The Normal Set Project

Isenhart has slashed through the beginning of Act V in nightmare and level 64, finding a useful fire resistance charm and Anya.

And:

Screenshot319_zpsipmw3j1j.jpg

:) Next to Isenharts Parry that was the most welcome find there could possibly be! With venom prebuffed from a merc's treachery he will deal about 40% more damage! Also, one more elements, giving Isenhart three types and thus being able to harm every enemy.

I socketed the sword and put a Shael rune in it. I'm not good with zeal breakpoints but the effect was less notable than I had hoped. I do have that Mal rune otherwise, might use a Hel to clear out the Shael and change it. PMH is quite important. I crafted a funny ring with minimum damage, like the sword has, so maybe that is part of his theme and should be used?

EDIT: Now at 65 and with the Mal rune instead in the sword.

Ladies and gentlemen! May I present: the completed Isenharts set! Definitely the luckiest weekend any of these characters has had! Isenhart hasn't had to do very much grinding at all even though I did raid normal Mephisto a lot earlier, which is a nice change from Mimmi and others. I will probably stay and plunder things in nightmare until level 75 or so to be on the safer side, and Mizan or whoever shall replace him will need the best gear they can get.

I have several topazes gathered for a socketed plate but wasn't able to find one, which was very irritating. Now though, that is of lesser concern.

As for mercs, I have the Crainte Vomir espandon which slows so so far it looks like it will be a barbarian.

Screenshot320_zpsrxgqt8rs.jpg

EDIT: Conqueror Isenhart is now level 67. Korlic and Talic were extra strong and Talic nearly killed him. That was depressing. I am thinking of switching out Bloodfist for a pair of weaken gloves. Bloodfist is awesome but you can't recover from hits if you're already dead...

Baal did on the other hand die very fast due to the crushing blow and so did the minions of destruction. The early waves are harder. The stairs down are super Close to the waypoint and each other so it will be very convenient to raid.

Guess what the quest drop was? Buriza-do kyanon...which I now need to throw away...:rolleyes:

Isenhart at level 68, grinding it out. Found a Spirit shroud from Baal but treachery is still better I think. Keeping it in the cude for now, might be handy at some point.

Vidala is taking it slow and steady to level 20 and did stumble on a Nagelring in the jail! With now a total of 75% poison resist from Deaths hand and 8 MDR from stealth and jewelry Andariel will not be happy.

As mentioned I found Civerbs set dull and I never quite managed to get a feeling for the character. That golden shield does not fit the white minion theme at all. So I have decided to respecify into Armageddon, and go for a golden full plate with light radius to match the shield. Civerb is now a priest Calling upon his heavenly deity to rain fire upon the enemies. And fire is not too bad against undead in fact, taking care of both ghosts and gloams, and several annoying mummies as well.

Now, to be able to hold the line long enough to make Armageddon effective one will need a lot of Life and damage reduction. I misremebered and though shifh-clicking put 100 Points into an attribute...but it puts all Points. So Civerb suddenly became an all vitality character for the moment. Turns out I had spent the one reset in normal too...:confused: I can say this character got a lot more interesting. Now he needs to gain levels to unlock his Equipment again..

Also, keeping in line with the yellow theme rather than the White, I hired a Mighty Town guard, Ilzan, instead of Jarulf the mage. Jarulfs last job was accompanying Civerb to Andariel to test out Armageddon. The results are rpomising despite many Close calls from the insignificant protection and very sloppy gameplay on my part. Nonetheless, the test run of Armageddon was rewarded with a rare Partizan for Ilzan. Now onto more raiding and questing and points into strength further on. He is now just level 53 so there are plenty of levels to correct the slight attribute placement mistake.

Civerb has reached level 55 and regained his strength, so he can now wear the set items again. Armageddon has proven to be rather funny, especially after today when I started to combine it with twister. Twister and hurricane tornado are the only offensive spells that are unaffected by cooldown after you recast Armageddon. The twisters deal no damage but the stun from each affects multiple enemies and if you channel twisters constantly it will become a huge help for whatever friends that stand in front tanking. With some faster cast rate, the slow stun length wont be a problem for this. After Civerb and Ilzan geared up with more PDR and a pair of weakening gloves, Andariel is reduced to a midnight snack. The latest run yielded a bloodletter and bonesnap...both great things which can not be used here...

Mimmi has made a small but very hard bit of progress into jail. It was hard because the monsters ignored Mizan and one black rogue happened to be as fast as her and also sprouting holy shock and being cursed...that was damned scary. Mimmi was chased through almost all of the barracks back to the waypoint. Stupid targeting glitch. May the jail prove quieter.

