The Weather Outside Is Frightful! Die Hard Christmas Mafia Game - Day 4 (Game over - Scum Win)

What was up with the Neighbor Game? Read a little of it. Seems kind of wild.
I keep trying to use Mafia game syle setups to create a different type of game.. sometimes it doesn't go as planned. XD

I vaguely remember trying to count the days down it would last when I hosted and was sad it was cut short. I don’t think I went for balance, but that would make for a fun game

What was up with the Neighbor Game? Read a little of it. Seems kind of wild.
Use a count down timer on timeanddate.com

That's what I do.

My start and end times for day/night cycles are always after work, so that I have time to get home, eat and then tend to the game.

So let's say for example game starts right now. I would use the "countdown to any date" timer template on time and date and set the count exactly 2 days (48 hours) out down to the minute and second. Hit a button and link it here like I did this game. Same for 24 hour night periods. Also set the timer to stop at zero.

@D2DC I have no experience with that one.

Reactions: coju
I keep trying to use Mafia game syle setups to create a different type of game.. sometimes it doesn't go as planned. XD
The neighbor talk mechanic looked interesting! What happened in this game?

Use a count down timer on timeanddate.com

That's what I do.

My start and end times for day/night cycles are always after work, so that I have time to get home, eat and then tend to the game.

So let's say for example game starts right now. I would use the "countdown to any date" timer template on time and date and set the count exactly 2 days (48 hours) out down to the minute and second. Hit a button and link it here like I did this game. Same for 24 hour night periods. Also set the timer to stop at zero.

@D2DC I have no experience with that one.
Yeah I liked you using it. Made it easy for the player.

Thanks for hosting Gorny! Was super fun, though I was sad to be killed off so quick. I felt I had a bit more to contribute with, but maybe that was also why I had to go.

@coju you didn't play super scum, else everyone else would have caught on, but you just caught the attention of a selected few, that then ended up dead..

@pyro I had no real read on you, before the failed lynch of d2dc. Looking at the voting pattern for that day, and some of the comments I was sure you were scum!

@HuckIt hard to get a read on, since you played pretty passively. By order of elimination I felt one mafia would be a lurker, and when that narrowed the list, I felt you were the most scummy.

But kudos! Perfect win for the scum team!

And thanks to my pals in the death thread. Almost as entertaining as following the actual game, was analysing in the death thread!

Reactions: Babyhell
Thanks for hosting @Gorny!

Awesome game @Pyrotechnician and @coju ! I 100% at one point was thinking I had said stuff in day xhat that was actually from night.., whoops. Hopefully next time I won’t be so busy at work, then travel to sit in front of a desktop rather than trying to mobile scroll…buy it all worked!!

Thanks for causing so much confusion @Babyhell and @D2DC , trying to ride the wave of crazy was entertaining, and pushing on the lynch without coming off as lynch happy scum…

@Zhao_Yue @Skjolde , you’ll see the chat, but yeah, i would’ve thought to kill Noodle or D2DC first but your participation and analysis was sharp, and you were too dangerous to live :p I hope to play with both of you again soon!

@thefranklin, I thought you were going to get one of us, felt like were more able to ignore D2DC nonsense, glad the town didn’t pick up on those threads!

@Leopold Stotch @d2lover @Noodle, thanks, really enjoyed the game and glad Noodle found me at home knitting and Leo thought me mostly harmless :-D

Reactions: Babyhell
@Gorny, or anybody more experienced with hosting. Maybe you can clarify/advise about this one:

I want to give the Narcos game another go, but just stick to the basic setup before trying out any additional PRs/informants.

So, the basic setup would be two cartels, 2-3 guards each, plus one leader (heir) for each cartel. The anarchist would be DEA, who needs to catch (kill) both leaders.

Reading this setup, I'm not sure how it works though. Both heirs get 1 kill, and the anarchist gets a kill for each live heir. It also says anarchist can use kill at time of death.

So, one heir gets eliminated, all their guards suicide. Then, say heir 2 knows the anarchist is. He's supposed to post in game thread: kill X. Then anarchist can still use his kill? Doesn't make sense..

Even if heir 2 submitted kill X via PM, there's only gonna be 2-4 other players left alive. Still very good chance for anarchist to win..

Thoughts?

@D2DC, I read the setup, it sounds pretty interesting (dibs on anarchist). According to the setup if one of the heirs die, the other heir may PM their kill to the mod. Therefore it wouldn't be in the game thread and gives the heir a higher chance of living. The setup also notes that in a 7 player game the anarchist typically lives/wins, this makes sense in terms of a pure numbers perspective, if its 1 heir left and 2 guards, you have a 1 in three shot of just picking randomly and winning as the anarchist. If one of the guards dies before then its a 1 in 2 shot of winning, so 50/50 as long as the anarchist makes it to the point where one of the heirs bites the dust.

I still don't understand why D2DC didn't simply explain to us that he was vanilla town. Could have really changed the game.
@Noodle what's up with the bold and CAPS, and locking in on me so hard?

Reactions: HuckIt
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High