SPF Technical Support

Im afraid its finally time to admit defeat. Game.exe refuses to recognize the no CD patch. Fortunately, not all hope is lost. This morning I downloaded the freeware version of Daemon Tools, ripped my LoD CD to an .mdx, and mounted it virtually. My CD is now resting comfortably in its CD case, and Im D2'ing with an empty drive just as GalaXy intended. Huzzah!!!! :)

And on the video front, I think Ive seen minor improvements, but my game is still slightly buggered. :confused: I believe the issue is stemming from the fact that I have a Dual Display on my PC. If I drag the game from the Main to the secondary, it will follow the -w command line and run Windowed mode. But when trying to play in Windowed mode I found that I was CONSTANTLY clicking outside the window (even though I could swear the cursor was still in the window at the time) and I kept window switching back to the desktop. If I try to run at 800x600 on my main, it doesnt scale properly, and the bottom half of my belt, skills, and life/mana orbs arent displayed correctly. And even when Im in this mode sometimes I somehow end up back at the desktop and I have to Alt-Tab back to D2 before I get killed. So it is for sure not optimal any way whatsoever, but the game is playable and working well enough for me to complete a 1x7 rush this afternoon. There is still the matter of getting 1.10s up and running, but I suppose I'll cross that bridge when we get to it 🤣

So I have been playing D2R on a laptop that barely makes the minimum requirements to play. The only way it does is when I switch to legacy graphics. I can get a different laptop from a friend to try out. Will the following computer play it the way its meant to be played with the new graphics?

Intel Core i-58250U CPU at 1.60 Ghz
Intel UHD Graphics 620
16 MB Ram

I loaded the game onto it and it won't boot up. Tried reinstalling game and updating, etc but nothing loads. Is it this computer not having the specs to play?

So I have been playing D2R on a laptop that barely makes the minimum requirements to play. The only way it does is when I switch to legacy graphics. I can get a different laptop from a friend to try out. Will the following computer play it the way its meant to be played with the new graphics?

Intel Core i-58250U CPU at 1.60 Ghz
Intel UHD Graphics 620
16 MB Ram

I loaded the game onto it and it won't boot up. Tried reinstalling game and updating, etc but nothing loads. Is it this computer not having the specs to play?

With 16 MB of RAM I'm surprised you can even use the computer (I joke, I joke, I know you meant 16 GB).
You can always compare the specs of the computer you have with the specs of the minimum requirements.

Without having more information, I'd guess that GPU is not enough:

With 16 MB of RAM I'm surprised you can even use the computer (I joke, I joke, I know you meant 16 GB).
You can always compare the specs of the computer you have with the specs of the minimum requirements.

Without having more information, I'd guess that GPU is not enough:
oops, GB lol

Yes, looking at that comparison it seems pretty clear that the graphics card is not enough.

Thanks, I didn't know where to find that info!

I am having some trouble with the GoMule. As near as I can tell it will open a stash file, but once its open I just get a black box, and the stash appears to be empty. Does GoMule only support certain patches of D2, or is this some kind of operator error? It has been YEARS since Ive done any muling in this app so I have no idea what Im doing right now LOL

Attachments

• image_2022-07-03_113213358.png
    image_2022-07-03_113213358.png
    17.7 KB · Views: 1
There are different version of GoMule for 1.14d and D2R - Are you sure you have the correct one?

There are different version of GoMule for 1.14d and D2R - Are you sure you have the correct one?

I dont have D2R or D2 1.14. I only have D2 1.09d and D2 1.10s. Unless Im mistaken I currently have R0.42: Donkey installed. Is that the wrong one?

I'm starting to have problems with D2 loading from my portable hard drive. This is not a new location as it has been on this drive since 2003 or 2004 and I've had it hooked to my current computer since April 2021 when I restarted playing the game and updated to 1.14d

Over the last few weeks I've noticed that once I select the character and the level that the game will sometimes take a very long period of time to load. The screen doesn't change, the music repeats and the cursor is frozen and then suddenly the game starts. This afternoon I didn't even get to the frozen screen. The game stopped and I was kicked back to the desktop saying to load the expansion disk. I restarted the computer and got the same error. I tried again several times with the same result. I'll add that all of this starts with me selecting the shortcut on the desktop for over a year.

