SPUMF (Single Pass Untwinked Magic Find) Tourney II [by Cattleya]

Pb_pal

Mar 19, 2020
This tournament has already ended. It was originally posted by @Cattleya on May 1, 2006.
(link to original thread on diabloii.net)

SPUMF (Single Pass Untwinked Magic Find) Tourney II

With summer break only a few days away (well actually a month away if you count my summer class) I thought it would be a good time to start up a new SPUMF. This time around, the tourney will go for 8 months, which should give everyone a little more time, and allow people to take breaks from their character if they want. (Or if they are like me, time to play one of their other 60-bajillion characters.) I've also changed the scoring a bit, adding in the TC3 score with the other scored items. This will simplify things and take away the excessive weight that TC3s had in the last tourney. I also cut out a couple of the side contests that didn't get much response last time. You may start your character Wed, May 3rd at 12:01 AM your local time.

Anyone who wants to see the last SPUMF tourney can look here.

So, without any further ado, here are the rules.

Versions and Builds

Players need to declare their versions/mods when they enter the tourney.
  • Characters may be either SC or HC.
  • Players can use any version of the game they would like, yes even 1.00 Classic. Good luck with that one, though. 😁
  • The following mods are allowed: FE-Mod, Red Rune Mod (RRM), and the Runeword Mod (RWM)
  • Characters may use any build they wish. (Synergy bug in 1.10 and Ethereal Armor bug in 1.11 are fair game.)

Playing Rules
  • Characters only have one chance in each area to collect their shiney pixels. You may not rerun any areas at all. If you need to get from a WP in an area you have cleared to the next area, you may kill any monsters you have to, but you may not pick up any items that drop. [*1] You may not do runs for experience.
  • You may not kill the monsters in an area on one player setting, then increase the setting to pop chests or hork corpses.
  • You may use ATMA (or Fast User Switching) to mule items that have been found by the character on and off the character. Only items found by your character are allowed to be used.
  • Players need to declare if they will be participating in the prizes when they sign up. Players that decide to opt-in for the prizes need to understand that they may lose some of their items. Players who opt-out of the prizes get to keep all of their stuff, but they may not choose items at the end.

Tournament Timeframe
  • This tournament starts May 3, 2006 (12:01 AM your local time).
  • This tournament will go until January 8, 2007 (11:59 PM your local time). At that point, your character's score is final. The final score needs to be submitted by January 10th.
  • You can sign up a new character any time before the end of the tourney.
  • If you want to restart with a new character, your old character must be retired. Their score will be whatever it was at the time they retired. Only one character per player is eligible to be a winner in the tourney, but winners may choose items from any of your characters.

Side Contests

Side Contest - The Most Common S/U
So, what is the most commonly found set or unique? Is it that green breast plate, or that darn green ring? Keep track of the item that you have found the most of, and the person who collects the most of one single set/unique object wins this contest.

Side Contest - Biggest Pile of Gold and Green
It's not the quality of items that you find, it's the sheer number that counts, right? Every set and unique item you find (including duplicates) gets one point for this contest.

Scoring
The score will be made up of three numbers that will be added. Dead HC characters do not count any items that were on the character at the time of death. Items gambled by your character count towards your score.
  • Grail Points (GP): You will score one point for each set and unique item the first time you find it. Each type of rainbow facet counts separately.
  • Ethereal Grail Points (EGP): You will score 2 points for every ethereal set/unique you find. Both normal and ethereal versions of items count separately, so if you find a normal and ethereal Venom Ward, you will have 3 points total added to your score. Ethereal items do not count in the normal Grail Point (GP) score.
  • Scored Items (SI): Elite, jewelry, class specific items, and TC3s will make up this score. Score sheets can be found here. You will add up the points for your top 5 items in this catagory. You may count duplicate items in this score.

Prizes
  • Players may opt-out of the tourney prizes. They will not have to give up any items, but they will also not be allowed to pick any items if they win a category. Players may choose to participate in the prizes if they want to put their items up for grabs, even if they do not plan on taking any items should they win.
  • Players may set aside 2 items of their choosing to keep safe from being taken.
  • Winners may choose their items from any participant that they want. Keep in mind that moving items from one type of character to another (such as modded to unmmoded or HC to SC) could affect your trade/MP status.
  • Prizes will be chosen as follows:
    Ist Place: 5 items from any player (no more than 1 item from one player)
    2nd Place: 3 items from any player except the 1st place winner. (no more than 1 item from one player)
    3rd Place: 1 item from any player except the 1st or 2nd place winner.
    The Most Common S/U winner: 1 item from any player except the 1st, 2nd or 3rd place winner.
    The Biggest Pile of Gold and Green winner: 1 item from any player except the 1st, 2nd or 3rd place winner.

Notes
[1] If you have cleared WSK2 already, and in running from the WP to WSK3 something like a gold sacred armor drops, you don't have to abandon it. Just make sure that your character doesn't use the item, and of course it won't count towards your total in the tourney. Use your common sense here. 😃

Sign-Up and Progress Updates
To sign up, use the following format:

Forum Name: Cattleya
Character Name: Rialla
Character Class and Build: Sorc, FO/FB
Version: 1.11b HC, no mods
Participating in the Prizes: No

Progress Updates should be in the following format:

Forum Name:
Character Name:
Last WP:

Grail Points:
Ethereal Grail Points:
Scored Items:
Total:

Most Common Item:
Biggest Pile:

Grail Points = 1 point for each item the first time it is found
Ethereal Grail Points = 2 points for each ethereal item the first time it is found
Scored Items = Score from top 5 elite, jewelry, class specific, and TC3 items
Total = Add up those three

Most common item = list the item you have found the most of, and how many of that item you have found
Biggest Pile = 1 point for every set and unique, regular and ethereal. Count duplicate items in this score

I will update the progress table periodically. This way no one (besides me) has to fight with the code tags and it will keep the scrolling necessary to read the thread at a more tolerable level.

If we can use Softcore characters and there seem to be no restrictions on resurrections, why would anyone do hardcore?

Forum Name: AceOfSevens
Character Name: Mental Ellie
Character Class and Build: Sorceress, Blizzard
Version: 1.11b SC, no mods
Participating in prizes: yes
Can I continue with my old character? :hide:
I only play HC so thinking about playing SC is not even an option, I would lose interest. HC is a thrill ride :cool:

Forum Name: AeroGear
Character Name: PermaFrost
Character Class and Build: Paladin, FrostZealot
Version: 1.11 HC, no mods
I will play again.

Forum Name: zatlaren
Character Name: Vella
Character Class and Build: Lightning Trapper
Do you have a deadline for signup? The last SPUMF was a lot of fun, and 8 months sounds like even I might get further than the end of normal difficulty :rolleyes: , I just have to think of a build I'd like to try first.

(yes, I'm still alive, although it was a close shave. Sorry about not updating my score at the end of the old tournament, I wasn't feeling all that well around that time :undecided: )
Sweet, I'm in.

Forum Name: duckysmile
Character Name: Yoshimi
Character Class and Build: Martial Artist
Participating in the Prizes: Yes
AceOfSevens - Some people just prefer HC. This will likely be a mostly SC tourney, but I don't see any reason to ban HC. Personally, I'm hoping to improve my HC grail stats with the tourney.

Cassandra - There are no limits on when you sign up. (Although signing up January 1st might not get you very far. 😁 )
Well, the thread is 3 pages in, and I don't know how many people look that far back, so here's a bump.
Hmm...8 months...I probably won't start immediately (quest for knowledge and skilless have presedent, but are much shorter) but I can do this.

Forum Name: Starcrunch
Character Name: Bellerophon
Character Class and Build: Necromancer, Poison/Summoning Hybrid
Participating in prizes: No

-Starcrunch
Forum Name: Kool69
Character Name: ThunderThighs
Character Class and Build: Assassin/Trapper :jig:
Participating in the Prizes: Sure.
Well, just got knocked out of the Quest for Knowledge tourney, and I'll want a SC diversion, so I'll join round 2. I'd say count me out on prizes. Not sure on character, at the moment.
My first tournament... here we go

Forum Name: EventfulHoryzon
Character Name: FireMcBlades
Character Class and Build: Assassin, Fire Traps/Blade Fury
Cattleya said:
Cassandra - There are no limits on when you sign up. (Although signing up January 1st might not get you very far. 😁 )
*lol* by January 1st I'll probably have a toddler crawling around the house taking everything apart, so I won't get near the computer anyway :cool: . I'd rather try to get far quickly, while she's still content with being asleep in her crib.

Anyway, I've decided on another amazon, this time with elemental bow skills, although I'm not exactly sure how to build her yet.

Forum Name: Cassandra
Character Name: Sal-Vaya
Character Class and Build: elemental Bow-Amazon
Well, I decided to switch over to HC if thats okay with everyone...

Forum Name: duckysmile
Character Name: duckymancer
Character Class and Build: Necromancer, fishy
Awesome start for me. Ran into a boss pack of fallen right at the join between Blood Moor and Cold Plains. With a huge 0MF one of the minions dropped me a Biggins Bonnet.

Biggin's Bonnet 11.9
Ok....this seems long-termish enough for me to play...I don't want to get too involved with playing D2.
I'm in! 😁

Forum name: Hamburger
Character Name: Eve
Character Class and Build: Amazon, LF/to be decided :laugh:
Version: 1.11b SC RWM
Participating in the prizes: Yes

Edit:
I have a question! What about gambling?
I know it is unlikely, but it may happen...
Are S/U's acquired through gambling fair game?
Hamburger said:
I have a question! What about gambling?
I know it is unlikely, but it may happen...
Are S/U's acquired through gambling fair game?
They were fine in the first SPUMF, so I guess they'll count this time around, too. Btw, unlikely or not, my amazon in SPUMF1 gambled three greens and a gold (all tc3, too).
Great! Thanks for the quick reply!
I guess I'll muster as much gold as I can then :wink2:
In fact, this time I actually remembered to put it in the rules. (Under scoring.) 😃

I'm afraid I'll be to tired after my finals and tutoring tonight, but I'm going to try to at least clear out the Den. Let's see if I can get Corpsfire to cough up an Arctic Furs or something. 😃

Should we have some kind of table up, to keep track of progress and a teaser countdown like uniques/sets? Not used to coding with the forum form but I'm sure I could come up with something unless someone else wants to do it.

Forum name: AeroGear
Character Name: Rex
Character Class and Build: Paladin, FanaZealot
Version: 1.11, HC, No mods.
Participating in the prizes: Nope

Decided against the freeze zealer since I started it before the tourney and didnt bother doing full clears. This one should be able to handle everything that's sent his way.
I'll get the table set up soon, and I think that this time around, I will just post updates periodically. Otherwise, it gets to be a real pain to scroll through the thread with the table in every post.

I did manage to clear the Den of Evil with no finds so far. Part of me want to go on, but I'm afraid that would be a mistake with how tired I am right now. It would be really embarassing to lose a character in the Cold Plains. :shocked:
Halfway done with a FULL clear of act 1

Every crate, cracked and inspected
Every barrels, kicked to splinters
Every rock, overturned
Every chest, properly opened
Every corpse, inspected
Every tomb, desecrated
Every living or unliving creature, thoroughly killed

Needless to say, I found NOTHING! :cry:

The awesome killing speed of the zealot will be put to use in clearing the 7 tombs of Tal Rasha.... :wink2:
Okay, here is the table with everyone who has signed up so far. If I got anything wrong, just let me know so I can get it fixed for the next update. I will handle posting the table updates, just update your own characters using the format given in the first post.

[highlight]SPUMP Score[/highlight]
Code:
              | Character Name |  Version  |      |     |      |       |     
Forum Name    | Class/Build    |  Mods     |  GP  | EGP |  SI  | Total | Prize
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
zatlaren       Vella             1.11b SC      1     0    11.9    12.9     N
               Light. Trapsin    No mods  

Cattleya       Rialla            1.11b HC      0     0      0      0       N   
               FO/FB Sorc        No mods

AceOfSevens    Mental Ellie      1.11b SC      0     0      0      0       Y
               Blizz Sorc        No mods

AeroGear       Rex               1.11 HC       0     0      0      0       N
               FanaZealot        No mods  

duckysmile     duckymancer       1.11b HC      0     0      0      0       Y
               Fishy             No mods   

Starcrunch     Bellerophon       1.11b HC      0     0      0      0       N
               Poison/Sum Nec    No mods

Kool69         ThunderThighs     1.11b SC      0     0      0      0       Y
               Trapsin           No mods

EventfulHor    FireMcBlades      1.11b HC      0     0      0      0       Y
               BF/Trapsin        No mods

Cassandra      Sal-Vaya          1.11b HC      0     0      0      0       N
               Magezon           No mods     

Hamburger      Eve               1.11b SC      0     0      0      0       Y
               LF/Other Zon      RWM

[highlight]Side Contests Scoreboard[/highlight]
Code:
              |                |                      | Biggest |
Forum Name    | Character Name |   Most Common Item   | Pile    | Prize
------------------------------------------------------------------------
zatlaren       Vella             Biggins Bonnet - 1      1          N
Cattleya       Rialla            N/A                    N/A         N
AceOfSevens    Mental Ellie      N/A                    N/A         Y
AeroGear       Rex               N/A                    N/A         N
duckysmile     duckymancer       N/A                    N/A         Y
Starcrunch     Bellerophon       N/A                    N/A         N
Kool69         ThunderThighs     N/A                    N/A         Y
EventfulHor    FireMcBlades      N/A                    N/A         Y
Cassandra      Sal-Vaya          N/A                    N/A         N
Hamburger      Eve               N/A                    N/A         Y
I feel a bit guilty being the only RWM player so far.
I'll play this char in vanilla, just for the sake of this tournament....
Heck, I haven't installed it yet, I was going to....but I think not, to keep things fair.
Maybe if many RWM players join, I'll convert.
Else, it seems unfair.
Rex is dead! Stuck in a stupid doorway while battling Pitspawn Fouldog or something, crazy CE Cursed boss...will start over with same char/layout but not just yet, need to mourn him at least 1 day. Stupid rogue mercenary was stuck in a wall and didnt help at all.
Ok then, sign me up :)

Forum name: SkaMan
Character Name: Breedles
Character Class and Build: Assasin, Trapper
Version: 1.11b, HC, RWM
Participating in the prizes: No
I'm in!

Forum name: aitrus
Character Name: Venenum
Character Class and Build: Necro, poison
Version: 1.11b vanilla, SC
Me, me, me, me, me. No worries, but you missed me, Cattleya.

I started my least played character, after I've now finally discovered Assassins......a Sorceress.

Forum name: Billybgame
Character Name: MFingSorceress
Character Class and Build: Sorceress, Tri or Meteor/FO - unsure
Version: 1.11b RWM SC

Hamburger, no worries on RWM, either. There's lots of us, and it's pretty much readily accepted here.
I know it is accepted.
I said that because of the prizes.....because vanilla players won't take items from RWM players to prevent taint......
That's why it seemed unfair to me :hide: <--- (i love this smiley)
Forum name: Docturnal
Character Name:Docturnal_IV
Character Class and Build: Necro, Dentist
Version: 1.11b Vanilla, HC
Participating in the prizes: Nope

My effort to guardian a dentist will not be brought down by a simple lack of skills. Here we go!
Well....
I'm up to the black marsh....
Chipped topazoes have been abundant so far, luckily!
Bought a 3-os ring mail for both myself and my rogue.....that plus socketed headgear....we have 10 topazoes in total =D .
Add to that some 11%MF gloves I found...that's 101MF for the rogue's kills! 😁
Found "The Gnasher", so I guess it is a pretty decent start =D

The Gnasher 7.7
Clearing from start to blackmarsh entrance yielded:

Artic furs - 4.5
Felloak - 7.7
pelta lunata - 11.9

Rex was reincarnated into one lucky paladin, all with 0 MF.
So it begins...

Forum Name: Cormallon
Character Name: Iruma
Character Class and Build: Druid, fire elemental

Last WP: Cold plains

Iruma is level 7, cleared the Den of Evil and reached the first non-town WP. No set/uniques so far.
Rialla has finished Act 1. Her lone qualifier (a Stoutnail) came from Pitspawn. I think that Stoutnail was Alexa's first qualifier last time as well. I'm saving up her gold for level 22 when all gambled boots and leather gloves have a shot a 25% MF. Her MF is only at 46% (73% for merc kills) so hopefully I can improve that in the near future.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Character Name: Rialla
Last WP: Lut Gholein

Grail Points: 1
Ethereal Grail Points: 0
Scored Items: 0
Total: 1

Most Common Item: Stoutnail - 1
Biggest Pile: 1
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Last WP: Lost Oasis

Grail Points: 5
Scored Items: 11.9+7.7+4.5=24.1
Total: 29.1

Most Common Item: Felloak/Artic furs/The Dragon Chan/Berserker Headgear/Pelta Lunata - 1
Biggest Pile: 5
I'd like to join in as well:

Forum Name: hepcat
Character Name: Butch
Character Class and Build: Polearm WW Barb
Version: 1.11b SC, RRM

Sounds like fun. Thanks for organizing Cattleya!
Time to find the arcane sanctuary, having a lot of luck for the moment. Found 2 more uniques and 1 set. Can't wait to hit level 30, fanaticism should help with travel and killing speed.

Rex kills: 108% MF
Merc kills: 152% MF

Last WP: Lost City

Grail Points: 8
Scored Items: 11.9+7.7+4.5=24.1
Total: 32.1

Most Common Item: Felloak(1)/Artic furs(1)/The Dragon Chan(1)/Berserker Headgear(1)/Pelta Lunata(1)/Dimoak Hew(1)/Artic belt(1)/Skewer of Krintiz(1)
Biggest Pile: 8

Time for a sleeping break!
Rex died again! :cry:
Bested by Kaa the ancient or something, right before hitting level 28 while clearing my 4rth or fifth tomb. Had my finger on "4" keypad but alas, too late for the full rejuv to kick in while doing a zeal string of attacks, shouldve stacked more lightning resists...

He had such a great start too! Since it appears that I'm not meant to ever succeed in making a fanazealot, I decided to make a brand new char, with an homemade secret build which I'll try out. It's prolly been done before or its some kind of variant, we'll see...

So here we go again:

Character Name: Secret
Character Class and Build: HybridSin
Version: 1.11 HC, V4nill4
Participating in the Prizes: Nope!
Aerogear, I believe you can simply play an SC character and be killed as often as you want. I was the winner of the first SPUMF tournament, and my SC once-through magic finder was killed many times during the tournament.

