Tournament Idea

Excalibur

Guide Author
Jul 3, 2012
www.youtube.com
Hey guys,

Considering the fact that Tournaments are quite interesting and motivating I though of a new format which may be quite interesting as well.
The format has to do with collecting specific items that the host of the tournament announces every time.

For example, the host of the Tournament names an item here in the forums, let's say Enchuta's Temper.
All participants start farming until one of them finally gets that item. That player will be rewarded with the points of that item.

Then the host names another item and the process keeps going until someone reaches first a score that will be set.
Also, if someone finds an item that was named previously he will get half the points to help things rolling.

It may end up quite long if it takes too much time to locate the items but the suspense will be constantly high!
What do you think?

This sounds like a great idea, but seems to me the problem would be to make it fair. The thing about 10/20 hour sets is you do it when you can, but with this format everyone has to be ready at the same time which seems impossible. Although one could organize groups divided by time zone and each time zone would start their timer when it's more convenient to them and after a couple of days one collects all the timers and whoever found the item first wins that round. Sounds really convoluted, but it's the only solution I could come up with at the moment.

You have a valid point there.. but I think it should still be viable without many problems considering that someone who started last may still find the item first!
Finding a specific item could result in many many runs so everyone should have a chance to acquire it.

I was thinking that this tournament wouldn't even need a participation list.
When an item is named, anyone who is interested in the tournament could post it and the process keeps going.
It's a completely free of rules tournament where players could also alternate between their characters any time they want
if it would help them obtaining the item faster.

I wouldn't mind hosting it but I am pretty sure an old member would attract more attention.

Reactions: Kinkara
Not sure about the format due to what @Kinkara pointed... but farming a specific item is kinda nice idea.

Maybe should work more around giving time spans like classical tournament, with opt out tokens for some spans, or bid system for those spans...

Bidding on some other runner and get the points (or half) too if he succeeds in finding it... maybe even the runner himself gets a bonus #HeIsTheChampAfterall

Well I guess trying to search for possibilities to have people participate when they have time and still be involved when they can't gives a more complex system xD

Reactions: Kinkara
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High