Unneeded stress

jmervyn

Mar 24, 2020
I know most here don't believe in religious concepts (like being 'bedeviled') but I REALLY don't need additional stress right now... particularly stress for no reason.

My girlfriend Princess apparently lost ANOTHER nail. My wife's going to take her to the "doctor", who is now restricting hours & comes to your car to pick up the "patient".

I was studying to take my ITIL4 exam last night, and I completely lost ISP service - phone, Internet, and most of all Television! Didn't get it back until sometime mid-morning.

My exam was scheduled for 15:30. I had four power outages w/ computer shutdown & modem reboots from 15:10 to 15:25 (within the space of 15 minutes).

I still passed, and handily, but I REALLY didn't need crap like that.

I know most here don't believe in religious concepts (like being 'bedeviled') but I REALLY don't need additional stress right now... particularly stress for no reason.

My girlfriend Princess apparently lost ANOTHER nail. My wife's going to take her to the "doctor", who is now restricting hours & comes to your car to pick up the "patient".

I was studying to take my ITIL4 exam last night, and I completely lost ISP service - phone, Internet, and most of all Television! Didn't get it back until sometime mid-morning.

My exam was scheduled for 15:30. I had four power outages w/ computer shutdown & modem reboots from 15:10 to 15:25 (within the space of 15 minutes).

I still passed, and handily, but I REALLY didn't need crap like that.

I recall losing my internet on Tuesday for a couple of hours, too. I put it down to Jee Sea Aitch Cue installing spyware onto my router after me foolishly mentioning something to a colleague on a non-secure line the day before.

This is not as far-fetched as it sounds.

This is not as far-fetched as it sounds.
It's really not. A friend of my wife's is an ex-Chinese national & she's totally paranoid... but that doesn't mean Pooh's ignoring her!

My water heater could be hotter...
Is this a chronic problem? I've heard of governments lowering thermostats to save the planet & what not, but seems to me that an innovative lad would be able to solve that easily.

So I put on a 4 hour and 20 minute video of Soothing Sounds on my Youtube to try to de-stress. What idiot at youtube thought it would be a good idea to pause this video and popup a message every 10 minutes asking me if i'm still watching? You're not fucking helping!

So I put on a 4 hour and 20 minute video of Soothing Sounds on my Youtube to try to de-stress. What idiot at youtube thought it would be a good idea to pause this video and popup a message every 10 minutes asking me if i'm still watching? You're not fucking helping!

I HATE that new "feature"! I love using youtube for background music/sounds.

They probably want to save bandwidth because so many people are doing homeoffice, watching all kinds of stuff in 1080p while "working". If it's just about soothing sounds, then using a lower reolution for the might help... except you need visual effects to enhance enjoyment of the drugs you are currently consuming.

Click on news article in local paper about the latest covid numbers. Popup>>>click on privacy statement. Popup>>>click on button to accept cookies(thought i just did that in previous step). Popup>>>>sign on using account or facebook to login. Enjoy the first paragraph of this 10 paragraph article for free! Really?

When I was a kid, I stressed about Bigfoot attacks and alien abductions. 45 years later, I stress about about Bigfoot attacks, alien abductions and Murder Hornets....oh and that covid thing too.

Reactions: Rush
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High