I then went to the Diablo 2 folder on the drive. If I click on the shortcut the same problem happens. BUT if I click on the application itself the game runs!

Any thoughts as to what's going on and solutions?

I'm thinking that the easiest thing would be to drag out the original CD and reload the game . Before I try that I want to make sure I have all the disks! For Diablo 2 I have 3 and for Expansion set I have 1. And yes I have the original paper sleeves with the Keys printed on them.

After some additional thought I realized that it wasn't Diablo 2 itself that was causing the problem and that the problem had to be in the shortcut. That didn't make a lot of sense to me since I had been using the same shortcut for over a year. Then I also realized that the shortcut has the game start in the RWM folder and maybe somehow the contents of RWM folder got corupted somehow.

I didn't see anything wrong with the RWM folder other than it also contained a bunch of Screen shots that I didn't expect to find. So, I completely deleted the file and dropped in a copy the original RWM copy I had and lo and behold the shortcut now works. However, there is still a significant delay from clicking on the difficulty level and the game loading. So I think it's time to move the game off the old portable drive.

Hello,

I recently started playing D2R after a long pause from the original. I had ATMA and backups saved. Everything was going fine with D2R 2.4 and GoMule then 2.5 updated and I cannot access my characters or shared stash. They both display "disconnected" when I try to open them. The stashes open fine but no character opens in GoMule, not even newly created ones, nor the shared stash.

Here is the error I get when I try to open GoMule with my Lvl. 93 Necromancer (My pride and joy I have had since around 2000):

Character disconnected
at gomule.d2s.D2Character.readChar(D2Character.java:141)
at gomule.d2s.D2Character.<init>(D2Character.java:132)
at gomule.gui.D2FileManager.addItemList(D2FileManager.java:1604)
at gomule.gui.D2ViewChar.connect(D2ViewChar.java:446)
at gomule.gui.D2ViewChar.<init>(D2ViewChar.java:425)
at gomule.gui.D2FileManager.openChar(D2FileManager.java:1338)
at gomule.gui.D2ViewProject$CharTreeNode.view(D2ViewProject.java:400)
at gomule.gui.D2ViewProject$3.mouseReleased(D2ViewProject.java:126)
at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Please help! I have downloaded the newest version of GoMule and the same thing happens. Literally, right when 2.5 updated, this happened. It is not the same without muling :(. I really wanted to get to the elusive lvl. 99 but without muling, it is just not fun! I plead for someone to help! I do not know if it is just me or widespread. I created this account just to find out! Thank you!

Kind regards,

-Necrodeath

Hello
Hello,

I recently started playing D2R after a long pause from the original. I had ATMA and backups saved. Everything was going fine with D2R 2.4 and GoMule then 2.5 updated and I cannot access my characters or shared stash. They both display "disconnected" when I try to open them. The stashes open fine but no character opens in GoMule, not even newly created ones, nor the shared stash.

Here is the error I get when I try to open GoMule with my Lvl. 93 Necromancer (My pride and joy I have had since around 2000):

Character disconnected
at gomule.d2s.D2Character.readChar(D2Character.java:141)
at gomule.d2s.D2Character.<init>(D2Character.java:132)
at gomule.gui.D2FileManager.addItemList(D2FileManager.java:1604)
at gomule.gui.D2ViewChar.connect(D2ViewChar.java:446)
at gomule.gui.D2ViewChar.<init>(D2ViewChar.java:425)
at gomule.gui.D2FileManager.openChar(D2FileManager.java:1338)
at gomule.gui.D2ViewProject$CharTreeNode.view(D2ViewProject.java:400)
at gomule.gui.D2ViewProject$3.mouseReleased(D2ViewProject.java:126)
at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Please help! I have downloaded the newest version of GoMule and the same thing happens. Literally, right when 2.5 updated, this happened. It is not the same without muling :(. I really wanted to get to the elusive lvl. 99 but without muling, it is just not fun! I plead for someone to help! I do not know if it is just me or widespread. I created this account just to find out! Thank you!

