The Amazon Sister quest for HC 99 Trophy

Oct 25, 2021
So, I lost my reason to play Doablo 2 SC, got all I wanted finished the game with 2 characters on SC build myself a 3rd and lost interest then I saw the
"Clean run to 99" threads and I am interested. I want to try with amazon becuase I need the trophy and it seemed like a logical option due to the speed in baal runs and most importantly I never played the amazon before so it seemed fun and challanging.

P.s. as of this moment only 5 people finished the HC lvl99 trophy

Very soon I learned how challanging it's not 1 amazon, but the sisters as some died very early... sorry ladies.

Amma the first died a sad death on lvl 4 on her very first quest.

Amma the second made it all the way to lvl 14 untill the hunters in the tower ended her dream.

Amma the third showed promise untill mephisto one shotted her on lvl 25.

Here, I realised the sisters could use some help and found the lvl 99 threads and some guide.

Therefor Amma the fourth takes a different approach, no javelin for this girl, with bow and arrow she shoots from a distance. So far so good. Here are the sister stories.

Hall of Fame
TryClass -> Main SkillDeath LevelDeath Locationreskilled
1Amazon -> Jab4Den of Evil - Normal0
2Amazon -> Jab14Tower - Normal0
3Amazon -> Charged Strike25mephisto - Normal0
4Amazon -> Ice Arrow72Tower - Hell1
5Amazon -> Ice Arrow + Valkyrie85 - alive!-2
6assassin > fire traps59 - alive-0

Ama 4th story
At lvl 18 she killed Andy and got luck with a nagel ring drop. Due to this she decided to do 10 more tower+Andy runs, the logic was if she finds 9amn runes we can make a lore helm. That, was a waste of time except for the 2nd ring. We also visited all caves and tunnels in act2 not much loot but we learned how to handle the bow skills and we feel comfortable and most of all we enjoyed acctually playing the game instead of rushing it.

Now we got the staff in act 2 found a nokozar amulet in maggot layer. And will kill Duriel and hopefully Memphisto tomorrow.

Collected all jewels, runes and gems, merged the gems with cube and used some random jewels in my first ever bow. Also found the poison gloves in tristram was good help with Andy and got a life leach magic weapon for act 2 merc.

Attachments

• 20220120_232332.jpg
    20220120_232332.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 184
  • 20220120_230313.jpg
    20220120_230313.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 177
  • 20220120_230318.jpg
    20220120_230318.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 169
  • 20220120_230401.jpg
    20220120_230401.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 168
  • 20220120_232155.jpg
    20220120_232155.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Good luck! This is quite the goal especially not playing HC before. I am not sure how much twinking you are doing but 3 tal runes in a bow will provide a lot more punch than your current set up.

I second @Nona's recommendation of 3xTal. It is quite fast to farm at countess, and really delivers at least in the first 4 acts. Then you can look for an exceptional 3 socket bow and make an Edge.

This is a very ambitious quest. Keep at it while it is fun, but don't be afraid to start another side project if you need the variety. Best of luck. I am looking forward to read more about Amma's journey.

It wasn't entirely clear to me if Insight-in-bows will only come with the new runewords moving to single player (after the ladder). Hopefully not.

I'm looking forward to seeing Amma Guardian. Bowazons are awesome

So Amma the Fourth survived the weekend, we go slow but steady.

Killed duriel at lvl 23, did player count 8 canyon runs till lvl 27. Didnt find anything amazing but got some res small charms+life that might help out and 23%GC. Also worn the beserker helm and armor for act 3 as the 2 set gave + life, defence and Attack rate.

Killed mephisto at lvl 28 and Diablo at 29. Diablo was a challange but we managed. (Also got Nef from the forge... so sad)

Also decided on a stealth armor for now. And I listen to the Tal Tal Tal bow advises above. it works GREAT on player 1 till 3. After that it's a bit slow. Diablo dropped a better rare bow so I took that for now.

I did take a lot of time looking at guides and 2.4 notes. I think elemental bowzon iis my thing I enjoy it so far and the mana cost will only be 50% per lvl compared to now. And the act 5 merc should be a good tank for me. But I guess we'll see when we get there. Maybe in hell I'll hate it. For sure clear speed will be slow but I can take years I don't mind. As long as I don't die.

