The "oh my..." D2R experience sofar

really crazy how good runes are dropping for you Sopper. congratulations. My highest rune find is a Vex and I did many runs solo in multi player games

inviting everyone to cry with me over my cow drop!

Attachments

• Snapchat-1175479652.jpg
    Snapchat-1175479652.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 5
inviting everyone to cry with me over my cow drop!
Well, cows can’t drop the unique version
And rare can be worth way more then the unique, only the odds are small

Well, cows can’t drop the unique version
And rare can be worth way more then the unique, only the odds are small
triple durability on it means it 100% was an arachs and just wasn't because cows are too low :/

triple durability on it means it 100% was an arachs and just wasn't because cows are too low :/
Exactly

Today was the Diablo 2 version of winning the lottery for me.
I was doing key finding runs... Countess, Summoner, Nihlathak (with Travincal Council and Pindle in between).
2nd run of the morning and a BER dropped from a ghost pack in the Arcane Sanctuary!
Immediately picked up and TP'ed to put in stash.
Returned ... killed Summoner ... no key.
WP to Travincal.
After killing council - on the ground was a BER !!!
2 in less than 3 minutes
*faint*

Greetings fellow addicts!

I was just pondering the impending ladder reset, and the state of wealth or accumulation of wealth in the current D2 iteration. I've done this a handful of times following ladder resets, or quitting for months or years at a time, but this time the market seems 'different'. By "this", I mean starting from zero and building up enough wealth to equip characters however I'd like. I've played since 1.09 and mostly in version 1.10, was a regular over at diablii.net, and came back with all the D2 resurrected hype. They did an amazing job, I still love this game.

What is different? The amount of wealth required between say Vex/Ohm and Ber seems tremendous! My favorite build requires infinity (of course right?) and a Griffons eye.. and I don't see any way to acquire that wealth for multiple Ber runes any time soon. Back in 2010 a couple Ist would get you a HR.. now its what 20? Is this due to effective controls on duping and botting?

I'm setup pretty decent right now, but I bet everything I have combined wouldn't NET 1-2 Ber runes. I have a key runner and can grind D Keys like nobody's business, and a torch runner to convert torches. But torches, even a really good but not godly roll, doesn't equal a HR? What am I missing? I have been more unlucky than usual on finding life skillers, and a Baal GC with hundreds of pgems and nothing better than a warcries /str roll. When the ubers where introduced I loved it, because put the time in to produce torches and you could buy most anything. I also used to be savvy with IRC and dclone hunting, but that seems to have changed... I have no idea how to get the scoop on dclone walking now.

Somebody tell me what I'm missing on building wealth for high runes? I don't think its torches. I don't think it is MF or running cows. Have I just not had Ber's drop yet? I'm hoping when ladder resets the market/meta is back to what I expect. at least early on torches should demand value.

Let me know what you think as I'm curious to hear!

-Killian

The Economy is way different then “back in the days”, I agree. Main reason is indeed “botting ”.
Ber was 8 Ist back then...

The ladder will reset Economy once again; that’s the fun part.

To gather wealth fast, is to play a lot early on. Selling Unid torches vs 6x3, 5x3, 4x3 is probably the easiest way to get rich fast, but also the most boring (imo).

I usually just start a fire/cold sorc and run Andy Hell ASAP, and only her for the first week.
Short fast run and she drops the main early wealth makers: Shako, WT, Skulders, Soj, Ravenfrost, Tal Rasha parts (amu, belt, orb) and many gheeds fortune.

In the same week, I level a barb.
My first wealth I try to buy a Lo rune and make Grief:
I switch to full time Travincal horking
There I will find HR’s, enough gold to gamble dual leech rings, rbf, craft materials, etc.

I will stay with barb @ travincal, untill I can afford infinity to run Javazon or respec my sorc to light.

The Economy is way different then “back in the days”, I agree. Main reason is indeed “botting ”.

To gather wealth fast, is to play a lot early on. Selling Unid torches vs 6x3, 5x3, 4x3 is probably the easiest way to get rich fast, but also the most boring (imo).

I usually just start a fire/cold sorc and run Andy Hell ASAP, and only her for the first week.
Short fast run and she drops the main early wealth makers: Shako, WT, Skulders, Soj, Ravenfrost, Tal Rasha parts (amu, belt, orb) and many gheeds fortune.

There I will find HR’s, enough gold to gamble dual leech rings, rbf, craft materials, etc.

I will stay with barb @ travincal, untill I can afford infinity to run Javazon or respec my sorc to light.
Thanks for the detailed response! I guess I should add Travincal to my approach.. I don't recall that being farmed so much as it is now, I'm assuming the version that increased HR drop rates made that more viable. I'll be more motivated after ladder reset.. at this point I can do anything in game, and improving efficiency doesn't seem as urgent with a reset coming. I'll probably start running Travincal to try it out anyway though!

I am VERY happy, I like the changes in mechanics, the increased drop rate (I'm sure of that) - and the graphics look like I remember them from my childhood :)
But I'm also VERY bored, I need new acts
D2R is one of the few Blizzard games from recent years that I have no objections to. It is a pity that it is short, but in the end a storyline from 20 years ago

Soj in cows....30m later Jah in cows...then rolled a 6/6/1 cta....what a night
WoW Jimmy, that‘s some serious luck... so right before fresh economy and ladder :ROFLMAO:

Inspired by your response I converted my Frenzy Uber barb to a WW travincal barb! My best weapon choice is a 2hander eth balrog Oath (that had a disappointing 213% roll). My first 15 runs tinkering with gear setup for WW a Mal dropped and I horked a Pul. Seems like an omen to switch to 2 1hander Oaths.. I only have an eth highland blade available though.. and I'd rather work on a Grief next.. I think I'll run cows and see where luck takes me!

Inspired by your response I converted my Frenzy Uber barb to a WW travincal barb! My best weapon choice is a 2hander eth balrog Oath (that had a disappointing 213% roll). My first 15 runs tinkering with gear setup for WW a Mal dropped and I horked a Pul. Seems like an omen to switch to 2 1hander Oaths.. I only have an eth highland blade available though.. and I'd rather work on a Grief next.. I think I'll run cows and see where luck takes me!
Ha, I see you already like Travincal!
Don’t forget to pick up rares...
Rares are possibly the most valued items with the “right” combination of affixes

Wow wasn't planning on playing tonight but I got on for a trade and decided to run river....what do you know ohm and griffons in 1 run lol

I guess this would fall under surprising, but as a life long single player - some items always seemed out of reach. Thanks to this forum, and a member in particular, got to cross a weapon off the ol' bucket list this morning.

1644957340433.jpeg

Reactions: Ghonn
I guess this would fall under surprising, but as a life long single player - some items always seemed out of reach. Thanks to this forum, and a member in particular, got to cross a weapon off the ol' bucket list this morning.

View attachment 76931
Awesome mate
Really badass weapon ! ;)

I have only positive experiences, except that D2 and D2R are terribly short - indeed, it was a huge game, but by the standards of 20 years ago

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High