Kind regards,

-Necrodeath
You may check this post, there are all necesary steps to update your stashes to newest version of GoMule :

Reactions: Apila
Hello

You may check this post, there are all necesary steps to update your stashes to newest version of GoMule :
Hello,

Thank you so much for your advice! This worked, I can open my characters and shared stashes. I love this game and do not want to stop playing it. The terror zones have me excited and hope to crack the elusive 99 club. I have been playing since 2001 and have never reached it. Thanks again! I am sure I would of got tried of playing Diablo immortal waiting to fix D2R GoMule! You are a lifesaver!

Kind regards,

Necro

Reactions: gregth
Hello,

Thank you so much for your advice! This worked, I can open my characters and shared stashes. I love this game and do not want to stop playing it. The terror zones have me excited and hope to crack the elusive 99 club. I have been playing since 2001 and have never reached it. Thanks again! I am sure I would of got tried of playing Diablo immortal waiting to fix D2R GoMule! You are a lifesaver!

Kind regards,

Necro
My pleasure, but all the credits should go to this guy who keeps updating GoMule even if he does not play D2 anymore :)
Also Terror Zones are not implemented on single player so you will have to play on ladder to experiment it

Last edited:
Windows 11 issue with LOD. I bought a new laptop so that I could play D2R and have had no problems getting D2R and GoMule up and running. However, I want to have the ability to go back and play 1.14 If for no other reason than to sell a bunch of stuff in my old Atma stashes. Unfortunately, Windows 11 is not allowing me to download the install file from Blizzard. I get a message that this is not a common download.

There should be a tooltip to download it anyway. I have downloaded things after they were blocked for being not a common download (trenshadow folders, no cd patch, etc). I think i just clicked on the failed/canceled download in the downloads toolbar of my browser and then it gave me the option to download anyway.

Been playing without issue the last week, just some lag spikes occasionally. Just started NM today, completely froze three times in 15 minutes, going from Cold Plains to Stony Field. Settings are already pretty low.

How frequently do folks see lag spikes and crashes in D2R?

While this thread is for technical help because it is a sticky it tends to get ignored. It's not that we don't want to help people just don't look to see that someone has posted. In the past I waited 10 days for a response.

I can't speak to how frequently lags happen, though they do happen. My guess is that it has something more to do with how many people are on the server than your computer.

As to crashes they do happen and you better be backing up your character because when one happens the character file gets corrupted and you can't the game no longer sees it. This happened to me just two weeks ago with my level 97 Wolfbarb. Thankfully, I use GoMule and was able to restore the character and only lost a couple of days. Here's a link to my thread so that you can read what happened and what was recommended. Technical help needed

Reactions: Bizurker
Been playing without issue the last week, just some lag spikes occasionally. Just started NM today, completely froze three times in 15 minutes, going from Cold Plains to Stony Field. Settings are already pretty low.

How frequently do folks see lag spikes and crashes in D2R?
This might be unrelated, but I started getting huge lag spikes and crashes once I made Fortitude. The masses of Ice Bolts from chilling armor were too much, so I lowered the settings and it runs fine. Have you started using a new skill animation? I know you've got the settings on low, but possibly that could still be it.

@snickersnack has a point. Back in January I made a Phoenix shield for my Wolfbarb and suddenly I had the game quit on its own and when it did it it was always when killing the council. It first I thought it was a bug similar to what can happen when an Act 2 merc uses Delerium. I finally determined that my laptop has two graphic cards and while the 3070Ti is more than adequate it wasn't operating as the primany. There was simply too much stuff going on for the primary to handle and it just shut the game down. Thankfully, I just had to change the the laptop to make the 3070Ti the Primary,

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High