TC3 - Chronicles of the Unwanted [Sept Planning & Progress]

Sep 12, 2013
quote-appear-weak-when-you-are-strong-and-strong-when-you-are-weak-sun-tzu-54-81-20.jpg

TREASURE CLASS 3 (TC 3)

TC 3 gives us a nice spread of 15 items to choose from. More than enough variety to arm a septumvirate of characters, with a MF weapon to spare!
Code:
- 1 Helm (Biggin's Bonnet)
- 2 Body Armor (Blinkbat's Form, Greyform)
- 1 Shield (Pelta Lunata)
- 1 Glove (The Hand of Broc)
- 1 Belt (Lenymo)
- 1 Boots (Hotspur)
- 8 Weapons
  1. Felloak
  2. Gull
  3. The Gnasher
  4. Knell Striker
  5. Pluckeye
  6. Bane Ash
  7. Rixot's Keen
  8. Torch of Iro

This could probably be adapted fairly easily into a TC3 Tournament. However, I am more interested in making these characters relatively strong (without twinking the c*#p out of them). Here are the item restrictions I will be imposing:
1. Each character will be assigned ONE TC3 weapon. This weapon must be equipped at all times. Exceptions allowed for weapon swap to prebuff, or if using Gull dagger as a MF switch.
2. ALL possible remaining item slots must be filled with TC3 items as soon as they can be equipped.
3. Upgrading/socketing TC3 items is allowed.
4. The ONLY allowed replacement for a TC3 item (excluding weapons) is through a personalized item by that character (maximum 3 items).
Other rules:
1. Single Pass
2. Untwinked* = I will be twinking all the TC3 items, AND allowing sharing of items between characters
3. All characters must remain within 1 act of each other to prevent twinking abuse
sFtFzbHX.jpg

Progress:
Code:
Name:               Class:              Build:              Level:
---------------     --------            --------------      -----
Iro                 Necromancer         Fishymancer         18
Broc                Paladin             Tesladin            18
Lenymo              Assassin            Phoenix/Trapper     18
Pluckeye            Amazon              Ice Maiden          18
Rixot               Barbarian           Zerker              18
Blinkbat            Sorceress           Bliz-Baller         18
Biggin              Druid               Rabies-Geddon       18

Last edited:
Iro - A1 Normal - Lvl 18
Screenshot476.jpg

A bit slow to get going, but once he gained a couple levels and got skeletons going, he was a breeze.

Found a Felloak before he could even equip all his TC3 gear!
Screenshot475.jpg
And a Pelta Lunata!
Screenshot477.jpg
What is this TC 6 garbage?
Screenshot478.jpg
That Topaz will come in handy after I pass it around and find a couple gem shrines.
Screenshot479.jpg

Reactions: SevenArkZ and Zyr
Oh, looking forward to following the progress on this one (y)

Once I finish my 2H Melee Sept, I’m doing a lesser skills Sept, but I’d also thought about doing an item-based or -themed Sept instead. So I will live vicariously and follow progress here closely.

Reactions: D2DC
Broc A1 Normal - Lvl 18
Screenshot481.jpg
KS started off strong, but is already turning into a bit of a slog..

Possibly the best lvl 1 Scepter I have ever seen! 😎
Screenshot482.jpg
Iro got an Eth from Countess ✅, and now Tal. ✅✅
Screenshot483.jpg
Screenshot484.jpg

Interesting, I will have to follow your progress. I don't think I have the patience to try something like this!

I've often used Biggins and Blinkbat on my beginning Rogues. I recently started a Bone Necro, currently at level 12, and put the following items on him without any thought of them being TC3 items. The first three because of the Mana provided.

Hand of Broc
Lenymo
Biggin's Bonnet
Torch of Iro
Blinkbat's Form

Reactions: Swamigoon and D2DC
Awesome reports so far!

Torch of Iro is the only TC3 (and only normal S/U) I have yet to find.

How do you imagine it's pronounced? Does it rhyme with "torch of zero" or "torch of eye roll?" 😜

Awesome reports so far!

Torch of Iro is the only TC3 (and only normal S/U) I have yet to find.

How do you imagine it's pronounced? Does it rhyme with "torch of zero" or "torch of eye roll?" 😜
Iro the hero, don't be a zero! :p

Lenymo A1 Normal - Lvl 18
Screenshot486.jpg
The plan was Phoenix Striker/Trap Hybrid. Both lvl 30 skills.. it's going to be painful until then! I considered doing Kicker/Trapper Hybrid. But that doesn't feel like I'm actually using The Gnasher. More like she'd just be carrying it around, even though it would utilize the CB and OW. I'm wondering if Blade Fury might be worth it? I do have an ethereal version of Gnasher! :p

Literally the 2nd monster out on the Moor. Not too shabby!
Screenshot485.jpg
Another TC3!!
Screenshot487.jpg

Reactions: PhineasB
Pluckeye A1 Normal - Lvl 18
Screenshot500.jpg
I know what you're thinking, "with that massive 3-digit enhanced dmg, he will go for a Strafer". Well, I focused on the mana leech and +2 MPK (and blue bow), and decided to make her an Ice Maiden. What was I thinking? :p

Blood Raven was a battle. She would either stand still and exchange arrows with me (hers hurt a bit more than mine)..
Screenshot497.jpg
Or, she would run around erratically, consecutively dodging about 30x of my arrows.. 😓
Screenshot499.jpg
I'll take that emerald though. Improvement on Rogue poison damage coming shortly!
Screenshot501.jpg

Reactions: Zyr and PhineasB
What was I thinking? :p
Yes, exactly the question I was wondering! Of the 8 TC3 weapons, I think Pluckeye is the one I would have skipped. Although I guess Felloak is pretty tough because you are intent on meleeing with weapons rather than just carrying them around, but I figure a Barb or Paladin could do something useful with it if double up'ed :unsure:

100% of nothing is still nothing :p But I guess it will do some reasonable-ish damage when up’ed? I definitely get the Frost Maiden choice though - I think that is a very good call!

Rixot A1 Normal - Lvl 18
Screenshot506.jpg
I'm thinking of going Berserk with Rixot. I mean, he has the other weapon slot open to find a nice hurty sword to go along with the CB on RK. He'd still have to deal with PIs, and I think may be a bit fragile with the other gear restrictions. Fingers crossed that a double upped RK will do decent damage with Berserk!

That will be nice. Need to get Perfect Emerald for upgrading ASAP.
Screenshot507.jpg
Had another topaz drop from Andy but botched the pic!

Blinkbat A1 Normal - Lvl 18
Screenshot511.jpg
Well, the +5 Fire Bolt is quite nice in A1. But, not sure what Bane Ash is going to be useful for after that.. I'm thinking of going with Bliz-Baller to pay homage to her Fire Bolt roots.

Fire resist. ☑️
Screenshot512.jpg
If only that were Amp or CE, it would surely be a prime candidate for Iro's personalization item.
Screenshot513.jpg
Screenshot514.jpg

Biggin A1 Normal - Lvl 18
Screenshot520.jpg
Civerb's Set set reboot! KB (and slow) worked well with a low damage weapon. Just poison and run around with Armageddon raining down, knocking monsters back occasionally.

Managed a single Perfect Topaz from all of A1. 😕
Screenshot521.jpg

Reactions: BBS_Agonistes
How does Armageddon happen when the Druid is only level 18?
I just tell my characters that I believe in them. And that they can do anything they set their minds to! :LOL:

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High