The Anti-Mage: How do I charge vs sorcs?

Halbreed7250

Oct 7, 2003
The Anti-Mage: How do I charge vs sorcs?

I want to make a crusader who's only purpose is to literally own 90% of sorceresses. I don't know where to start other than probably maxing out each of the individual resistance auras. I will use cheap gear, as my funds go to The-Sodomizer (v/t). Anyhow, Can any of you give me some ideas to start on? like say 4x Thul, ort, ral armor? I'll probably use Schaeffer's hammer, and What other gear should I use to hit 95% resist whilst only using fanatacism as an active aura? Tgod's? Snowclash? Whisps?

As it stands right now, I can beat quite a few fireball sorcs with my v/t when he is wearing a dwarfstar ring and waterwalks with 85% fire resist, but I only win when I actually play to win because He still can only take about 3 or 4 hits. But I still get 1 hit ko'd by blizz sorcs.

I want this paladin to be one where it takes little effort, and I take little damage. As cheap as that might sound, I feel like bullying around some sorcs that have been bullying my pk games ><

Also, if you can include how fire/light/cold mastery works, that would be appreciated, so far I am under the impression that it works like conviction for a paladin, except it doesn't show up on your resistances. Maybe it just cuts through them rather than lowering them. Will I need about 400 resistance vs all elemental skills in hell to reach 95%?

Hehe any help is fully appreciated!

Brian, if you get a chance, elaborate on what you were telling me today about negating that 14k Blizzard damage.

get a pally only 40+ resists shield with 4 sockets and stick in 4 psaphires

that shoudl pretty much negate a cold mastery

fire/light-adds damage
cold-lowers resists

do 10 in each aura, then use a guardian angel to get 95/95/95/95, for cold sorcs, the more resists th better so you light have to use resist cold aura

agaisnt cold: with enough stacked resists and cbf, a raven/snowclash should be enough to negate it

fire: 2x dwarfs, and maybe a rising sun if they can really dish it out

light: tgods should be sufficient to pretty much negate it, if not toss on wisps

so basically resists are your key, a kiras is excellent, with an UM hoz/resists cold shield, armor-ga cuz its cheap with a resist all jewel or UM,

14k blizzard=2333 pvp damage roughly if you can completely negate cold mastery, 95% resists reduces it by 2217 damage so basically you take 116 damage, with 40% absorb=46 life regained then some funky calculation goes on and you do the final abosrb 15 cold damage.

sryy i cant be of more help on th absorb issue

So I'm looking at so far:

=Level 75=
1 pt defiance
1 pt prayer
1 pt cleansing
-10 pts vigor
-10 pts all individual resist auras

1 pt might
1 pt blessed aim
1 pt concentration
-20 pts fanatacism

1 pt smite
-20 pts charge

Helm: -Kira's Guardian (Um)
Armor: -Guardian Angel (Um)
Belt: -Thundergod's Vigor / -Snowclash
Sheild: -Paladin Sheild w/ base 40 all resistance and four Perfect Saphires / -HoZ (Um)
Weapon: -Schaeffer's Hammer
Boots: -War Travs, sandstorm, Water walks, etc. (whatever)
Gloves: ?

Ring: -Raven Frost / -Dwarf Star / -Whisp
Ring: ? / -Dwarf Star / -Whisp
Amulet: -Mara's / -Rising Sun Amulet

With that and some suggestions for missing gear, will I have 95% resists vs. any given elemental damage in Hell pvp games?

Non-Socketed:
GA=15% to max resistances, no resistance actually given though
HoZ=50% all resistances
Socketed:
4xSaphired Magical sheild=200% cold resistance
GA=22 all resistances
HoZ=72 all resistances

you will have 95/95/95/90 (psn will be 90)

boots..wartravs for the damage i guess
helm: kiras guardian with an UM
ammy: maras
annihilus charm
i guess you should max charge, vigor, might, and 10 each resists, meditation is nice because of the crazy mana it takes to charge

Tor said:
you will have 95/95/95/90 (psn will be 90)

boots..wartravs for the damage i guess
helm: kiras guardian with an UM
ammy: maras
annihilus charm
i guess you should max charge, vigor, might, and 10 each resists, meditation is nice because of the crazy mana it takes to charge

Thanks Tor, you got me started, now time to browse the mules for (thank God) all of these which i have.

imo most melee pallys and liberators can take down any sorc with charge using chargelock. all u have to do is have high dmg and high resists.

most sorcs have horrible recovery so they will die after 2-3 hits.

my tesladin can take out most sorcs. i only have 1 base pt in charge. i sometimes have to switch to absorb gear if the sorc is really good though.

You don't need to make a Charger for killing Sorcs. Get that FoHer and stick 1 point into Charge+Vigor. FoH kills "PK" games faster than a Charger does.

or u can say i dont need resists i will be a 1 hit wonder and get a eth botd tmaul and max charge synergys then use highlords and guilems helm and gore riders and what ever else needed annd u should have like 90%ds and be doing 32k charge dmg with out ds and 64k charge dmg per hit with ds i want to see a sorc take that hit plz?

blackplague1 said:
or u can say i dont need resists i will be a 1 hit wonder and get a eth botd tmaul and max charge synergys then use highlords and guilems helm and gore riders and what ever else needed annd u should have like 90%ds and be doing 32k charge dmg with out ds and 64k charge dmg per hit with ds i want to see a sorc take that hit plz?

