing the landlords would charge to keep thier standard of living at the same level, as well. I would have thought someone who works in taxes knows how that goes, but I guess not. I'd also have thought my proposal would have made one such consider other alternatives, but I suppose you were in too much of a hurry to "prove me wrong" & promote your ideology to consider the validity of my points to any degree.

I'm pretty sure there is more than enough of this pie for EVERYONE to make a living-wage, without purposely gutting any current or potential small businesses, which do far more for the economy than bloated corporate giants do. We just need to limit how far these bloated mega-corporations and the greedy ones that sit in boardrooms for them can bleed us all. I believe in the entrepreneurial drive, and that people should be allowed to try bettering themselves and thier position if they feel they can. As such, I'd advise your theoretical friend to attend a trade school/technical college, which are far less costly than traditional colleges, and have nearly as many scholarships and subsidized loans available. I did, after wasting a bunch of time and money at a traditional college, only to find out that the passion I studied for has practically zero real job availability, and that I really suck at riding a desk for 9+ hours a day. Now, I instead get to design and make the coolest shit every day, using my hands as well as my mind to harness machines to do my bidding, and make much better money at it than riding that desk would have netted me had I stuck at it this entire time. Hell, give me a few more years without the continuous stifling of such and I might just go for broke and see about opening my very own fabrication/machine shop, then hire some twenty-something kid just like I was, and pay him the wages he needs to make it better for himself and his family, possibly even sparking that entrepreneurial drive, so he can do it as well. Cycle continues. In the meantime, I bet I could find a job for your friend and a few others as well, and not ever pay them minimum wage, because most people like me know that is just a crapchute, know that taking care of your employees you know by name makes them want to take care of your business, and don't want to perpetuate the vicious cycle... that's Mr. Billionaire-asshat-corporate-boardsitters job, and frankly, where these problems really stem from along with the political creatures they retain in thier employ to push through legislation that ensures they don't have to worry about a small business getting any of that pie.

Wow, that got pretty far afield, didn't it? My bad, I'll try to reel it back in...

Point is, raising the minimum wage would make all that impossible, or at least absurdly unlikely, and is as short-sighted as, say, eliminating half the population to increase the availability of raw materials. Why would anyone ever try to do better if they can earn the same amount just skating by, stocking shelves and flipping burgers? They wouldn't, and the economy would fall slave to the 1%, much as we are already seeing happen. Should less skilled or less ambitious people be able to earn a living wage? Of course and absolutely, but skills and ambition should pay dividends, not be regulated to unnecessary by making them unprofitable by removing those steps inbetween.

As I said, economics 101.

(I apologize for the formatting of this post not being up to my usual standards, forum software fought me every step of the way, and this was best I could do under circumstances)

Last edited:

Ah yes, back to the ostensible reason we are here.

All I can say is: I truly hope so.

I think it is far past time the the politicians remember they in fact serve and work for We the People, not the other way around. Also, I think it funny as hell how badly distraught they were upon experiencing thier own No-Knock Raid. At least none of them got gunned down while laying in bed, but then, protestors typically are not so inept as show up at the wrong address in the first place, so that might not be totally applicable comparison...

EDIT:
Also, by 'armed' I assume that means there won't be many amputees in attendance, as in DC protests I never saw a single firearm among any of the protestors. Or that the FBI is just playing the tune they have been told to play, by those trying desperately to misrepresent the protests as some sort of hostile takeover.

Last edited:
Speaking of which, anyone here in the U.S. get their "crumbs" from Speaker Palsied yet? The Kennedy Center certainly needed that Wuhan Flu relief tho.

I got my "go away, peasant" check, yes...

Seems a little light, though, after sending them my considerably detailed and cited report on how badly I wanted to study the possible genders, and dysphoria thereof, of the Pakistani population. :cry:

Reactions: jmervyn
Ah yes, back to the ostensible reason we are here.

All I can say is: I truly hope so.

Yeah well, I don't.

This has gone on long enough and has gotten out of hand. Those idiots are willing to put innocent people, myself included in harms way for their cause. Regardless of if it's right, wrong or what have you.

Yeah well, I don't.

This has gone on long enough and has gotten out of hand. Those idiots are willing to put innocent people, myself included in harms way for their cause. Regardless of if it's right, wrong or what have you.

How have they put anyone in harm's way, other than themselves? You afraid that some panicky asshole cop will discharge a round at a mass of them randomly, and end up hitting you in the throat?

Ok, that is a valid concern, I suppose... maybe we should take cops guns away, that would alleviate the problem...

No Afraid some asshole armed protester will do something stupid, I.E. Pull a trigger, walk in with a baseball bat, etc etc and end up either getting killed themselves or harming/killing someone else.

You forget or completely ignore or omit, the cops who may be "assholes" aren't the only assholes. Look at the instigating mob too.

While we are taking away the cops guns, lets get rid of the rifles, bombs, bats, and sticks and everything else that this so called armed mob will for sure bring.

I just look at the in fact body counts, bro...

Cops: 1
Protestors: 0

I have seen no evidence that anyone participating in these protests have brought any armaments with them. If you have such, in video or picture taken at the actual protest, not colloquial anecdotes that may or may not have been falsified later, please share.

I do however agree, it has gone far enough. Unfortunately, the people in power have decided to double-down instead of reconciling with the people who feel misrepresented, so that really leaves them with little actual recourse but to continue. It is most unfortunate, all around, but I believe in protecting the rights of the people to protest, over backing a government that continues to be dismissive to them.

I strongly disagree on disarming the public, however. As someone once said, "Anytime anyone tries to take your defenses, it's because they intend to do something you would want to defend yourself from."

@zemaj, guess you were not watching the news or maybe you're omittingor ignoring stuff, I don't know. several different outlets reported it, here's one link:

Google Molotov cocktails capitol riot, you'll see several reports on the same from different outlets.

While you're at it, google Weapons at capitol riot, guns too and Lonnie Leroy Coffman

I had a fully fleshed out argument with sources and even a graph! I don't see any part in your response which indicates my argument is not valid or logically sound
@Glurin - Don't waste your breath. It is impossible to make a logical argument against @Pyrotechnician. Everything will fall on deaf ears.. Because, what you don't know is that he is secretly mafia scum, waiting to kill you in your sleep! :ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High