The LLD Nursery

@entwilighter you should join us in the PvP thread for the next games! We're playing pretty much on a weekly basis, usually 1-2 sessions per weekend. We had LLD games with @Delsy and @Pyrohemia last time and I think we'll stick with LLD for a bit. :)

Edit: What’s your time zone?

Re bowazon it's worth noting that upped Rogue's Bow is incredibly strong and cheap, too. With the remaining gear I'm using, 8 FPA Rogues's DPS is even slightly ahead ahead of DPS with 9 FPA Ashwood Robo. And if I chose to go 9 FPA for lower mana consumption, socketing a max jewel in it and using KB craft gloves is the same or barely worse damage per arrow than Robo Ashwood at 9 FPA (~1-2% depending on jewel roll).

For Barb I will eventually switch to Robo+Honor Nagas for the extra damage... for bowazon I don't see myself dropping Rogue's Bow, perhaps merely adding a couple of those to keep in stash with different socketings.

But important to note that I'm using current patch gear, 1.07 bows like the one you described are of course much better than all current patch options.
Oh yeah, I forgot about Rogue's. Very nice bow. Edit: I just actually did the DPS calcs and Rogues actually easily beats my 1.07 craft bow. What a waste of time and resources! 😂😫

I finally edited some of my recording from when Delsy and I last dueled. I have been meaning to do this for ages. Here is the Sorc vs. Nec duels, there is Bowa, Fissure to come.

Apologies if you are in the Netherlands you might have to use a VPN to view it (music copyright 😞)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Excalibur and D2DC
Hypothetical: if I were making a robo Naga for a barb, and these were my jewels, what do you think is the strongest combination of 4 of these jewels?

Code:
Wraith Gyre
Jewel
Required Level: 12
Fingerprint: 0x643111ca
Item Level: 75
Version: Expansion 1.10+
19% Enhanced Damage
+9 to Maximum Damage
+19 Maximum Stamina
9% Damage Taken Goes To Mana

Viper Talisman
Jewel
Required Level: 24
Fingerprint: 0xce86e90e
Item Level: 85
19% Enhanced Damage
+3 to Maximum Damage
+36 Defense
Fire Resist +27%

Plague Eye
Jewel
Required Level: 14
Fingerprint: 0x57fa9d3d
Item Level: 30
7% Enhanced Damage
+3 to Maximum Damage
Cold Resist +38%
Lightning Resist +9%
Fire Resist +9%
Poison Resist +9%

Rusty Jewel of Carnage
Jewel
Required Level: 18
Fingerprint: 0x5b0adf68
Item Level: 80
17% Enhanced Damage
+11 to Maximum Damage

Rusty Jewel of Carnage
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x756a0048
19% Enhanced Damage
+11 to Maximum Damage

Rusty Jewel of Carnage
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x64b4e618
12% Enhanced Damage
+11 to Maximum Damage

Rusty Jewel of Knowledge
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0xb52a1bf5
19% Enhanced Damage
+5 to Energy

Rusty Jewel of Knowledge
Jewel
Required Level: 33
Fingerprint: 0x5c2857ef
Item Level: 80
20% Enhanced Damage
+7 to Energy

@ffs love to hear your thoughts?

I'm thinking Wraith Gyre, Viper Talisman and the two best Rusty Jewels of Carnage, but possibly drop Viper Talisman for the 12%/+11.

Nice jewels, I can calculate exactly tomorrow but pretty sure the second option with 12/11 is best. I also used two low-ish ED ones with high max roll over other options with just/mostly high ED.

Reactions: entwilighter
Nice jewels, I can calculate exactly tomorrow but pretty sure the second option with 12/11 is best. I also used two low-ish ED ones with high max roll over other options with just/mostly high ED.
I think you're right, so I just went ahead and jewelled it up. The main appeal on the other jewel was the res, but I can get that elsewhere.