Some sorcs do have 75% block. No matter what damage you have, if you come up short against a blizz sorc per se, then she casts blizz on herself as you are coming in and then you get blocked (which is highly likely at 75% block) then you will be hurting without high resists.

blackplague1 said:

I like this reply.

ROMVS said:
Some sorcs do have 75% block. No matter what damage you have, if you come up short against a blizz sorc per se, then she casts blizz on herself as you are coming in and then you get blocked (which is highly likely at 75% block) then you will be hurting without high resists.

liberators can take these chars out. use vigor wit charge and have insane speed and switch to concentration at the last second, then the charge is unblockable.

There's a very easy way to go about being a 100% anti-sorc charger (I would call it a crusader, but that name may be in question at the moment).

For best results, there are three items you should use.

1. Chains Of Honor
2. Herald Of Zakarum
3. Kira's Guardian

Chains Of Honor (65), with an um'd Herald Of Zakarum (72), and a Kira's (say 65) gives you 202 all resists. With an ammy (say 20), Anni (say 15), and Anya quests (30), that's 267 all resists. In my opinion, that's stacked enough. You won't be 100% immune to cold mastery, but that's why a 4 PSapphire shield as suggested before would be a good idea, adding 88 resists to that, replacing the HOZ.

Now that we've covered your resists, there's sorb to worry about.

Fire: Dwarfs (15%), Rising Sun (depends on level), Hotspurs (increased resist 15%). That'll definitely be enough.

Lightning: Wisps (10-20%), TGods (20%). With double Wisps and TGods, along with your max resists, even with lightning's massive damage, you'll be near invulnerable to it.

Cold: Ravens (20%), Snowclash (increased resist 15%, +15 sorb). The Ravens themselves are enough sorb, but you'll want the increased resist from Snowclash too.

With all of that in your stash, no sorc will ever be able to kill you. You have a choice of high damage weapons, but it actually doesn't matter much. Even if you stood still with the sorc attacking you, they'd probably give up after a few shots realizing you weren't taking any damage.

mhl12 said:
liberators can take these chars out. use vigor wit charge and have insane speed and switch to concentration at the last second, then the charge is unblockable.

Concentration gives you uninterruptible attack 20% of the time, not unblockable attacks.

mhl12 said:

I don't want to use my normal character, I want to go out of my way to make a paladin specifically for tanking and killing sorceresses. Sure we can talk about winning MOST of the duels, but I want to win EVERY duel versus 90% or more of sorceresses-

THAT WAY-

He/She will find out that the sorceress is useless, and they will either go make another character, or get their "normal" one...who I will beat with my "normal" one...either way they're leaving the game, which is nice when he/she is town guarding and Nking becuase "omg omg i need gold for my repairs!!".

P.S. I leave a generous 10% of the total I duel to killing me because this is the first time I will have ever made a character like this, ie "pointless". I will try to make it 100% but iv'e not tried it yet so for now it's 90%, as was stated far above :) You can play with your liberator, shoot gimme the pass I will too ;)

j/k of course

P.P.S. I will have alot of resists coming from charms, so I'll go with GA instead of CoH, also I don't want to spend anything for a CoH, even If I did infact need it. But great post BaBeh, that was good stuff.

ROMVS said:
Concentration gives you uninterruptible attack 20% of the time, not unblockable attacks.

I've always wondered, what IS the difference between uninterruptible and unblockable? I've never been under the impression that concentration gave you 20% unblockable attacks, but I have also never fully understood what "uninterruptible" meant.

Halbreed7250 said:
I've always wondered, what IS the difference between uninterruptible and unblockable? I've never been under the impression that concentration gave you 20% unblockable attacks, but I have also never fully understood what "uninterruptible" meant.

In 09 it used to give 100% uninterruptable attack (not shown), meaning if you made a STR zealot with a phase blade + mad life leech it was possible to own even the best fanat zealots & STR fanat zealots with CCSE/CMSE since they usually get locked by eth + 4 frame zeal never giving them a chance to counter-attack. One of my favorite old zealot builds other than my STR zealot with CCSE.

HybrOI said:
FoH kills "PK" games faster than a Charger does.
Actually, vs Zons, FoH seems to have a low chance to hit zons with hight passives (Like myself :howdy: )
So, chargers are the best, and most annoying, just dont waste your time vs ranged duelists (Bone Necros, FO sorcs, GA Zon :howdy: (me again ^_^), and any other tracing duelinsts) like someone who hacks and shoots off screen, those are the MOST annoying people to duel, they run close to exit of town, and hostile, and ask to duel once they are all the way out of town. Such a pain.. a good charger could stop that.
Edit: A good charger, to smiter would own just about anyone with its uninterrupt etc. Using charge to run up, and smite to nail em in the face!
Bam! :lol:
-Straydum

HybrOI said:
You don't need to make a Charger for killing Sorcs. Get that FoHer and stick 1 point into Charge+Vigor. FoH kills "PK" games faster than a Charger does.

You CAN'T be serious...

Any sorceress can have 95% lightning resist, and a bunch of absorb.

How many D2 chars have you seen with a 'functional' 51% (or more) melee damage reduce, let alone more than .00000000% absorb melee damage?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High