Stargate SG-1 "Window of Opportunity" Mafia Game Thread (Game Over)

I've seen this theory a few different places: If holy water can kill vampires, why don't priests just bless clouds and let the rain kill them all? Obviously, only in Europe, Asia, Antarctica, Australia, and the Americas. Toto already blessed the rains down in Africa.

Toto the band, not the dog from the Wizard of Oz.

Reactions: HuckIt
ผมไม่พูดภาษาญี่ปุ่น ชีวิตคือบอลลูน คุณหมายถึงอะไร?

Ja też nie.

@Leopold Stotch
@D2DC
@d2lover
@Noodle
@Pyrotechnician
@HuckIt

I've kept those that have read the rules waiting long enough. Those that have not yet read the rules and made a post correctly stating that they have will still be subject to those rules regardless of if they have been read or not.

It is now Day 1, you may now freely start talking and voting.

The day will end on Sunday 08/23/2020 @ 7PM CST. I'll add a counter and other mod duty stuff when I get home from work.

Everyone is alive and well for the moment.

Have at it.

Vote Count 1.0:
Pyro: 1 (D2DC)

Order of Item picking

1. Leo
2. D2DC
3. D2lover

Did not bid and cannot pick an item today:

1. Noodle
2. Pyrotechnician
3. Huckit

Time left until the end of D1

I got everything I need in my stocking, thank you very much, Santa Gorny! Did anyone else have Christmas in August? Huckit, I'm looking at you.

Someone else got a stocking I know, because they were switched, so there are at least two. Who else got one?

@D2DC is your reasoning the spelling of the M word?
Yes.

The Malikai spelling is ONLY used in the flavor story (which was copied/pasted), and in the actual episode transcript. Pyro, who claims to have not read the rules shouldnt really know about the correct Malikai spelling. Unless it was in his role PM of course.

I believe it is a pointless vote however. Pretty sure from Gornys game notes, and reading the episode transcript, we need to find an item "Malikai's Viewer" (a photo of his dead wife) in order to win.

In the episode, Malikai is not defeated. He has a force shield etc, and the SG crew end up having to reason with him, convincing him to let go of his dead wife, in order to stop him.

We cant trade items, but can we trade our item selection position? Either to change selection order, or to effectively trade items?

As in, the NBA bans trading drafted players. But, whats the rule about trading/selling your draft pick? :unsure:

Its spelled Makakai. :cool:

Edit: Malakai 😆

VERY interesting. Malakai is spelled with an A in rule #8, which appears to be a mistake. As its spelled Malikai with an I in Gorny's flavor story (as well as the episode transcript). So, obviously Malikai is correct, and would have been used in his role PM. Did @Pyrotechnician just let his identity slip by knowing the correct spelling, who by his own admission hadnt read the rules fully? The only explanation is if he deemed the flavor story more important reading than the rules..

Furthermore, rule #8 is where Malakai (with an A) is identified as the anti-town player.

The flavor story talks about Malikai (with an I), but doesnt specifically put him forward as anti-town.

Conclusion: @Pyrotechnician certainly read rule #8. He either did not make it all the way to rule #22, or has forgotten/chose to ignore it. It is still a possibility, but looking unlikely that he would read the rules (up to #8, but not all the way to #22), then skip forward to the flavor story. He must have also verified the correct spelling from the wiki as well.. all without finishing up the rules..

OR, he KNEW the correct spelling because it was in his role PM.

I will be voting Pyro as soon as this gets underway.. ;)

Yes.

The Malikai spelling is ONLY used in the flavor story (which was copied/pasted), and in the actual episode transcript. Pyro, who claims to have not read the rules shouldnt really know about the correct Malikai spelling. Unless it was in his role PM of course.

I believe it is a pointless vote however. Pretty sure from Gornys game notes, and reading the episode transcript, we need to find an item "Malikai's Viewer" (a photo of his dead wife) in order to win.

In the episode, Malikai is not defeated. He has a force shield etc, and the SG crew end up having to reason with him, convincing him to let go of his dead wife, in order to stop him.

D2DC, I'm quoting all of your crazy just so you can see how crazy it is. Just FYI.

When the pre game started I skimmed through the rules and saw that most of them were standard except that a few had changed and there were box powers. Since things did change I wanted to go back and reread them to fully understand them before confirming that I did. Which is part of why I did not post anything about Kansas, Wizard of Oz or Dorothy.

Yes I read rule #8, that is what I used for the spelling of the name because I wanted to call you out and I used the first post as reference because I know jack all about stargate. You can't even seem to spell it right either though so confirmed confirmed you are obviously Malakikikiki. Either that or maybe you need the doctor to check you out again, because obviously your brain needs a recheck ;).

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High