For now, act 5 is on the to-do list and we're further then ever... baby steps!

Last edited:
Amma 4th is still alive and kicking got to Baal but the game crashed mid fight thankfully I was in town to restock. Sadly it took me 30min to get to mid fight. Damn I cant hit him and my merc and valkyrie keep dying.
I did get a Hellcasy crossbow from the snowman at Anya's which makes all arrows explode and gives me a total of 95%fire ress which helps. But I am weak lvl 34 and got to kill the big monsters in the last baal wave 1 by 1 and took 30min and 8TP's to get baal to 50% life and now I got to do it all over again... tomorrow... for now we survived today

Last edited:
Reactions: Kartongen
Consider killing pindle/eldritch/shenk a few times to gain some extra levels. You can kill them quite quick, and some levels can really help. And I would rather see a "destroyer" than a "deeds" pic.

5th wave at baal is always scary to me. So many times I've had to kill them 1 by 1. With amazon, liberal use of decoy helps alot for me. Decoy is also nice for the other waves, since if you place it just below the stairs Baal will Decrepify it and not you.

Reactions: NemoG
5th wave at baal is always scary to me. So many times I've had to kill them 1 by 1. With amazon, liberal use of decoy helps alot for me. Decoy is also nice for the other waves, since if you place it just below the stairs Baal will Decrepify it and not you.
Thanks for the tip, i didn't know that, I'll try. Yes i think lvl 34 is not enough, maybe 38 i'll try again and get a lvl in the throne room.
also my Valkyrie needs some extra lvls i think she dies from baal way too fast. everywhere else she is pretty good.

20220125_145910.jpg
Killed baal lvl 35, I went to NM to see my stats and kills speed. Still 92%fire res, got to admit that's nice. All except lightning is in + so not too bad. But I'll go back to normal till lvl40 and hopefully find a scythe in cows as I did find a sol rune so I can make insight.

Last edited:
A before the weekend update.

Amma 4 is still alive did act 1 NM but stayed to run the tower for 3 io runes, made Smoke armor and got to lvl 47.

Not to happy about my skills distribution made some mistakes but I already used one reskiller so not sure I am willing to use a second.

My Gear:
Helm: wormskull
Amu: Nokozan relic
Bow: edge runeword in long battle bow
Amour: Smoke runeword in field plate
Gloves: rare gauntlet with +Attack speed, fire and poison res and 22MF
Ring 1: Nagelring 25mf
Ring 2: rare with AR, cold res and MF
Belt: Rate with + str, cold,fire, poison red
Boots: Sigons

All ress not too bad lightning is only 25 but the rest us 75 or 85.

Overall happy to start NM questing now. Hope to finish act 2 and 3 this weekend.

The plan .. Dont die

Attachments

• 16434116730645464908344795784311.jpg
    16434116730645464908344795784311.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 6
Mid weekend update, things are going great!

Got lore helm, Redone the edge bow in a +bow skills bow. Killed duriel, mephisto and diablo.
Found a 4OS pole arm and my merc now has lvl 17 meditation aura so mana is no longer a huge issue. All res are above 50.

So at Lvl 58 at the start or NM act 5 and things look good. The ancients scare me a bit but one way to find out I suppose.

Reactions: Kartongen and Zyr
Amma the fourth got far but the elite hunters in the tower didn't leave her enough space, shot her though the door... good bye Fourth, I'll be remembered as the best effort.

Lvl 72, act 1, tower.
20220130_203858.jpg
20220130_203921.jpg

Rooting for you @NemoG. Have a similar Project on Switch, playing only Amazon. Decided to switch to Twinked for now and use the find from my previous characters that died, farthest I got was NM Ancients so far.

Reactions: NemoG
I was away for a while but yesterday killed andy lvl 48.
After MANY tower runs for runes i needed but! I finally got a SMOKE armour so i feel more confident to continue, got the skill book and staff in ACT 2 slowly but steady moving forwards.

Staying alive!

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High