The PvP Thread

@entwilighter Nice vid. It takes a lot of passion to play with such lag, you have my respect. I don't mind if you hosted from time to time, so you can enjoy the smooth game as well. That applies to @Pyrohemia too.
Thanks! Yes it was quite laggy, especially on Sunday (my Monday). But it is to be expected. Internet infrastructure here is pretty low standard, not to mention the geographical distance. But yea I could try hosting one time, but I think it’s better for just me to be laggy than for everybody else to be laggy.

Passion, yes. Skill, not so much yet! :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for the games @Delsy and @entwilighter!

Same time today?

Uploaded some gameplay with ESFB Sorc who is kinda silly and OP, despite low life on mine. Also some Barb round examples of how it can be when things go right... problem is more often than not they don't, and he just dies. :p But towards the end of our session I found when really slowing down the key stroke sequence for teleporting, it does work alright with our connection. Just makes it harder to connect hits and also leaves Barb open for more hits, but it seems playable after all.

Last edited:
Reactions: entwilighter
@ffs WP. My plain Harpoon didn't get the job done. An eth self-rep one with at least some ed would be much desired vs Sorc and Pally as well.

I thought out a different strategy vs Sorc. I'd like to give it one more shot and then switch to Nec. He should do much better.

I'll make a game same time.

How are you looking this weekend? I can play at Saturday. Sunday is 50/50.

I should be able to play from Friday to Sunday this weekend. How is it looking for you @ffs or others?

@ffs I gave a shot to lvl 30 Tele Barb vs Amazon today and it didn't disappoint. The nature of namelock Teleport to break desynch is indespendable in a duel where desynch kills you. Also a well placed positional Teleport is very handy too. I was a sceptic at first, but your good results with Tele Barb and my realising the limits of a Running Barb changed my mind.

Any advances on your hosting? I'd like to know at this point how much advantage the latency discrepancy gives me. Anyway, GG's and WP.

Reactions: entwilighter
GGs yesterday. For some reason I still mostly died from misjudging WW desynch :D but yeah, I also think teleport is way to go for Barb and 100% more fun, to me at least.

Honestly I barely played D2 the last couple of weeks, work in December is always crazy for me. No time to try more things regarding hosting... Perhaps during the holidays I can give it another shot. It makes a big difference for sure, but on the other hand I don't want to build characters that are only playable when I host. :) For Barb specifically I might try WWing on LMB, it comes with other problems as mentioned yesterday, but maybe it will be more reliable with suboptimal connection despite the downsides.

Re games tonight it looks like it will be too tight on my end, but I'll let you know later today.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High