The Sexiest Item I Own

smloeffelholz

Jun 15, 2018
I wanted to make a thread where people can showcase one single item from their collection of D2 finds, and declare it the sexiest item they own. Sexiest doesn't have to mean the best, or the most rare, or the most expensive. It is just the item which you think is the most aesthetically pleasing.

Here are the rules for the thread:
1. You only get to post one item.
In other words, you can't say, "I was thinking of posting this *GODLY ITEM*, and then I remembered this *STUPIDLY GODLY ITEM* before settling on posting this *ULTRA GODLY ITEM*
2. You have to explain why you consider it to be the most sexy.
As stated above, this does not have to be related to the item's worth or power. It can be a memory it triggers, the time in your life that you found it, or just the fact that you often look it up in your GoMule stash just to stare at it.
3. Try to avoid repeats.
If someone has posted an eBOTDz and yours is 4% better ED, that doesn't mean it should be your choice. I want to try to get a diverse list of items.

Have fun, and feel free to comment on any of the items posted. Although you can only post one item, you can participate in the thread as much as you want.

Reactions: J-Dog
I will start things off with this beauty.

Screenshot127.jpg

I absolutely love this shield. Although it is a very niche item, I can't get over how beautiful it is. I remember finding the base during a magic find tournament. When I posted it, no one seemed to think it was that impressive (220 def eth ST with 43@res). I was really nervous when I rolled the sockets, because only one result would be useful. Once it was ebugged and had 4os, some people on the old forum started to take notice. Then I finally decided to roll it into an Exile, and I was blown away by the stats. This is an absolutely godly roll in an awesome base. I have a character planned for it, but I am still waiting for a couple of runes to complete other items he needs. I really look forward to playing this pally though, and I think he will be a ton of fun.

Attachments

• Screenshot127.jpg
    Screenshot127.jpg
    463.7 KB · Views: 10
I don't have it anymore or any screenshots of it sadly, but my favorite item I ever found was a 200% ED ethereal Skullder's Ire way back when I was playing 1.09 on HC Bnet. I had actually been looking for one for months asking all my friends etc. Then one day Pindle dropped it. Socketed it with a Cham a friend found for my MF Barb, literally the only Cham I ever saw or knew of back then when it was absurdly rare.
The Barb that used it found a Windforce a few days before 1.10 & ladder mode got released that I never got to use, since I stopped playing for years after deeding my first 1.10 character.

Ah the memories!

Screenshot045.jpg

I remember finding my JMoD at LK at approximately run #7634 and I had a few facets lying around socketed 2 and went farming like crazy to find the other 2 5/5's. I am now and have been for about 2-3 years the proud owner of a 20/20 JMoD :) Ironically though I use it on my Javazon I am pretty confident that I ding'ed level 99 before I had it. I'm in the process of taking another (HC) Javazon to 99 and maybe, just maybe, I'll get lucky and find another JMoD on my way to 99. At least it's a fun dueling item now.Only thing that could improve this is if I had all facets be the same color and ctc die. Might make another SC Javazon just to level with this beauty.

I haven't found anything 'sexy' in the last three weeks so it's into the HSF SPF Season 1 Archive where I've got items from six patches.

And here it is:

Screenshot015.jpg

Ginther's Rift
Dimensional Blade
'Shael'
One-Hand Damage: 47 to 128
Durability: 51 of 51
Required Dexterity: 50
Required Strength: 75
Required Level: 37
Sword Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 58
Fingerprint: 0xed6f8b3e
+148% Enhanced Damage
Magic Damage Reduced by 9
Adds 50-120 magic damage
+40 Maximum Durability
50% Increased Attack Speed
Repairs 1 durability in 5 seconds
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (1: 1 used)

Yep, not some weird stuff from 1.07 or 1.08, or the beta runewords or uniques, or some super rare 1.10+ TC87 ... this simple thing. I find it beautiful.