Screenshot213.jpg
Damage is a bit lower than yours but it will do for now. The DTM is a cool mod and could come in handy from what I have seen with your barb ;)

Edit: oops, now I remember I was going to Hel my Superior 15% Shael'd Naga for this! Oh well 😅 This one is 14%

Reactions: ffs
Well, once you leave the realm of hypotheticals it can be hard to stop. So I rushed a Barb in 1.07, jewelled the hat, took the armor and charms from the Bowazon. I still don't have a teleport staff so he's a just a run fast type Barb for now, I will have to rebuild him for teleport when I get it, but I think I should be able to keep the helm :) I have been gathering the gear for a barb for a while. I played around with some other hats but this one gave the best damage and sockets overall, +1 Barb skills is really nice. And of course +Whirlwind, not having to skill the combat tree frees up more points for Increased Speed, which I maxed, along with BO. I also skilled Iron Skin and Natural Resist. Rest into Axe Mastery.

Oh yeah, and big thanks to @d2lover for the hat!

Screenshot237.jpg
Screenshot235.jpg
Screenshot217.jpg
Screenshot218.jpg

I'm not sure how you feel about 1.07 gear. I hope this doesn't make you feel queasy 😅

Last edited:
I don't mind facing 1.07 gear. :) Barb looks like a beast! The helm is crazy. :eek:

You can easily shop teleport staves at vendor past A2 Normal I believe. I just went with Malah NM or Hell. Use clvl 91+ to get max charges (52). I've shopped a number of them with the added requirement of wanting lvl 18 ones for twinking purposes, which took a little while. But for lvl 30 you don't mind some random lower lvl affix and those are very common.

I've been spending any D2 time farming gold with Trav Sorc and gambling it for LLD gear. Mostly hoping for good amulets, but also buying every circlet I come across. Got a nice upgrade for fire Sorc in the process last night, which triggered a quick Hell playthrough for another Larzuk quest.

Fingers were crossed because Larzuk has generally been a douchebag to me, but he seemed to be in a good mood. :)

Screenshot267.jpgScreenshot268.jpgScreenshot270.jpg

1.7k mana feels fine but still WIP overall, I'm hoping to get her to 500-550 life depending on setup. Currently just above 400 with max block or ~480 without.

While I'm at it, a decent Fissure Pelt:

Screenshot273.jpg

And a nice amulet upgrade for my Bowazon.
Screenshot265.jpg

Ooh nice pieces all of them.

Yeah, gambling is fantastic. I need to get back into it! I found I used to like only gambling rings and amulets when a circlet showed up on the screen, makes the money last longer :)

It does and indeed generally it’s more efficient to gamble circlets, I just focus on amulets because I don’t have many good ones whereas my circlet options are OK in comparison. I have a dedicated GF Trav Sorc so getting gold quickly is not an issue.

What clvl do you guys use to gamble circlets and amulets? From what I know, clvl 45 should be required to guarantee the possibility of +2 tree skills (lvl 40). What other items do you gamble and what chars do you use, please share.

Yes, clvl 45 exactly with Edge bow, gambling in Hell game to re-sell for up to 35k. Target items for me:
  • amulets (my personal priority but the least cost-efficient)
  • circlets
  • double bow type
  • harpoon type
  • Naga type
A point could also be made for several shield and body armor types to get some nice rare and/or eth/repair high def etc.. but odds and potential gameplay impact are kinda out of proportion in comparison to the above. Arguably the best all-purpose items for those slots are simply shopped.

Rings could be useful too but personally I kept so many over the years I don't feel my LLD options are lacking.

E: Char doesn't matter IMO unless you also want to shop claws at Anya. In that case make I'd use an Assassin and distribute stat points so that potentially good claws are identifiable.

Last edited:
Reactivating this thread as there's some LLD action going on. :)

Question: Has anyone around here made a lvl 30 LS Trapper (C/C) and insights or experiences to lean on? I'd like to make one, and just rolled a Hand Scythe rack that I intend to farm a bit and see what I can get.

Main reason to go C/C is higher LS damage than with C/S or Spirit sword setups. I'm keen on C/C but I'd also be interested in hearing about W/S Trappers. I understand damage is subpar anyway but is it "not top tier but still solid" or "total trash"? :)

My current plan:

Skills
Really just LS and as many points in Shock Web/synergies as possible. Will mostly depend on which claw staffmods I can get. Otheriwse, 1pt BoS, skills and pre-reqs for stuff not granted by claw staffmods.

