So Project Diablo 2

In The Name of Zod

Jul 13, 2007
Project Diablo 2 - Home Page

If you have tried Median XL and liked it then why not give this a shot, well that was my thinking. Either way its an excuse to play the game from scratch again. How many of us here are thinking of giving it a try? PD2 seems to have a focus on rebalancing the game which to me will makes it a potential distraction for a whiles. Anyone else here looking to give it a spin? Thoughts on what you want to try out in it?

Anybody bossing it in beta?

If I give it a go I can stream it. I downloaded it and didn't play yet, but checked out the skill changes.

Giving it a go with a SC Amazon focusing on Spears if anyone wants to know my Zon is named freon (be on a bit to now, maybe some later, but not sure)

Heard it was still quite buggy. Has stuff been sorted out?

Waiting with Krem atm for servers to be back up. Not optimistic :)

Heard it was still quite buggy. Has stuff been sorted out?

I think it is just the servers, I'm only lvl 15 on their online mod, but playing SP was fine (IMO), though only 12ish. Not sure about higher levels.

I've been watching some of MrLlamaSC's youtubes and yes it does appear to have a sum of bugs. The biggest one that I can tell appears to be the need to re-equip your weapon on each level up to get certain bonuses. To me, its a game breaker so I won't be jumping on it just yet. There are some other smaller bugs too that I won't go into but it's probably best to say that the gameplay appears to be a 'work in progress' and that they are on the right track. Servers be damned.

I've been watching some of MrLlamaSC's youtubes and yes it does appear to have a sum of bugs. The biggest one that I can tell appears to be the need to re-equip your weapon on each level up to get certain bonuses. To me, its a game breaker so I won't be jumping on it just yet. There are some other smaller bugs too that I won't go into but it's probably best to say that the gameplay appears to be a 'work in progress' and that they are on the right track. Servers be damned.
I honestly worried if they will get a letter from Blizzard to shutdown since they seem to be all over every gaming website

I honestly worried if they will get a letter from Blizzard to shutdown since they seem to be all over every gaming website
That's kind of good. Hopefully the more people playing the more likely they will be to keep working on its bugs and gameplay improvements. I'm curious to know what their long term plans are. I can imagine it turning into another version of medianXL, the temptation to go berserk with changes once you get your hands on the controls of a fun and engaging mod are pretty high. Working out when to stop is the hard bit.

Im playing PD2 with old mates from dii.net. Im lvl 80 Barb in Hardcore atm.. and I must say... I FRICKING LUV PD2.
New and better versions of uniques, sets and rws++ More balanced, their trying to reduce the op items and buff the lower items.

Only problem is hackers and dupers... yes they are still around. They got ddos'ed and attacks on servers daily. But they are working constantly to fix things, but servers are down now and again.

So far, easy to reccomend Project Diablo 2.

Got to admit, I'm not too impressed from what I've been reading about it on their website. Seems like there is less importance put on items and more on skills which really sucks. Lame, I'll give it a pass. :cautious:

Got to admit, I'm not too impressed from what I've been reading about it on their website. Seems like there is less importance put on items and more on skills which really sucks. Lame, I'll give it a pass. :cautious:
I'd say it is no different than vanilla on the skills/item importance.

Damn, I thought my days of playing hack'n'slash ancient games in windowed mode are over. Alas, I was mistaken! Dildor, the pale-skinned softcore summoner is shaping up well :)

Reactions: KremBanan
I recently heard about PD2, and in checking it out, I heard about Path of Diablo, and in checking them both out, PD2 seems kinda like a copy of PoD, except anything that was really good got nerfed hard, so now everything is kind of "bad", but balanced. Honestly even though i like a little extra difficulty, i didnt find it that enjoyable, and have been playing PoD instead. PoD is a bit more like LoD, but with some very amazing QoL features, and servers that are WAY more stable than b.net.

Reactions: DigitalDiarrhea
Might consider it. I want to use a Hydra sorceress again and a mod is probably the best bet I'm going to get to use one. Since the og Diablo 2 broke it with a cooldown without drastically increasing it's damage.

If they so happen to shoot frozen orbs or meteors that just sounds funny. xD

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High