So what is your launch day plan? Will there be any launch day tourneys?

Sid

Sep 20, 2021
I keep waffling about what I want to do tomorrow. I feel like I should have some sort of strategic plan, like a sept all planned out or something. It would probably be most practical to start with a strong build that isn't too gear-dependant so I can get through Hell and start farming ASAP. But then I think, what's the hurry? Maybe instead I should focus on playing a build for each class that I've never played before. Or set some kind of rules for myself, like a tourney.

I don't want to load into the game tomorrow and then spend half an hour indecisvely staring at my screen :)

What are your plans for launch day? Do you have a long-term strategic plan you'll be following?

Edit: I probably should have noted that I don't plan on copying my old characters over to D2R. I'm treating it as a fresh start.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zodiac and D2DC
No specific plans for launch day but at some point I would like to take one of my "to do" chars and just visit as many locations while questing to enjoy the new graphics.
In the end I will move my chars to D2R so there is no rush to start any specific char or do lots of MF/LK runs.

Reactions: Sid
Starting as an Orballer on PS5. I haven't played D2 in ~15 years so I'm pretty psyched, I even got a day off at work today and tommorow :D I've got platinum trophy in D3 recently, but man that game sucks compared to D2. I'm a little bummed about lack of extended stash (like Gomule) and no /players x command, but it's still gonna be a blast :)

I plan to jump into @Vang's random tournament the moment it starts so that I can enjoy the graphics in a single pass full clear untwinked game :)

Until the tournament starts I'll probably start with a build with which I am fairly familiar (and maybe join the UT99er thread?) The reason is that in the beta I found the feeling of the movements and the targeting somewhat different than in D2 Legacy and I don't want to die in HC because of misclicks with an unfamiliar build 😅

Also, I will do a fresh start and leave my legacy characters in Legacy.

BTW, you can already install the game, so you can start right away later :)

I plan to jump into @Vang's random tournament the moment it starts so that I can enjoy the graphics in a single pass full clear untwinked game :)

Until the tournament starts I'll probably start with a build with which I am fairly familiar (and maybe join the UT99er thread?) The reason is that in the beta I found the feeling of the movements and the targeting somewhat different than in D2 Legacy and I don't want to die in HC because of misclicks with an unfamiliar build 😅

Also, I will do a fresh start and leave my legacy characters in Legacy.

BTW, you can already install the game, so you can start right away later :)

Ooh random tourny now I know what I am probably going to do :D

I'm starting up with an Orballer to give myself a magic find character without high gear requirements. I'm going to do a full clear (but not single pass) on her to "properly" level her up. Just a few minutes to go!

Reactions: Morathi and Sid
no idea if anyone remembers me, GUESS WHO IS BACK HAHAHA! (i can't believe my avi on old site looked so bad HAHAHA)

yes its me the real morathi, man who made and participated in many many tourneys all those long years ago HAHAHA!

Is InsaneWayne and Jiansonz still around AHHHA?

no idea if anyone remembers me, GUESS WHO IS BACK HAHAHA! (i can't believe my avi on old site looked so bad HAHAHA)

yes its me the real morathi, man who made and participated in many many tourneys all those long years ago HAHAHA!

Is InsaneWayne and Jiansonz still around AHHHA?
Welcome back Morathi - I remember you from all those ages ago :)\

Come join the random tournament (D2R edition)

Created a summoner. Already feeling the vibe, just enjoy your coffee and let the skeletons do their job.

I'm also thinking about making an LK sorc or Trav runner, maybe a WW druid because Wolfbarb, my favourite, could be out of my reach for a long time.

Welcome back Morathi - I remember you from all those ages ago :)\

Come join the random tournament (D2R edition)
Moment i saw your name again it flashed back memories for me also! HAHAHA

I saw that tourney! hahah i am still undecided.

Is Jiansonz or InsaneWayne around still??

Moment i saw your name again it flashed back memories for me also! HAHAHA

I saw that tourney! hahah i am still undecided.

Is Jiansonz or InsaneWayne around still??
I've not seen either unfortunately.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High