This tournament has already ended. It was originally posted by @T72on1 on Mar 29, 2016.
(link to original thread on diabloii.net)
(link to original thread on diabloii.net)
Welcome to my first little attempt at a tournament: the TC3 Hunting Tournament !!! In this thread players sign-up and talk about hunting TC3s. We had a little pre-tournament discussion about this, and it seems like we'll have 4 participants, but obviously the tournament is open to anyone, and it would be awesome if we would have more people enter.
What is the TC3 Hunting Tournament?
The TC3 Hunting Tournament is a contest where we try to farm as many different TC3 items as possible during a 2 week period, within a maximum amount of time for each character. Score will solely depend on the number of different TC3 items found. This wiki page contains a list of all unique and set TC3 items. All items can be dropped by Normal Andariel (a lot of them even from lower targets), except for the 4 items with a qlvl of >16. If you are seeking for advice to increase your efficiency at tracking down those TC3s, check out the TC3 hunting FAQ draft.
When is the TC3 Hunting Tournament?
Starts on Saturday 2th April at 00:00, ends on Friday 15th April 11:59pm.
Rules and info
1. Areas we run are: all areas up to Normal Halls of the Dead level 3; this includes the Sewers level 1 - 3 and Dry Hills; reason for this is that I want to keep it low-profile, but want to enable the cube, to turn those chipped and flawed topazes into perfect ones
2. Only version 1.13+ of the game.
3. HC or SC
4. Untwinked; muling items from the character to an external stash (GoMule or Atma) is allowed though
5. MP game to reset a map is allowed
6. Player setting is free; no increasing the /p setting just for chests or other poppables though
7. Max amount spent with one character is 15 hours; you can however enter the contest with multiple characters
8. This is just meant as a small, low profile challenge. There are no prizes, except for eternal glory if you manage to find all items one can find within' these areas (20 items); alternatively if all participants want this, I wouldn't mind having a small prize pool from the TC3s we'll find, but that would require for everyone to have a legit trade profile here
9. Every different (e.g. not already found) TC3 item grants you 1 point; readouts of all items can be posted here after the event; in case of a tie, the person who finds the highest total amount of TC3 items, wins
10. Gambling is allowed. TC3 items found while gambling, follow the same rules as TC3 items that drop
11. Reset at Akara is allowed
As has already been stated, every different TC3 item grants 1 point. These are all TC3s available:
- Pelta Lunata (Qlvl 3)
- Rixot's Keen (Qlvl 3)
- Biggin's Bonnet (Qlvl 4)
- Felloak (Qlvl 4)
- Gull (Qlvl 6)
- The Gnasher (Qlvl 7)
- Hotspur (Qlvl 7)
- Hand of Broc (Qlvl 7)
- Knell Striker (Qlvl 7)
- Bane Ash (Qlvl 7)
- Torch of Iro (Qlvl 7)
- Greyform (Qlvl 10)
- Lenymo (Qlvl 10)
- Pluckeye (Qlvl 10)
- Blinkbat's Form (Qlvl 16)
- Arctic Furs (Qlvl 3)
- Hsarus' Iron Fist (Qlvl 4)
- Infernal Cranium (Qlvl 7)
- Death's Hand (Qlvl 8)
- Death's Guard (Qlvl 8)
- Vidala's Ambush (Qlvl 19)
- Sander's Paragon (Qlvl 20)
- Tancred's Hobnails (Qlvl 27)
Tancred's Hobnails, Sander's Paragon and Vidala's Ambush can't drop in the selected areas. Blinkbat's Form can only drop from certain superuniques in act 2, as well as most bosses / champs there. Bane Ash can also drop this item.
In a lot of tournaments there is a supervisor, to whom you can send your results after the tournament period over. Since this is such a low-profile tournament, I suggest all participants just post their result (number of different TC3 items, total number of TC3 items and item readouts (edit: or screen shots)) in this thread, but not until the ending time of the tournament has passed for all participants. So people from Australia and New Zealand will have to wait a bit longer than us Euro people, and those two groups have to wait for people from US and Canada before posting any results .
Please don't post any info on how many TC3s you have found before the tournament is over, as that would ruin a lot of the fun.
Post any suggestions or questions you might have.
Good luck to everyone !!!
PS Post format shamelessly copy / pasted from @Gripphon's Winter 2016 Zodthon.
Edit: results can be found here.