Stuck! Sorceress, Hell, Throne room and Baal.

KKW

Jan 22, 2022
Sooo I'm totally stuck and would love some advice.

I'm a lvl 83 sorceress struggling to work my way through the throne room even before the waves if baals minions.

I have.
Blizzard 26
Cold mastery 28
Nova 26
Lightning M 27
Ice blast 12

Running with tal rasha full set. It my extra gear that sucks i think.

Wall of eyeless bones held for the 20% FCR
Venomgrip demonise glove coz I've found no better
Natalyad foul mesh boots for Lightning resist and faster run
Wraith touch ring for strength to use top armour (been avoiding a respec till now)
Fortuitous ring of apprentice for FCR + MF

Merc is running insight to feed me mana.. a garbage helm with 3 PT for MF and haemostasis adamant cutlass.

Other than Tals set I've really struggled finding good gear.

Any suggestions to a different approach or gear I should be looking out for to help me beat this would be sweet.

Thanks in advance!!

My resistances in hell

Attachments

• 20220122_205324.jpg
    20220122_205324.jpg
    364 KB · Views: 6
Why on earth did you go cold/light hybrid?
Light needs full synergies + light mastery to rock and also 117% fcr

you put way too many points into cold mastery
-100 cold resistance is capped, all above is waste

i suggest respeccing to dedicated blizzard with maxed out synergies and merc taking care of cold immunes while you stun them with telekinesis

or go frozen orb and fireball/meteor route

Reactions: fezz and KKW
Yeah still learning here obviously. Was roughly following a thread from Yrs ago on cold/light. Seems I was short on skills, fcr and more making it useless.
Blizzard, maxed synergies and cold res no more than-100, cool. What sort of gear should I aim to have for my merc? Randomly found a tyraels might that I was tempted to throw on the merc... better than what he has atm.

Eth 4 socket polearm insight runeword
Eth treachery runeword armor
Tal helm or crown of thieves or vampire gaze

Cool, thanks.
I've got a spare tal helm and have insight. Treachery for the massive resist all chance for merc im assuming?

Resist and hidden physical dmg reduction and ias

If you're going to re-spec, be sure to put some points into Strength. Even Lidless Wall is a better option than Wall of the Eyeless (yes, those two names are very confusing and they even have similar benefits), but a Spirit Monarch is absolutely best-in-slot for a sorceress off-hand. The +2 Skills and (up to) 35% FCR cannot be matched by any other shield. While it doesn't really have any real drawbacks, it has no magic find nor any fire resistances, but it's not like those can't be made up elsewhere. You can always socket your Tal mask and put in a Ral rune if your fire res is lagging.

There aren't really many options for Sorcs regarding gloves and boots because A) they aren't part of the Tal set, B) none of them offer any Sorc specific bonuses, and C) many of the Elite class rares are sort of off-limits for Sorcs because they have Strength and Dex requirements beyond what most people put into their builds. Basically it's Chance Guards and War Traveler and not much else. Magefist offers FCR and a fire skill bonus and Frostburn offers a large mana bonus, so they do have some value for Sorcs but most sorceresses value vitality over energy anyway so they aren't particularly highly sought-after. They can both be found fairly easily, or bought with just a few gems.

Overall I would have to say that of all the sets in Diablo 2, Tal Rasha is the best one out there of any class. It offers strong skill and resistance bonuses, but I do consider the FCR bonus to be rather lackluster (just 50% total). Since the set takes up 5 pieces, that doesn't leave a lot of room to get FCR if you're looking to reach 200 (hint - you won't get anywhere near that with the Tal set, even with Magefist, 2x 10% FCR rings, and a perfect Spirit). I would argue that the bonuses offered by combining Heart of the Oak and Skin of the Vipermagi rival - if not outright surpass - those of the Tal set (HotO + SotV = 70% FCR, 50-75% all resistances, +4 skills for starters) and you can still get plenty of additional skills, resistances, and FCR with other great items like Spirit, the Shako, SOJ/Bul Kathos rings, etc.

But for sake of argument, let's just assume you intend to stick with Tal and that's awesome too. Respec your toon. GET SPIRIT. 35 is optimal, but really just try and get at least 30. Try and trade for a Sorc torch. Even a low one. They aren't cheap but they're still way less expensive than even a low anni. You can probably get a very low-end sorc torch for a Vex, maybe even 3 Ist depending on the seller.

Good luck.

Fezz, thanks for the response. Awesome information.. looks like I'm going farming!

The tal set is what I have so I went with that. Been trying for a skin of viper magi for ages and kept getting tal drops...

Thanks again!

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High