Quickdeath said:
Aerogear, I believe you can simply play an SC character and be killed as often as you want. I was the winner of the first SPUMF tournament, and my SC once-through magic finder was killed many times during the tournament.
I know I know, I just can't go away from HC, its the only reason I still enjoy D2! Participating for fun, not to win :)
I dont trade and I only play self-found so winning is only optionnal, doing it out of curiosity.
Last WP: Outer cloister

Ethereal Grail Points: 2
Scored Items: Bane Ash - 23
Total: 26

Most Common Item: Cleglaws Claw - 2
Biggest Pile: 3

Quick update. I found an eth Bane Ash in Tristam, grailie ! A Gull would be far more useful here, but I certainly don't complain. Iruma also found a Wolf Head with +3 firestorm, he's lvl 18 now and kills quite fast. No problems thus far.
Character Name: Secret
Last WP: Lut Gholeim

Grail Points: 2
Total: 2

Most Common Item: Stoutnail (1), Skewer of Krintiz (1)
Biggest Pile: 2

Only found 3 chipped topaz during my whole act 1 clear, will spend some gamble money for MF boots/gloves fairly soon.
I'm ready to make my triumphant return to D2. And what better place to do it than a MF tourney?

I am *so* in. And, since I have 8 months, I might actually be able to finish.

Since I didn't actually finish my character last tournament, let's start her anew again!

For those not familiar with my naming conventions, they're always really bad jokes. I (re)introduce the beautiful, yet poisonous.... Eyvi. (Hah!)

Quoting myself in the original tourney:

Eyvi is actually a brainchild of my old TWD2 Amazon, Liselle, who was saved in Hell Ancients by her PJ charges on her Gargoyle's Bite. (Or whatever that thing is called. I'm was too lazy to look it up then, and I'm *still* too lazy now). She's put 20 points in PJ and PJ, and then the rest into D/E/A and her trusty Valky sidekick. I'm a little concerned about being pure poison, but I'll make up for it with all the snazzy equipment I'll find.

Progress will be later.

Forum Name: erimatbrad
Character: Eyvi
Version: 1.11b, no mods
Prizes: Sure, why not!
This looks like a good time, belive I'll sign up.👍

Forum Name: Parasox
Character: Tuxedo, WW barb
Version: 1.11b, no mods
Prizes: Yes
Well, I've decided not to install RWM.
Therefore, I'm a vanilla player now 😁 .
Here goes the update :

Forum Name: Hamburger

Grail Points: 4
Eth Grail Points: 0
Scored items: The Gnasher - 7.7
Total Score: 11.7

Most Common Item: The Gnasher, The Dragon Chang, Berserker's Headgear, Clegaw's Pincers(1)
Biggest Pile: 4

Well....I found a TON of chipped topazes, and 2 gem shrines.....and Andy dropped a topaz :rolleyes:
This results in.... 10 chipped topazes equipped, and 4 chipped and 2 regular topazes stashed.....
Even though, they didn't help me much until the Andy drop, which was pretty decent I think
Andy drop:
http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/4148/screenshot0020fy.jpg
I believe I got plenty failed uniques, I specifically remember a rare studded leather with triple durability.....
Anyway.
Stats:
90% MF for Eve's Kills
135% MF for rogue's Kills
Level 20
Still don't know with what besides CS/LF I'll go.....FA, GA, Strafe...meh, we'll see!
:fortuneteller: :hide:

EDIT: I was just reading the first SPUMF...why is there no rune hunt on this one?
Sigh...

No, not deeds, but random error 22...
I'll have to retire my current project from the tourney, I'll make another char eventually given the 8 month duration. Random crashes are getting in the way of full clears :sad2:
I'm going to check out the rules a bit more once I get home, but I'll join with

Forum Name: MadMachine
Character Name: DenofBarjack, FrenzyBarb
Version: 1.11b, no mods.
Prizes: Yes.
Hamburger said:
EDIT: I was just reading the first SPUMF...why is there no rune hunt on this one?
It turned out not to get a whole lot of interest, and I wanted to simplify the tourney a bit.
Update:

Last WP: Dry Hills (sewers not done yet)

Grail Points: 3
Scored Items: Bane Ash - 23
Total: 28

Most Common Item: Cleglaws Claw - 2, The Dragon Chang - 2
Biggest Pile: 6

In A2, I went for the cube as fast as possible and then cubed some of my chipped topazes. MF is now at about 30 for Iruma, and 48 for his rogue. After that, I cleared the rocky waste and the lower part of the dry hills, as well as the stony tomb. Two unique spears and a green (berserkers headgear). I spent a lot of money on gambling, but got nothing useful.

I tried fissure for the first time inside the tomb, I admit I don't fully understand how it works. Monsters fall quickly, although the listed damage is a lot lower than for firestorm... but firestorm kills a lot more slowly. I guess I will find out how to use the skills sooner or later, it's a long way to hell 😁
Forum Name: jiansonz
Character Name: Scorchie
Character Class and Build: Sorc, Blaze/Lightning
Version: 1.11 HC, no mods

Lots of time for this tournament, I like that!

I have been looking for a reason to play another Blaze sorc. Blaze is so addictive to use that I want to do it again... I think I have found a good variant: Blaze + Lightning/Chain Lightning. The build looks something like this:

STR: 75 (or so)
DEX: Enough for max blocking with a 'Rhyme' Tower Shield (or Heater)
VIT: all the rest

Blaze and Fire Mastery maxed: (41 points incl prerequisites)
Telekinesis/TP: (2 in total)
Static Field ~5

When I start in Hell (barring an early death), I will have 82 skill points in total. The above leaves me with 34 points to distribute between the lightning skills, and there will be an additional 14 points coming in during Hell. Any suggestions as to how I should do it? I have very little experience using these skills, but I think I like using Lightning more than Chain Lightning. What about the relation between Mastery/main skill? After the first point in Mastery, is it generally better to build up the Lightning or the Mastery the following levels?

I will try a cold rogue this time. That will give us four elements where we will do decent to strong damage.
Allways trust in Jiansonz to make my weirder builds look like cheesadins in comparison. The more of us non cookie cutters the merrier ;)
Might as well give it a shot. I'm going to go with a barb, because I have a feeling horking may be a serious advantage in this tourney. Then again, I can't sacrifice that many equipment slots for MF so that kind of evens it out.

Forum Name: DeePee
Character Name: Lucktard
Character Class and Build: Barbarian, Concentrating Horker
Version: 1.11b SC RWM

And here's my first update while I'm at it (P8 clear of everything before Stony Field, found nothing :<):

Character Name: Lucktard / lvl 12 / 18 MF
Last WP: Cold Plains

Grail Points: 0
Ethereal Grail Points:0
Total: 0

Most Common Item: n/a
Biggest Pile: n/a
Finally managed to play some, and found some, not much but it's a start...

Forum Name: aitrus
Character Name: Venenum
Last WP: Dry Hills

Scored Items: Cathan's Seal 0.1 😆
Total: 3.1

Most Common Item: Berserker's Headgear (1), Civerb's Ward (1), Cathan's Seal (1)
jiansonz said:
Any suggestions as to how I should do it? I have very little experience using these skills, but I think I like using Lightning more than Chain Lightning. What about the relation between Mastery/main skill? After the first point in Mastery, is it generally better to build up the Lightning or the Mastery the following levels?
I'm not sure with the mastery damage over synnergies, the damage % increase is based on the maximum damage from the skill, excluding bonuses from synnergies (I think). I prefer lightning over chain lightning, it can damage more ennemies than chain lightning and at least it targets the ennemies you want to target while chain lightning often jumps around hitting a minimal amount of ennemies not to mention lightning gets more damage from synnergies. Too bad thunderstorm doesnt give any synnergies, I love that spell :sad2:

Basicly, lightning is much better when ennemies are crowded or in line (doorways, narrow strips, etc.) while chain lightning is pretty situationnal, better when they are few mobs left and they are scattered.
First of all, this is my first post on these forums, guess I shoud give an intro. I used to play D2 a lot more, I just moved to an apartment with wireless internet!!! Great for feeding addictions. I've got a fishymancer on the US East Ladder, always play by myself. Anyways, this contest looks cool.

Forum Name: Alzakarr
Character Name: Sokket
Build:Concentrate Barb
Version:1.11b exp, no mods unless you count ATMA
Participating in prizes: no

One question: b/c gambling is allowed, there is a cube formula that allows for infinite gold:dagger+axe=throwing axe, you can always buy dagger/axe in act 1 normal, makes about 250 gold a shot. Takes forever, but could be an advantage in a contest like this. Allowed or no?
Alzakarr said:
One question: b/c gambling is allowed, there is a cube formula that allows for infinite gold:dagger+axe=throwing axe, you can always buy dagger/axe in act 1 normal, makes about 250 gold a shot. Takes forever, but could be an advantage in a contest like this. Allowed or no?
That sounds like a lot of work. 😃 However, I think it violates the spirit of this tournament, so my ruling is no.

Edit: But feel free to cube any daggers and axes you find for the extra gold if you want to.
Seems about right:cool: I know it would be too much work, I was thinking once everything gets cleared, you could probly gamble 6-7 rings a day until the tourney's over.

This reminds me of SP on the original Diablo, where everything didn't respawn.

Just cleared Blood Moor and Den of Evil. Found...1 chipped topaz. Yay.
Time for an update I guess....
Last WP: Canyon of the Magi

Scored items: The Gnasher- 7.7
Total: 12.7

Most Common Item: The Gnasher, The Dragon Chang, Berserker's Headgear, Clegaw's Pincers,Crushflange(1)

Well, I have to say my MF isn't helping me much.
Found at least 2 failed uniques(a voulge and some sword), and my MF for most A2 was around 100% for my kills and 145% for my rogue's kills....
The only "real" unique was Crushflange from a chest in the snake temple(I don't remember the location's exact name :hide: )
Meh, tough luck ^^
Before hitting the tombs I gambled a bit to improve my MF, and wasn't thrilled by the results, but not dissapointed either....I threw away some rares with MF, to use some magicals with more MF, but not the benefits from the other rare mods...well, this amazon can handle it!
Next Area: Canyon of the Magi
MF for Eve's kills: 131%
MF for rogue's kills: 176%

I can actually cube up a flawless topaz :fortuneteller: , but I dunno.....
AeroGear said:
I'm not sure with the mastery damage over synnergies, the damage % increase is based on the maximum damage from the skill, excluding bonuses from synnergies (I think). I prefer lightning over chain lightning, it can damage more ennemies than chain lightning and at least it targets the ennemies you want to target while chain lightning often jumps around hitting a minimal amount of ennemies not to mention lightning gets more damage from synnergies.

Basicly, lightning is much better when ennemies are crowded or in line (doorways, narrow strips, etc.) while chain lightning is pretty situationnal, better when they are few mobs left and they are scattered.
I tried out the build on an online skill planner, assuming +4 lightning skills.
If I want Lightning as my secondary skill (she´s still Blaze sorcie, first and foremost!), I should max that and then go for level 15 CL and level 12 LM in the end. For some reason, this leads to the highest Lightning damage. 14 CL and 13 LM would be the same. Other combinations gives slightly less damage.

Best order would be to pump Lightning first, get a point in Mastery at level 30, then max Lightning, then pump the other two skills at even speed.

No S/U items yet when my sorcie goes out in the Stony Field. 4 chipped topazes at work. Scorchie is level 12 and has just received the first point in her two main skills. She still fights with weapons, though.

I have played 'frugal hero' aka 'water_moon style' so far. Every item has been sold. I have even employed two Jewels of Avarice in my gear: one in weapon, one in shield (still one socket left in the shield).
I need to gamble MF gloves/boots as soon as possible, while I still have a good chance of TC3 items from monster drops.

Forum Name: AceOfSevens
Character Name: MentalEllie

Scored Items: 4.5
Total: 5.5

Most Common Item: Hsarus' Iron Fist (1)

I got going on this and played through all the cold plains areas. I finally found a green beneath the Burial grounds
"Greetings, stranger!"

"...Warriv, it's me. Eyvi. Remember?"

"...Well! If it isn't little miss 'I'm too good to save the world from evil'!"

"Ouch, Warriv, Ouch. Do we have to do this? I really could be spending my time, y'know, saving the world from evil."

...and so (re)begins the journey of Evyi. Not a lot of clearage has happened yet -- she's cleared through the Cold Plains, leaving the optional dungeon and the Burial Grounds for whenever I get around to playing again.

No greens or golds yet, but she does have 2 chipped topazes, which I'm sure will turn the tide any day now. I'm again impressed with the deadliness of the poison -- with 4 points in it, she's decimating enemies left and right.

So, yes. 0 points. Cold plains. For justice!
Extreme luck stroke again:

Update:

Scored Items: Bane Ash - 23, Torch of Iro - 23.1
Total: 53.1

Most Common Item: Cleglaws Claw - 2, The Dragon Chang - 2

First thing today was gambling a few boots and gloves, increased my MF by 15. Then a visit in the sewers. Nothing to be found there. Then, on my way towards the maggot lair, in the far oasis region, another TC3 grailie: Torch of Iro!
/strolls into the building

Why not?

Shermo
Shermreturn
HC

(If anyone has experience with getting CD images to work can they drop me a PM? I heard 1.11 broke it)
I think I got everything right, but if I didn't, let me know for the next update. Also, if you have any missing info (several people haven't stated if the are SC or HC) make sure to include it in your next update. Note that I haven't added new people to the Side Contests board if they don't have a score yet. I'll add you to that table once you have your first update with a score. 😃

Oh, yes, I almost forgot: Holy Crap Cormallon!

That will be all. :laugh:

Code:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cormallon      Iruma             1.11b SC      5     2    26.1    53.1     Y
               Fire Druid        No mods

zatlaren       Vella             1.11b SC      1     0    11.9    12.9     N

Hamburger      Eve               1.11b SC      5     0     7.7    12.7     Y
               LF/Other Zon      No mods

AceOfSevens    Mental Ellie      1.11b SC      1     0     4.5     5.5     Y

aitrus         Venenum           1.11b SC      3     0     0.1     3.1     N
               Poison Necro      No mods

Cattleya       Rialla            1.11b HC      1     0      0      1       N   

SkaMan         Breedles          1.11b HC      0     0      0      0       N
               Trapsin           RWM

Billybgame     MFingSorceress    1.11b SC      0     0      0      0       N
               Sorceress         RWM

Docturnal      Docturnal_IV      1.11b HC      0     0      0      0       N
               Dentist (Necro)   No mods

hepcat         Butch             1.11b SC      0     0      0      0       Y
               Pole WW Barb      RRM

erimatbrad     Eyvi              1.11b ?       0     0      0      0       Y
               Poison Zon        No mods

Parasox        Tuxedo            1.11b ?       0     0      0      0       Y
               WW barb           No mods

MadMachine     DenofBarjack      1.11b ?       0     0      0      0       Y
               Frenzy Barb       No mods

jiansonz       Scorchie          1.11 HC       0     0      0      0       N
               Blaze/Lighting    No mods 

DeePee         Lucktard          1.11b SC      0     0      0      0       N
               Conc Horker       RWM

Alzakarr       Sokket            1.11b ?       0     0      0      0       N
               Barb              No mods

Shermo         Shermreturn       ? HC          0     0      0      0       N
               ?                 ?

Code:
Hamburger      Eve               N/A                     5          Y
Cormallon      Iruma             Cleg Cl/Drag Chng - 2   3          Y
aitrus         Venenum           N/A                     3          N
zatlaren       Vella             N/A                     1          N
Cattleya       Rialla            N/A                     1          N
AceOfSevens    Mental Ellie      N/A                     1          Y

[highlight]Retired/Dead Characters[/highlight]
Code:
              | Character Name |  Version  |  
Forum Name    | Class/Build    |  Mods     | Total | Most Common | Pile | Prize
AeroGear       Rex               1.11 HC       0                            N

AeroGear       Rex (reincarnated)1.11 HC     32.1                    8      N

AeroGear       Secret            1.11 HC       2                     2      N
               HybridSin         No mods
Not much time to play, but we did clear out the Cave in the plains, and were rewarded with....

...nothing!

Then again, any time you don't die in Hardcore (I forgot to mention I was HC, as usual, so like how I snuck that in?), is a reward in and of itself. Poison continues to be a dominator, and superior throwing knives are a fun and easy way to rain death on my foes.

Some playtime will be found this weekend. Will gold or green? Stay tuned!
Character Name: DenofBarjack SC/ lvl 15 (or is it 16?)
Last WP: Black Marsh

Most Common Item: Arctic Furs (1)

First blood with an Arctic Furs from a Vile Hunter in the Stony Field! I've also collected about my own body weight in chipped gems! More luck and Andariel's head on my blade tomorrow!
Just finished A1. Andy didn't drop any set/uniques, but she did drop some nice rare jewellery, plus my other finds through A1 made up for it 😁

Forum Name: SkaMan

Scored Items: 15.5 (Rixot's Keen, Felloak, Cathan's Seal)
Total: 20.5

Most Common Item: N/A
Time for an update.

I guess luck is what you make of it. Carved my way through the Dark Forest, only 2 ctopaz so far, only 1 unique. On top of it all, FOUR failed uniques, although 1 was a katar, so I can't say I got screwed on that. Basically, this contest was looking like a nice way to get twink gear for my next necro.

Until I decided to do tristram before I went to bed. Knocked off a unique skellie archer, and there was a shiny gold...DAGGER! :) Oh happy happy.

Anyways, technical stuff:

Forum name:Alzakarr
Character Name:Sokket Consecrate Barb lv.15 SC 1.11b
Last WP:Dark Forest

Grail Points:2
Eth GP:0
Scored Items:14.4(Gull, Felloak)
Total:16.2

Most Common:n/a
Biggest Pile:2

MF:124

Great moments in horking: whacked a carver and got a ring for my troubles. Popped the body:scroll of identify. Very handy, don't you think?
If you wanted some math behind the numbers, here it is. Mastery and synergy bonuses are multiplicative with each other and with skill damage.

c = hard pts in CL
l = hard pts in LM
c+l = 27, l = 27-c
L = total pts in LM
L = l+4, hard points plus +skills
x = total modifier
s = synergy modifier
m = mastery modifier
x = s*m, synergy and mastery bonuses are multiplicative
s = 1+.08(c+1), CL gives 8% damage per hard point, and you have a prereq point in CB
m = 1+.5+.12*(L-1), equation for LM damage/level

therefore
x = [1+.08(c+1)]*[1.5+.12*(L-1)] substituting s,m into damage formula
= [1+.08(c+1)]*[1.5+.12*(l+3)] substituting for L
= [1+.08(c+1)]*[1.5+.12*(27-c+3)] substituting for l, l = 28-c
= [1+.08(c+1)]*[1.5+.12*(30-c)] combining terms
= -.0096c^2+.2784+5.508 combining terms
differentiating x with respect to c (yay high school calculus!)
dx/dc = -.0192c+.2784
set dx/dc = 0 to find the maximum
0 = -.0192c+.2784
c = 29/2 = 14.5 = 14 or 15
l = 13 or 12
L = 17 or 16

So you should put either 14 or 15 into CL, depending on which way you round. That leaves either 13 or 12 hard points left for LM. This is consistent with your skill calculator damage.