I would like to find some myrmidon greaves to imbue or craft. Some extra resistances would be sorely needed, and some more damage to leech a bit.

Sander advances to level 30. Civil war grips the flayer jungle as no one really seems to know anything about anthing anymore when under the curse on confusion. Absolutely hilarious.

Alice has reached Act IV in nightmare. Mephisto gave useless loot and the path to him is not very nice so Alice won't be goingback there much. Now at level 59 with Immolation Arrow built up and the valkyrie growing. Hoku needs a new sword...

Marlotta is my favourite I think, to a great extent because she was the first one and my wife (and forumites lot) liked the guardian thread so much. Closely followed by Alice because I am at my best when playing Amazons and immolation Arrow is so cool, and Isenhart because the set is so common and "anti-endgame".

Knowing myself I think I will like Clueles, since the berserker set has been expected to prove an impossible obstacle to overcome...which I will delight in disproving.:cool:

EDIT: Isenhart is creeping closer to hell, now at level 70. Despite the frailty of twon guards I will stick to a praying one for the healing. They found the unique Partizan which is an improvement but equipment remains underpowered. I hope I have the patience to level up to 75 before hell, as a meleer Isenhart will need every bit of life he can get.

Sigon has found his first set item, the belt! That character has had a bad start, suffering from typical melee problems in the way of insufficient equipment by late normal where skill based characters bloom. But after switching to concentrate instead of bash as main attack (bash will be synergizing stun) and sticking with stealth armor instead of a gemmed mail he is being more economical and fun to play. He has a stupid Town guard to protect but that moron got a rare Partizan from normal Shenk, luckily enough.

Sigon has a wonderful map to normal Mephisto so with him I am breaking the main rule of leaving magic finding for later. He should benefit more from early raids since he needs just about anything useful that Mephisto can give (such as a certain generals flail I could Think of).

Cleglaw has shifted into bear form and fire claws along with hunger and maul is rocking! I very nearly managed to beat Diablo without casualties by sprinting around him and throwing out fissures but suddenly he imprisoned poor Mahala and burned her apart! :mad: After crawling through the Bloody Foothills and burning random packs of enemies Cleglaw put on his best gear and shifted into bear. Even with the most basic shockwave and hunger it works well and he is almost independent of potions. For armour, he has Twitchthroe ehich adds delightful blocking as well as speed, both excellent. It may very well stay on until the end. Some imps dropped the Duskdeep full helm which made Mahala a bit sturdier. I'm thinking about switching to a cold mage soon, at least before nightmare. Am also eager to find the first Shael rune to adorn the sword with. Now at level 38.

Grindily-grind. Sigon has advanced to level 37 and found his helm! Now he can enjoy the fabled life stealing and attack rating of his set.

Vidala continues her slow and steady approach through Andariel, Radament and various undead in the deserts. The combinaion of steakth armor and a Nagelring she found is enough to repel most magic troubles. She has also managed to shop a +3 enchant staff with two sockets from Drognan! Now at level 22 and very strong in the open desert but having trouble handling other archers effectively.

Sigon is now a destructive destroyer after an exquisite start of the gaming session where he found his gauntlets from Mephisto! Realising that level meant Little and weapon all he rushed at 1 player setting to Baal like in the oolden Days. The minions of destruction were troublesome as ususal but Baal himself was not very hard. He didn't give up any great weapon though.

I currently use concentrate instead as main attack since it seems easiest to increase battle orders first and get a good early attack for free. Bashing(almost maxed) is good too but the knockback is not needed at the moment and damage is a priority over crowd control. The stun will shine in late nightmare andhell when the foes turn really scary but at one point it is not worth the effort. I have high hopes though, after seeing the barbarian hirelings hacking their way through demons of every kind.

Restles has sprinted through Act 2 and 3 in nightmare and is now past Shenk and merely level 60. The Hell forge rune was a Hel, quite a disappointment. Hephasto dropped the Iron Pelt though, which I will probably use since it looks good and I am very fond of damage reduction. Combined with his ruby amulet of life everlasting it has made Restles quite a nuisance for most enemies in nightmare. Annor survived against both act bosses, which was a feat against Diablo who trapped restles and scorched the army with his ranged calamities. I had to give Annor 3/4 of the purple potions and portal to town twice to keep her alive, the last time getting her out with less than a second of time margin.

Sigon unearths his greaves, now only lacking the shield and plate! It is time to move on from normal Mephisto to pester normal Baal instead. It is not so bad having one character that only make repeated boss runs. Sometimes that is all I have the energy for and it's a kind of relaxing way to play. Minimal danger and effort.

EDIT: Cathan has found her mask! Twice... I worry that the amulet will be tiresome to get but the armor has much better odds.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High