Tips for farming characters?

Ergro

Jun 20, 2021
So, since I RIP'd yesterday my HC project, I decided to just for the time being do more stuff on SC and since I enjoy variety I thought about making various chars for various places to farm, so I can just switch them on the go.

I kinda thought about having two of each character, different builds and different build for each.

So far I came up with:

Blizz sorc for Meph, 200 FCR Nova for Countess
FOHdin for Chaos, Hammerdin for Baal
Javazon for Cows, Icemaiden for AT
Whirlwind for Trav, Zerker for Pit
Fire druid for Stony tomb
Speed assassin for LK

So basically I have no good ideas for second druid build, second assassin and no ideas at all for necromancers. One of those should be some build good for Pindle though.

Also for a long time, all of them will be kind of budget geared (think of more stuff like dual spirit, teleport charges staff etc. instead of enigmas, hotos, griefs etc.) just to clarify.

Any ideas for the leftovers? :)

Blizz Sorceress can farm plenty areas with budget gear. She is your best bet. Characters other than Sorceress without Enigma will be dangerously less effective. My advice would be to farm with Blizz Sorc until you get enough items to gear the rest of your characters, with enigma and infinity being your top priority items.

Blizz Sorceress can farm plenty areas with budget gear. She is your best bet. Characters other than Sorceress without Enigma will be dangerously less effective. My advice would be to farm with Blizz Sorc until you get enough items to gear the rest of your characters, with enigma and infinity being your top priority items.
I understand why you say this and have to agree with everything you say, I too need to have more variation in the game then only playing a blizz sorc just to keep it up.

@Ergro 14 different builds kinda feels a bit over the top. Especially if you want them all to MF. That’ll ask a lot of your gear or you need to keep passing the Shako to the other characters.

So instead of making 14 different builds (at the same time?) why not start running LK with the sorc so Infinity and Enigma will become works in progress. Gear one character for a MF frenzy and put levels on some others?

For me a 4 day rotation works really well:
Day 1: adventuring with barb (level 44)
Day 2: Hell Baal runs with furyzon (88)
Day 3: LK runs with blizzballer (82)
Day 4: NM Andy for quest goal with fanazealer (90)
Day 5 = day 1 again

Two builds per class is quite the undertaking, but in time you will get there. I'm currently working on my 12th and 13th Pat/Mat since I started anew in D2:R last fall. Not all are geared up for farming though. Collecting all that gear is a constant work in progress!

I would suggest a Wind Druid as one more option to consider. Either Stoney Tomb or Ancient Tunnels are easy farming targets for this build, even with modest gear. Having Cyclone Armor makes it fairly safe too. Get yourself a map where the entrance to Stoney Tomb is near the town gate, or where the entrance to Ancient Tunnels is near the Lost City's waypoint, and you're golden. Enigma is not absolutely necessary. You can also run an A1 merc with a 'Harmony' bow and that Vigor aura will have you moving nice and quick.

A Poison Necro can be a fantastic farming character too, though I think you need to build up some higher end gear to make that build work the best.

I like variety, and I like building characters. My current frequent farmers are these, in order of their estimated loot-finding success rates:
  • a Blizzard sorceress for Ancient Tunnels, Pindle, Mephisto, and sometimes other places
  • a Lightning/Orb sorceress for Countess, and for Throne of Destruction and Baal
  • another sorceress, Hydra/Orb, with a very lucky Lower Kurast map
  • a Lightning Fury amazon for herding cows, and for Arcane Sanctuary runs
  • a Wake-of-Inferno (fire traps) assassin for Maggot Lair runs
  • a Berserk barbarian for Travincal runs
  • a Poison necromancer that's pretty okay at Pit runs
  • a Fist-of-Heavens/Holy Bolt templar paladin that's pretty good at "moz runs" (Mausoleum)
  • a Fire druid for NM cows, still looking for that elusive green war hat
I don't yet have something that I can use to reliably and efficiently farm River of Flame and Chaos Sanctuary, although the Frenzy barbarian I just completed is pretty good there. I have read about players using their Blessed Hammer paladins to profitably farm act 4, but I haven't built one yet in my current projects. I was also recently advised to build a Burst-of-Speed assassin to "farm" the town vendors, so I might try building one soon.

I play legacy version 1.14, so I don't have much incentive to farm for keys/organs/torches.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High