I'm exhausted right now, having been up about 24 hours straight. I'll pound out an equation for marginal gain from CL/LM sometime later today/tomorrow.
Thanks a bunch! 👍

It will be interesting getting good gear for this character. A standard Blaze sorcie does not need any extra mana or any Faster Cast at all, but she needs to be able to take a little more beating than most sorcies since she is often close to monsters. She also needs a bit of Faster Run (but not as much as some people may think, about 30% is good) to be effective. Her Lightning side benefits from typical caster gear a lot more. Then I need to get a substantial amount of MF in there, too...
2 more GP for Vella.

Completed up to the countess and found
Cleglaws Claw
Axe of Fechmar

Forum Name: zatlaren

Scored Items: Biggins Bonnet 11.9
Total: 14.9

Finished up to and cleared Dark Woods and rescued Cain. Still not a single unique/set - though I just put together my über 3x C.Topaz Ring Mail! I expect nothing but gold from now on!

Character Name: Lucktard / lvl 15
Last WP: Dark Woods

Biggest Pile: N/A
Just wanted to say you may not see a heck of a lot out of me on this one, for quite some time, as I want to concentrate on some earlier ending tournaments, and this one has lots of time to go.

That'll give me some lofty goals to shoot for!
Update after Duriel is dead and A2 is done:

Scored Items: Bane Ash - 23, Torch of Iro - 23.1, Civerb's Icon (x2) 1.8
Total: 57.9

Most Common Item: Cleglaws Claw - 2, The Dragon Chang - 2, Civerb#s Icon - 2
Biggest Pile: 12

Nothing from more gambling, it starts to get epensive. Iruma is level 28 (close to 29), and his fire damage is already good enough to bring him through normal and a good part of nightmare. Immunes will of course be a problem later on. His resistances are low of course, focusing on MF (about 70 or so, need more topazes). No deaths.
Character Name: DenofBarjack SC / lvl 22
Last WP: Sewers Lvl 2

I've traded in my Rogue Merc for a Spear Merc with Prayer. I've never used one like this before - I've usually gone with Def or BA. I'll trade him for a Might Merc later in NM.
I didn't get any good drops from Andy nor Radament, but it could be because of my abyssmal MF. I've increased it to 42% and my Merc has 60%. Hopefull venturing into the Desert will increase my chances.
Hmm, last WP is Kurast, of course. I shouldn't just copy & paste my previous update ....
Well, Butch won't be venturing to Vegas anytime soon. His luck has been nil.
Have found 6 or 7 chipped diamonds and amethysts, and 4 or 5 skulls, but only 3 chipped topazes. :cry:

Found a 10 FCR/10 MF ammy and a 7 MF ring bringing Butch's MF total up to 44%....merc---none.

Forum Name: hepcat
Character Name: Butch/lvl 15

Maybe my luck will change now that Cain is safe from harm. I have a date with the countess now. Onward ho!
This sounds like a fun tourney. I will join in as well.

Forum Name: kramph
Character Name: Hoode
Character Class and Build: Fishymancer
Participating in the Prizes: Sure

I have made my way to the Jail wp, and have found one item.

Last WP: Jail

Grail Points:1
Scored Items:11.9
Total:12.9

Most Common Item: Pelta Lunata
Biggest Pile:1
Scorchie the Blaze/Lightning sorc has rescued Cain. She has found only one scoring item but it was nice indeed: a Biggin´s Bonnet in Dark Wood.

She´s level 15 now and her two main skills are level 4. She still relies completely on her Scepter, Fiona the rogue, the occasional Static and (one of my favourite early game weapons) ethereal Throwing Knives.

I wanted to post two general comments about the tourney:

* I can´t see any other winner in this tournament other than a player who plays a SC barb with high level Find Item who horks every corpse and gets the merc to kill nearly every monster. (well, unless someone else finds a Tyrael´s...) :rolleyes:

* I think the scoring table is more than a little off. It´s probably good if you would play in level 85 areas exclusively, but for this tourney I think the TC3 items are valued far too much, and most high TC items are valued far too little (especially the set items).

I always play 'full clear once', so I have lots of item find statistics to fall back on. Granted, some of my characters have died before reaching some high-level areas and several characters are still in progress but over my entire D2 1.10/1.11 career, I have found (or gambled) all the TC3s except the rods and Sander´s cap multiple times but I have only seen a handful (like, less than 10) of S/U items in TCs over 76 or so. So, having a scoring of 11.9 for Biggin´s cap (which nearly all critters can drop, rare though it is) and then having a score of only 3.8 for any of Bul-Kathos´ swords (which can only be found in very few areas) is so far off it isn´t even funny considering that you will have hundreds as many chances to have Biggin´s cap drop.

Character Name: DenofBarjack SC / lvl 27
MF: 62 // 80

Total: 9.5

Most Common Item: Arctic Furs (1), Arctic Binding (1), Isenhart's Horns (1), Cathan's Rule (1), Civerb's Ward (1)

Finished everything including Arcane Sanctuary and had a little bit more luck. No uniques found yet, only a whole lot of sets that I wouldn't even pick up given normal circumstances. My merc is dumb as rocks and got stuck behind me in Arcane, then ported up ahead of me and got stuck there (he was too far ahead). I decided a bit of goatman on spearmerc action might smarten him up.

I like my twin 'Steel' falchions. Especially when they make enemies bleed like a stuck pig.:evil:
I have to agee w/jiansonz here....A Hand of Broc worth more than most of the TC87s??? please!
jiansonz said:
I have found (or gambled) all the TC3s except the rods and Sander´s cap multiple times but I have only seen a handful (like, less than 10) of S/U items in TCs over 76 or so. So, having a scoring of 11.9 for Biggin´s cap (which nearly all critters can drop, rare though it is) and then having a score of only 3.8 for any of Bul-Kathos´ swords (which can only be found in very few areas) is so far off it isn´t even funny considering that you will have hundreds as many chances to have Biggin´s cap drop.
I wondered the same thing, especially when I looked at the tables for items that could replace my two TC3 scores later on. But it's all relative. I never found these two in more than two years, playing quite some chars and doing a fair number of MF runs. I have three or four IKSCs, a Stormlash, a Death's Fathom, a Death's Web ... and more. For the sake of this tournament, almost any number assigned to any item would do. IF these items were so common, most chars will find them or similar high scoring TC3s. The effect would be that their score will be equal amoung the contestants and thus won't decide about win or loss.
I haven't even gotten past the Outer Cloister yet, haven't found one single S/U, and at a quick glance, I seemed to notice something amiss with the scoring. Well, Cormallon's score helped:wink3:

I'm not sure the first SPUMF had anything wrong with the scoring, beyond slight tweaking. I even liked the rune hunt, etc.
Time for an update, I guess...
Last WP: Upper Kurast

Grail Points: 10
Scored items: The Gnasher- 7.7
Total: 17.7

Most Common Item: Isenhart's Horns (2)
Biggest Pile: 11

Well....I don't know....seeing other's people luck(I won't say any names, I won't say Cormallon, I won't.... :laugh: ) I guess I haven't been doing well, at least not considering my amount of MF.
I've been running around with around 140% MF for me and 185% MF for my rogue(45% plus my 140%)...and results haven't been that impressive.

I'm starting to hate assassin claws - I have found both a failed set and a failed unique of that type :cry: .

I'm at lvl31 now, starting to use LF, 1 point valk, and still deciding on backup skill(FA maybe? seems to rely a bit less on a good bow than strafe).

I have cleared up to Kurast Bazaar and its temples(not the sewers though), then I ran to the Upper Kurast WP because it was late and I was tired.....

I'm also saving my topazes for future armors and helms(4 and 3 sockets respectively)...I have a flawless topaz(gem shrine), and 3 each of regular, flawed, and chipped topazez.

When is the sooner I can get these kind of equipment??(3 os headgear and 4os armor).

I also have another question for you guys.

I'm using two stahes for this tourney, one for storage of regular items(gems, runes, and such) and another one strictly for S/U's, in order to keep track of them easily....is there an easier solution to this? Some way to keep them all in one stash but still tell them apart from regular items?
Thans in advance, and good hunting!
:fortuneteller:
Hamburger said:
When is the sooner I can get these kind of equipment??(3 os headgear and 4os armor).
3s helm: Bug Normal Larzuk for an Artisan´s Great Helm. Clvl 39+ needed.

4s armor: Two ways:
* Find one in Nightmare. Can drop from Outer Cloister and onwards (and a few areas before that). The "lowliest" type, which also has the lowest STR requirement is Gothic Plate.
* Socket a Gothic/Full Plate that has an ilvl of at least 26. Larzuk or socket recipe (but recipe only has half chance of 4 sockets, and costs a PTopaz as well...Ouch!)

Hamburger said:
I'm using two stahes for this tourney, one for storage of regular items(gems, runes, and such) and another one strictly for S/U's, in order to keep track of them easily....is there an easier solution to this?

I don´t save the actual S/U items, I just write them down and put the data into a spreadsheet (which automatically calculates some of the scores) after a gaming session.
Time for an update...a lousy time in the black marsh/hole was more than made up for with a lovely tower...the gull be doing its work.

Forum Name:Alzakarr
Sokket lv 17 SC barb - the build has changed from consentrator to currently pure FI, I'm thinking of experimenting w/ stun as main attack skill.
Last WP:Black Marsh (cleared 3/4 Tamoe Highland + Pit also - power went out grrr.) I stopped counting my failed grailies cause it was too depressing.

Grail Points:6
Eth GP:0
Scored Items:31.9(Gull, Felloak, Death's Hand, Biggin's Bonnet)
Total:37.9 (someone tell me if I got some math wrong)

Most Common:n/a
Biggest Pile:6
MF:169, 196 merc kills

Great moments in horking: With 1 ctopaz in stash, I find another and head back to town to redo my armor. I replace my merc's current 9% armor with my 18%, and shop charsi's - lucky me, she has 3os ring mail. Socket it with 2 ctopaz's and head back in the field, and my first pop - another 9%! Yay!!!
Long live silly D2 tourneys!
I advanced a little further and found one more item: The Diggler (Ethereal)

Last WP: Lost Oasis

Grail Points:1
Ethereal Grail Points:2
Scored Items:11.9
Total:14.9

Most Common Item: Pelta Lunata / The Diggler
Biggest Pile:2
Character Name: Breedles (lvl 28)
Last WP: Kurast Docks

Scored Items: 15.5 (Rixot's Keen, Felloak, Cathan's Seal)
Total: 23.5

Most Common Item: The Diggler (2)
Biggest Pile: 10
A3 done, time for an update:

Last WP: Pandaemonium Fortress

Grail Points: 14
Scored Items: Bane Ash - 23, Torch of Iro - 23.1, Civerb's Icon (x2) 1.8, Nagelring 0.7
Total: 64.6

Most Common Item: Cleglaws Claw - 2, The Dragon Chang - 2, Civerb's Icon - 2, Hsaru's Iron Stay - 2, Isenhart's Lightbrand - 2
Biggest Pile: 19

Well, A3 was uneventful. Except that unhealthy trend of getting everything twice :shocked: I mean, there are so many items that can drop, why on earth do I already have 5 duplicates, this early in the game???

No death.
I'm officially entering this one. Figure it'll be a nice, fun, long-term project. :p

Forum Name: Telloran
Character Name: Icemelt
Character Class and Build: Some silly meteorb build
Version: 1.11 chocolate (I'm not a big fan of vanilla. :p)
Participating in the Prizes: Ja
Can you give me some of your MF stats, Cormallon? I'm jealous that you found a nagel. :greedy:
Whoops, I just realised I forgot the nagel that I found!

Character Name: Breedles (lvl 28)

Grail Points: 9
Scored Items: 16.2 (Rixot's Keen, Felloak, Cathan's Seal)
Total: 25.2

Biggest Pile: 11
Character Name: DenofBarjack SC / lvl 30
Last WP: Flayer Jungle
MF: 102 // 120

Grail Points: 9
Scored Items: 4.5 (Arctic Furs),
Total: 13.5

Most Common Item: Goreshovel (1), Arctic Furs (1), Arctic Binding (1), Isenhart's Horns (1), Cathan's Rule (1), Cathan's Mesh (1), Civerb's Ward (1), Civerb's Cudgel (1), Arcanna's Head (1)
Biggest Pile: 9

Wow, I am so impressed with the drops so far. I've increased my MF a bit and hope to see more results. I've never gone down into the Tunnel area in the Flayer Jungle before (not the one where you get the brain, the other one) and I know why! ANNOYING. 😁
Character Name: Icemelt (16/Meteorb)

Scored Items: Infernal Cranium (4.5)

Most Common Item: Infernal Cranium (1)
I worked my way through most of the false tombs and found a couple of items.

Grail Points:4
Scored Items: (Pelta Lunata) 11.9
Total:17.9

Most Common Item: Pelta Lunata / The Diggler (Ethereal) / Arctic Horn / Cleglaw’s Pincers / Gorefoot
Biggest Pile:5
No problem... here are my stats and current equip, for a total of 102% MF (+18% for merc):

-----------------------------------------
Character name : Iruma
Character type : Druid
Character level : 32
Character exp : 6830756

Strength : 50
Energy : 20
Dexterity : 60
Vitality : 70
Stat Points Rem : 40
Skill Points Rem: 0

Life : 211 / 211
Mana : 85 / 82
Stamina : 160 / 160

Gold (Inventory): 27336
Gold (Stash) : 354271

Superior Wolf Head
Defense: 13
Durability: 20 of 20
(Druid Only)
Required Strength: 16
Required Level: 3
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 8
Fingerprint: 0x5fb1cbe7
+12% Enhanced Defense
+3 to Firestorm (Druid Only)

Gemmed Chain Mail
Defense: 75
Durability: 45 of 45
Required Strength: 48
Required Level: 12
Item Level: 20
Fingerprint: 0xd1bd22ee
29% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Socketed (2: 2 used)

Topaz
Inserted into a Chain Mail

16% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Flawed Topaz
Inserted into a Chain Mail

13% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Required Level: 5

Leather Gloves of Chance
Defense: 3
Durability: 12 of 12
Required Level: 9
Fingerprint: 0xcd47f658
7% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Bitter Shank
Boots
Defense: 5
Durability: 12 of 12
Required Level: 9
Item Level: 18
Fingerprint: 0xf5d17567
+30% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +5%
Poison Resist +12%
8% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
10% Faster Hit Recovery
10% Chance to cast Level 3 Charged Bolt when struck

Nagelring
Ring
Required Level: 7
Item Level: 21
Fingerprint: 0x1eaf08fc
+57 to Attack Rating
Magic Damage Reduced by 3
Attacker Takes Damage of 3
22% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Amulet of Fortune
Item Level: 21
Fingerprint: 0x76ea48f8
21% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Fortuitous Ring of Remedy
Required Level: 8
Item Level: 22
Fingerprint: 0x4677f595
15% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Poison Length Reduced by 25%

Gale Buckle
Light Belt
Defense: 3
Durability: 13 of 14
Item Level: 22
Fingerprint: 0x4c4cc7fe
+3 to Mana
Lightning Resist +20%
Cold Resist +17%
78% Extra Gold from Monsters
Poison Length Reduced by 25%

Storm Edge
Dagger
One-Hand Damage: 1 to 4
Durability: 16 of 16
Required Level: 18
Dagger Class - Fast Attack Speed
Item Level: 28
Fingerprint: 0x418ba198
+51 to Attack Rating
Adds 30-70 fire damage
+7 poison damage over 3 seconds
6% Mana stolen per hit
Hit Causes Monster to Flee 50%

Glyph Shell
Small Shield
Defense: 12
Chance to Block: 25%
Durability: 16 of 16
Required Strength: 22
Required Level: 4
Item Level: 13
Fingerprint: 0x8c11381b
+11% Enhanced Defense
+15 to Attack Rating
All Resistances +7
+2 to Light Radius

Mercenary Items :

Superior Full Helm

Defense: 28
Durability: 34 of 35
Required Strength: 41
Fingerprint: 0x1ba989ae
+7% Enhanced Defense
Increase Maximum Durability 15%
Socketed (2: 0 used)

Gemmed Leather Armor
Defense: 17
Durability: 24 of 24
Required Strength: 15
Item Level: 1
Fingerprint: 0x473098d5
18% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Socketed (2: 2 used)

Chipped Topaz
Inserted into a Leather Armor

9% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Chipped Topaz
Inserted into a Leather Armor

9% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Glyph Bolt
Short Battle Bow
Two-Hand Damage: 7 to 19
Required Dexterity: 40
Required Strength: 30
Bow Class - Normal Attack Speed
Item Level: 23
Fingerprint: 0x48a16e7f
+49% Enhanced Damage
+12 to Attack Rating
+3 to Maximum Damage
Adds 8-12 fire damage
5% Chance to cast Level 1 Amplify Damage on striking
Socketed (1: 1 used)

Ruby
Inserted into a Short Battle Bow

Adds 8-12 fire damage

-----------------------------------------------------

I'm currently collecting topazes to replace the armour, and of course reroll rings and ammys with the 3 ring -> 1 ammy and vice versa recipe. That dagger I'm wearing is gambled, and not used much anymore, it's about time to replace it (club with +druid skills, or Gull 😁 ).
Wow, our items are comparable, no surprises there. Then you've just got better luck. Than me. Than all of us. 😁

OH right, I forgot about that recipe. I should definitely begin doing that.

At least Ormus gave a ring that wasn't COMPLETELY useless, only to Den.

10 fcr, 12 LR, 17 CR and another mod I can't remember.
When I started off last night I had a really good run of chipped topazes dropping. I had 5 in my stash by the time I cleared the first area and Den of Evil.

I haven't seen one since. :p

I did gamble for some nice rare boots and gloves though.

Boots are 10% runspeed w/ 13% MF, gloves are +1 mana after a kill w/ 11% MF. I socketed a ringmail with 3 chipped topaz and a helm with 2 (on my merc, since I'm wearing the Infernal Cranium I found), so I'm doing fairly well with my MF (69%) for only being up to the Black Marsh (just starting on Tamoe Highlands).

I think I've got a 10% FCR and 4% mana leach ring (don't remember offhand since I'm at work). I don't remember what my ammy is.

