Trapsin and The Pit - something fishy going on with boss pack spawns

I'm willing to experiment with grim wards in pit runs. I'm currently doing some LK runs with a berzerker in the Finding the Balance tournament. He happens to be carrying a couple of heart carvers on weapon switch. With other +skills gear, he can use these to cast GW at skill level 12. I'll take a short break in the Pit, to lift some GWs out of corpses and count boss packs. It might help relieve some LK monotony... :)
Not to poke too hard, but did you find anything out regarding Grim Ward?

Also, does anyone else have a high enough level Assassin they can grab to test the WSK? I just don't want to assume.

@TestyFish , I just did a few pit visits, with and without grim wards, and found no difference boss pack counts and locations.

That's fair, thanks for checking it out. If you get the chance to investigate more, I'd love to hear more.

Given that Druid summons don't hit the counter (checked it myself) and anecdotal experience with summon necros in the Pit suggests the same, I would expect grim ward hydra to not affect the counter.

bad_news.jpg

Fruit is afraid you'll all want to shoot the messenger so I have been delegated to share this info :rolleyes:

First the good news:
Amazon, Sorceress, Necromancer, Barbarian (Grim Ward!) and Druid summons do not increment the boss pack counter. Neither do Charged Bolt Sentry and Lightning Sentry.

Now for the bad news:
Shadow Warrior, Shadow Master, Wake of Inferno, Wake of Fire and Death Sentry all increment the boss pack counter by one if they are cast.

For all the traps it does not matter whether the Assassin or a Shadow summoned it.

@Fruit really dealt that poor Assassin a crushing blow, he is to blame for all of this :cry:

I don’t think that is too bad. I always used LIghtning Sentry and Fire Blast only, but it is a long time since I ran the Pit with a trapper.

Shadows don’t matter or the fire traps, the only possible issue is DS.

@art_vandelay wow thats super interesting. I would consider that good news for sure. We can run assassin in pits again, albeit with LS + FB rather than DS + FB, which seems worse and less fun. But still ofc doable. Thanks @Fruit you da man.

For whatever it's worth:

I've been running a fire trapper recently, and she's had a bit of fun visiting the bottom of the Maggot Lair in act 2. I got lucky with maps that let me get there rather quickly from the Far Oasis waypoint. I almost never see anything fire immune in those narrow mazes, and wakes of inferno are pretty effective against bugs lined up in single-file queues. It's a level 85 area, and she always gets Coldworm and three other unique or champion bosspacks down there. (Other characters haven't seen more than about 3 bosspacks in Maggot 3, so I don't think the bosspack counter matters so much for that area.) Not nearly as efficient as tunnels or pits, but at least it is something different that I can MF with fire and death sentries.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High