The Untwinked Level 99 Progress Thread, The Saviours of Sanctuary Rise Anew

@Pax1990 p1/p7 runs are pretty much a waste of time if you arent 98. p8 seals will make you decent progress for sure, they just usually aren't as fast a baal runs. Not sure HOW much worse they are than baal runs, so if you do some, let us know how your exp/hr compares to baal runs if you're up for that. Always nice to get more data! Also p8 pits with ww works fine too. I did my barb to 95 doing about half baal and half p8 pits.

@Pax1990 p1/p7 runs are pretty much a waste of time if you arent 98. p8 seals will make you decent progress for sure, they just usually aren't as fast a baal runs. Not sure HOW much worse they are than baal runs, so if you do some, let us know how your exp/hr compares to baal runs if you're up for that. Always nice to get more data! Also p8 pits with ww works fine too. I did my barb to 95 doing about half baal and half p8 pits.
yea i will test some 2 seal runs tonight.
when doing pits runs, do you tele from boss pack to boss pack or do you go for every bigger pack?

@Pax1990 in general, the higher level you are the more you would prioritize boss packs. As the level difference between you and the mobs increases so does the experience penalty and bosses naturally have higher monster level. Gotta take into account that WW barb doesn’t clear the screen in a few casts also.

@Pax1990 the difference in monster level and character level makes it so that regular monsters (mlvl 85) give you very little exp compared to bosses/minions (mlvl 88). For exp, its all about those bosses and minions. So hopping from boss pack to boss pack is the way to go.

As an example, the 2 seal CS runs and baal waves are so good because you get to kill loads of guaranteed minions at a fast rate each run. At higher levels its usually even worth skipping champions since they are 1 mlvl lower than minions, but I usually just kill them anyways if doing a nice chill partly-mf run like pits.

Btw when I did those pits runs I just put on shako and war travs for some decent mf. Worked fine. I didnt worry about optimizing or anything just wanted some mf and to be able to regear/jump around easy. Think I found a couple of grailers doing that back them.

Reactions: Pax1990
Okey. Thanks alot for that detailed answer @Luhkoh .
I will test some pit and dia runs hopefully this evening. Drops are not very interessting for me since i only need highlords to complete my gear. And I grail on my modded account. But I lost all interesst in it. I think I stick to UT 99ing since twinked item hunting and twinked leveling without that mod also lost all appeal since i started the UT 99 challenge.

edit: Ok seal runs on p8 are not even doable. Somehow the mobs wont die and my merc dies super fast. I guess i will just stick to baal runs and work on optimizing my runs

Last edited:
Reactions: Luhkoh and Bewitch
I've come to the realization for the 'n'th time that I'm getting burned out on D2 every time I pick up my active characters for this challenge. But recently, inspiration strikes. I think the thing that burns me out most is having to decide what gear to keep and what to stow on the characters I'm playing without extended stash. I just skimmed a few of my untwinked characters (only two listed on the tables, both have been played into the 90s without E/S), and their inventories are completely stacked with gems, runes, and swap gear, leaving no room for new items. The flexibility of extended stash in this challenge cannot be understated. When I started playing Auyra and Gnosis, I never thought E/S would have been such a large limitation. I have extended stashes for these characters for posterity and to gaze upon the gear they've found over time--2 DFs (one of which is +30% csd), a Griff, 2 Reaper's, a Cranium Basher, a ravenlore (-20% efr) and a Shadow Dancer are among the over 120 elite uniques I've found on my untwinked throwbarb alone...

Some part of me is telling me that I'll enjoy the challenge more if I toggle that E/S column to no for these characters, but having made it so far without using an extended stash (and I realize it's under halfway at a mere 93 and 91 on these guys), but I'm still reluctant. But since I've been on a D2 kick for the past week , I booted up another untwinked character--a teslot that was in A3 norm and blasted him all the way to Hell in a day and a half when I wasn't at work. Was playing on /p8 until halfway through A3, I remember. But I decided that I wouldn't miss much by rushing the rest of the way on /p1. So I did. Stopped at the ancients and ran /p8 pondle on normal until level 50. It took so little time. Pushed all the way to act 1 hell at a spry 62, using essentially all the same gear I had in act 3 normal. l'm backpedaling now that I've taken the skill point from hell den. Going to farm up some gear hopefully soon. Would like to get a treachery and crescent moon and elite insight on the merc and see what's what in hell. I pretty much swore off of paladins a long time ago, but I'm having fun with something I never had the resources to attempt back in the days of bnet. I'm wondering if it's crazy to consider going dual dream teslot, but I'm feeling a level of invigoration with the freedom, of E/S. Again, no updates to the table for now because I would like to avoid adding bloat, but know I am playing a teslot (now 64), a cb/fw sorc (80), a windy drood (91), and a throwbarb (93)

Thanks for the participation everyone, and I hope you enjoy the update.