Grail Points:6
Scored Items: (Pelta Lunata / Nokozan Relic) 13.3
Total:21.3

Most Common Item: Pelta Lunata / The Diggler (Ethereal) / Arctic Horn / Cleglaw’s Pincers / Gorefoot / Nokozan Relic / Vidala’s Fetlock
Biggest Pile:7

Last WP: The Pandemonium Fortress

Grail Points:17
Scored Items: 16.2 (Rixot's Keen, Felloak, Cathan's Seal, Nagelring)
Total: 33.2

Biggest Pile: 20
Last WP: Lut Gholien

Grail Points:3
Scored Items: 4.5 (Infernal Cranium)
Total: 7.5
Most Common Item: Infernal Cranium (1), Blood Crescent (1), Serpent Lord (1)
Last WP: Worldstone Keep Level 2

Grail Points:27
Scored Items: 16.3 (Rixot's Keen, Felloak, Cathan's Seal (x2), Nagelring)
Total: 43.3

Most Common Item: Bezerker's Hatchet (4)
Biggest Pile: 35

Baal was a pushover on P8 with my traps doing > 1K damage. He gave me an ironstone :undecided: Still got the moomoos to do! Also found these boots:

Breedles' Fiend Nails
Heavy Boots
Defense: 6
Durability: 14 of 14
Kick Damage: 4 to 10
Required Strength: 18
Item Level: 33
Fingerprint: 0x871f12f0
Lightning Resist +13%
Cold Resist +34%
Poison Resist +35%
24% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
20% Faster Run/Walk

Looks like they'll be on Breedles 'til the end of the tourney!

I'm really enjoying this tourney Cattleya, I'm sorry I didn't sign up for the last one! I haven't done full clears in such a long time, and I've never played single-pass before, and it's a blast! Maybe I'll have to do a septavariate in this style 😁
Yeah, I've been having a ton of fun with this. Normally I just go through the zone, find the waypoints and the entrance to the next zone, then move on. I've probably got 4 or 5 hours invested in this so far and I've only just beaten Andariel on Normal.

I've gotten most of my gear from gambling. Got some nice 20% MF rare boots last night from it. I'm actually using the Serpent Lord staff I found. 2 or 3 swings and my mana bar is full, then I launch a full barrage of fireballs at monsters. :p
Character Name: DenofBarjack SC / lvl 32
Last WP: The Pandemonium Fortress
MF: 102 // 120

Grail Points: 17
Scored Items: 10.5 (Arctic Furs, Death's Guard, Nokozan Relic)
Total: 27.5

Most Common Item: I'll write in this once I actually find the same item twice...
Biggest Pile: 17

Act 3 was a bit more generous to me this time, I love MFing in all those buildings and ruins in the last three areas of the Act. Meph gave me a green breast plate, fantastic.

@telloran: Yeah, I like the Serpent Lord Staff too. My 'sin is using it in Act 2. Enemie die under a hail of shiruken that just don't stop. :)
Character Name: Icemelt - Meteorb/lvl.23
Last WP: Halls of the Dead - Level 2
MF: **

Total: 8.5

Most Common Item: No doubles yet...

Man... I'm having a dry spell here. I've found 1 item since the middle of Act 1. It's been raining yellow items for me though. I got a nice rare ring with replenish life 5, 14% MF and a few resists. Found another one immediately after with 3% Life Leach, FCR, and more resists. :D

I'm glad I just got my cube. Doing complete clears of areas nets a ton of chipped gems. I've been stashing the chipped gems off since I hit Act 2.
Quick update from me.

Sorc who has just hit act 5.

Was lucky enough to find a gull dagger off diablo so the MF is over 200 with a merc kill (easy enough to execute in normal with static).

Most common item: H boots, no less than four. One of which was gambled.

Not sure about the scoring, I'll have to look into it
Character Name: Icemelt - Meteorb/lvl.24
Last WP: Halls of the Dead - Level 2

Total: 9.5

Here's my jewelry that I found. Not to shabby.

Order Eye
Ring
Required Level: 10
Item Level: 15
Fingerprint: 0x4141dcf5
+6 to Mana
+28 to Attack Rating
Fire Resist +10%
3% Life stolen per hit
11% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

and...

Corruption Band
Ring
Item Level: 19
Fingerprint: 0x722978e2
+51 to Attack Rating
Fire Resist +5%
Replenish Life +5
+5 to Light Radius
Half Freeze Duration
5% Bonus to Attack Rating

..and the amulet (just found this morning. No MF, but it's pretty nice.

Vulpine Amulet of Regeneration
Required Level: 7
Item Level: 15
Fingerprint: 0x7c720513
Replenish Life +4
12% Damage Taken Goes to Mana
Err... my latest waypoint is The Lost City. Forgot to update that. :p
Update!

I think I got everything right, but if I didn't, let me know for the next update.

Code:
Cormallon      Iruma             1.11b SC     14     2    48.6    64.6     Y

SkaMan         Breedles          1.11b HC     27     0    16.3    43.3     N
               Trapsin           RWM

Alzakarr       Sokket            1.11b SC      6     0    31.9    37.9     N

MadMachine     DenofBarjack      1.11b SC     17     0    10.5    27.5     Y
               Frenzy Barb       No mods

kramph         Hoode             1.11b HC      6     2    11.9    21.3     Y

zatlaren       Vella             1.11b SC      3     0    11.9    14.9     N

Hamburger      Eve               1.11b SC     10     0     7.7    17.7     Y

jiansonz       Scorchie          1.11 HC       1     0    11.9    12.9     N

telloran       Icemelt           1.11 ?        5     0     4.5     9.5     Y
               Meteorb           Chocolate?

Sorceress         RWM

Pole WW Barb      RRM

erimatbrad     Eyvi              1.11b HC      0     0      0      0       Y

Conc Horker       RWM

?                 ?

Code:
SkaMan         Breedles          Berz. Hatchet - 4      35          N
Cormallon      Iruma             A bunch of crap - 2    19          Y
MadMachine     DenofBarjack      N/A                    17          Y
Hamburger      Eve               Isenhar't Horns - 2    11          Y
kramph         Hoode             N/A                     7          Y
telloran       Icemelt           N/A                     5          Y
Alzakarr       Sokket            N/A                     6          N
zatlaren       Vella             N/A                     3          N
jiansonz       Scorchie          N/A                     1          N

Code:

Lol... you can change me to 1.11 SC RRM/RWM tainted for the patch I'm using. I was just being an idiot when I wrote "1.11 chocolate". :p
I wasn't sure what Chocolate translated to, so I just left it in. :laugh: I'll fix it for the next update.
A4 done.

Last WP: Harrogath

Scored Items: Bane Ash - 23, Torch of Iro - 23.1, Civerb's Icon (x2) 1.8, Nagelring 0.7
Total: 67.6

Most Common Item: Isenhart's Lightbrand - 3
Biggest Pile: 23

Three more GPs, that's all I got from A4. Well, hellforge dropped a PTopaz, now I need a 3os armour... shopping time, I guess. I spent a lot of money on gambling again, no S/U ...

No death.
Small progress... small update.

Last WP: Kurast Bazaar

Grail Points:7
Total:22.3

Most Common Item: Pelta Lunata / The Diggler (Ethereal) / Arctic Horn / Cleglaw’s Pincers / Gorefoot / Nokozan Relic / Vidala’s Fetlock / Arctic Binding
Biggest Pile:8
I hope this isn't too dumb a question, but: If takes you multiple attempts to clear an area, do you get to keep all drops for all attempts or do you only keep the drops on your successful clearing of the area? Sorry for being so dense :embarassed:
You need to do whatever you can to keep to the spirit of "single pass." For safety reasons, you may need to clear an area to the next WP or from the last WP, but you may not use drops from these.

As far as multiple attempts are concerned, this generally shouldn't be an issue. If you die in an area and you can't get your corpse back, that area should be considered completed. (Unless you can clearly differentiate between cleared areas and uncleared areas.)
Just popping in for a short update on Sorchie the Blaze/Lightning sorceress. She and her trusty cold rogue have cleared the Countess´Tower Cellar. This is the first time I´ve killed her pack on /p8 after I learned that it means less runes (on average) than on lower settings. Trying to reduce the no-drop regarding items seemed more important than getting runes here in Normal. Got an Eld anyway.

That Biggin´s Bonnet is still our only S/U item. We have 9 chipped topazes at work now (1 empty socket) and Sorchie has found a puny MF amulet. She has also managed to gamble both gloves and boots 'of Fortune' (+21% and +24% MF). That´s now bad considering she´s only level 16 and both those item types (the most basic ones) need to be ilvl 17 to support 'of Fortune'.

Let´s see if The Pit, Fouldog or Bone Ash have anything for us...
Character Name: DenofBarjack SC / lvl 36
Last WP: Frigid Highlands
MF: 102 // 102

Grail Points: 24
Scored Items: 10.7 (Arctic Furs, Death's Guard, Nokozan Relic, Angelic Halo)
Total: 34.7

Most Common Item: I'll write in this once I actually find the same item twice...
Biggest Pile: 24

Diablo was a very long and very tough fight with disappointing returns on /p8. Hwannin's Blessing (the belt) was a real help to prevent his healing. I can never manage to get Hsaru's. Big D only dropped Sigon's Visor and a crapload of blues; that was after killing me three times. His Sanctuary has been the best area so far, netting me 3-4 GP.

Shenk did not drop much, and Eldritch gave me an Angelic Halo - I'm quivering with delight. No, really. I had to quit before reaching the next WP.

I gave my merc a new helm because I was sick of him using a 2 chipped topaz helm.
For future reference: act bosses don´t regenerate any life.
Meh...
Last WP: Frigid Highlands

Grail Points: 13
Scored items: The Gnasher- 7.7, Manald Heal - 0.8
Total: 21.5

Most Common Item: Isenhart's Horns (3)
Biggest Pile: 15

Not an impressive score, specially since I've been running around with 190 MF on me and 45 MF on my merc since A4...ah well :laugh: .
Going to kill Frigid Highlands now, wish me luck, heh...
(gl Hamburger!)
(thanks!)
:fortuneteller: :wink2:

jiansonz, Thanks... I could've sworn they did.
I was playing one time a while back and Big D healed himself, but again, it may have been a previous patch.

Thanks for the tip.
Forum Name: wilypueo
Character Name: Grin_Reaper
Character Class and Build: Necro/Fishymancer
Version: 1.11 vanilla SC

Hi folks I am relatively new to the SPF, as I played previously USWest ladder before burning out a couple seasons ago. This is my first tourney go--I've been checking out the tourney threads and this seemed a good one to get my feet wet in (though I had hoped the Trader's Anatomy one would get off the ground).
Act 3 complete. Mephisto dropped nothing of value.

Last WP: Pandemonium Fortress

Grail Points:10
Total:25.3

Most Common Item: Pelta Lunata / The Diggler (Ethereal) / Arctic Horn / Cleglaw’s Pincers / Gorefoot / Nokozan Relic / Vidala’s Fetlock / Arctic Binding / Hsarus Iron Heel / Hsarus Iron Stay / Deathspade
Biggest Pile:11
Act 1 Normal Complete

Last WP: Catacombs Level 2

Scored Items: 4.5 (Infernal Cranium)

Most Common Item: Infernal Cranium

Well, a boss pack in the Jail 1 dropped the Infernal Cranium for me, but Andariel et al gave me no love. The Countest, as far as runes go, dropped me a single El :cry: At least I am on the board though.
Hee, hee another update already 😁

Last WP: Halls of the Dead Level 2

Scored Items: 16.5 (Hand of Brock, Infernal Cranium)
Total: 18.5

Most Common Item: Infernal Cranium, Hand of Broc
Biggest Pile: 2

In Act 2, after getting the cube, Grin_Reaper got to level 22, and I started gambling like crazy as I was holding max gold at that point (I am guessing now I should have started gambling much earlier to improve my MF gear). I started gambling gloves and boots, and, on my 4th or 5th glove, I gambled the Hand of Brock! It took a long moment for me to register what had just happened. Well, my MF gear is revamped with gambled gloves and boots and a couple of flawed topaz and a topaz that was dropped by Andariel into an eth 3-socket ringmail I found while going after the cube. So Grin_Reaper's MF gear is now

Gemmed Cap 18 MF
Felicitous Amulet of Warding 8 MF/DR 1
Gemmed Ring Mail 42 MF/DEF 72
Ghoul Fist Leather Gloves 23 MF/+1 STR/PR 25/PLR 25
Felicitous Ring 7 MF
Ring of Chance 7 MF
Lapis Boots of Chance 12 MF/CR 17
TOTAL: 117

Merc's MF
Gemmed Cap 18 MF
Gemmed Leather Armor 18 MF
TOTAL: 36

I hope it doesn't take long for me to upgrade my jewelry, and I should be able to give my merc a decent upgrade before the end of Act 2 (merc will get Grin's armor if it looses to much dura). I did find my my merc an eth 2-soc voulge though, so that was nice. Hopefully, Grin_Reaper's MF bump shows some results . . . :scratch:
Act 2 Complete :prop:

Scored Items: 16.7 (Hand of Brock, Infernal Cranium, Cathan's Seal x2)
Total: 29.7

Most Common Item: Cathan's Seal x2
Biggest Pile: 14

Except for the 2 Cathan Seal's nothing on the score sheet dropped. The only green/gold item actually being utilized is a Razortine on my merc.

Updated MF Gear

Gemmed Full Helm 29 MF
Felicitous Amulet 10 MF
Gemmed Ethereal Ring Mail 42 MF
Storm Fist Heavy Gloves 25 MF/54 GF/20 FR/+2 STR <----Duriel dropped this for me with a couple greens and a couple other sold off rares
Felicitous Ring of Warding 12 MF
Ring of Chance 10 MF
Imp Tread Boots 20 MF/LR 14/FRW 10
TOTAL: 148

Merc's MF
Gemmed Cap 18 MF
Gemmed Leather Armor 18 MF
TOTAL: 36

Merc's gear will probably tweaked a tad before I start Act III.

I am really having more fun doing this then I did running the ladder. Only, I am getting tired of running back and forth to town to sell items, heh. Also, I am trying to figure out what I should be gambling for regularly at this point and what/when to use my imbue. Any suggestions??? :scratch:
Act 3 Complete

Grail Points: 21
Total: 37.7

Most Common Item: Cathan's Seal x2
Biggest Pile: 22

Mephisto was nice and dropped 2 Gold/1 Green for me. Unfortunately, since I now replaced the merc's Razortine with an eth Poleaxe, none of my Greens or Golds are actually being used :rolleyes:

Updated MF Gear:

Gemmed Full Helm 29 MF
Entrapping Amulet of Fortune 16 MF
Gemmed Breast Plate 42 MF
Storm Fist Heavy Gloves 25 MF/54 GF/20 FR/+2 STR
Fortuitous Ring of Warding 12 MF
Fortuitous Ring 13 MF
TOTAL: 157

Merc's MF
Gemmed Superior Full Helm 20 MF
TOTAL: 62

Gold Find: 171 :cool:
Act 4 complete.

Grail Points:13
Total:28.3

Most Common Item: Pelta Lunata / The Diggler (Ethereal) / Arctic Horn / Cleglaw’s Pincers / Gorefoot / Nokozan Relic / Vidala’s Fetlock / Arctic Binding / Hsarus Iron Heel / Hsarus Iron Stay / Deathspade / Raven Claw / Witherstring / Rattlecage
Biggest Pile:14
Act 4 Complete

Grail Points: 25
Total: 41.7

Most Common Item: Cathan's Seal x2, Isenhart's Case x2
Biggest Pile: 27

Diablo was a little tougher than I thought, but he ended up dropping 3 Greens for me. But gee whiz, still nothing Green or Gold used in my actual gear 👅

Updated MF Gear:

Gemmed Superior Full Helm 40 MF
Entrapping Amulet of Fortune 16 MF
Gemmed Breast Plate 42 MF
Storm Fist Heavy Gloves 25 MF/54 GF/20 FR/+2 STR
Fortuitous Ring of Warding 12 MF
Fortuitous Ring 13 MF
TOTAL: 168

Merc's MF
Gemmed Full Helm 29 MF
TOTAL: 71
Act 5 Complete

Grail Points: 32
Scored Items: 28.8 (Hand of Brock, Lenymo, Infernal Cranium, Angelico Halo, Cathan's Seal)
Total: 60.8

Most Common Item: Cathan's Seal x3
Biggest Pile: 37

Lenymo dropped in the Frozen River. Act also ended with a bang with 2 Golds in throne and Baal dropping 2 Green and a Gold. At first I thought Baal dropped Goldwrap for me, but then I realized it was Bladebuckle. 👅

Looking forward to killing cows tomorrow morning. 👍
Last thing I did tonight was gamble my money away, and making up for a lackluster NM Act 1 so far was getting The Mahim-Oak Curio at around my last 150K of gold. :cool: Probably finish up Act 1 tomorrow and mebbe get a start on Act 2.

Last WP: NM Outer Cloister

Grail Points: 41
Scored Items: 32.2 (Hand of Brock, Lenymo, Infernal Cranium, The Mahim-Oak Curio Amulet, Angelic Halo)
Total: 73.2

Most Common Item: Cathan's Seal x3
Biggest Pile: 46

Grin_Reaper's MF: 227
Merc's MF: 71
NM Act 2 Complete

Yay for Ali Baba 😁 Also, a Ko dropped in the Canyon of the Magi. Quite shocking as I have been hunting for one for my non-tourney fishymancer to make Wealth without success. Go figure.

I am pooped and might give Grin a rest for a while. We'll see . . .

Last WP: NM Kurast Docks

Grail Points: 58
Scored Items: 33.9 (Hand of Brock, Lenymo, Infernal Cranium, The Mahim-Oak Curio Amulet, Raven Frost)
Total: 91.9

Most Common Item: Cathan's Seal x5
Biggest Pile: 72

Grin_Reaper's MF: 362
Merc's MF: 82

Gold Find: 216
I guess it's time to catch up. A5 done, with a bit disappointing results. I got only 8 S/U, two of them duplicates. I expected a few more, just numbers... but it shouldn't be. Again gambled a lot, without results. Cows to do.

Last WP: Rogue camp (NM)

Grail Points: 23
Total: 73.6

Biggest Pile: 31
Done with normal....A5 proved to be more profitable than it's earlier counterparts, and even though baal dropped only one unique(and a failed set, and a failed unique) cows proved nice, dropping four S/U's, including Greyform 😁 (cow king I love j00), even though one was repeated(cathan's seal)
I can come back later for sockets and imbue, right? (even though I'll prolly use sockets right now)

Here goes my update:

Last WP: Rogue camp (NM)

Grail Points: 26
Scored Items: Cathan's Seal 0.1, Cathan's Sigil 0.9, Greyform 11.9, Manald Heal 0.8 , The Gnasher 7.7 = 21.4
Total: 47.4

Most Common Item: Isenhart's Horns - 3
Biggest Pile: 30
Yup. (You can also go back to normal if you want to shop or reset your map (not that that would do you much good in this tourney. 😃 )
NM Act 3 Complete

Hoped to do better, but could have done worse. Meph dropped me 1 gold after zip from Durance 1 & 2. No items worth mentioning except I did get Hwannin's Bill to drop for the merc early on at least.

