The Barbarian Horde MP Group

I hadn't considered how much noise a singer puts out nor how it works on LE enemies. I'm considering a respec into something else. Maybe Berserk? I don't have a zerker yet.

I think you're fine to stay a singer. The noise doesn't really bother me (though I grunt every time I attack as well, so...) and I know some play w/o game volume.

The LE stuff is only occasionally annoying, and shouldn't happen that much unless we run into more beetles. If you're interested, here's a couple of posts about it:

Kitteh losing a HC singer to beetles
Fruit's conjecture about why

Reactions: snickersnack
I think you're fine to stay a singer. The noise doesn't really bother me (though I grunt every time I attack as well, so...) and I know some play w/o game volume.

The LE stuff is only occasionally annoying, and shouldn't happen that much unless we run into more beetles. If you're interested, here's a couple of posts about it:

Kitteh losing a HC singer to beetles
Fruit's conjecture about why
Thanks for the info! Interesting read. I had a few deaths that looked exactly like that (as did a few members of the group....).

I guess this is one side effect of doing all of my levelling with Frenzy, and then respeccing into War Cry. I didn't learn the skill. Now that I know, I can do better. Maybe, maybe a respec is still in order. I could put a few points into, say, Bash, and then enough into Strength to wield Insight in a non-eth, elite polearm. That way, I could just melee at times. I'll give that some thought this evening.

I haven't played with game volume in years, so I don't notice the noise. I noticed the beetle carnage (x2 :LOL:) but like Vildecor said, we likely won't encounter any more of them, and even if we do, it's pretty limited areas in A5 where they can spawn.

Reactions: snickersnack
Pro tip of the day: If you're gonna leave an MP group in the middle of A3, it may be a good idea to pick up some of the pieces needed to make Khalim's Will.. :unsure:

Edit: A couple of surprises along the way
And a 241% Steeldriver from Meph.
Screenshot159.jpg
Screenshot160.jpg

Last edited:
Same issue as last time? Let me know if max should rehost. I think that helped after you rebooted last time?

That was fun! Also, playing a caster barb was ... a new experience. Allegedly, a singer makes a decent pit runner, so I may try that out. Or, I might just respec into a berserker for pit runs.

Reactions: maxicek
Thanks everyone, great fun as always, even though I barely dealt any damage!

End of this month I'll be temporarily moving to the sunny southern hemisphere, so time/motivation to play might be an issue in Nov/Dec... :) Still, I'll do my best and try to make it work whenever is good for others, hope we can keep this going. Sept must be completed after all. :D

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High