Torch and anni values!

Excalibur

Guide Author
Jul 3, 2012
www.youtube.com
Hey guys,

I barely have ever played on Bnet and I have no clue how much these two are valued.
So I was really wondering, if they were available in SP what value would you give them in our SP trading?
What difference could a low one have with a nearly perfect?

I am really curious to know!

€: OK, since it seems like we´re allowed to talk about it there are two factors:

- usefullness (Very high, but not as high as say Enigma)
- difficulty to acquire! Depends on the model they would be implemented with! If one would have to sell a SOJ to spawn them price would be way higher than.... well u all know! :D

Last edited:
Those items belong to the Diablo 2 game and since we can't have them in SP
we have never talked about them. So, it may be something new to discuss.

With the new TV values in SP trading I was wondering if those could be the items with the highest value.
It's only meant for some healthy discussion and nothing more. :)

I've not contemplated their trade values before, and I've not been on b-net since way before they were released. It does seem from videos I've watched that there is considerable amount of work needed to get them in the first place ...i.e. building and gearing up a character strong enough to do so, so I would imagine them being quite high. Both of these charms would be less than an Enigma or an Infinity in my opinion, as both of those runewords are expensive and drastically change game play, and neither the Torch or Anni I see as being as beneficial to so many characters as the runewords.

Torch and Anni are just two items that I'd like to see in some future vanilla version of D2 that Blizzard adds to SP, but I am not holding my breath that will happen (in the non-existent future world according to Friiser). If I was truly interested in such ventures happen for me there are paths that I could take to plug my curiosity. :whistle:

• Haha
Reactions: Babyhell
While I consider them quite powerful items mostly due the fact that they are charms and do not occupy a gear slot,
I will agree that their value perhaps wouldn't be higher than of an expensive Runeword,
because it could take weeks or months to find a high rune while the keys drop quite often and it would be easier to acquire a torch whenever you wanted.

Perhaps not the one you wanted but still you could make multiple efforts.

Reactions: Miron
Hey guys,

I barely have ever played on Bnet and I have no clue how much these two are valued.
So I was really wondering, if they were available in SP what value would you give them in our SP trading?
What difference could a low one have with a nearly perfect?

I am really curious to know!

Very hard to answer because it depends on so many factors. In the end I think the price will be set by 2 types of players:
- Those who look for perfect items/grail
- Those who interested in pvp (every stat/resistance matter)

At this stage, were most of SP players have less time/motivation (no offense to anyone :) ), I can see a perfect torch/anny go for 1+ hr.
The lower ones I see traded for few pgems, it's not hard to get them afterall (almost any hell viable zealot/smiter can get it).

As for b.net, I haven't played in ages too and depends on the player base and stage of botting I can see even the lower ones go for 1+ hr.

Torch farming in SP would be even faster than Bnet with static maps, no game creation limits, and /players command. Even then, rolling any perfect torch would still be a 1 in 121 chance.
As for Anni, how would Uber Diablo be spawned? How many chickens do I need to bring to Blood Raven? Time to farm Anni is unknown here..

Uber Diablo...hypothetical situation in SP; if he could be spawned by selling a single SOJ, would you?

I cant even remember how many chickens I had to chase across the Moor to get my Anni. I think the trick only works with a certain one(s), but never was able to figure out which..

Because of how many attempts it took, I could never trade it!

I could never imagine that even the lowest one would be traded for just Pgems. :confused:

As I said, it's really not so hard to get torches. All you need is a simple tal meteorb sorc and a smiter (even 1pt) with LT wand. From here you can only improve efficiency.
Once torches wont be so rare any more how much you willing to pay for 13/11 torch if you already have 12/11?

Even if the Anni quest was 20 SoJs, I'd still do it, because I can farm those very efficiently in 1.00 ;)

I think I have about 40 lying around, but only because I thought I'd never run out. Farming 5-6 a day wouldn't be a problem for me, and I have a kid (which can be neutralized by the TV) and a wife (which can't. I think she's bugged somehow).

If we are talking hypothetical here then once they were implemented it would only be a matter of time before all of the serious mf runners and pvpers geared up a smitadin and went to town. The whole process of getting the keys and then killing the ubers while a cool process, isn't necessarily difficult. The only market I could imagine their worth being higher would be the HC scene due to the inherent risk of getting wiped out should life tap happen to somehow stop working and less player base. So yes, I would agree, anything below the half way point in stats say 15/15 or less would sell for cheap because the players that will be farming for 20/20 versions of each one will have multiples laying around. High end ones would vary in price where as 20/20s would obviously be expensive.

Uber Diablo...hypothetical situation in SP; if he could be spawned by selling a single SOJ, would you?

Yep, without a doubt, its a +1 skill, with stats, res, and exp. Compared to +1 skill with extra mana. Way more useful and only takes up an inventory space as opposed to a ring slot which you may need for something else like FCR or MF.

Reactions: Miron
Thinking about the hypothetical, provided you use GoMule or ATMA, a SP only really "needs" two SOJ available for character use and could sell all others. Not currently set up to time travel (1.14D is not yet supported), I would probably sell a SOJ (I have 4 total) for the chance.

Reactions: saracen85
Thinking about the hypothetical, provided you use GoMule or ATMA, a SP only really "needs" two SOJ available for character use and could sell all others. Not currently set up to time travel (1.14D is not yet supported), I would probably sell a SOJ (I have 4 total) for the chance.

Or you can be like me and want to have every character geared up and ready at all times except for high end runewords, so I have as little swapping to do as necessary. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Miron and Peytron
I think 10 is the correct answer. 2 of each design :ROFLMAO:
#100%completion #matchingringsgoals

• Haha
Reactions: Babyhell
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High