Spamming Bots

silverTnT

Oct 10, 2004
Spamming Bots

well how are these bots roaming around d2 like Blizz don't care! these guys are just so lame and annoying. How in the world does a lvl5 spamming bot appear in Hell? i don't get it!

I thought u gotta be a certain lvl to past each difficulty!?

I hope patch comes out with completely NO bots dirtying this game.

silverTnT said:
well how are these bots roaming around d2 like Blizz don't care! these guys are just so lame and annoying. How in the world does a lvl5 spamming bot appear in Hell? i don't get it!

I thought u gotta be a certain lvl to past each difficulty!?

I hope patch comes out with completely NO bots dirtying this game.

They managed to get low level characters up to hell the same way people rush up low level characters for hellforge runs (the low lvl chars sit in town, while allied with someone who needs the baal quest).

You might be able to ignore the bots that spam in channels, by using the /o igpub or the /o igpriv command (which ignores anyone in a public channels and private channels that aren't on your friends list. For bots in games, though, there isn't much you can do. I've gotten into the habit of pressing 'p' and the squelching a bot when it joins pretty much straight away.

Most of the time, though, squelching a bot in the game doesn't work, because as soon as you press the squelch button, the bot quits the game (even without saying it's advertisement). Also, when you quit and join a new game, your squelch list is cleared (as far as I know), which means any bot you were able to ignore in the previous game will need to be re-squelched in the next game :(

As for blizzard caring. I'm not sure they can do much about it. Having no experience with bots, I can only assume that, from bnet's side of things, they look like an average human playing. Blizzard wouldn't be able to ban bots for certainty. Again, I have no experience with bots, so I could be wrong :/

I've tried to squelth them and had Diablo say something like "this is not a valid user" or something along those lines... I mean... how in the word can that happen if i'm clicking the icon next to their name?

itsPizzarific said:
yeah it says that first but then they leave a couple seconds later

Yea, well, it's in the botter's best interest (I guess) to try and not have their bots squelched by anyone (otherwise their ... er .. important message won't be heard). The way I figure it, if you try to squelch them, they quit (possibly bnet). Thats why they leave the game a few seconds after you've squelched them, without even saying anything.

Are bots really that big in the states?
that sounz crap as

Do they just sit in town?

if not just kill the b%%$$s Might not solve the problem, but could be satisfying at least.

I cant believe ppl waste their time with Bots, like we care about their crappy messages!

Orphan said:
For bots in games, though, there isn't much you can do. I've gotten into the habit of pressing 'p' and the squelching a bot when it joins pretty much straight away.

Simply press N as many times as needed.

The N key clears the screen from any message.

For example, I use it a lot when joining a Baal game, because I'm often one of the firsts to join, and then the screen gets filled with several "xxxxxxx has joined the game". Press N, and your screen gets clean, simple and easy :thanks: !

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High