The Oculus

james hughes

Jan 5, 2019
I have just started playing Diablo 2 again after many years away from the game . I have decided to play Sorc Hc but haven’t made a ladder character , just a normal battle net hardcore character where I’m currently lvl 42 on nightmare .

I have been using the leaf for quite some time but feel I need to switch to a 1h and a shield for extra resistances to help me survive .

Any advice on me farming an oculus or can anyone help me out with one ? I’m only on act 1 nightmare , as im taking it very slow for obvious reasons :)

Thanks

If you want that one specific item you can run NM Meph over and over again. Plus you would likely find a number of other useful items there as well for your sorc or for trade. Diablo and Baal have better chances for that specific item, but Meph is usually preferred for starting out.

I know this doesn't answer your question but can I ask why you decided not to do ladder? You would have access to the spirit runeword that way. Once the ladder season ends your character will move to non ladder and keep his ladder only items.

Thanks for this reply .

I was unsure whether or not it moved to none ladder or just got deleted hence my choice against that :(

Do you know when this ladder runs until ? I may create a ladder character if I happen to die as I have had some close calls already ...

Looks like MF safe spotting is the way forward then if I get there . Spirit would be so nice , tried to make one before I realised it’s ladder only . You can imagine my disappointment ...

The ladder seems to have been resetting twice a year recently, but you never know for sure. They reset it last month IIRC so it may be a while. I used to play ladder all the time but since I recently started playing again I've been on single player with runeword mod.

I remember the first time I tried to make an Insight runeword for a merc I put the runes in a spear :).

That’s good to know .

I’m just playing with a friend and enjoying the challenge of hardcore once again . I’m going to make many more rune word blunders I’m sure ..

Just wish gear was easier to come by but that’s the challenge i suppose !

Thanks for help

Yes, the ladder reset in December and usually runs for 6 months. So you still have plenty of time to do a ladder character.

Yeh I will do mate if I die . I’m currently on act 3 nightmare and still yet to find an oculus despite many MF runs. Gotta love RNG!!

Just wish I could use a spirit but can only be traded to me :(

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High