Last WP: NM Pandemonium Fortress
Grail Points: 66
Scored Items: 33.9 (Hand of Brock, Lenymo, Infernal Cranium, The Mahim-Oak Curio Amulet, Raven Frost)
Total: 99.9

Biggest Pile: 86
I know this tourney will last for long but considering my time and other projects/tourneys and the fact that I haven't touched Venenum in a very very long time, I'll have to quit this one. Maybe you even kicked me out already =)
Just to be fair and let you know...
Good luck all and enjoy the tourney
Last WP: Lut Gholein (NM)

Grail Points: 33
Total: 84.6

Biggest Pile: 45

Normal cows gave me nothing. In A1, things started better, best find was a pair of chance guards. 14 S/U, and only 3 duplicates. It ended not so good, since I entered the cloister, nothing dropped, not even from Andariel. Gambling luck ... none. Hmm. Well, Duriel waits at the end of A2....
Character Name: Icemelt - Meteorb/lvl.25
Last WP: The Lost City

Grail Points: 6
Total: 10.5

Had a bit of time this morning, so I cleared out the Claw Viper Temple and Ancient Tunnels. Ended up with one Unique.

Meh.
Character Name: Icemelt - Meteorb/lvl.26
Last WP: Arcane Sanctuary

Grail Points: 7
Total: 11.5

Biggest Pile: 7

Played around for about an hour this morning. Got through two wings of the Arcane Sactuary with no Summoner. I had the infamous "Green Breastplate" drop from some random Hell Clan at the beginning of the first wing.

Character Name: Icemelt - Meteorb/lvl.27

Grail Points: 10
Total: 14.5

Killed Duriel. He dropped Cathan's mask. Had Civerb's mace and Hsaru's boots drop while clearing the tombs.
Character Name: Icemelt - Meteorb/lvl.28

Grail Points: 14

Made it up to the Flayer Jungle waypoint. Swampy Pits and Flayer Dungeon are cleared. Had 4 new items drop (Sander's Superstition, Stormguild, Steelgoad, and Bloodrise). Still no dupes and nothing new to score.
Character Name: DenofBarjack SC / lvl 41
Last WP: Crystalline Passage (haven't gotten Anya yet)
MF: 86 // 86

Grail Points: 26
Scored Items: 22.8 (Arctic Furs, Death's Guard, Nokozan Relic, Angelic Halo, Cathan's Seal, Hand of Broc)
Total: 48.8

Most Common Item: None of these things are quite like the others, none of these these things are just the same... No dubbels...
Biggest Pile: 26

That's the first time I've EVER done a full clear on both the Frigid Highlands and Arreat Plateau. It took quite a while too, but I only scored Cathan's from a SuperUnique whip boss on the latter. I swapped it for a measly 10 mf ring on my left hand.

I also changed my armor for an okay rare Gothic Plate, I've got 2 ptopazes and 2 flawless topazes ready for any helm or armor.

Hazade is doing well and it seems that he only loses life when a Moon Lord boss pack comes to play. It's not very hard with me and him on /p8; I rarely ever toss him a potion. When he levels, does the prayer aura increase in radius, the effect or both? It's kind of a non-question though because I'm going to switch to a Might merc once I hit A2 NM anyhow, but does anyone know?
Character Name: Icemelt - Meteorb/lvl.30
MF: 117

Grail Points: 18
Scored Items: Infernal Cranium (4.5), Cathan's Seal (0.1) = 4.6 total scored
Total: 22.6

Biggest Pile: 18

Killed Mephisto this morning. Dropped a Berserker's Helm and a bunch of yellow crap. Cathan's ring and Cathan's Mesh dropped as well in the past couple of days, plus some other craptastic set item that I can't recall, since I'm not at home.

Still no doubles. Got a whopping 0.1 points from my Cathan's Seal though!! :shocked:

@Madmachine: I think you can only score your top 5 scorable items, so you might have to lose that whopping 0.1 points from the Cathan's Seal. :laugh:
Oh right, I also loaded RRM and RWM so now from this morning onward, my characters are all tainted.
Forum Name: Ohomemgrande
Character Name: Spumf
Character Class and Build: Amazon focusing on killing with javellins
MF: 27%

Total points: 0

Most common item: nada
Biggest pile: 0

I actually started two days ago and was going to post when the forums went down for an upgrade. Anyway, I've cleared the cold plains and all associated bits there. I cleared the stony fields and then ran though the next areas to rescue Cain. I've managed to find some chipped topazes to get some basic starting MF gear and have so far found nothing...

-Jason
Last WP: Kurast Docks (NM)

Grail Points: 46
Total: 97.6

Most Common Item: Isenhart's Lightbrand and others - 3
Biggest Pile: 60

A2 is done. I found my first Isenhart's case, yeah. Again no luck with gambling, and no jewelry or TC3s. I still have about 1.000.000 gold in my stash, more gambling is coming up ;) No deaths yet, and my resists are finally up to a comfortable level due to The Ward with 49% res all. MF is well over 200, and can be pushed a bit more, once I find / gamble a +3 elemental skills circlet / coronet ... two sockets in such a thing with PTopazes would do. Enough MF to keep the ward and not going for Rhyme, perhaps.
@telloran Noooo! I lose a tenth of a point! This is what I get for not reading instructions! *hammers the floor in dismay*
Last WP: NM Harrogath
Grail Points: 68
Scored Items: 33.9 (Hand of Brock, Lenymo, Infernal

Cranium, The Mahim-Oak Curio Amulet, Raven Frost)
Total: 101.9

Biggest Pile: 92

Pretty sad Act 4 -- Only scored 2 grail points. Hellforge rune was an Io. However, I did find something I had been gambling for outside the tourney for a long time:

Bahamut's Ring of the Apprentice
Required Level: 37
Item Level: 57
Fingerprint: 0x615c22d3
+118 to Mana
10% Faster Cast Rate

Some plink critter dropped it--doesn't it always happen like that? Trying to build CRG's Charge Boltress. Now only need a Griffon's Eye, a Lightning Facet, and multiple Sprarking/FHR GCs . . .:rolleyes:
Last WP: Pandemonium Fortress (NM)

Grail Points: 57
Scored Items: Bane Ash - 23, Torch of Iro - 23.1, Nokozan Relic - 1.4, Civerb's Icon (x2) 1.8
Total: 109.3

Most Common Item: Cleglaw's Claw, Tancred's Crowbill - 4
Biggest Pile: 77

Mephisto is no more. He dropped Tancred's Crowbill and Hellplague, both of these I already had :cry: MF is a bit over 200, I'm still looking for some good headgear to socket. A3 took a while, but wasn't difficult. I died once, got distracted... well, it's SC, doesn't matter. I'm getting a bit concerned about FIs later on though. I thought Volcano / Boulder would slowly do the trick, but with volcano almost maxed and 6 points in molten boulder, these seem still useless. Perhaps I should spare the points to boulder and try creating some cold based backup... hmm.
Forum Name: Zatlaren

Scored Items: Biggins Bonnet 11.9
Total: 14.9

Most Common Item: Axe of Fechmar - 2

Finally played up to the end of act 1. Got 1 more item Bloodfist.
Forum Name: IRoK
Character Name: Tyme
Character Class/Build : Paladin / Tesladin
Version : 1.11b SC
Particapating in Prizes : Yes
Last WP: Rogue Encampment

Biggest Pile: N/A

Well i'll start up I guess...😁
Character Name: DenofBarjack SC / lvl 48
Last WP: Rogue Encampment [NM] (haven't done norm Cows yet)
MF: 68 // 108

Grail Points: 29
Scored Items: 22.7 (Arctic Furs, Death's Guard, Nokozan Relic, Angelic Halo, Hand of Broc)
Total: 51.7

Most Common Item: Berserker's Hatchet (2)
Biggest Pile: 30

Played until I got something to report, then I'll play my next tourney character for a while. Baal dropped a whopping 2 uniques and my first double set item, Berserker's hatchet. Hazade made the final hit on him so I'll attribute my luck to his 108 MF.
Update!

I think I got everything right, but if I didn't, let me know for the next update.

Code:
Cormallon      Iruma             1.11b SC     57     2    51.1   109.3     Y

wilypueo       Grin_Reaper       1.11 SC      68     0    33.9   101.9     Y
               Fishy             No Mods

MadMachine     DenofBarjack      1.11b SC     29     0    22.7    51.7     Y
               Frenzy Barb       RRM/RWM

Hamburger      Eve               1.11b SC     26     0    21.4    47.7     Y

Trapsin           RWM

kramph         Hoode             1.11b HC     13     2    13.3    28.3     Y

telloran       Icemelt           1.11 SC      18     0     4.6    22.6     Y
               Meteorb           RRM/RWM

zatlaren       Vella             1.11b SC      4     0    11.9    15.9     N

jiansonz       Scorchie          1.11 HC       1     0    11.9    12.9     N

Sorceress         RWM

Pole WW Barb      RRM

erimatbrad     Eyvi              1.11b HC      0     0      0      0       Y

Conc Horker       RWM

?                 ?

Ohomemgrande   Spumf             1.11 SC      0      0      0      0       N
               Javazon            No Mods

IRoK           Tyme              1.11b SC     0      0      0      0       Y
               Tesladin          ?

Code:
wilypueo       Grin_Reaper       Cathan's Seal - 5      92          Y
Cormallon      Iruma             Cl Claw, Tan Crow - 4  77          Y
MadMachine     DenofBarjack      berserker's Hatch - 2  30          Y
Hamburger      Eve               Isenhar't Horns - 3    30          Y
telloran       Icemelt           N/A                    18          Y
kramph         Hoode             N/A                    14          Y
zatlaren       Vella             Axe of Fechmar - 2      5          N
jiansonz       Scorchie          N/A                     1          N

Code:

My entry for the side contests is outdated. No big deal.
Wahoo! 3rd place! But only... 50.2 points behind second. Cormallon, wilypueo, you rats.
I just read (part) of this thread for the first time today. Looks like a good distraction from other chars so since the sign-up is open for some time yet I'd like to join in! I'll be playing HC vanilla and I won't be participating in prizes since I wouldn't take any anyway.

Forum Name: Crazy_Bear
Character Name: Ursula (Strafe/FA)
Last WP: Rogue Encampment
MF: 0 // 0

Most Common Item: None
Biggest Pile: 0
Long overdue update for me. :p From Normal Meph until i hit Baal, I had a grand total of one item drop. Fun stuff. Once I hit nightmare, they made up for it though. :p Andariel dropped 3 items for me (Skin of the Vipermagi, The Chieftain, and Angelic Halo).

Anyway...

Forum Name: telloran
Character Class/Build : Meteorb/Level 50
Version : 1.11b SC RRM/RWM taintage
Particapating in Prizes : Yes
Last WP: Far Oasis (Nightmare)

Grail Points: 33
Scored Items: Infernal Cranium (4.5), Angelic Wings (0.9), Angelic Halo (0.2), Cathan's Seal x2 (0.1 each) = 5.8
Total: 38.8

Most Common Item: Cathan's Seal (3)
Biggest Pile: 39
I know I'm brand new to the forum, but this looks like SOOOO much fun. I would love to get in on it.

I'm going to go back over the rules and the posts in the thread to make sure I've fully "got it," but here goes:

Forum Name: Shannon
Character Name: ShaeOfTheDead
Character Class and Build: Summoner Necro
Version: 1.11b SC, RRM RWM
Oh crap I better get started

@Cattleya : I'm vanilla btw 😃

A short update for me, short because there is nothing to report! She has cleared each and every monster/chest/stash up to the black marsh, including the hole in the marsh, but not the countess' tower. No green or gold yet...
2 chippies in a skullcap and a ring with 10% MF give her a start on MF gear.

Character Name: Ursula
Character Class/Build: Strafe/FA (current lvl 15)
Last WP: Black marsh
MF: 28 // 0

Update from playing on Sunday. I've found 2 Hel runes and a Lum rune so far, so now I'm hoping a 2 socket shield decided to drop so I can get some runeword action going. :p Unfortunately, it seems as though the Lum rune was the easy part. :p

Nothing new in scorable items except for a second Angelic Halo, so that adds a whopping 0.1 points to my scorable items...

Forum Name: telloran
Character Class/Build: Meteorb (level 57)
Last WP: Lower Kurast (NM)
MF: 203 worn

Grail Points: 43
Scored Items: Infernal Cranium (4.5), Angelic Wings (0.9), Angelic Halo x2 (0.2 each ), Cathan's Seal (0.1) = 5.9
Total: 48.9

Most Common Item: Cathan's Seal (5)
Biggest Pile: 58
Count me in on this as well, even if I am a bit late getting started. I went ahead and started my character up, and have made it as far as the Outer Cloister WP. Nothing so far, but I am up to 59 MF.

Forum Name: LacertaCK
Character Name: Aeronwy
Character Class/Build: Phoenix Strike Assassin
Last WP: Outer Cloister (N)

Version: 1.11b SC Vanilla
Participating in Prizes: No

Last WP: Arcane Sanctuary (Norm)
MF: 93

Scored Items: Nagelring x2 (0.7 x2),
Total: 5.4

Most Common Item: Nagelring (x2)

I got a Diggler today! And a second Nagelring! YAY!

--Shannon

Grail Points:8
Ethereal Grail Points: 2 (Crushflange)
Scored Items:Arcanna's Sign (6.8), Death's Hand (4.6), 2xCathan's Seal (.1x2)
Total: 21.6

Most Common Item: Cathan's Seal x 2
Last WP: Kurast Bazaar

Grail Points:11
Ethereal Grail Points: 2 (Crushflange)
Scored Items:Arcanna's Sign (6.8), Death's Hand (4.6), 3xCathan's Seal (.1x3)
Total: 24.7

Most Common Item: Cathan's Seal x 4
Biggest Pile: 15
Forum Name: Ohomemgrande
Character Name: Spumf
Character Class and Build: Amazon focusing on killing with javellins
MF: 27%
Last Waypoint: Outer Cloister

Scored Items: 2 (The Gnasher, 7.7, Arctic Furs, 4.5)
Total points: 14.2

Most common item: no duplicates yet
Biggest pile: 2
Been awhile . . .

Last WP: NM Crystalline Passage
Grail Points: 73
Total: 106.9

Biggest Pile: 99

It was very dry going until Grin hit the Crystalline Passage--all 5 Grail Points scored there and in rapid succession. Grin hasn't died yet but has had several near misses, including while saving Anya in the Underground River. Running around with negative resists and out come the Gloams. Grin was able to save Anya, but on trying to clear the level he got mobbed by Gloams when popping an Evil Urn--and since I have no honor, I ESC out. Oh well, it was about 80-90% cleared anyways. On to Glacial Trail probably next weekend.
Finally got a chance to play...

Haven't been able to play for weeks since I've been getting ready to go back to school (I'm a Latin teacher 😃 ). But finally got some free time this morning. Lovely!

-------------------
Last WP: Harrogath (Norm)
MF: 157

Scored Items: Nagelring x2 (0.7 x2), Cathan's Seal (0.1)

Most Common Item: Hsarus' Iron Heel (x3)
-----------------
I finally found some time to play last weekend and this weekend and have been having a blast. As you guys might know, I am relatively new to the SPF, so this tournament has been a great opportunity me (since I have limited time to play) to build up a character. I always enjoy playing the game straight through...getting all the quests and waypoints...so this tournament was perfect for me.

He'll be great to MF with after the tournament so I can start building up some other characters. I had a blizzball sorc during the 2nd b-net ladder season that I totally loved. I plan to rebuild her for my next character (good luck on finding a full Tal's set, though! haha!).

Anyway, I haven't been finding that many things yet...and NM Meph dropped me no gold or green at all. But I did find a Lem rune as well as two Sol runes and an Amn yesterday so I'm a very happy person. I also found a Martial Arts skiller with +6 dex! I also gambled a Sander's Taboo while trying to get some better MF gloves. I've never gambled a set or unique before, so that was exciting. Unfortunately, I'd already found two of them so I didn't get much score increase out of it.

----------------------------------------------------

MF: 249

Grail Points: 53
Scored Items: Tancred's Weird, (1.1), Civerb's Icon (0.9) Manald Heal (0.8 x2) Nagelring x2 (0.7 x1 but I have 2!)
Total: 57.

Most Common Item: Hsarus' Iron Heel (x3), Civerb's Ward (x3), Sander's Taboo (x3)

Biggest Pile: 69

----------------------------------------------------
Character Name: Scorchie, Level 24 Blaze/Lightning Sorceress
Last WP: Far Oasis, Normal

Scored Items: 11.9 (Biggin´s Bonnet)
Total: 18.9

Most Common Item: Arctic Binding (2)

Things are going pretty well for Scorchie and Fiona. Fiona does the killing, and Scorchie helps her with Teleport and Static Field. Scorchie also tanks sometimes (against fast meleers), but not very well because she´s still using her crappy 2s Small Shield with 2x Jewel of Avarice. Until she has gambled two MF Circlets, she will be more greedy than what´s healthy for her...

One things helps with the tanking, that is her Deathspade Axe. Let´s say 5 Sabre Cats are moving in. Two quick hits, then back off a few steps, and we have two blind cats just standing around. Tanking 3 cats is way easier than tanking 5...

On the switch, she has an orb with +3 to Ice Blast, plus Umbral Disk. Because of the life bonus and decent blocking, UD will be kept for the Duriel fight.

Yeah, the circlet gambling. It´s been lousy, not one Fortune or Luck circlet after over 20 tries. I have no less than 12 circlets worth >10k saved in a stash, to be sold in later acts.

Now I think I´ll go and use up most of my chippies to reroll two magical orbs. I have decided that Scorchie can´t afford my usual one-point wonder skills from the cold tree (SA, GS and FN; that´s 6 points) so I will try to get some of that from an orb instead. If I can get GS plus one more of the other two, I will be happy.
Didn´t quite get that, but this one is plenty good enough for now:

Ocher Sacred Globe of Energy
One-Hand Damage: 3 to 8
Durability: 15 of 30
(Sorceress Only)
Orb Class - Fast Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 25
Fingerprint: 0xb9ad3f57
+2 to Energy
+18 to Mana
Lightning Resist +20%
+3 to Fire Ball (Sorceress Only)
+1 to Glacial Spike (Sorceress Only)
+1 to Static Field (Sorceress Only)
Socketed (1: 0 used)

The coveted Glacal Spike, plus an extra level of SF (which makes it a lot more user friendly), 22 more mana, decent lightning resist. Also, guess where my first MF jewel will go...:badteeth:

I´ve been lucky to find two Ith runes already. Fiona uses them in a Superior (+1 max) 3s Composite Bow.

