SPF Technical Support

Not sure if this is the best place to ask. I have been trying to get trenshadow to work to play 1.09 or 1.07. I followed all the steps in the 2.0 guide including adding the physical disc files for the header issue and the NOCD disk packs. Initially when I tried to start the game it asked me to create a save directory. I added a "save" folder to my 1.07 folder in my D2 installation. The game then started up with my 1.07 shortcut (yay!) but then tells me I am playing 1.12 (boo!) (I currently am patched up to 1.14 on my "regular" installation) I tried 1.09 and a similar issue happened where it states that my version is 1.12. any insights? Thanks!

How much non simple items is the limit in Gomule for a single stash and for the "all" "stash"?

i read ~6k for a single stash, but does it matter wether it's a simple item (like runes, potions, essences) or something with "unique" stats like rares and uniques.

What about "all"?

Never heard of there being a limit in the first place. Obviously there exists some hard limit, but I've never heard of it being 6k.

I'm not too familiar/comfortable with Java, but looking (read: quickly glancing) at the source code the max stash size should be 2^31, but again obviously an error (of some sort, probably) would be reached long before that.

Silo obviously had his concerns which is why he implemented the "All" stash. Since there is no harm in having 20-30 stashes and using "All" when you don't know where you put something I feel like you might as well keep to this "limit".

I am use ATMA V with a classic (non LOD) character and I am find that on several items ATMA will not allow me to put the item back on the character that found the item.
Initially I was using a common stash with all my characters but read some about mixing item causes corruption. So I later create a new stash 1 per character, but I am still running into the issue of not being able to put some item back on the character that the item came from.

Is there a fix or work around for this?

running LOD 1.14d, but the character is non expansion.

Last edited:
I posted this on the Definitive Trenshadow thread, but thought I should post it here as well. I am trying to set up the Trenshadow version switcher, but I am getting the same error messages that jimsfriend was getting in post #38, however as my install is version 1.07 I can't use the same fix he did. Here is what I did to attempt to get the version switcher working:

1) Clean install of D2 from my original CDs (marked 1.0 and 1.07 respectively) on a computer that never had D2 installed.
2) Followed instructions in the Definitive thread other than the no-CD fix.
3) Had the LoD (marked 1.07) version in the disk drive.
4) When I try to open version 1.08 (or any other version) I get the following error:

launch failure.PNG

When I run RecoverFromCrash.VBS I get the following error:

wsh.PNG

Any help would be greatly appreciated:D. I haven't tried the FearedBliss version switcher yet but that may be the next step.

@Vildecor @jimsfriend

I posted this on the Definitive Trenshadow thread, but thought I should post it here as well. I am trying to set up the Trenshadow version switcher, but I am getting the same error messages that jimsfriend was getting in post #38, however as my install is version 1.07 I can't use the same fix he did. Here is what I did to attempt to get the version switcher working:

1) Clean install of D2 from my original CDs (marked 1.0 and 1.07 respectively) on a computer that never had D2 installed.
4) When I try to open version 1.08 (or any other version) I get the following error:

launch failure.PNG

wsh.PNG

Any help would be greatly appreciated:D. I haven't tried the FearedBliss version switcher yet but that may be the next step.

@Vildecor @jimsfriend
I added a folder called "save" to one of the directories. That then loaded D2 stopping the crash, but for me it loaded 1.12 (I had upgraded my main install to 1.14) not 1.07. Maybe with the digital version, it doesn't work quite right but maybe as you have the disks that might work for you.

launch failure.PNG

wsh.PNG

@Vildecor @jimsfriend
I had the same problem.

Before I came here, I had been trying to set up a different way to play older patches. It provided 1.12a iso's.

I wiped my standard D2 installation, and tried using that 1.12a install, and it seems to run 1.07 like it's supposed to.

One thing I noticed with the 1.12a install compared to the current BNet install, is that the D2 directory looks very different. For one thing, it actually has the Game.exe and patch_d2.mpq that the TrenShadow guide required to create a 1.14d folder (to have access to both Battle.net and 1.14d Single Player with RWM). In my standard Battle.Net install, those didn't even exist.

I'm treading lightly here. I know it's against the rules to name non-supported mods, and I don't want to unintentionally bait anyone into saying anything that will get them in trouble. Since the 1.12a installation I mentioned should be a legitimate version of the game, I thought it shouldn't be a problem to speak of; and I figure it's a real problem if everyone who only has the new client has this issue.

Last edited:
Hello everyone!

Returned after a small busy period to resume playing Diablo II and all of a sudden Glide-Wrapper isn't working anymore.

Anybody else with a similar experience able to nail down what had happened??

Cleared the issue up. Apparently I'd done something in the command prompt of the .exe and messed up the wrapper.

Got it going again :)

Reactions: maxicek
Hi Everyone,

Not sure whether I am in the correct place, but I witnessed a technical mishap. I was playing Diablo 2 when my laptop crashed. I restarted the laptop and opened Diablo 2 again and the character I was playing with has disappeared from the characters screen o_O. How can I retrieve it? All other characters are still there ...

I can also see these 7 character files in Saved games directory so I think that the data is still there ... PC just cannot read it for some reason?? Even if I try to create another character with the same name, the game says that the name is already taken.

I am playing 1.14 patch without any mods.

Is there a way to retrieve the data?

launch failure.PNG

wsh.PNG

@Vildecor @jimsfriend

Looks like I fixed the problem. I reinstalled the game and upgraded to the latest version (1.14) before following the guide. This seems to have done the trick. I may have missed it but I don't think it's 100% clear from the guide that the game needs to be patched to a certain point (I was trying to start the process at 1.07 from the CDs I have). Remaining issues: 1) sometimes when I open version 1.00, close it, then try to open an LOD version such as 1.07 the game will not open. I have to open the task manager and close the version of d2 running and then I can open another version. Seems the game has a hard time closing completely. 2) the scrolling characters before the game starts. Not sure there's a fix for this but thought I'd mention it in case anyone has any pointers.

Reactions: maxicek
Atma: Invalid Stash File Version [0x0] I'm trying to make a new stash for 1.08 gear. What am i doing wrong? Do I need to reinstall atma maybe?

I give it a name, set version to 1.08, set path. If i try to save it and open it that happens.

Help!

I need some help making a D2 installation that's SPF-approved with FAM.

I installed the game
updated to 1.14d
from the The second link of the SPF Community & Links thread I downloaded and activated:
  • Glide Wrapper
  • Singling
The game and Glide work, however I expected Singling to do a lot more. I looked at the official Singling feature list for the current version, here it is:
ZibEPuH.png

Out of all the mentioned features, the forum-approved Singling only added the ability to run multiple clients of Diablo II.

I'm very interested in getting the following to work as well (if they are allowed):
  • CPU usage bug
  • FPS unlock in Single Player
  • Ladder Runewords
Help?
Thanks.

Last edited:
I can help you with the two last things.. You unlock fps with /fps in chat in game

You can find info about ladder runewords (RWM) in SPF community & links :) :coffee:

Welcome to the forums btw! *Kicks Shins* *Steals Wallet*

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High