The Noodle Compound V. 2.0

Re: Red Alert! (Spring/Summer OT Thread)

Well, programming is just a small part of it actually. The huge part turned out to be maths. And some maths. Hmm, did I mention maths? But coding is fun - you should definitely try it! If you know one language already - usually others are similar. I was learning Pascal when I was in primary school, then I learned C (and C++), then tried a bit of Assembly and decided that this is not funny. And then it turned out that all languages I was learning after that are very similar to C. Java (which is very handy and it's so popular because some things are easier than in C, the code is shorter and you write faster) is similar to C. Same with C#. Then Javascript which turned out to be similar to Java. Python is very interesting and easy to learn. PHP is similar, etc. Just don't try PERL. It's really weird language. :rolleyes: When the code you wrote is hard to read for yourself sometimes - my definition of weird. :wink:

Btw - Turtle, I added your pen spinning video to my favourites on YT! It's awesome! My boyfriend was like :shocked: when he saw it.

Heh, I'm looking for some good manga to read... I haven't read it in ages. :undecided:

Well, I guess he would watch anything with SG label. :grin: Fanboy. :azn: But we are watching on my computer (from my DVD archives). I'm not even sure if it's aired here in out TV - I guess we only have the last season of SG-1 (last. :cry:).

I study computer science. Loads of work, not much fun :rolleyes: but I find it interesting. I always knew this is something for me.

Gee, I'm so bored today. I'm doing some stuff in Scilab (I seriously hate Matlab) - which is an awesome tool, and it's open-source! - but it's generally not very exciting. And my neck hurts like hell. I was on my training in the morning and it didn't help much...

Go get Ark of Truth.

Go get Ark of Truth.

Will do! :D

The SG propaganda is too much.....

Poor you. *pets* Write your own propaganda!

We had ding-dong jokes... Anyone up to knock-knock jokes? :grin: Sorry, I'm tired and fed up with work - my brain is grilled.

Ash Housewares said:
whats with all the old farts showing up
What old farts?

Well, programming is just a small part of it actually. The huge part turned out to be maths. And some maths. Hmm, did I mention maths? But coding is fun - you should definitely try it! If you know one language already - usually others are similar. I was learning Pascal when I was in primary school, then I learned C (and C++), then tried a bit of Assembly and decided that this is not funny. And then it turned out that all languages I was learning after that are very similar to C. Java (which is very handy and it's so popular because some things are easier than in C, the code is shorter and you write faster) is similar to C. Same with C#. Then Javascript which turned out to be similar to Java. Python is very interesting and easy to learn. PHP is similar, etc. Just don't try PERL. It's really weird language. :rolleyes: When the code you wrote is hard to read for yourself sometimes - my definition of weird. :wink:

Btw - Turtle, I added your pen spinning video to my favourites on YT! It's awesome! My boyfriend was like :shocked: when he saw it.

Heh, I'm looking for some good manga to read... I haven't read it in ages.
Yeah, at my school the Computer Science program is with the math faculty just because most of the courses are some sort of Calculus. My friend is in Comp Sci and I think a most of his courses are just programming and Calculus. My roomate is in Software Engineering and ALL of his classes are math, except for CS.
I had heard that Java was pretty easy because the commands are just more simple than other languages. I guess I'll find out soon, if I do decide to take some of those CS courses.

And thanks for support of my pen spinning videos ^^ Just a little hobby I have on the side besides D2. Fun, cause you can do it in class and when you're good at it you can just show up all the other kids who think they're cool cause they can do a charge (one of the most common tricks).
I'm glad you liked them :p

As for manga, depending on what kind of stuff you like, I can recommend some pretty decent ones. The only ones I'm following right now are Yotsuba&! which is hands down one of my all-time favourite mangas of all time. The author is a comedic GENIUS. If you like that manga watch the Azumanga Daioh anime.
The other manga I'm following is High School of the Dead. It's exactly like the title suggests. Zombies, high school kids, guns, LOTS of guns, katanas, hot girls with massive.... :hide: Ahem! Yeah, it's just really cool. Hopefully it gets adapted to an anime.

Just got back from Japantown(San Francisco), I went a "little" overboard in the bookstore :hide: and they changed the layout of ichiban kan again O_O (a bit more organized in a way :scratch:)...got some chocolate taiyaki to go and lots to read :devil:...

*begins to eat some choco taiyaki while looking through some manga and stuff ^^*

P.S. : The pal forum has not moved since yesterday, not even anything at night -_- (<---so used to some movement in there :azn:).

:point:

Vista

:point:

Just got back from Japantown(San Francisco), I went a "little" overboard in the bookstore :hide: and they changed the layout of ichiban kan again O_O (a bit more organized in a way :scratch:)...got some chocolate taiyaki to go and lots to read :devil:...

*begins to eat some choco taiyaki while looking through some manga and stuff ^^*

P.S. : The pal forum has not moved since yesterday, not even anything at night -_- (<---so used to some movement in there :azn:).
Dude Karen! You should go hang out with Gary! He lives in San Fran, you guys can go clubbing together.

And yeah, the Pal forum isn't moving because Edison and I aren't there.

Heh, I'm looking for some good manga to read... I haven't read it in ages. :undecided:

I have never gotten over my hatred of Pascal.

I used to do some programming in QBasic... and at Uni they actually got us to use FORTRAN at one point...

Windows Vista Tech problem :rant:

Had to reinstall and still updating patches........... :rant: :rant:
Ah yes, Vista. The only problems I've heard from people with that was having to reinstall the UIs they were using, some having to do it two or three times before they could get them to work again.

It took an hour and forty minutes for the recent patch to install and update on my computer. :tongue:

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High