I found Milabrega´s Orb in the True Tomb, but Scorchie had only 40 STR and that shield requires 47. I should have seen that coming. Idiot! :bonk:

I happened to cube an Amulet of Strength (+3) which I saved. Killing Duriel got Scorchie to level 29, so now she uses that ammy and Mil´s shield (her MF ammy has only 10% at the moment, so this setup is better until the next level-up).

Character Name: Scorchie, Level 29 Blaze/Lightning Sorceress
Last WP: Kurast Docks, Normal

Grail Points: 11
Scored Items: 11.9 (Biggin´s Bonnet)
Total: 24.9

Most Common Item: Arctic Binding & Hsaru´s Iron Stay (2)
Act 3 is done. Nothing particularly exciting happened, really. :azn:
Some of the temples had some lively starts, and Champion Serpent Maguses are not be taken lightly (at least not if you are dead-set on getting Fiona to deal all the killing blows).

I sighed a bit when I saw a golden Axe drop. "Why can´t I get some other item from that TC instead of another Deathspade?", I thought. Then I saw that it was ethereal, so it was actually a great find.

But the contest I am most interested in is Biggest Pile, because that´s the one I can do the most about. I will probably not have a chance against any barbs, but I will try to beat most others.

Character Name: Scorchie, Level 32 Blaze/Lightning Sorceress
Last WP: Pandemonium Fortress, Normal

Grail Points: 16
Ethereal Grail Points: 4
Scored Items: 12.0 (Biggin´s Bonnet, Cathan´s Seal)
Total: 32

Most Common Item: Arctic Binding (3)

Grail Points: 59
Scored Items: Bane Ash - 23, Torch of Iro - 23.1, Nokozan Relic - 1.4, Civerb's Icon (x2) 1.8
Total: 111.3

Most Common Item: Cleglaw's Claw, Tancred's Crowbill - 4
Biggest Pile: 81

Time to update this one as well. A bit more than two months to go. I finished A4 NM, and as always, A4 didn't yield much. I hope A5 will be better. My fire druid had some problems with the FI foes in A4, and I tried molten boulder... works much better than volcano. I also found a club with +2 elemental skills in the CS, yeah.
Got totally bummed out when I lost my HC dentist to a random archer boss pack in the tower so Ill try one of the safe builds for a change. I have no experience with the build though so Ill probably fall anyways.

Forum Name: Docturnal
Character Name: Leniyuhl
Character Class and Build: Skellie/Fishymancer
While doing full clears with any character on p8 can be tedious I'm willing to wager that full clears in act 3 with a skelliemancer is among the most tedious of things. Especially when I didn't find any nice items. My findings so far are worse than usuall and usually I dont run around with over 150 mf in my gear.
At least I havent had to put an effort in. Just stand behind your undead friends and slander(curse) your enemies and their families.

Last WP: Rogue Enc(NM)

Grail Points: 28
Scored Items: Angelic Halo 0.2, Civerb's Icon 0.9
Total: 29.1

Most Common Item: Cathan's Mesh, Cleglaw's Pincers, Cleglaw's Tooth, Isenhart's Parry - 2
Biggest Pile: 32
Last WP: Rogue Encampment (H)

Grail Points: 76
Scored Items: Bane Ash - 23, Torch of Iro - 23.1, Dwarf Star - 1.9, Nokozan Relic - 1.4, Laying of Hands - 1.4
Total: 128.8

Most Common Item: Isenhart's Case, Cleglaw's Claw, Tancred's Crowbill - 4
Biggest Pile: 102

Act 5 is done, Iruma is close to level 74, and a lot of items dropped. Some of these were actually useful: Blade of Ali Baba is what I have on switch now, and a Husoldal Evo for my merc. From Baal, I got three items, one of them my first elite: Laying of Hands. Now, hell awaits me... and I still don't have a useful druid pelt :(
Last WP: Kurast Docks(NM)

Grail Points: 46
Scored Items: Angelic Halo 0.2, Civerb's Icon 0.9, Cathan's seal 0.9
Total: 52

Most Common Item: Cathan's Mesh, Cleglaw's Tooth, Isenhart's case - 3
Biggest Pile: 58

First near death encounter ocurred this time. Got cornered in the true tomb of tal rasha. Nothing special found, except an eth kelpie snare for my trusty might merc. As long as nothing is PI I am breezing through P8.
Character Name: Destroyer Scorchie, Level 49 Blaze/Lightning Sorceress
Last WP: Rogue Encampment, Nightmare

Grail Points: 22
Scored Items: 12.1 (Biggin´s Bonnet, Cathan´s Seal x2)
Total: 38.1

Most Common Item: Arctic Binding (4)
Biggest Pile: 34

Finally got my computer together, and could resume Scorchie´s adventures. Fancy graphics card and all; makes it incredibly easy to distinguish between rares and uniques that lie on the ground (I could never be quite sure before - it depended on the lighting, ground colour and my daily form...) Uniques look almost brown now. Anything so far has been completely lagless (super-dense Blaze flames, too...)for me, so watch out in future 'survival' tourneys, people!

I must say I am a bit scared of Nightmare. Scorchie has about 380 life, and her blocking sucks (Milabrega´s shield). Resist are:
Fire -22
Cold 8
Lightning 41

Finding a Shael (for Rhyme) would go a long way towards solving both problems, because Scorchie has enough DEX to get more blocking than what is listed on a shield.

Fiona used her 'IthIthIth' bow until Nihlathak´s temple, where a 2s Razor Bow dropped. The Zephyr wasn´t used long, though. One of Snapchip´s minions dropped a rare Composite Bow with +70% ED and 20% IAS. I upgraded it without much hesitation.
I was interested in how well I had done in Normal when it comes to Biggest Pile contest. Here are the numbers for all who have posted an update just after Normal:

wilypueo: 35 (with cow level left)
jiansonz: 34
Docturnal: 32
Cormallon: 31 (with cow level left)
MadMachine: 30 (with cow level left)
Hamburger: 30
Shannon: 23 (with Act 5 + cows still to do)
telloran: 19

So it looks like I am doing quite well so far. :azn:
I had bad luck with topazes for most of act 5, and Cow level only produced a measly Topaz (I had about 4-5 drops of all other gem types except skulls :rant:)

Of course, Fiona may not be able to score all the kills from here on, now that Static Field won´t do anything to bring down the last 33% of the monsters´life. I´ll do my utmost to get Fiona to kill the bosses, though. Stopping regeneration with Pilum of Anthrax, followed by backwards teleporting should do the trick against the beasties that are too dangerous to tank.

Hi Jiansonz, good to see you back :) Interesting numbers you collected, seems we are all on similiar routes. And that reminds me not to forget NM cows ;)

I guess the final score will vastly depend on luck in hell... some TC87 could easily turn the tide.
Character Name: Destroyer Scorchie, Level 50 Blaze/Lightning Sorceress
Hard-working Mercenary: Fiona of the Sightless Eye, aka Ice Queen :azn:
Last WP: Black Marsh, Nightmare
Magic Find value: +369% for Fiona´s kills, +258% otherwise

Grail Points: 31
Scored Items: 12.1 (Biggin´s Bonnet, Cathan´s Seal x2)
Total: 47.1

Most Common Item: Arctic Binding (4)
Biggest Pile: 44

Halfway though act 1 NM. To my surprise, it hasn´t been too hard to stay in 'Fiona kills all' mode. Then again, she only has to remove the last 1/3 life and Scorchie can freeze almost every meleer. That means we only need a little space to fight, and we will win.

The drops of greens and golds seem to have increased. This half of an act produced 10, which are as many as I found in the entire act 5 Normal (which is huge), and only one was an item I´ve seen before.

I got quite lucky with a bunch of flawless topazes in this part, and I found 3 Gem Shrines!

The scariest place in the act is coming up next: Pit level 2. I feel a need for more firepower for Fiona there. I had found both Blastbark and Hellclap, and I though about an upgrade. I found it to be a tough decision, so I actually did some number crunching to decide which one would be best.
Imp Hold (current rare Double Bow) does 18-45 damage plus 1-13 lightning damage, with an attack speed of 12 fpa
Upgraded Hellclap will do about 27-69 damage (I did try to factor in the DEX bonus here), plus 15-30 fire damage, 14 fpa
Upgraded Blastbark will do about 21-106 damage, 17 fpa

I compared how much damage she would do over the course of 10 seconds, assuming she fires all the time, always hits, and monsters have no resists. Hellclap was clearly the winner, so I upgraded it.

I will try to gamble a Ferocious rare Composite Bow later, because that will upgrade to an even better bow. Need to find a Thul or an Amn for such an upgrade, though...
Just noticed this thread; looks like fun :)

One question before signing up though: Is it allowed to use, for instance, /players 8 for Normal and NM, and then switching to /players 1 for Hell?
And so Im dead. I exited my town portal into one of Meph's Blizzards and due to my lack of resists and frw I couldnt get out in time. Thats what I get for playing on p8 with only my merc able to deal damage i guess. I'll update my score in a few days. Good luck to the rest of you.
Sorry to hear about the death Docturnal. I think Meph is a lot more dangerous than people give him credit for.

Are said:
Just noticed this thread; looks like fun :)

One question before signing up though: Is it allowed to use, for instance, /players 8 for Normal and NM, and then switching to /players 1 for Hell?
That's fine. You can even use /p8 to clear areas and switch to /p1 for bosses. As long as you don't change the setting to pop chests. (In other words, kill the monsters in an area on /p1 then up the setting to /p8 to pop the chests.
Last WP: NM WSK
Grail Points: 79
Scored Items: 44 (Hand of Brock x2, Lenymo, Infernal Cranium, The Mahim-Oak Curio Amulet)
Total: 123

Most Common Item: Cathan's Seal x6
Biggest Pile: 110

Finished NM except for Cows. No real items of real use dropped the rest of Act V, but I did score well with another Hand of Brock found.
Character Name: Destroyer Scorchie, Level 53 Blaze/Lightning Sorceress
Last WP: Lut Gholein, Nightmare
Magic Find value: +419% for Fiona´s kills, +308% otherwise

Grail Points: 39
Scored Items: 13.3 (Biggin´s Bonnet, Tancred´s Weird, Cathan´s Seal x3)
Total: 56.3

Most Common Item: Arctic Binding (5)
Biggest Pile: 56

Had some good finds lately. One of those rogue corpses in Pit level 2 coughed up my first Shael rune. Very nice. Then I found Tancred´s amulet, plus the weapon not long after. The MF value on that 1h-weapon/ammy combo is very hard to beat, and here I have a character that can actually make progress in NM while holding these (otherwise really crappy) items!

I still want Glacial Spike available, especially against resurrectors. My original plan has now changed, becuase I will spend the next three points to get a 'native' Glacial Spike. Then there are only 2 points more to invest and I can get my beloved Shiver Armor, too...I guess my end-game Lightning damage just went down a bit.

So now I hold Tancred´s Crowbill and a Rhyme Bone Shield, with the Ocher orb with GS and a Terror shield on switch. Being able to cast GS with Tancred´s weapon in the hand will be a big plus, and it will also allow me to keep this really cool weapon on the switch:

Armageddon Hew
Balanced Axe

Throw Damage: 14 to 15
One-Hand Damage: 7 to 10
Quantity: 150
Required Dexterity: 57
Axe Class - Fast Attack Speed
+22 to Attack Rating
+2 to Minimum Damage
Lightning Resist +8%
Prevent Monster Heal
5% Chance to cast Level 1 Amplify Damage on striking
Increased Stack Size

Ranged PMH and CtC Amp on a reasonably fast weapon with a big stack. Me like! 😃
(now I have it in the in-game stash in case I need it)
Last WP: Lut Gholien Hell
Grail Points: 86
Scored Items: 44 (Hand of Brock x2, Lenymo, Infernal Cranium, The Mahim-Oak Curio Amulet)
Total: 134

Most Common Item: Cathan's Seal x7
Biggest Pile: 122

Act 1 Hell complete--pretty disappointing drops.
Character Name: Destroyer Scorchie, Level 57 Blaze/Lightning Sorceress
Last WP: Lost City, Nightmare
Magic Find value: not quite sure, a little higher than before

Grail Points: 42
Scored Items: 13.4 (Biggin´s Bonnet, Tancred´s Weird, Angelic Halo, Cathan´s Seal x2)
Total: 59.4

Biggest Pile: 62

Because of the nature of this tournament, I have now done something that is normally pretty daft: used my Larzuk reward to make a 4s Gothic Plate. Between Scorchie and Fiona, there is now a total of 8 perfect topazes put to work. Hopefully I can get to a full 14 over the next act and a half.

Best drop this act-half was an Amn rune. I can now upgrade a bow for Fiona if I manage to gamble a good Ferocious rare. However, I have also found a 2s Cutlass, the perfect weapon to make Strength in. I want that for the Duriel fight, so I guess Fiona is stuck with the upgraded Hellclap a while longer. She definitely needs a bigger bow, and soon. Any of the exceptional unique bows would rock.

Pretty intense gameplay in Claw Viper Temple, and on the last floor of Halls of the Dead. The Terror shield proved its worth when we went up against mummy sarcophagi. Get in position and block it, scare off the Dried Corpses, Static the sarcophagus down to 1/3, hit it with a PMH axe, then either rely on Fiona to destroy it, or spam Lightning if needed. Scare off mummies again if they return before we are done. Oh, and bring some antidotes...

Thankfully, I managed to avoid waking up Fangskin´s pack before everything else was defeated (two Guardian/skellie packs, six Salamanders (including two on the altar platform) and three Claw Vipers).
Character Name: Destroyer Scorchie, Level 60 Blaze/Lightning Sorceress
Hard-working Mercenary: Fiona of the Sightless Eye, aka Ice Queen
Last WP: Kurast Docks, Nightmare
Magic Find value: +507% for Fiona´s kills, +396% otherwise

Grail Points: 52
Ethereal Grail Points: 6
Scored Items: 14.0 (Biggin´s Bonnet, Tancred´s Weird, Nagelring, Angelic Halo, Cathan´s Seal)
Total: 72.0

Biggest Pile: 77

Act 2 NM is done. :jig:

Right now, Scorchie is not a character to play for those with a weak heart. She´s had 5 NDEs over the last half of act 2. Reasons:

* Poor resists: Fire -5, Lightning 8 (Cold is way above 75, however)
* Life: ~430
* 65% blocking with main shield (which is OK, much worse with the Terror shield (which is a Large Shield, I think I´ll go shop for a Tower- or Bone Shield of Terror before the next session))
* 8 potion slots (blame my MF greed and the Arctic combo. I think it´s worth some style points that I actually use my 'most common item' 😁 )
* My unwillingness to let Scorchie kill anything herself, which means that even dangerous fights often last for quite a while. Scorchie did use Blaze in some emergency situations: e.g. beetle pack right by the entrance, Extra Fast FE beetle boss, Extra Fast Holy Shock Apparition, etc.

Scorchie used a Strength Cutlass against (/players 3) Duriel, along with a decent rare Plated Belt. I replaced the sword with Tancred´s axe near the end, but I didn´t dare to replace the Plated Belt. Running out of potions vs the Lord of Pain would suck (yes, I´ve been there...)
Pretty good drop: rare Morning Star, Isenhart´s Horns (GP), Sigon´s Gage, Cathan´s Seal and Nagelring (GP, scored item, 2 more %-units MF than my worst ring had).

I gamble nothing but Hunter´s Bows and Long Bows now. They have a good chance to get an ilvl high enough for Cruel. Fiona is still using the upgraded Hellclap. Hopefully not for much longer...
Last WP: Lut Gholein (H)
MF: 304

Grail Points: 84
Scored Items: Bane Ash - 23, Torch of Iro - 23.1, Dwarf Star - 1.9, Nokozan Relic - 1.4, Laying of Hands - 1.4
Total: 138.8

Most Common Item: Isenhart's Case, Cleglaw's Claw, Tancred's Crowbill, Vidala's Barb - 4
Biggest Pile: 119

NM cows and A1 hell were full of items... but quite a number of these were duplicates :(. In the pits and mausloleum I had a few TC87 base types, but no green / gold drop. Another ethereal: Stormrider. No elites.

Finally I found a +2 elemental magic druid pelt... unfortunately, I got only one socket it it. I decided to give up my +2 elemental truncheon and to use the AliBaba all the time. This is about MFing after all, and the +skills don't speed up my char very much. I had to learn that a fire druid is not THAT good with points in volcano and molten boulder... against fire immunes I have to rely on my merc and bear. It works, but if I ever do such a char again, I would invest in some cold damage. I checked the monster data for A2, and it seems I shouldn't meet that many FI monsters there... but guardians are FI... that might be a problem.
Character Name: Destroyer Scorchie, Level 62 Blaze/Lightning Sorceress
Last WP: Lower Kurast, Nightmare
Magic Find value: +503% for Fiona´s kills, +392% otherwise

Grail Points: 56
Scored Items: 14.0 (Biggin´s Bonnet, Tancred´s Weird, Nagelring, Angelic Halo, Cathan´s Seal)
Total: 76.0

Biggest Pile: 83

Luck stoke early this session. Second boss pack in the jungle were melee Fetish. Boss dropped the jade statue, but it also dropped Kuko Shakaku!

That was a very good find. It will serve Fiona very well, all the way until I start to crave (and I have a good chance to reroll) a socketed high-end Cruel elite. The fire damage is even more useful than it would be for a Fire rogue.

The many LE bosses and the appearance of Gloams made me sacrifice 4 units of MF, in favour of my (quite awesome: 38/31) pair of Amber Boots of Luck. These and a new little charm took the lightning resist up to 50. Fire is still -8...

Scary temples coming up. For these, I will probably have to either
- lower the players setting
- wear better resists and +life gear
- take on them later (like, really late in NM)
or a combination of all three. It would really suck to die there, because then I will never know if I had a chance to score better than the players ahead of me.

Cormallon said:
I checked the monster data for A2, and it seems I shouldn't meet that many FI monsters there... but guardians are FI... that might be a problem.

If you are lucky, you won´t meet them. But you will fight Burning Dead, most likely hundreds of them. 👅
Yeah, I know ... and I already did while seeking Radament and in the Stony tomb. Burning dead aren't that bad, my merc and the bear kill them fast enough, and if I can take out the giant mummies which are resurrecting the dead, there is no problem. But taking out the Guardian type will be a bit of a problem, and when these are constantly resurrecting everything around, it'll get a bit rough. Guardians are in the claw viper temple, and I need a good deal of luck to avoid them. The ultimate horror: a physical immune guardian.
Coming back into D2 for a first time in a rather long time, wouldn't mind giving this a shot.