It's fast (made faster). It does nice physical and magical damage for late normal into nightmare. It can (and has) been used on many of my leveling characters/classes. It's a pretty nice roll. But mostly, it's got a really coherent (and cool) theme. A blade magical in appearance and damage. It's ethereal as though it's not of this realm ... perhaps it came from through a rift in space and or time ... from dimensions beyond ... perhaps brought here by the archmage Ginther himself!

Back in 2013, when I still played on bnet, I got a really lucky roll when making grief. I no longer have any of my bnet characters, and I couldn't find a screenshot of it, the only thing that's left is my post from back then:

1597159807245.png

I think the reason is obvious why I consider this to be my sexiest item ever ;) .

Beat my bnet grief with 1 on that last stat. Also long gone years ago.

Reactions: Tenecabo
Screenshot019.jpg

When I found this Circlet I was really disappointed because of +1 P&M skills. After making a bowazon and comparing different rare hats I realized the beauty of Beast Cowl. It's a well balanced helm for a bowazon offering very good defensive stats and the mandatory 30% fr/w. It's socketed with a rather unexciting 15 ias / 6 ligh res jewel but that 6 extra light res does help the bowazon cap her light res at 80. The level 35 lvl req is a cherry on top and meant I could enjoy this helm all the way from Normal to end game.

I was thinking about what to post here cause many more unique and cool items came to mind... eth Death Cleaver, several high rolls on rare S&Us etc, godly circlets or craft amulets, or other perfect rolls on high level runewords such as Last Wish or so... But in the end I'm going to have to go with this BotD.

Screenshot 2020-08-03 at 16.47.40.png

As to why:
  • Perfect roll in a 11% ED superior eth GPA (current patch)
  • Reminds me of a time way back when runewords were introduced, this being the item everybody wanted but that was sure to remain a dream
  • Its ingredients were found exclusively by my untwinked 99ers.
Obviously not an item for the most freuqently played and optimized characters, but it did see use recently on this Bear Necro and on a handful of other chars in the past.

I think i have to post this ring here:

ZBsREuH.jpg

Got it from LK when i was farming Enigma on my UT99 barb. It only has 5 affixes iirc, but just look at it XD

I have been thinking about this a lot as well. And since I haven't rolled my perfect 'Spirit' shield, I had to come up with another contender. I have some nice LL twinking gear in 1.14, as well as some crazy 1.07 gear. I particularly like my 1.07 Sorc's crafted Caster shield, but there isn't anything too spectacular about it. I also wanted to pick something that was pretty widely used, so I thought about posting my 1.07 Khalim's Safety craft. Literally every character I play uses that thing. However, there isn't anything especially unique about the roll. It's just a Khalim's Flail + Fal rune.. Then I remembered this project of mine: a mid-lvl A2 merc setup for an 'Insight' in an elite base.

• CV is the lowest lvl req that has 4os, but comes with a hefty 200 STR requirement (ethereal)
  • I've already got one that I have rolled that many times: +6 Crit, +321% ED (w/+50% ethereal), lvl 16 Meditation. It does 114 - 1039 dmg at lvl 48.. :rolleyes:
  • Now, how to equip it? For now, I am going with GFace (+15 STR), and Gris armor (+20 STR). But, the armor may be eventually replaced with a 1.07 4os magical, or 3os craft.
  • A2 merc at lvl 48 should have 125 STR, leaving an additional +35 needed from the 4os in GFace/Gris (+5 STR from 'Insight' itself)
@WoRG helped me out rolling some 1.08 mythical jewels, and got me enough +8-9 STR options for this project, with this one being the standout:
Code:
Skull Talisman
Jewel
Required Level: 42
Fingerprint: 0x3d8c2c55
Item Level: 75
Version: Expansion
30% Enhanced Damage
+9 to Maximum Damage
+45 to Attack Rating
+9 to Strength
+20 Maximum Stamina
So naturally, that's the one that went into GFace.
Screenshot870.jpg

@D2DC why not just 3 p ammy the gris armor? 😅
I can't believe it took me until ~2 months ago to realize that I can equip an insight CV on the merc at around level 55+ :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: D2DC
@D2DC Ouch... The +max damage on that jewel bugs the %ED when socketed in non-weapons =(

• Sad
Reactions: D2DC
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High