SPF Quest for Guardians in Progress thread

Lol. I think I'm going to just go for an untwinked 99er in thread. SC, but once you get up to a high level, it sucks to die pretty bad. Once I level this little fellow a bit you'll see me over there. Farming Enigma on a UT char without teleport will be fun... or just trying to get to 99 sans teleport.

@BBS_Agonistes It isn't actually too bad, you just need to load up on FRW items and Vigor. Even with Terror Zones, the investment in time for Enigma will be worth it.

Reactions: BBS_Agonistes
Digging up this thread to add a fallen char and a new lvl 1 start.

I was planning to post my HC pacifist summoner once I got into Hell; but faced an unexpected early death.
Series of bottlenecks in Arcane Sanctuary lead me to
carelessly teleport into - ironically - the summoner platform and got blasted.

This char was created to be something I could play on the side while watching Youtube/Netflix,
and thought it would be a fun lil achievement to go pure pacifist/summoner from the start.
The very first corpse was provided by Flavie, and the first session was played to lvl 9(was it 6?) to hire a merc.
UG_afk001.png
Interestingly, killed made by Flavie provide 0 exp.
UG_afk002.png

The Normal Diablo without iron maiden/clay golem combo was going to be the first big challenge,
but a very lucky drop in River of Flames helped tremendously.
UG_afk003.png

The Edge runeword in a shortbow was made, and he kept it on as mainhand weapon until...
Screenshot053.png
well, the end.

EDIT: Still not sure which char to play. o_O
EDIT2: yup. will try double throw.

Rich (BB code):
Forumite         Character        Class  Furthest WP       Level      Date          UT   E/S  SP   S/U   Version
---------------  ---------------  -----  ----------------  -----     ----------     ---  ---  ---  ----  -------
lizard           Hyman            Druid  Guardian          82        2022-03-16     Yes  Yes  No   223   D2L
HanShotFirst     Mordred          Necro  Guardian          87        2022-05-11     Yes  Yes  Yes  200   D2R
abridged         sanity           Sorc   Guardian          94        2022-11-01     No   Yes  No   ?     D2R
Vang             Axer             Pal    Guardian          83        2022-07-17     Yes  Yes  Yes  200   D2R
Vang             Annihilation     Druid  Guardian          81        2022-08-13     No   Yes  No   -     D2R
lizard           Deanna           Amazon Guardian          86        2022-08-21     No   Yes  No   -     D2L
little birdy     seymour          Druid  Guardian          83        2023-03-29     No   No   No   -     D2R
BBS_Agonistes    Eegan            Barb   Guardian          87        2023-06-26     Yes  Yes  No   -     D2R

Questing Heroes

Rich (BB code):
Forumite         Character        Class  Furthest WP           Level  Date                UT   E/S  SP   S/U     Version
---------------  ---------------  -----  ----------------      -----  ----------          ---  ---  ---  ----    -------
abridged         lars             Barb   Lut Gholein  NM       47     2022-05-22          Yes  Yes  No   -       D2R
Oblivious        Sgillvarl        Barb   Lut Gholein           20     2022-09-07          Yes  Yes  No   -       D2R
little birdy     yuffie           Asn    Kurast Docks Hell     81     2023-05-06          No   No   No   -       D2R
Gynli            DoubleThrow      Barb   Stony Field           9      2023-11-19          Yes  No   No   -       D2R

The Fallen

Rich (BB code):
Forumite         Character        Class  Furthest WP       Level  Date       UT   E/S  SP   S/U   Version
---------------  ---------------  -----  ----------------  -----  ---------- ---  ---  ---  ----  -------
abridged         persistence      Barb   Durance of Hate   23     Apr22      Yes  Yes  No   -     D2R
abridged         druid            Druid  Flayer Jungle H   80     Oct22      Yes  Yes  No   -     D2R
abridged         vanilla          Sorc   RoF NM            55     Nov22      No   Yes  No   -     D2R
Vang             Chains           Sorc   Lut Gholein H     76     Aug22      Yes                  D2R
Vang             Ravage           Druid  Kurast Docks  N   26     22-08-09   No   Yes  No   -     D2R
BBS_Agonistes    Zelek            Pala   WSK 2 NM          69     2023-07-04 Yes  Yes  No   -     D2R
Gynli            UG_afk           Necro  Arcane Sanc NM    57     2023-11-18 Yes  No   No   -     D2R

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: HanShotFirst
Tuff break Gynli, your summoner deeded out to THE Summoner. Just a question: what is a pacifist summoner?

@DaveW There is a "pacifist" run i saw on YT where you try to go through the game and not deal any damage to the monsters yourself - using thorns and the likes. Very tedious.

Im not sure if their definition of pacifist aligns with mine, but for that particular necro, it was a single tree summoner necro that never whacked a monster. All the first corpses were provided by the merc - and Flavie for the very first.

Kinda sounds like a regular summoner tbh. After all my Fishymancer relies on the merc to drop the first corpses for army building then subsequent corpses for CE. Does Thorns come from the Edge runeword?

Yup. A typical fishy but minus the CE and curses; more into mages and revives.

And yes thorns was from Edge rw.

I had planned to move on to Harmony for the vigor in Hell, along with a fire Iron Wolf for the enchant, depending on the revives available.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High