Forum Name: JadePhoenix
Character Name: Matise
Character Class and Build: Assassin, Ghost
Version: 1.11 SC, no mods

Progress Updates should be in the following format:

Scored Items: Arctic Furs (4.5)

Last WP: Kurast Docks (H)
MF: 304

Grail Points: 97
Scored Items: Bane Ash - 23, Torch of Iro - 23.1, Dwarf Star - 1.9, Aldur's STony Gaze - 1.5, Djinn Slayer 3.2
Total: 153.7

Most Common Item: Isenhart's Case, Cleglaw's Claw, Tancred's Crowbill, Vidala's Barb - 4
Biggest Pile: 138

Act 2 done. The number of drops was good, the quality not. Just one elite, and Aldur's Gaze. I don't know how A3 will be, some of these little buggers will be FI, and quite fast. We'll see how my bear and merc will manage them.

My merc really surprises me. He is far more durable than I ever expected him to be. It's a NM A2 combat merc (thorns), and wearing a rattlecage, 2x ptopazed helm and wielding Husoldal Evo. His life bar seldom even moves in ordinary battles, just poison and some other rare attack seems dangerous. I have to invetigate that ......
Late join-but ohs well, something to do for XMAS and Thanksgiving break, right?

Forum Name: Shinen
Character Name: Telemnar
Character Class and Build: Paladin, Ranger
Participating in the Prizes: Mais oui.
I looks like the things are starting to get active again as the end gets closer. I'll post a new update with everyone's standing over the holiday next weekend.

I think Rialla is going to be my main "project" for my Christmas break from school. 😃
I just wanted to pop in and celebrate that Scorchie has survived the first two temples. 👍 My rare Plated belt and some fire resist/MF gloves was my gear swapping choices. Took it down to /players 3.

Ruined Temple had a pack of spiders and a pack of Wailing Beasts in the starting room. I teleported to one of the tiny side rooms and faced the buggers in the doorway. Lots of Glacial Spikes and Static Fields.
Then I managed to get Sarina´s pack separated, just about 3 each time. Sarina was Extra Strong and hurt me quite a bit. Good thing she didn´t live very long. Loads of spiders in her room, along with a small band of Night Lords (required care and good movement, Scorchie´s fire resist is still below 10%).

The other temple had a Wailing Beast boss pack in the first room: Mana Burn + Magic Resistant (magic immune boss - a rarity in NM). I teleported to the other side of a doorway, and that room was empty (Yes!). The place was otherwise packed with spiders, and the last room had another Wailing Beast boss pack. The boss was annoying (Stone Skin something) but we had lots of space to work with.
Character Name: Destroyer Scorchie, Level 64 Blaze/Lightning Sorceress
Last WP: Pandemonium Fortress, Nightmare
Magic Find value: +503% for Fiona´s kills, +392% otherwise

Grail Points: 63
Scored Items: 14.1 (Biggin´s Bonnet, Tancred´s Weird, Nagelring, Angelic Halo x2)
Total: 83.1

Biggest Pile: 94

After nearly having her pretty little head handed to her (twice!) by Mephisto when she tried to 'Crushing Blow' him to death with her Cutlass, Scorchie resorted to the cheesiest way there is to fight him: moat trick with the rogue. Took quite a while, even though Scorchie helped out with 8 mana potions´worth of Lightning. Lightning is maxed, with one synergy point in CL and 1 point in the Mastery. I must say it really isn´t doing much anymore...

I finally got rid of Cathan´s ring from the scored items list. Yay!

OK, how am I doing against the two leaders? I can´t match their scored items, not by a long way. 👅 But my pile is bigger than theirs were at this stage of the game. :azn:

I found some good runes in the Durance: Amn, Sol and best of all, Io.

Onwards!
Scoring Question:

Does Ethereal Edge count as an "Ethereal Grail" item even though it is always generated ethereal? (Should I count one point or two is what I need to know.)

Thanks for the help! I'm having a blast on this tournament!

--Shannon

Character Name: Destroyer Scorchie, Level 67 Blaze/Lightning Sorceress
Last WP: Harrogath, Nightmare
Magic Find value: +560% for Fiona´s kills, +392% otherwise

Grail Points: 69
Scored Items: 31.6 (Biggin´s Bonnet, Saracen´s Chance, Arcanna´s Sign, Tancred´s Weird, Nagelring)
Total: 106.6

Biggest Pile: 103

NM Diablo is dead, killed on /players 3.
I used my newly made 'Black' Flail against him, as well as a very good resist amulet and ring. Maxed resists, 73% blocking and about 550 life. It felt quite safe, much safer than against Mephisto.

Some nice finds in the act: two exceptional uniques, two hard-to-find amulets, two good resist small charms (resist fire is now up to 1, yay!) a good number of big topazes (made it possible to complete the MF armor setup), plus a Lem from the Hellforge (Sweet! I smell Treachery...)

I think it´s time for a
Gear and skills update:

Scorchie´s Primary Gear

* Artisan´s Great Helm of the Mind (+5 ENE) with 3x PTopaz
* Tancred´s Weird
* Tancred´s Crowbill
* Gemmed Gothic Plate (4x PTopaz)
* 'Rhyme' Bone Shield
* Arctic Mitts
* Nagelring (22)
* Arctic Binding
* Ring of Fortune (22)
* Amber Boots of Luck (38/31)

Weapon switch:
* Armageddon Hew (rare Balanced Axe with PMH and ctc AMP, max stack size 178)
* Russet (14) Barbed Shield of Terror

Fiona of the Sightless Eye
* Artisan´s Great Helm of Light with 3x PTopaz
* Kuko Shakaku unique Cedar Bow
* Gemmed Ancient Armor (4x PTopaz)

Skills
Ice Bolt 1
Ice Blast 1
Glacial Spike 1

Inferno 1
Blaze 20
Fire Mastery 18

Charged Bolt 1
Static Field 5
Telekinesis 1
Lightning 20
Chain Lightning 2
Teleport 1
Lightning Mastery 2

Terror 2 (25 charges)
Town Portal
Attack
Throw

Act 5 is hopefully going to be a great treasure hunt, but it may also be very dangerous. My worst nightmare would be a Fanaticism Extra Fast pack of Hell/Death Lords, early in an area without water or lava. :yikes: Those buggers can´t be frozen...

I will also have to keep an eye out for fiery catapult shots. The "afterbombs" in particular can be nasty because the character doesn´t scream when they take damage from such flames. With fire resist 1 and just a little more than 500 life, I need to to be aware of Scorchie´s life bulb at all times in areas with catapults.
MF: 36

Scored Items: Arctic Furs (4.5), Gull (7.7)
Total: 15.2

Most Common Item: Arctic Binding x 2

Had a Gull drop off of a Boss in the Catacombs, was rather pleased with that. Rather severely cuts down killing speed right now so currently just using it for Boss kills but that might change as gear improves.
Last WP: Pandemonium Fortress(H)
MF: ~340

Grail Points: 107
Scored Items: 57.8 (Bane Ash - 23, Torch of Iro - 23.1, Nightwing's Veil - 5.7, Djinn Slayer 3.2, Demon Limb - 2.8)
Total: 170.8

Most Common Item: Isenhart's Case - 5
Biggest Pile: 152

Mephisto is no more, and dropped a Demon Limb... fitting for a demon ;) A3 had its ups and downs. No set/unique in the marsh and flayer jungle, just a single item in all Kurast areas, nothing in the Durance. Other areas provided me with a total of 14 items. I had to skip one of the temples... going down and being surrounded by might enchanted snakes isn't something I could survive. I went up the stairs and called it a day for that round. Perhaps later I'll try again, perhaps not... probably it isn't worth the trouble.... but it is an alvl 85, maybe Tyrael's is waiting inside, who knows ;)

A4 is going to be the most difficult part of all areas. Lots of FI monsters there, perhaps gloams, the dreaded oblivion knights and Diablo himself, usually killing minions faster than I could possibly recast them. I have a lower resist wand, maybe that will speed up things a little bit ... IF I have time to use it before he gets me. Besides that, I usually have bad luck in A4, nothing good drops there.
Level: 26
Last WP: Canyon of the Magi (N)
MF: +142%

Scored Items: Arctic Furs (4.5), Gull (7.7), Nokozoan Relic (1.4 x 2)
Total: 20

Most Common Item: Arctic Binding x 2, Nokozoan Relic x 2
Final Results!

I finally completed the tournament! It's my first SP Pat (I guess I'll have to make a Pat thread in a bit). I had some luck, but not as much as I would have liked. Hell Baal dropped me junk. :sad2:

=========================

Last WP: WSK 2 (hell)
MF: 343

Grail Points: 103
Ethereal Grail Points: 2 (Ethereal Edge)
Scored Items: Blinkbats Form (12) Pelta Lunata (11.9), Oculus (4.6),
Natalya's Mark (4.3), Aldur's Deception (3.3) (36.1 total)

Total: 141.1

Most Common Item: Hsarus' Iron Heel (x6)

Biggest Pile: 163

This was a lot of fun. Thanks for arranging this tournament!

--Shannon
The RNG has a sense of humor

After completing the tournament, I decided to do a couple of runs....you know...because I *can* re-run an area now. So I did a couple of Pindle runs and decided to try an Andy run.

Wouldn't you know it...I kill her and I see on the ground:

Skin of the Vipermagi
The Rising Sun
Visceratuant Defender
and Hsarus' Iron Heel (that would have made 7 for me on the SPUMF).

That's the best drop this character has ever seen. That's just too funny to me for some reason. Maybe I should go kill Meph and see what wonderful thing he drops me. :)

--Shannon
Finally back to this tourney! Unfinished chars....

I started up Ursula from where she left off, and progressed her to the Inner Cloister. She upgraded her MF by getting a 3 socket ring mail, but still no green or gold....

Character Class/Build: Strafe/FA (current lvl 19)
Last WP: Inner Cloister
MF: 55 // 0

Character Name: Destroyer Scorchie, Level 70 Blaze/Lightning Sorceress
Last WP: Crystalline Passage, Nightmare
Magic Find value: +549% for Fiona´s kills, +381% otherwise

Grail Points: 74
Scored Items: 33.9 (Biggin´s Bonnet - 11.9, Saracen´s Chance - 11.1, Arcanna´s Sign - 6.8, Tal Rasha´s Lidless Eye - 2.2, Raven Frost - 1.9)
Total: 113.9

Most Common Item: Arctic Binding & Cathan´s Seal (5)
Biggest Pile: 124

Act 5 is huge, but it´s going well so far. I still manage to keep up >99.9% merc kills, which I am quite proud of.

Thank the gods for Glacial Spike! It´s absolutely superb against tight packs of Burning Dead Archers and the like. It also shuts up all non-boss Gloams pretty well. :wink3:

Found a Crude Blade Bow. It will be imbued once (if...) Scorchie gets to level 74.

Sharptooth Slayer dropped two rares: Light Plated Boots and Throwing Spear. I was disappointed at first (I always have high hopes for set/unique items from superuniques) but it turned out to be two awesome rares that Scorchie wanted to use right away!

Here is the javelin (once it had been upgraded):
Skull Needle
Harpoon

Throw Damage: 44 to 133
One-Hand Damage: 32 to 86
Quantity: 64
Required Dexterity: 118
Required Strength: 25
Required Level: 30
Javelin Class - Fast Attack Speed
+148% Enhanced Damage
+77 to Attack Rating
+100 poison damage over 6 seconds
10% Increased Attack Speed
Prevent Monster Heal
106% Damage to Undead
+98 to Attack Rating against Undead

No ctc Amp, but the better speed, reach and decent damage made it preferrable over the Balanced Axe.

And here are the boots:
Loath Trample
Light Plated Boots

Defense: 11
Durability: 4 of 18
Required Strength: 50
Required Level: 38
+6 to Dexterity
+14 to Maximum Stamina
Fire Resist +6%
Lightning Resist +37%
30% Faster Run/Walk
👍!

OK, Scorchie won´t gamble any more boots (other than possibly for scored items)...
Last WP: Harrogath(H)

Grail Points: 109
Scored Items: 57.8 (Bane Ash - 23, Torch of Iro - 23.1, Nightwing's Veil - 5.7, Djinn Slayer 3.2, Demon Limb - 2.8)
Total: 172.8

Biggest Pile: 155

Diablo is dead, and A4 was as dry as usual. Only three S/U, one of them a duplicate. Diablo dropped the duplicate (Death's Touch), the other items were rares, none of them any good. Surprisingly, I didn't die in A4, and the FIs in there were just boring, not reallly dangerous. My merc still does surprisingly well, I may consider this combo for my HC hunter druid, currently in A3 hell...

Now the last act awaits me, and with a little bit of luck it won't have too many FIs. It will take tome time to do full clears in there, but I hope I can finish it before years end ;)
Ursula made her way through the rest of Act I, and finally the sets/uniques started to fall for her. First was a Hsaru's Belt in Catacombs 1, then a Hsaru's shield and Rixot's Keen in Catacombs 3, and a Nagelring from Andy (17% MF though :cry: ) Moving on to Act 2, she found a dimoak's Hew in the sewers. Nice to finally see some green and gold. Here's hoping it's a sign of things to come.
Doing full clears also seems to keep her at a very good level. It's the same as I would reach normally with some running but skipping areas.
Now it's on to the desert.

Character Class/Build: Strafe/FA (current lvl 21)
MF: 80 // 0

Scored Items: 12.9 (Nagelring 0.7, Hsaru's Iron Fist 4.5, Rixot's Keen 7.7)
Total: 16.9

Character Name: Destroyer Scorchie, Level 71 Blaze/Lightning Sorceress, [Highlight]R.I.P.[/Highlight]
Last WP: Frozen Tundra, Nightmare
Magic Find value: +554% for Fiona´s kills, +386% otherwise

Grail Points: 75
Scored Items: 33.9 (Biggin´s Bonnet - 11.9, Saracen´s Chance - 11.1, Arcanna´s Sign - 6.8, Tal Rasha´s Lidless Eye - 2.2, Raven Frost - 1.9)
Final Score: 114.9

Most Common Item: Cathan´s Seal (6)
Biggest Pile: 126

Gaaah! She died! :hanky:

I knew that Nihlathak´s zombie garden was going to be dangerous, because I had an Unholy Corpse take off 3/4 of Scorchie´s life down in the Drifter Cavern last session.

When I got in, I cast Blaze and laid down flames like crazy in the central part before the undead woke up. In hindsight, I realize that this is a bad bad BAD idea if you don´t have a tanking merc or minions, or can survive the Charge damage of at least two undead. I seem to always get hit, too. Is Charge not subject to blocking?

Anyway, I had planned a blue portal in the top-right corner (as I usually do). That didn´t happen because it got too dangerous and I panicked. I teleported down to the red portal and froze the few zombies there. Eventually, they gathered and were too many to control (some fell to the flames in the certal part of the area, but some of these got up again, of course...). New TP craziness to the top right corer. More flames, hold them off a bit more, then TP out. Back to the red portal part, which was now more calm. Freeze 2-3 of them, Fiona kills them.

They gathered up again soon enough. During my next escape, just when I had seen the spot I was going to teleport to, Scorchie got 1-hit killed! I think she was at full health (at least it was at >90%) and I think it was only one Charge that did her in, but I am not sure.

Is there anyone beside me that think these dudes do FAR too much damage with their Charges in Nightmare? Especially considering how weak they are in melee...

I have never died in this area before, but I knew it was bound to happen sooner or later. How Pindle runners can go here time and again and survive it is beyond me...it´s bloody life threatening here!!

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. :rolleyes:
It´s amazing what progress one can do with 1 point Glacial Spike, 1 point Teleport and 5 points Static Field. I wasn´t even using my big arsenal most of the time...

I think my score is pretty good considering I had more than the entire Hell difficulty left. OK, I would have taken down the MF by several hundreds (I had both a Treachery armor and an Artisan´s Gothic Plate of the Squid ready for later) in Hell, but many (including some sweet) finds were surely waiting there.

Good luck to the rest of you!
Oh no! Sorry to hear about Blazie! I know what you mean about those charges though. And if I remember right, they cannot be blocked. I believe there must be a chance for critical hit on that attack (all melee attacks?) as I have also seen huge damage off these guys. As for pindle running, you never fight the garden zombies, just pindle's pack.

Ursula has progressed now through the Lut Gholein sewers and out through the desert. Doing full clears has brought her level up to 25 with just the viper temple to go for the desert areas. Finding the cube was a nice boost, giving her a chance to make a better polearm for her merc and cube up some topazes (not yet installed in anything though) Her only new S/U was a cleglaw's pincers, which was at least a helpful one for a bowazon.

Character Class/Build: Strafe/FA (current lvl 25)

Total: 17.9

Sorry to hear about Scorchies death. You indeed did very well up to that point, with only a little bit of luck you surely would have caught me in hell.

Iruma reached the first WP in A5, nothing droppen in the first area. Eldritch didn't change that, so no new score for me.
Ursula progressed through the cellars into the arcane sanctuary. On the last wing of the arcane sanct. a normal ghoul lord dropped an arctic binding for her, adding to the grail total! Hooray. She was so close to lvl 27 that I decided to play a bit more tonight and I took her into the first false tomb in the Canyon (running past everything in the canyon itself) It turned out to be the tomb containing Ancient Kaa who dropped some claws and a tir rune. Oh well. A random ghost boss did drop a stoutnail though, so that was good luck.

With time running down I will definitely be pushing her onward!

Character Class/Build: Strafe/FA (current lvl 27)

Total: 19.9

Another update for me...
Not much to tell, Ursula finished Act2 and found one more unique there (bloodrise) and nothing from Duriel. Her list has continued to grow in Act 3, which seems to be somewhat kinder in green/gold drops so far compared to earlier acts. She did up her MF by a few percent, and on achieving level 30 got a nice boost from getting the Valk and Freezing arrow.

Character Class/Build: Strafe/FA (current lvl 31)
Last WP: Lower Kurast
MF: 120 // 0

Scored Items: 13.0 (Cathan's Seal 0.1, Nagelring 0.7, Hsaru's Iron Fist 4.5, Rixot's Keen 7.7)

Most Common Item: Cleglaw's Pincers (2)
Last WP: WSK2(H)
MF: 348

Grail Points: 114
Total: 177.8

Most Common Item: Isenhart's Case - 7
Biggest Pile: 167

I'm done. One pass through everything, including cows. A complete list of my finds (set & unique) can be found here, and you can learn more about my char in the pat thread. The bad thing about A5 was my extremely bad luck. I usually find more green/gold with no MF at all... only five points for the score, no better elites (windhammer... 2.5 points, doesn't make it into the list). I'm still satisfied with the three (!) grailies this char found on his single pass. I'll protect the Torch of Iro and the Bane Ash from being taken.

