The Shapeshifting MP Group

I also noticed it a couple times during the gameplay, but I was really confused why Furry (Amazon) was shifting to Druid. Thanks for explaining the glitch!

Epic vids... tanking /p8 dolls and wisps like nothing, lol

Surprising drops weren't a little better, considering that's what would be a /p11 game by usual SPF standards, but I suppose that really means nothing for a single run.

Ouk douk, its time for a writeup. This time it will be shorter, I did not get to play him much besides the MP action.

lcsbaal-min.jpg

Build:
The original plan was to use ribracker and the Dao of massive crushing blow, but then during the planning phase @maxicek mentioned griswolds caddy and what ridiculous attack speeds wereforms can get with it and I was sold. I still managed to get a respectable 40% crushing blow out of my gear, so that was an acceptable compromise. I just wanted to go really fast and swing really fast and not worry about a thing. Compared to my previous entry, Whor the not-so-oprimized sorc that nevertheless looks badass, this time I went for big LCS numbers and appearence of strength, none of which matters in-game really, but at least I can brag a lot. See the theme here?

lvl85 build, but it was almost completed at lvl79 when he first equipped wolfhowl:

mace mastery - 20
iron skin - 20
shout - 20
BO - 20
BC, leap, prereqs - 1
natural resist - 6
increased speed (rest goes here) - 6

Gear:
weapon1: Griswold's Redemtion (ShaelShaelShaelShael) - 232%ED, 120% total IAS (3fpa Feral rage)
weapon2: 6os Military Pick (FalFalFalJoolJoolJool) - +30 Str, +37 resist all, +8 life, +8 maxdamage
head: Wolfhowl (PAmmy)
body: Duress Superior Sacred Armor
hands: Steelrend
waist: Up'd Thundergods's
feet: Up'd Gore Rider
neck: Atma's Scarab
finger: rare - 48 AR, 6ML, 4LL, 46 Mana, +4 resist all
finger: Raven - 240/19
switch: beta CtA + spirit

charms: life, AR, some resist but not much

A1 Fire rogue: Harmony Diamond Bow, eth Wampgaze(15ias/13allres), eth Treachery Wire Fleece

lcsbaalmerc-min.jpg

Gameplay:
1, Prebuff with Demon Limb, BC, BO, Shout
2, Transform into wolf and put Feral Rage on rightclick
3, Rightclick and watch some movies
4, ...
5, Patriarch

So to be clear, with all resist maxed and stacked, lightning basically neutered, massive leech from feral rage, 6.5k life, 20k def .... well he did drink a potion here and there because he was thirsty from all the running. Thats about it. This was the sturdiest char I have played ever. Fana extrastrong fire enhchanted doll packs? Laughable. Convicted gloams? Yawn. Cursed extrafast might archers? Yeah I can amp you too and I am FASTER. Eat claws!

Now, on top of that, add a bear-jam (did you know? - you can get stuck in between werebears almost anywhere if they reach certain critical mass), or also known as big brown train of hurt and game is so overwhelmed with this sight it forgets to render textures. In fact, Hell Ball outright refused to send his minons to face us, he just sat there laughing awkwardly. I think he forgot to wear brown pants and didn't want his subjects to see the .. the ..eh, psychological toll it must have took for him to see Ancients defeated in like 8 seconds flat.

Random thoughts that I was unable to fit into full snarky sentence:
  • 3fpa attack is superfun to watch, and this is not expensive build like bearsin
  • faaaaaaaaaaaaast ... crystal meth wolf gudgudgud
  • I upped all the armor pieces just to get bigger LCS defense number, had to hit 232 str anyways
  • superior sacred armor runewords are EXTREMELY expensive to repair, but for this single character, I said why not
  • if you strength-bug wolfhowl, feral rage doesnt work properly while dualwielding. I dunno why.
Tl;Dr:
Gemmed Military Pick
Military Pick
One Hand Damage: 7 - 19
Durability: 26 of 26
Required Level: 41
Required Strength: 49
Required Dexterity: 33
Fingerprint: 0xfeb2bdbe
Item Level: 67
Version: Expansion 1.10+

+8 to Maximum Damage
+30 to Strength
+8 to Life
All Resistances +37

6 Sockets (6 used)
Socketed: Scintillating Jewel of Wrath
Socketed: Scintillating Jewel of Spirit
Socketed: Scintillating Jewel
Socketed: Fal Rune
7/10 - Cheap novel build, not exactly /p8 material, but extremely safe. Best suited for HC. One wolf was enough, but that's just me, I dont like druids and anything related, and partly because the gameplay was a little bit one-dimensional.

Finds: Sol, Sol, Ral, Ral, Tal. For some reason, people went for those Kos and Lems and there was almost a barfight over some Amns, but no love for Insight runes. Im going to burn a few on IG for the next project, so Im not complaining :p

And last but not least, massive thanks for all participants and our host, this would be hardly half the experience without you!

Awesome write up @skiffcz and I especially enjoyed the commentary on what caused the issue with that first Baal attempt :)

Reactions: skiffcz
Interesting build @skiffcz , I wondered what some of his gear was.
I'm not sure I would have gone with the Military Pick, but I'm not sure what other options could be. Wizardspike maybe. Azurewrath but horrible level reqt?

If you want I can put his into it's own thread? I think it deserves it.

Reactions: skiffcz
The idea behind the military pick was initially 6xFal. I would then make duress in laquered plate and it would only require me to invest ~50str points and freeing up more statpoints for those juicy 4 boable life per vita. During testing it didnt work though - feral rage would not go brrrr unless wolfhowl had enough hardpoints invested without the str from the offhand weapon - or just without the offhand weapon entirely. I didnt have much time and didnt want to burn another token so I just run with it and made duress in sup sacred armor in the end and heled out those 6x Fal (yes:rolleyes:) and put some random scincillating jewels and only 3xFal. Those jewels also allowed me to drop Mara's in favour of Atma's, so I was not even mad. Other option I thought about was to use Runemaster and swap Ravenfrost for something else, but the thing is, raven was super useful for this build besides the CBF that it didn't made much sense.

In the end, the main reason was that I though to myself - what a silly thing, using "plain" military pick as endgame "weapon" on a melee build. Let's.

I generaly don't care much about mat/pat threads, its enough if it finds its way into the compendium for future reference. If you really feel like doing it, I'd prefer joining this and the previous mat, Whor, in single sept thread [in progress]. Septs might actually justify creating new thread for me :)

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High