Gear
  • Circlet 1 Sin 30 FRW 20 FCR (PSkull)
  • Viper (PSkull) or Spirit Shroud (if using Insight on switch, TBD)
  • Amulet +2 traps, all res, life repl, mana OR 1 Sin/FCR/repl/resist - TBD
  • 2x SoJ
  • Claw 1*: hand scythe +3 LS, DFlight, Shadow Master (already racked)
  • Claw 2: yet to be racked, ideally +3 LS, Mind Blast, Weapon Block (seems to save the most skill points)
  • Belt: SoE or Death's
  • Gloves **: Magefist or Death's
  • Boots *** : TBD. Sander's?

* Claws socketed mostly with jewels for a mix of -req, dex/str, resists, mana, plus 1x Shael in primary for 9fpa trap laying speed.

** Magefist mainly for 65 FCR mind blast and potentially tele staff on switch, but not 100% sure about either. Death's gloves (+ belt) would also be nice and make Shael in weapon obsolete.

Also re mana consumption I'm considering using Insight switch (rather then tele staff) which would also provide FCR. Not sure whether either MB or LS cause real mana trouble at lvl 30, any experienecs?

*** Originally I liked the idea to hbyridize with kicks and go for rare War Boots, but I kinda feel there's no chance to build such a hybrid char with our "normal quests only" lvl 30 approach. Even with ideal staffmod claws there's just not enough skill points available. For pure C/C Trapper I'm not entirely sure about boots either though.

Also got around to finishing lvl 30 V/T Paladin (Smite + FoH).

For some reason most sources consider VTs average at best for level 30 duels, but so far I found it viable and fun, too. I do use a tele staff switch, which no guide or discussion I've found actually mentioned as an option. From what I gather the traditional LLD V/T uses a dedicated FoH switch with more + skills, personally I find teleport way more useful.

As for the more interesting pieces, finding this pretty damn good shield made me build the char in the first place.

Screenshot351.jpg

Desired weapon staffmods are FoH, Fanaticism, Conviction. Of course it's incredibly hard to find one with all 3 of those. When settling for 2 staffmods as I did, FoH + Conviction would save 2 more points, but Fana/Conv is good enough. 3x Shael is needed for 6fpa Smite with Fana. I chose the jewels for str + dex + resists, although the cold damage is nice to check opponents for CNBF mod with Charge.

Screenshot350.jpg

He has several amulet options but currently using this for FCR, life and to cover a good amount of resists (I hate swapping charms around).

Screenshot353.jpg

Using this circlet in his standard setup over PCrown. He's using Spirit Shroud (i.e. already providing high life replenish) and I like the 30 FRW and high mana roll. Again, I hate swapping charms around :) and life/mana as well as good FRW charms are useful for many chars. Based on the few duels I've had with him so far, the FRW really helps in closing in when near opponents with a Smite namelock (very often, switching to Charge requires dropping the namelock). With Vigor, his movement speed is actually higher than my Bowa's.

Screenshot352.jpg

Remaining gear is Spirit Shroud (PSkull), 2x SoJ, SoE, Tearhaunch and Magefist as I wanted at least 30 FCR for teleport (tele staff on switch). Inventory mostly plain life, some res/mana/FHR.

Stashed gear is Viper, FCR rings, 1 Pally 20 FCR circlet, 3x Sol 50 life armor, death's gloves and belt and a couple of resist swap charms.

LCS and skills:
Screenshot357.jpg
Screenshot358.jpgScreenshot356.jpgScreenshot355.jpgScreenshot354.jpg

Last edited:
Your V/T is great @ffs, love the gear on him. He beat my bowa easily, but the Barb seemed too strong for him. I would like to fight him with the bowa again though, that seemed like a fun matchup.

I made a little video of just a couple of Druid vs Druid duels between @ffs' Windy and my Fissure Druid. @ffs' Windy is great, very strong and his telestomps were excellent. He was almost comprehensively victorious, but I did manage to sneak one win. Good duels! 😄

Reactions: ffs
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High