Thanks Cattleya for organizing this sequel to SPUMF 1, it was fun, even more with a char that is not a known MF build :wink3:
I'd like to participate in the next one of these.😃
It will probably be a while.This tourney tends to need a break between incarnations. :wink3:

I'm also thinking that while the 4 months that the first one went was too short, 8 months was probably too long. My initial instinct of 6 months might have been closer. (Then again, the timing was pretty much perfect for Cormallon. Congrats on the pat. :cool: )

Anyhow, people should be finishing up their times in the next 24 hours or so, and results need to be in by Wednesday. I'll post the final results shortly after that.
Well, I took a break from this char for quite a while, the build wasn't exactly what I expected before I started. 6 months would've been enough.
I'm sorry about the delay in getting this up. I sort of ...er... forgot about it until I got a PM with a question about the tourney. So, here are the final results. I've removed anyone with 0 score from the table to simplify things.

[highlight]Final Results[/highlight]
1st Place:
Cormallon (Pick 5 items, with no more than 1 from a player)

2nd Place:
Shannon (Pick 3 items, with no more than 1 from a player - and none from Cormallon)

3rd Place:
wilypueo (Pick 1 item, but not from Cormallon or Shannon)

Most Common Set/Unique (tie):
Cormallon and wilypueo (Each pick one item, but not from each other or Shannon)

Biggest Pile:
Cormallon (Pick one item, but not from Shannon or wilypueo)

It turns out everyone who won this time around was participating in the prizes. (Which is pretty much opposite last time.) So, if you participated in this tourney, and were participating in the prizes, post your finds for the prize picking. Please state which 2 items you want to protect.

Code:
Cormallon      Iruma             1.11b SC     114    6    57.8   177.8     Y

Shannon        ShaeOfTheDead     1.11b SC     103    2    36.1   141.1     Y
               Summon Necro      RRM/RWM

wilypueo       Grin_Reaper       1.11 SC      86     4    44.0   134.0     Y

jiansonz       Scorchie          1.11 HC      75     6    33.9   114.9     N

Docturnal      Leniyuhl          1.11b HC     46     4     2.0    52.0     N

telloran       Icemelt           1.11 SC      43     0     5.9    48.9     Y

Trapsin           RWM

crazy_bear     Ursula            1.11b HC     13     0    13.0    26.0     N
               Strafe/FA         No mods

LacertaCK      Aeronwy           1.11b SC     11     2    11.7    24.7     N
                                 No mods

JadePhoenix    Matise            1.11 SC       5     0    15.0    20.0     N
               Assassn           No mods 

Ohomemgrande   Spumf             1.11 SC       2     0    12.2    14.2     N
               Javazon           No Mods

Code:

Cormallon      Iruma             Isenhart's Case - 7    167         Y
Shannon        ShaeOfTheDead     Hsaru' Iron Heal - 6   163         Y 
jiansonz       Scorchie          Cathan's Seal - 6      126         N
wilypueo       Grin_Reaper       Cathan's Seal - 7      122         Y
telloran       Icemelt           Cathan's Seal - 5      58          Y
Docturnal      Leniyuhl          Cathan's Mesh,         58          N
                                 Cleglaw's Tooth,
                                 Isenhart's Case - 3
LacertaCK      Aeronwy           Cathan's Seal - 4      15          N 
crazy_bear     Ursula            Cleglaw's Pincers - 2  14          N 
JadePhoenix    Matise            Acrtic Binding,         6          N
                                 Nokozoan Relic - 2
Ohomemgrande   Spumf             N/A                     2          N 

Code:

Character Name: Destroyer Scorchie, Level 67 Blaze/Lightning Sorceress
Last WP: Harrogath, Nightmare
Magic Find value: +560% for Fiona´s kills, +392% otherwise

Grail Points: 69
Scored Items: 31.6 (Biggin´s Bonnet, Saracen´s Chance, Arcanna´s Sign, Tancred´s Weird, Nagelring)
Total: 106.6

Biggest Pile: 103

NM Diablo is dead, killed on /players 3.
I used my newly made 'Black' Flail against him, as well as a very good resist amulet and ring. Maxed resists, 73% blocking and about 550 life. It felt quite safe, much safer than against Mephisto.

Some nice finds in the act: two exceptional uniques, two hard-to-find amulets, two good resist small charms (resist fire is now up to 1, yay!) a good number of big topazes (made it possible to complete the MF armor setup), plus a Lem from the Hellforge (Sweet! I smell Treachery...)

I think it´s time for a
Gear and skills update:

Scorchie´s Primary Gear

* Artisan´s Great Helm of the Mind (+5 ENE) with 3x PTopaz
* Tancred´s Weird
* Tancred´s Crowbill
* Gemmed Gothic Plate (4x PTopaz)
* 'Rhyme' Bone Shield
* Arctic Mitts
* Nagelring (22)
* Arctic Binding
* Ring of Fortune (22)
* Amber Boots of Luck (38/31)

Weapon switch:
* Armageddon Hew (rare Balanced Axe with PMH and ctc AMP, max stack size 178)
* Russet (14) Barbed Shield of Terror

Fiona of the Sightless Eye
* Artisan´s Great Helm of Light with 3x PTopaz
* Kuko Shakaku unique Cedar Bow
* Gemmed Ancient Armor (4x PTopaz)

Skills
Ice Bolt 1
Ice Blast 1
Glacial Spike 1

Inferno 1
Blaze 20
Fire Mastery 18

Charged Bolt 1
Static Field 5
Telekinesis 1
Lightning 20
Chain Lightning 2
Teleport 1
Lightning Mastery 2

Terror 2 (25 charges)
Town Portal
Attack
Throw

Act 5 is hopefully going to be a great treasure hunt, but it may also be very dangerous. My worst nightmare would be a Fanaticism Extra Fast pack of Hell/Death Lords, early in an area without water or lava. :yikes: Those buggers can´t be frozen...

I will also have to keep an eye out for fiery catapult shots. The "afterbombs" in particular can be nasty because the character doesn´t scream when they take damage from such flames. With fire resist 1 and just a little more than 500 life, I need to to be aware of Scorchie´s life bulb at all times in areas with catapults.
MF: 36

Scored Items: Arctic Furs (4.5), Gull (7.7)
Total: 15.2

Most Common Item: Arctic Binding x 2

Had a Gull drop off of a Boss in the Catacombs, was rather pleased with that. Rather severely cuts down killing speed right now so currently just using it for Boss kills but that might change as gear improves.
Last WP: Pandemonium Fortress(H)

Grail Points: 107
Total: 170.8

Biggest Pile: 152

Mephisto is no more, and dropped a Demon Limb... fitting for a demon ;) A3 had its ups and downs. No set/unique in the marsh and flayer jungle, just a single item in all Kurast areas, nothing in the Durance. Other areas provided me with a total of 14 items. I had to skip one of the temples... going down and being surrounded by might enchanted snakes isn't something I could survive. I went up the stairs and called it a day for that round. Perhaps later I'll try again, perhaps not... probably it isn't worth the trouble.... but it is an alvl 85, maybe Tyrael's is waiting inside, who knows ;)

A4 is going to be the most difficult part of all areas. Lots of FI monsters there, perhaps gloams, the dreaded oblivion knights and Diablo himself, usually killing minions faster than I could possibly recast them. I have a lower resist wand, maybe that will speed up things a little bit ... IF I have time to use it before he gets me. Besides that, I usually have bad luck in A4, nothing good drops there.
Level: 26
Last WP: Canyon of the Magi (N)
MF: +142%

Scored Items: Arctic Furs (4.5), Gull (7.7), Nokozoan Relic (1.4 x 2)
Total: 20

Most Common Item: Arctic Binding x 2, Nokozoan Relic x 2
Final Results!

I finally completed the tournament! It's my first SP Pat (I guess I'll have to make a Pat thread in a bit). I had some luck, but not as much as I would have liked. Hell Baal dropped me junk. :sad2:

Last WP: WSK 2 (hell)
MF: 343

Grail Points: 103
Ethereal Grail Points: 2 (Ethereal Edge)
Scored Items: Blinkbats Form (12) Pelta Lunata (11.9), Oculus (4.6),
Natalya's Mark (4.3), Aldur's Deception (3.3) (36.1 total)

Total: 141.1

Most Common Item: Hsarus' Iron Heel (x6)

Biggest Pile: 163

This was a lot of fun. Thanks for arranging this tournament!

--Shannon
The RNG has a sense of humor

After completing the tournament, I decided to do a couple of runs....you know...because I *can* re-run an area now. So I did a couple of Pindle runs and decided to try an Andy run.

Wouldn't you know it...I kill her and I see on the ground:

Skin of the Vipermagi
The Rising Sun
Visceratuant Defender
and Hsarus' Iron Heel (that would have made 7 for me on the SPUMF).

That's the best drop this character has ever seen. That's just too funny to me for some reason. Maybe I should go kill Meph and see what wonderful thing he drops me. :)

--Shannon
Finally back to this tourney! Unfinished chars....

I started up Ursula from where she left off, and progressed her to the Inner Cloister. She upgraded her MF by getting a 3 socket ring mail, but still no green or gold....

Character Class/Build: Strafe/FA (current lvl 19)
MF: 55 // 0

Character Name: Destroyer Scorchie, Level 70 Blaze/Lightning Sorceress
Last WP: Crystalline Passage, Nightmare
Magic Find value: +549% for Fiona´s kills, +381% otherwise

Grail Points: 74
Total: 113.9

Most Common Item: Arctic Binding & Cathan´s Seal (5)
Biggest Pile: 124

Act 5 is huge, but it´s going well so far. I still manage to keep up >99.9% merc kills, which I am quite proud of.

Thank the gods for Glacial Spike! It´s absolutely superb against tight packs of Burning Dead Archers and the like. It also shuts up all non-boss Gloams pretty well. :wink3:

Found a Crude Blade Bow. It will be imbued once (if...) Scorchie gets to level 74.

Sharptooth Slayer dropped two rares: Light Plated Boots and Throwing Spear. I was disappointed at first (I always have high hopes for set/unique items from superuniques) but it turned out to be two awesome rares that Scorchie wanted to use right away!

Here is the javelin (once it had been upgraded):
Skull Needle
Harpoon

Throw Damage: 44 to 133
One-Hand Damage: 32 to 86
Quantity: 64
Required Dexterity: 118
Required Strength: 25
Required Level: 30
Javelin Class - Fast Attack Speed
+148% Enhanced Damage
+77 to Attack Rating
+100 poison damage over 6 seconds
10% Increased Attack Speed
Prevent Monster Heal
106% Damage to Undead
+98 to Attack Rating against Undead

No ctc Amp, but the better speed, reach and decent damage made it preferrable over the Balanced Axe.

And here are the boots:
Loath Trample
Light Plated Boots

Defense: 11
Durability: 4 of 18
Required Strength: 50
Required Level: 38
+6 to Dexterity
+14 to Maximum Stamina
Fire Resist +6%
Lightning Resist +37%
30% Faster Run/Walk
👍!

OK, Scorchie won´t gamble any more boots (other than possibly for scored items)...
Last WP: Harrogath(H)

Grail Points: 109
Total: 172.8

Biggest Pile: 155

Diablo is dead, and A4 was as dry as usual. Only three S/U, one of them a duplicate. Diablo dropped the duplicate (Death's Touch), the other items were rares, none of them any good. Surprisingly, I didn't die in A4, and the FIs in there were just boring, not reallly dangerous. My merc still does surprisingly well, I may consider this combo for my HC hunter druid, currently in A3 hell...

Now the last act awaits me, and with a little bit of luck it won't have too many FIs. It will take tome time to do full clears in there, but I hope I can finish it before years end ;)
Ursula made her way through the rest of Act I, and finally the sets/uniques started to fall for her. First was a Hsaru's Belt in Catacombs 1, then a Hsaru's shield and Rixot's Keen in Catacombs 3, and a Nagelring from Andy (17% MF though :cry: ) Moving on to Act 2, she found a dimoak's Hew in the sewers. Nice to finally see some green and gold. Here's hoping it's a sign of things to come.
Doing full clears also seems to keep her at a very good level. It's the same as I would reach normally with some running but skipping areas.
Now it's on to the desert.

Character Class/Build: Strafe/FA (current lvl 21)

Total: 16.9

Character Name: Destroyer Scorchie, Level 71 Blaze/Lightning Sorceress, [Highlight]R.I.P.[/Highlight]
Last WP: Frozen Tundra, Nightmare
Magic Find value: +554% for Fiona´s kills, +386% otherwise

Grail Points: 75
Final Score: 114.9

Most Common Item: Cathan´s Seal (6)
Biggest Pile: 126

Gaaah! She died! :hanky:

I knew that Nihlathak´s zombie garden was going to be dangerous, because I had an Unholy Corpse take off 3/4 of Scorchie´s life down in the Drifter Cavern last session.

When I got in, I cast Blaze and laid down flames like crazy in the central part before the undead woke up. In hindsight, I realize that this is a bad bad BAD idea if you don´t have a tanking merc or minions, or can survive the Charge damage of at least two undead. I seem to always get hit, too. Is Charge not subject to blocking?

Anyway, I had planned a blue portal in the top-right corner (as I usually do). That didn´t happen because it got too dangerous and I panicked. I teleported down to the red portal and froze the few zombies there. Eventually, they gathered and were too many to control (some fell to the flames in the certal part of the area, but some of these got up again, of course...). New TP craziness to the top right corer. More flames, hold them off a bit more, then TP out. Back to the red portal part, which was now more calm. Freeze 2-3 of them, Fiona kills them.

They gathered up again soon enough. During my next escape, just when I had seen the spot I was going to teleport to, Scorchie got 1-hit killed! I think she was at full health (at least it was at >90%) and I think it was only one Charge that did her in, but I am not sure.

Is there anyone beside me that think these dudes do FAR too much damage with their Charges in Nightmare? Especially considering how weak they are in melee...

I have never died in this area before, but I knew it was bound to happen sooner or later. How Pindle runners can go here time and again and survive it is beyond me...it´s bloody life threatening here!!

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. :rolleyes:
It´s amazing what progress one can do with 1 point Glacial Spike, 1 point Teleport and 5 points Static Field. I wasn´t even using my big arsenal most of the time...

I think my score is pretty good considering I had more than the entire Hell difficulty left. OK, I would have taken down the MF by several hundreds (I had both a Treachery armor and an Artisan´s Gothic Plate of the Squid ready for later) in Hell, but many (including some sweet) finds were surely waiting there.

Good luck to the rest of you!
Oh no! Sorry to hear about Blazie! I know what you mean about those charges though. And if I remember right, they cannot be blocked. I believe there must be a chance for critical hit on that attack (all melee attacks?) as I have also seen huge damage off these guys. As for pindle running, you never fight the garden zombies, just pindle's pack.

Ursula has progressed now through the Lut Gholein sewers and out through the desert. Doing full clears has brought her level up to 25 with just the viper temple to go for the desert areas. Finding the cube was a nice boost, giving her a chance to make a better polearm for her merc and cube up some topazes (not yet installed in anything though) Her only new S/U was a cleglaw's pincers, which was at least a helpful one for a bowazon.

Character Class/Build: Strafe/FA (current lvl 25)

Total: 17.9

Sorry to hear about Scorchies death. You indeed did very well up to that point, with only a little bit of luck you surely would have caught me in hell.

Iruma reached the first WP in A5, nothing droppen in the first area. Eldritch didn't change that, so no new score for me.
Ursula progressed through the cellars into the arcane sanctuary. On the last wing of the arcane sanct. a normal ghoul lord dropped an arctic binding for her, adding to the grail total! Hooray. She was so close to lvl 27 that I decided to play a bit more tonight and I took her into the first false tomb in the Canyon (running past everything in the canyon itself) It turned out to be the tomb containing Ancient Kaa who dropped some claws and a tir rune. Oh well. A random ghost boss did drop a stoutnail though, so that was good luck.

With time running down I will definitely be pushing her onward!

Character Class/Build: Strafe/FA (current lvl 27)

Total: 19.9

Another update for me...
Not much to tell, Ursula finished Act2 and found one more unique there (bloodrise) and nothing from Duriel. Her list has continued to grow in Act 3, which seems to be somewhat kinder in green/gold drops so far compared to earlier acts. She did up her MF by a few percent, and on achieving level 30 got a nice boost from getting the Valk and Freezing arrow.

Character Class/Build: Strafe/FA (current lvl 31)
Last WP: Lower Kurast
MF: 120 // 0

Scored Items: 13.0 (Cathan's Seal 0.1, Nagelring 0.7, Hsaru's Iron Fist 4.5, Rixot's Keen 7.7)

Most Common Item: Cleglaw's Pincers (2)
Last WP: WSK2(H)
MF: 348

Grail Points: 114
Total: 177.8

Most Common Item: Isenhart's Case - 7
Biggest Pile: 167

I'm done. One pass through everything, including cows. A complete list of my finds (set & unique) can be found here, and you can learn more about my char in the pat thread. The bad thing about A5 was my extremely bad luck. I usually find more green/gold with no MF at all... only five points for the score, no better elites (windhammer... 2.5 points, doesn't make it into the list). I'm still satisfied with the three (!) grailies this char found on his single pass. I'll protect the Torch of Iro and the Bane Ash from being taken.

Thanks Cattleya for organizing this sequel to SPUMF 1, it was fun, even more with a char that is not a known MF build :wink3:
I'd like to participate in the next one of these.😃
It will probably be a while.This tourney tends to need a break between incarnations. :wink3:

I'm also thinking that while the 4 months that the first one went was too short, 8 months was probably too long. My initial instinct of 6 months might have been closer. (Then again, the timing was pretty much perfect for Cormallon. Congrats on the pat. :cool: )

Anyhow, people should be finishing up their times in the next 24 hours or so, and results need to be in by Wednesday. I'll post the final results shortly after that.
Well, I took a break from this char for quite a while, the build wasn't exactly what I expected before I started. 6 months would've been enough.
I'm sorry about the delay in getting this up. I sort of ...er... forgot about it until I got a PM with a question about the tourney. So, here are the final results. I've removed anyone with 0 score from the table to simplify things.

[highlight]Final Results[/highlight]
1st Place:

2nd Place:
Shannon (Pick 3 items, with no more than 1 from a player - and none from Cormallon)

3rd Place:

Biggest Pile:

It turns out everyone who won this time around was participating in the prizes. (Which is pretty much opposite last time.) So, if you participated in this tourney, and were participating in the prizes, post your finds for the prize picking. Please state which 2 items you want to protect.

Code:

Trapsin           RWM

No mods

Code:

Cleglaw's Tooth,
                                 Isenhart's Case - 3
                                 Nokozoan Relic - 2

Code:

Originally posted by: @Cattleya

Final Results
1st Place:

2nd Place:

3rd Place:

Biggest Pile:

SPUMP Score
Code:

Trapsin           RWM

No mods

Side Contests Scoreboard
Code:

Cleglaw's Tooth,
                                 Isenhart's Case - 3
                                 Nokozoan Relic - 2

Retired/Dead Characters
Code:

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High