If I can figure out how the posting works in this thread can I add my clvl 60 UT HC Frenzy barb that only uses self found magic (blue) gear and my clvl 22 UT HC Throw barb?

Forum needs more throwbarbs. I like it. Do it.

@Zenigma wtf, 2df's, griffs, and ravenlore from a throwbarb? That's nuts! Good stuff on paladin! Looking forward to seeing more.

I've spent a sickening amount of time on this character just looking for warshrike (admittedly with only ~200 mf was more before, but I opted for more damage for quicker runs--I finally found them and can put that part behind me). I was running the temple areas at the entrance of trav for a while to see what the boss density was like because it's such a small area for an alvl85. At the time, didn't work with my gear, but I would like to attempt some alvl85s again with this guy because I finally have a good amount of pierce XD. The upfront damage definitely suffers, because we're talking about ~100 avg weapon damage vs upwards of 250 avg on my best rare, but the piercing causes a lot of extra damage to go through which is nice for boss pack exp.

and @Kinkara , they surely are ;)

Reactions: Luhkoh and NoBozos
Would 2 seal runs make any sense for a ww barb to get come change between baal runs? or is it a complete waste of time? or even p1/p7 runs?
What level are you? I have run Lister to 95 with a WW Barb, I think Grip went higher.

What level are you? I have run Lister to 95 with a WW Barb, I think Grip went higher.
Iam not sure what you mean.
Iam lvl 92 atm doing baal runs.
But i tried to do somr 2 seal CS runs and it didnt work out at all.

@Pax1990 he means you s/e after you kill wave 5 and don't take the time to kill baal (called lister runs). This is thought to be faster for sure before lvl 95, and possibly for a while after. But at lvl 97 I think including baal will surely come out on top. The recent barb 99ers in this thread did not do this though. I think they just wanted to include baal for potential mf finds.

I definitely recommend including those p8 pit runs if you feel the need for variety. They are easier than baal runs and probably will give like 75% the exp rate. Ofc if you aren't sick of baal/lister) just keep right on blasting them.

Reactions: D30D043
Ah okey. Well baal itself takes me like 30 secs to kill. Pretty sure thats not optimal regarding efficiancy. I will try some lister runs nice I am not after those item drops and my mf is really low.
I will definitly do some pit runs on p8. And with the upcoming Farming event there is even more motivation to do them.

Reactions: Luhkoh
I'm almost 2800 LK runs in. I have 4 Sur runes and 0 Ber. Maybe on the next run I get to stop. I also have enough for a CTA and I think also a Delirium (might have to cube up from Fal to get that last Ist).

Turns out it was over 1400 more "next runs"

Run counter says 4229 and Sur #6 just dropped. Good thing is that I also have all the runes for everything else I want and don't have to continue debating whether I should cube up the stuff below Sur any more.

I'll write up a summary later.

Turns out it was over 1400 more "next runs"

Run counter says 4229 and Sur #6 just dropped. Good thing is that I also have all the runes for everything else I want and don't have to continue debating whether I should cube up the stuff below Sur any more.

I'll write up a summary later.
Damn just over 4k runs for enigma is pretty nice I would say. Nice progress

Accodring to this graph i made some time ago, 4k runs for eni is pretty good.

ls7coKS.png

Don't know if people are interested in graphs here, but i made a few similar to this one. They show how the chances of finding the runes needed for specific runeword combos you would need for particular UT classes look like for given number of runs.

This one in particular allows cubing from sur runes, which is what most people do when farming for enigma. It basically shows what are your chances of getting all of the rune combos counting from sur that are required to make eni.

Accodring to this graph i made some time ago, 4k runs for eni is pretty good.

ls7coKS.png

Don't know if people are interested in graphs here, but i made a few similar to this one. They show how the chances of finding the runes needed for specific runeword combos you would need for particular UT classes look like for given number of runs.

This one in particular allows cubing from sur runes, which is what most people do when farming for enigma. It basically shows what are your chances of getting all of the rune combos counting from sur that are required to make eni.
Haha thats very interessting and scary at the same time. 6k runs and only 70% chance... I would be down for more info like this

@Pax1990 As i said before, i have similar graphs for different classes. Maybe i can post them somewhere, so people can always check how much farming they should be prepared for and how lucky they were when they get what they need. Would have to check them once again before i do it though. It's been a while since i made them and there is quite a lot of Excel involved xD

Would be nice if someone made a calculator for something like this. I am not a programmer, but it would be kinda cool imo.

@ResTTe yea mabey make a thread and get it stickied. sry I am not a programmer and can help with this kind of stuff.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High