Sorceress Static Field - Stack it up early?

Use this prefix for Sorceress posts.

Elly

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 21, 2011
www.purediablo.com
I never played the Sorc in classic but I am having a go in the beta and so far I'm enjoying her. But I'm beginning to wonder about the wisdom of stacking 6 points early on into Static Field.

I've been playing multiplayer so I wanted to affect as big an area as possible for my team mates but of course that's at the cost of my own attack skills somewhat.

Is Static Field the sort of skill you put a couple points in and then think about expanding the range later on instead of how I've approached it? Stack it up asap!

I've always put one point into Static Field and let the +skills take care of the range. This means you need to have gear in mind, which won't happen easily if you are starting fresh.

The range is pretty terrible with just one point (even after a couple +skills from a spirit sword), so you'll need to get right in the monster's face for it to have any effect.

Since they added one respec per difficulty, you can pretty much dump your points where ever you want (within reason) and then respec once you unlock the higher level skills or think you want to go in a different direction.

I've always put one point into Static Field and let the +skills take care of the range. This means you need to have gear in mind, which won't happen easily if you are starting fresh.

The range is pretty terrible with just one point (even after a couple +skills from a spirit sword), so you'll need to get right in the monster's face for it to have any effect.

Since they added one respec per difficulty, you can pretty much dump your points where ever you want (within reason) and then respec once you unlock the higher level skills or think you want to go in a different direction.
I went with ramping up as my gear is awful. So far it's working okay but I'm only on normal difficulty. I've not used my respec yet. It's an incredibly powerful skill though. I'm very impressed with her so far.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High