The Noodle Compound V. 2.0

Re: Red Alert! (Spring/Summer OT Thread)

Shap's jus t a fuzzy bear, if you rub his tummy he might be persuaded ...

Maybe he's still in hibernation.

I have been known'in Shaperla for the better part of my dii.net career. I know he's an extremely nice guy and all, but I dunno if he's gonna open up another OT.

Hallowed are the Ori!

LIES! Cast away thy heathen gods and follow the way of the wolves!! :grin:

Why are the OT threads always horribly misnamed? It's not Spring yet for weeks!
What are you talking about? It was never winter. :tongue:
I hate spring.. I hate flowers...and trees. Allergies ftl.
I am so glad I don't have allergies, you should see all the pollen that's been covering everything.
I thought the Groundhog saw his shadow this year. That means that this thread is about 2 weeks early.
Groundhog day came and went without notice, did he see his shadow?
When I was a little kid we had like 2-3 months summer and 5-6 months winter, but now it begins to be 5-6 months summer and 2-3 months winter. I will miss the snow.
That's what it was like growing up in the north, then we moved to the south and winter practically went away. :hanky:
We had snow the other day. Quite shocked, we never get any snow during 'winter' but always get it just after.. =\
It "snowed" here for about an hour once last year, it was awesome. Biggest flakes I had ever seen, shame they melted on contact with anything. Then it rained for a couple hours after that.
I have mud ...lots of it for you all. Mud bath time!
I heard mud was good for the skin. :scratch:
Tri probably still has that tar. That guy keeps everything.
He said he did once, but only gave it as msn emote.
you spam alot
And you don't?
So Gorny, how was Stargate: The Ark of Truth?
There's another Stargate out? I haven't finished SG-1 yet. :tongue:

I watched Ark of Truth last night ...not going to spoil anything. :lipsrsealed:

I watched Ark of Truth last night ...not going to spoil anything. :lipsrsealed:

So it was crap then? :rolleyes:

It was actually pretty good, but there are a few things you would expext to happen or want to see that don't happen. There is a suprise or three going on. I give it 3/5 stars.

It was actually pretty good, but there are a few things you would expext to happen or want to see that don't happen. There is a suprise or three going on. I give it 3/5 stars.

Thanks for the review, o great one. :smiley:

I'll add some about what went on without giving it way.

They are looking for Ark of Truth when the movie opens, and it is not anywhere in our galaxy. There is an IOA opreative planted inside SG1 and he goes along on the mission to find The Ark. He has his own agenda. The team gets ambushed a few times, The Replicators show up and cause problems. Merlin shows up as does Morgan Lefay. All hell breaks loose when Adria shows up.

This is a full-length film like Stargate or is it the start of another spin-off series?

This is a full-length film like Stargate or is it the start of another spin-off series?

It is a full length film that was made to finish off the rest of the Ori arc (seasons 9-10), after Sci Fi cancelled SG1. Although it is a movie, it will feel like watching a long episode if you see it. Since it does take place at the very end of the show I suggest you don't see it until you finish watching SG1.

Another film, Stargate: Continuum will come out later this year. Both movies are sequels to Stargate SG1 and are direct-to-DVD movies.

To me some parts seemed a little shallow or went by a little fast, but I suppose there is not much you can do to avoid that when it would usually take several episodes build up to an end. Overall, It was a good ending.

I'll add some about what went on without giving it way.

They are looking for Ark of Truth when the movie opens, and it is not anywhere in our galaxy. There is an IOA opreative planted inside SG1 and he goes along on the mission to find The Ark. He has his own agenda. The team gets ambushed a few times, The Replicators show up and cause problems. Merlin shows up as does Morgan Lefay. All hell breaks loose when Adria shows up.

The Replicators showing up was a real surprise for me.

Also, did you by chance notice the little CG effect they used when they went through the stargate?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-HIcvTQCpY (SPOILERS for The Arc of Truth)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HWyAODVsQ4&feature=related

I have the urge watch the original Stargate movie now...

Last edited:

I've never been too fond of Stargate. Maybe because during years I've been a big fan of McGyver when I was younger, so it's somehow funny to me to see Richard Dean Anderson in this new role :grin:.

However, I've seen the original movie on the cinema some years ago (can't remember the year exactly) and it wasn't bad at all.

Also, I once was very surprised, by watching a random episode, to see that actor... mmh what's his name again... the bad old guy that always smokes in X-Files ?

And you don't?
:

not half as much as i could, nor as Much that it makes any difference:tongue:

@Frosty- Macgyver is teh bomb:grin: no seriously, i always watched it when i was a bit "younger"

They finally canned that crock of ****, did they? About ten seasons too late.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High