SPF Technical Support

I got the Runewords working finally! The forum link has a PDF that was confusing, expecting you to have another RedRuneMod that I wasn't interested in. However inside the zip of the Ladder Runeword mod I found a different .txt that explained it well.

The /fps command shows you your FPS, it doesn't unlock the mouse FPS from 25 to 60... When you play through TCP/IP Host or Battle.net your mouse moves freely at 60fps, but in Single Player it's locked to 25fps, feels very choppy. The approved Singling mod doesn't fix this issue.

-EDIT: I've scienced a little bit and found that not everyone run the game with default 25fps mouse. I've done it by pausing their YouTube videos and viewed them frame-by-frame to inspect the movement behavior of their mouse cursor.

Definite 60fps mouse: Luhkoh, ResTTe
Definite 25fps mouse: ffs, maxicek, Bewitch
Impossible to know because their videos are never recorded in 60fps: Gripphon, Pb_Pal, Babyhell, D30D043, Pax1990

Please confirm if 60 fps mouse fix is allowed or not.
Also I suggest updating the rules as they currently claim that Singling is allowed under rule section 2.1, but later in the Community and Links thread it links one approved version which doesn't have the 60 fps fix, so it's a bit confusing.

Last edited:
I'm not certain that this is the right thread, but here we go:

Are MP games still done through Hamachi?

Do I need to open any ports?

Halp.

TCP/IP can be done by either forwarding TCP ports 4000 and 6112 on the host's side and then the client connecting to the host directly via IP address, OR by using Hamachi or similar software to simulate a LAN between two non-LAN computers.

Reactions: snickersnack
Ok, I admit defeat and I'm asking for help. I need a guide for usingthe items in gold that show when we are entering a post. Most are pretty obvious , but I specifically need help understanding Inline code and inline spoiler. I want to be able to label spoilers and insert the information that is hidden till you hit the spoiler button.

There is a link to BB Codes available in the Community & Links sticky

Hi, does anyone know where to find the modified d2gfx.dll required for multiple instances with 1.14d?

The latest version I could find was the one for 1.13d and that one does not work for 1.14d (was worth a shot).

EDIT: Nevermind, I'll just stick with 1.13d since 1.14+ brings nothing new.

Last edited:
Hi. I haven't been able to make the Glide Wrapper work in 1.14d. Any tips?

Edit: I got it to work, it was a dll issue. It's not looking as good as I remember and I saw in some videos. Does the Glide Wrapper have better results in 1.13 than in 1.14?

Last edited:
Did you tweak the settings and found a particular one with better results?

I'm having troubles with Baal. Last night I decided to do a Baal run on P/8 with my zealot and everything went fine till it was time for the minion waves and they didn't come. I double and triple checked to make sure that there were no other monsters anywhere in the level and after being decreped by Baal multiple times I finally got the first wave to spawn after what seemed like 5 minutes. After that it took what seemed to be another 5 minutes before the second wave spawned. After waiting again I finally gave up.

The game doesn't freeze, Baal casts decrepify and the light is whirling around him. I can open portals and come back or even go elsewhere to kill monsters and come back. Baal simply does not cast the minion waves as he normally does.

This is the second time this has happened to me. I can't remember if the first time happened with the same character when I killed Baal for the first time or with the last character I took through Hell. The first time all 5 waves eventually spawned and I killed Baal.

The game is stored on a portable hard drive as it has been for many years. It was updated to version 1.14d when I came back last April. I will add that sometines the game seems to pause or freeze for a couple of seconds before resuming, but that did not happen with either of these runs.

Update, I've run Baal twice tonight once at p/1 and once at p/4 with no problems. If anything the minion waves came quicker than I expected. Would still like to know what happened last night.

Last edited:
Greetings, fellow shin kickers!!!!

Do we have any Windows 10 subject matter experts knocking about? It seems that lord Baal has tricked me into believing that my recent legacy 1.09d install was successful. Every time I attempt to launch the game I get an unhandled exception access violation, and I cant D2. :(

I have told both Diablo II.exe and Game.exe to run in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP3, with administrator privilege, I have replaced Game.exe with the no CD version (but I dont think its working, because if I try to launch with no disc its says insert disc), and I have added both Diablo II.exe and Game. exe to the Data Execution Prevention 'whitelist'.

Is there anything else I should be trying?

Greetings, fellow shin kickers!!!!

