Terror Zone Curiosity

Yori96

Nov 28, 2020
So I've been trying to figure out how I can tell what zones will be when to optimize my time playing, I'm enjoying terror zones but there are obviously more favorable zones, so I'm trying to see if there's a way to figure out which zones happen on what days ect.

This guy here figured it out on the switch, and it translates to PC but he doesn't seem to be interested in updating it constantly, I wonder how we can figure it out, there has to be a way?

Ok, I've ran in to something else quite interesting. I haven't done any boss farming in TZ's, however I was doing some walks through cata with my zon and was like well I should farm Andy with my sorc and see what happens.

I found a wolfhowl, a rare Hydra bow..... In th halfe hour or so I switched (Off Andy 100%)

Now I thought it was my understanding that bosses didn't change TC? How can Andy drop wolfhowl?

Is this the same for meph? Like boss farming has added potential now with terror zones or is Andy just bugged?

No, the only boss that doesn't change in Terror zones is Baal since he is already a 99.

Here's what Terror Zones do to monsters. Remember it is based on your character's current level. So to get the uniques to 99 you would need to be 94 or higher.
  • Base: +2 levels up to level 96
  • Champion: +4 levels up to level 98
  • Unique: +5 levels up to level 99
The link that @gregth shared wasn't correct when I tried it last week, but it is currently.

@LouB

I'd love to agree, but I have to disagree. I think you're right except for Mephisto, I think he's currently bugged and TZ doesn't do anything to his loot table. My easiest example of this is farming him for an hour straight and not seeing a single drop that is outside of his regular TC, however Andy dropped everything under the sun.

I just ran Pindle for an hour as that was the current TZ, got super close to seeing if he can drop 1/3 items he normally can not, found a rare spiderweb ha. I have seen a post that someone found Ty's off Pindle so that would confirm but it was just a picture of it ID'd not on the ground or anything.

I've also done some browsing and the consensus is that Meph is in fact bugged and TZ doesn't change him like it should.

I'd also like to say the EXP boost for farming Pindle was a lot better than I thought it would be, in 46 minutes I went from 74% of the way to 93 to 100% of the way. 26% of my bar at 92 in 46 minutes is pretty damn good leveling exp.

The link that was posted for the TZ's is correct, however the guy said in the original post that he's not updating it as it's far too much work, he does it off his switch, it's also in the reddit post I posted.

So then say you know the date and time of all the different TZ's you enjoy farming. Would it be bad to just switch to the time you want to play that zone? Makes it different/better than farming Pits all day that's for sure.

There have been YouTube videos about this ... but obviously it's a personal ethical issue if you want to change time settings to access particular TZ areas consistently, like Andy.

It's your computer and you can do whatever you want of course. It would/may impact you if you wanted to participate in giveaways or trades in SPF.

But yeah, running Andy terrorized for hours straight would be awesome. Currently, she drops amazing and is most viable.

Not impressed with other bosses or superuniques when terrorized in comparison.

I was playing a few days ago and the new zone upon a time change was Andy and I have a good map. I ran her for about 45 mins and got rarer uniques to drop plus a jah rune in that monster room before. It was crazy.

I'm to lazy to change the time back and fourth, was more so curious.

I just wish there was a more efficient way of knowing when the terror zones I want to run are happening.

If Meph is bugged, he's bugged. However, that doesn't change the chart that I posted. It comes directly from Blizzard's 2.5 patch notes. You also have to consider the change in the Act boss levels from the TZs. Andy goes from 75 to 99, Duriel from 88 to 99, Meph from 87 to 99. Diablo from 94 to 99 and Baal stays at 99. I think that everyone agrees that Andy is now fantastic. I've run Duriel several TZ sessions and while he has always been stingy for me I think that he is dropping better than he was. Baal doesn't drop any different since he was already a 99. I haven't noticed a difference with Nihlathak (95 to 99), but that may change once I've run him a couple of hundred times.

I normally don't have a lot of freedom to choose what time of the day I can play. Usually, just evenings. So, I can either play the TZ that are offered or do something else. I do get frustrated when the same TZ shows up 2 or even 3 nights in a row. Right now I'm more focused on getting my Wolfbarb to 99 than farming for items, but I've had quite a few high level items drop since the TZ started, so even the Bloody Moor can be productive.

Duriel has always been stingy for me. Same with nilly ... But that is probably because I ran then less.

Duriel is just a playthrough. Nilly I never did until the advent of key farming.

For me, in my experience, Andy has been the target that has been the most significant change in drops with regards to terror zones. But that's just my experience.

@bill_n_opus Totally agree. Never ran her much because she never seemed to drop much for me, but now it's like WOW!!. of course moving from level 75 to 99 has got to have something to do with it.

Now if I could get her to drop a few SoJs for me!

Got thinking about Duriel. While he's stingy he does drop some runes occasionally, On a recent TZ run he dropped a Cham rune for me. According to the data in the Info section the highest rune he can drop is a Ber. So he has upped his game in TZs.

Did you look up the drop rate for a beer from Duriel?

I did.

Ber Rune, Duriel in hell, players 8 100mf (although MF doesn't matter for runes)

1:68390

Using silospen dropcalc.

That's a very rare drop. Congrats man

I'd like to say Duriel has never given me anything but I think it gave me a Unique ring once....

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High