trying to find spider cavern- hope game isn't glitching? i

agnostica

Nov 18, 2004
trying to find spider cavern- hope game isn't glitching?

I cannot find the spider cavern in Act III in the spider forest. I have the entire map of the spider forest viewed and tread upon, yet still i only found the "arachnid lair", not the dungeon i was looking for. Help anyone?

agnostica said:
I cannot find the spider cavern in Act III in the spider forest. I have the entire map of the spider forest viewed and tread upon, yet still i only found the "arachnid lair", not the dungeon i was looking for. Help anyone?

Its always the one furthurest from the WP.

its down a small side alley thing, and can be hard to find.

I would re run the map and look out for 2 big pillars, then run down the side.

Failing that , make a new game and try to find it that way.

yeah, i already found the second set of pillars, but there's no dungeon down there... and do you mean, starting the game from the beginning? or just re-loading it?

agnostica said:
yeah, i already found the second set of pillars, but there's no dungeon down there... and do you mean, starting the game from the beginning? or just re-loading it?

I would just exit the game, and make a new game, then re-explore the jungle.

probably a bit annoying ;(

It might be in a weird spot, i havent done act3 for a while, but does the Great marsh run onto one of the sides? if so it could be in an unusual location

If you are teleporting around, it sometimes happens that the "level up/down" graphics isn't displayed on the map/minimap, so if you just look on the map/minimap while teleporting, you might overlook it. Each time I was looking for the spider cavern, I found it, and I did that quest several dozens of times so far.

Sometimes a clearing can be reached from a very narrow way which might not have pillars and perhaps (although I'm not sure if it's possible) the "official", broader way with the pillars extends to the Great Marsh or the Flayer Jungle. That narrow way might be overlooked easily, especially when teleporting.

In order to reset the map on single-player (i.e. if you are not playing on bnet), you have to change to another difficulty or delete the .map file of the appropriate character in the save directory. I'm not sure about the file and it might even have a different extension, so better keep a backup before deleting anything.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High