Do we have any Windows 10 subject matter experts knocking about? It seems that lord Baal has tricked me into believing that my recent legacy 1.09d install was successful. Every time I attempt to launch the game I get an unhandled exception access violation, and I cant D2. :(

I have told both Diablo II.exe and Game.exe to run in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP3, with administrator privilege, I have replaced Game.exe with the no CD version (but I dont think its working, because if I try to launch with no disc its says insert disc), and I have added both Diablo II.exe and Game. exe to the Data Execution Prevention 'whitelist'.

Is there anything else I should be trying?
How did you install 1.09d?
  1. Patch up from a fresh install of 1.07 OR
  2. downgrade from a higher version?
If it is the latter you might be affected by the "new" digital installer having incompatible MPQ files.

Another question is whether you used the 1.09d version of the modified game.exe to replace the original 1.09d game.exe?

@art_vandelay Believe it or not I still have my original D2 Classic and D2 LoD CDs, both with valid CD keys. So after I installed 1.07 LoD from the discs I launched LOD_109d.exe executable. I wonder though, is there any way to check if the patch update was successful? I know D2 will tell you once you are in game, but my problem is I cant get the game to open. :LOL:

And as far as the Game exe, I just checked the nocd pack folder, and the 1.09d folder is empty, so Im sure I used the right file

Last edited:
@art_vandelay Believe it or not I still have my original D2 Classic and D2 LoD CDs, both with Cvalid D keys. So after I installed 1.07 LoD from the discs I launched LOD_109d.exe executable. I wonder though, is there any way to check if the patch update was successful? I know D2 will tell you once you are in game, but my problem is I cant get the game to open. :LOL:

And as far as the Game exe, I just checked the nocd pack folder, and the 1.09d folder is empty, so Im sure I used the right file
Okay, original discs is the best way to go. You also used the LOD patch and not the classic one, so that is also good :D

Upon patching my way from 1.00 to 1.14d I got a very strange error on the first or second patch I installed. Apparently I clicked my way through although it didn't actually patch. This was due to the "permissions" window not popping up when I double clicked the patch .exe. Maybe try the patch again until you get the windows prompt asking you whether you want to give permission to execute this file.

And the obligatory question: can you even start 1.07? Because if that doesn't work it might be a problem with the installation itself.

Well, I think Ive made some progress. I changed compatibility from SP3 to SP2, and selected run in 640x480, and added the -w command to the target line. The game will now at least open, which I guess is a start. After initially crashing before I could finish a single Hell Meph run, Ive been able to complete 2 in a row. Even found a 96% ED Hawkmail lol. Gonna take me a while to get used to window mode if this is my only option going forward, as Ive been full screen my entire D2 career. I couldnt get more than 1 instance to start though, so for now at least, rushing is out of the question. That is really going to suck, because the whole reason Im in 1.09 and not D2: R is I wanted to get a beta Call to Arms. I had one prior to my last 'retirement,' but unfortunately I didnt do a full backup and its been lost to the Squid. :(

Well, I think Ive made some progress. I changed compatibility from SP3 to SP2, and selected run in 640x480, and added the -w command to the target line. The game will now at least open, which I guess is a start. After initially crashing before I could finish a single Hell Meph run, Ive been able to complete 2 in a row. Even found a 96% ED Hawkmail lol. Gonna take me a while to get used to window mode if this is my only option going forward, as Ive been full screen my entire D2 career. I couldnt get more than 1 instance to start though, so for now at least, rushing is out of the question. That is really going to suck, because the whole reason Im in 1.09 and not D2: R is I wanted to get a beta Call to Arms. I had one prior to my last 'retirement,' but unfortunately I didnt do a full backup and its been lost to the Squid. :(
The -w probably did it, I have that on by default as full screen is just horrible to play.

In order to start multiple instances you need a modified .dll which you can find here:
It's under "Multi-Instance dlls" where you get a bundle for all versions.

And before I forget: Welcome back!

Check out the 1.09 News, Info and Gossip thread, which is the reincarnation of the rollcall thread from the old SPF as well as the time traveling info post where a lot of stuff is already "bundled", including 1.09 info.

I think Im slowly making progress since my last post. I still cant get no CD to work, so I will either have to look into making an .iso and mounting a virtual disc, or just hope and pray that my 20 year old cd doesnt become unreadable.

But Ive buggered around with Game.exe a bit more, and it looks like multi instance is finally working!!!!!! But its not running in windowed mode, nor is it running in full screen, so it looks awkward as all get out. But the main thing is, its working, so I think Im just going to keep it working and not bugger with it anymore LOL.

Make sure your shortcut points to game.exe if you are using the no CD patch.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High