The "oh my..." D2R experience sofar

Sopper

Sep 21, 2019
I dedicate this thread as nice-to-read-while-waiting-in-queue...

Write down funny, amazing, weird, suprising things you have experienced in playing D2R!

Let me start:
I was really struggling with "starting" a mf-sorc as first character.
Killing bosses in half decent gear with as much MF i had found, becomes pretty boring after a couple of hours.
After hours Mephisto hell killing, i was so frustrated (no shako, no war traveler, no oculus, no goldwrap, no magefist, no skulders) that i went out in the wilderness of act V: killing just random mobs who crossed my path.
I went into a red portal in the highland i think, and boom: first elite drops me Hydra Bow with golden title!!
These moments are, what i remember, makes this game so exciting
Few days later my strafezon is cruising thru the Pits: man, this is much more fun then a bosskilling sorc!

Yeah, unless you are an item person or want to be top of ladder, magic find is boring. You do need to do a bit of it at times but I usually just try to incorporate some mf into the normal character and survive with that.

Maybe not the top items but I found so many critical items from fallen and other normal monsters, it's crazy. Those early hell items probably helped me more than anything.

I dedicate this thread as nice-to-read-while-waiting-in-queue...

Write down funny, amazing, weird, suprising things you have experienced in playing D2R!

Let me start:
I was really struggling with "starting" a mf-sorc as first character.
Killing bosses in half decent gear with as much MF i had found, becomes pretty boring after a couple of hours.
After hours Mephisto hell killing, i was so frustrated (no shako, no war traveler, no oculus, no goldwrap, no magefist, no skulders) that i went out in the wilderness of act V: killing just random mobs who crossed my path.
I went into a red portal in the highland i think, and boom: first elite drops me Hydra Bow with golden title!!
These moments are, what i remember, makes this game so exciting
Few days later my strafezon is cruising thru the Pits: man, this is much more fun then a bosskilling sorc!
Perhaps you are too much focused about certain items that are believed to be elemental for sorcs, but so am I. I currently have a cold sorc like this:

3 ptopaz crown
Ali Baba + Rhyme for MF, Oculus + Spirit for reaching MF spots (I needed very long to find a monarch!)
Skullder's (a 4 ptopaz armor or Wealth isn't that much worse)
Chance Guards (lucky me, my first find was a 40% one)
Goldwrap
Rare 25% MF boots
Rare FCR rings (no Nagelring worth wearing so far)
Gheed's
Edge bow for gambling
Charms: Resists, fhr, MF, no skillers so far
Merc: Insight in a noneth thresher, Treachery, Tal's helm

She has more than 400% MF with Ali Baba + Rhyme and Tunnels, Pindleskin and Meph are no problem at all. My death ratio is 0% since I've started with those three targets.

But yes, I would love to have a shako (I haven't even found a Tarnhelm!) or full Tal's (I only have two belts and half a dozen helms of that set) a golden hydra bow would be a magical moment for me. I would have started a bowazon immediately as well, my favourite character. Unfortunately, the Tunnels and Pindle had no really pleasant surprising moments for me so far, but she's L89 or 90 now.

Trading on bnet would probably have brought me to there, but I will remain on single player, having burned up enough pgems for buying all that if I was on bnet.

Well, trading got me full tal rasha's set now; feels so much better now.
Although shako + skulders + HOTO worked perfectly fine

My 2nd "oh my..." was in 1 pit run: Gul and Lo rune in the same run :love:

My most recent "oh wow!" moment was right after killing Hell Baal and not even getting a rare (wasn't playing my MF char, but still! not even a rare??). Decided to go smack Pindle once for fun. The word "Corona" appeared in green.

Completing Griswold's may be a tall order but hey, one down!

My travincal horker is working nicely: about 100 runs and i horked up a JaH rune :)

And today another JAH rune hahaha

Just wanted to perm a game.
Thought to myself "yea..let's pay a visit to Andy while waiting eh?"

Dropped me a Gull :cool:

So I just made Memory to prebuff ES on my sorc, and I'm running Meph. And for some reason suddenly I'm taking huge damage and die. Only on my third or fourth run I realize that I somehow subconciously switch weapons right when I reach Meph (and get my resistances way into negative numbers). It took me a while to figure out why.

I saved a skill point on my previous sorc (about 12 years ago!), and used Memory staff that gave +1 static field. Resistances didn't matter, I had a full ES+TK build with damage reduction. When I got my build and hotkeys close enough my muscle memory kicked in and now I can't get rid of this habit. As soon as I get distracted my sorc starts tanking bosses with a stick in her hands.

Funny how Memory works...

Reactions: Zyr
Horked up a Sur rune in Travincal this evening and a couple of hours later a Ber dropped in the Pits.
Never found so many HRs, is the droprate increased?

Ber rune pits.png

Reactions: snickersnack
So I just made Memory to prebuff ES on my sorc, and I'm running Meph. And for some reason suddenly I'm taking huge damage and die. Only on my third or fourth run I realize that I somehow subconciously switch weapons right when I reach Meph (and get my resistances way into negative numbers). It took me a while to figure out why.

I saved a skill point on my previous sorc (about 12 years ago!), and used Memory staff that gave +1 static field. Resistances didn't matter, I had a full ES+TK build with damage reduction. When I got my build and hotkeys close enough my muscle memory kicked in and now I can't get rid of this habit. As soon as I get distracted my sorc starts tanking bosses with a stick in her hands.

Funny how Memory works...
Classic!

Horked up a Sur rune in Travincal this evening and a couple of hours later a Ber dropped in the Pits.

View attachment 71830
My buddy and I found an Um, a Gul, and a Cham all within about 10-15 hell cow runs. I've also found 2 Vex in the last month. Never had that kind of luck in D2 before Resurrected came out.

It has been increased in 1.13, but, to my knowledge, not in D2R.

It has been increased in 1.13, but, to my knowledge, not in D2R.
Yes, i am aware of increase with patch 1.13, but still... it feels like they drop more often now.
Just horked up another Sur rune in Travincal and i'm playing solo

Sofar since the release of D2R (i joined a few weeks later):
Pits: Gul, Lo, Ber, Ist
Travincal: Jah, Jah, Sur, Sur
Random: Vex, Gul, Mal

Yes, i am aware of increase with patch 1.13, but still... it feels like they drop more often now.
Just horked up another Sur rune in Travincal and i'm playing solo

Sofar since the release of D2R (i joined a few weeks later):
Pits: Gul, Lo, Ber, Ist
Travincal: Jah, Jah, Sur, Sur
Random: Vex, Gul, Mal
1) nice
2) Do you still have your Lo?
3) What do you want for it?

1) nice
2) Do you still have your Lo?
3) What do you want for it?
Nope
Its in my 392 dmg Grief :)
i'll be making infinity this evening!
Light Sorc, here i come!

Reactions: TamaZC
I'm abit nervous to make infinity
Got a good base, 4sox eth Giant Tresher, still... always nervous to put such expensive runes in it

Ok, now i'm sure the droprate of runes is increased in D2R
Just respecced my sorc to light, and 3rd chaos run solo: Jah rune

Reactions: TamaZC
Hmm, all I had so far was Vex and 2x Ohm.

I'm inspired by all your finds!

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High