Snapchip/MF Tourney results [by ffs]

Pb_pal

Mar 19, 2020
This tournament has already ended. It was originally posted by @ffs on Nov 27, 2018.
(link to original thread on diabloii.net)

So now that our little Snapchip vs the rest of the world tourney is over, it's time for results:

Category 1 (A85, Snapchip/Pindle+)

1. @Albatross: 65
Death's Fathom 16.8
Dragonscale 14.6
Griswold's Redemption 11.3
Griswold's Redemption 11.3
Cerebus' Bite 11.0

2. @Apila 55.3
Mang Song's Lesson - 27.8
Death Cleaver - 9.3
Ghostflame - 9.3
Messerschmidt's Reaver - 4.6
Tomb Reaver - 4.3

3. @Zylo 50.3
Crown of Ages 10.7
Shadow Dancer 10.7
Griswold's Honor 9.8
Heaven's Light 9.8
Gargoyle's Bite 9.3

4. @EatSleepDiablov2 50.1
Cerebus' Bite 11.0
Steelrend 10.7
The Redeemer 9.8
Death Cleaver 9.3
The Cranium Basher 9.3

5. @Tatterson 40.4
Halaberd's Reign 10,4
Windforce 9,3
Executioner's Justice 9,3
Warshrike 5,7
Doombringer 5,7

6. @maxicek 32.1
Halaberd's Reign 10.4
Nightwing's Veil 5.7
Horizon's Tornado 5.7
Leviathan 5.7
Messerschmidt's Reaver 4.6

7. @Grape 24.8
Steel Shade 6,6
Thunderstroke 4,7
Messerschmidt's Reaver 4,6
Fleshripper 4,6
Griswold's Valor 4,3

8. @srrw 22.7
Bul-Kathos' Tribal Guardian 3.8
Dragonscale 14.6
Tomb Reaver 4.3

9. @Pb_pal 20.5
Windforce - 9.3
Djinn Slayer - 3.2
Tal Rasha's Guardianship - 3.2
Ethereal Edge - 2.5
Arioc's Needle - 2.3

10. @T72on1 11.6
Frostwind: 4.6
Tal Rasha's Guardianship: 3.2
Demon Limb: 2.8
IK Maul: 1

11. @Friiser 3.1
Naj's Light Plate

12. @NanoMist 0/didn't run
12. @Kitteh 0/didn't run
12. @Caralis 0/didn't run/no result posted

Category 2 (Baal)
@Friiser - 19.9
Cerberus' Bite, 10.6
Sazabi's Cobalt Redeemer, 2.6
Hellslayer, 2.5
M'avina's Embrace, 2.5
Credendum, 1.7

Category 3 (Nihlathak)
@ffs 63.5
Schaefer's Hammer 15.9
Alma Negra 9.1
Demonhorn's Edge 7.9
Boneshade 7.8
Boneshade 7.8

Note: Results may change as scores from @Caralis are still outstanding.

Congrats @Albatross on taking the win in category 1, and a bunch of HRs including Cham and Zod to boot! Pretty crazy in particular considering what I assume was P1 running. But nice drops throughout the field, at least for those that managed to run a decent amount, with Mang Song's (+ one that unfortunately didn't count), DFathom, CoA and a couple of Windforces.

Thanks for participating all! Let's see those drops. :)

Last edited:
Originally posted by Albatross

@ffs thank you for hosting! I see you almost beat me with Nihl, too :)

@ioupainmax thanks :)

While the S/U stuff was in line with what I'd expect from ~3k runs, the rune drops were absurd (yes, p1 runs). The whole misc category actually: 3x SoJ (I've only had two before), Metalgrid, Nature's Peace, 3 facets.

The haul looks pretty good compared to my ~4k MFO runs, but taking the density of the new map into consideration it's easy to see why (6.1 vs 5.65).

1596715805625.png

Both CoAs got only 1 socket, Fathom rolled 22% (sadly worse than the one I'm using), Griffon's got -19/10.

You probably also noticed the unidentified Sacred Armor - another Templar's to add to my salt collection.

Originally posted by ffs

So here's my haul pic with top 5, runes Pul+ and a few other noteworthy drops:
1596715939272.png
Based on XP gain he completed ~2800-3000 Nihlathak runs depending on XP shrines and given I'm not exactly sure where he was at when the tourney started. :)

Ran with ~180 MF.

A couple of eth grail additions with Arach and the above pictured Thunderstroke (4/169). I crafted amulets along the way with the most notable result being a 1/20 Paladin. With one shrine on the way to Nihlathak being checked for Gem shrines, I upgraded something like 80~100 PAmethysts (not sure exactly since I muled some over to general stash and cubed along the way).

Generally interesting non-qualifiers posted here and here.

@Albatross Congratulations on the win! Can you post your AT Map?

Who was the highest Snapchip runner? I’m interested to see number of Snapchip runs vs drops.
@Pb_pal was the only one to specify it with his report, with the score being the result of 1k Snap runs. From the others I don't know. People were allowed to switch back and forth between targets (and I didn't ask for that to be specified in the reporting, my fault :)).

Generally I feel not many ended up running him, but hopefully people will share some more information.
@Albatross WOW, lovely haul pic, three SoJ :eek:?!!?! Very very nice

EDIT: Don't know how I missed this, but nice haul pic @ffs !

I'm noticing a severe lack of green, I'm assuming you both got lots of green items but they were low scorers so were omitted for space etc.?
@maxicek thank you! It's the one I beat Corrupted's record from the Hall of Records on. You can see some of the map in the video, but I'll post the screenshot with the path and spawn density assessment when I'm back home.

@ioupainmax the SoJ count is pretty crazy, I doubt I picked up more than 15 unique rings. You are also right about the lack of green, I was too lazy to self MP or merge two haul pics in paint this time. So stuff like 2x gris cad, 4x tal's armor, etc. were left out. Besides, gold is way more stylish than green :p

Originally posted by Pb_pal

Nice results everyone! Congrats to @Albatross , that's really awesome.

As @ffs mentioned I did a clean 1000 Snapchip runs. That's all the time I had, but it's also a nice clean number for data purposes so win-win. Here's how it broke down for me:

All runs performed with my Zerker (744% MF).

Qualifiers (7 Total):
run 432 - Arioc's Needle
run 492 - IK Maul
run 581 - Ethereal Edge
run 645 - Tal Rahsa's Guardianship
run 732 - Dangoon's teaching
run 913 - Windforce
run 921 - Djinn Slayer

I also tried my best to pick up all S/U I found, though I know I missed 1 or two in there mostly due to Gloams being around. Either way, here are some numbers for fun:

Normal S/U: 49
Exceptional S/U: 24
Elite S/U: 7
Total S/U: 80

Runes:
Pul, Ko

Nothing too fancy, but it was fun to run a different target for a while, and make a fun build specific for it. I doubt I'll ever go back though.

Thanks as always to @ffs for hosting!

Originally posted by Zylo

Thank you @ffs for hosting, and congrats to @Albatross with the win. Good job to all other runners, hopefully you all got something you're happy about.

The haul:
1596716136960.png
1596716146154.png
Some rares picked up along the way:
Code:
Beast Bar
Thunder Maul
Two Hand Damage: 123 - 712
Durability: 42 of 60
Required Level: 65
Required Strength: 253
Fingerprint: 0xcac61924
Item Level: **
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+40% Increased Attack Speed
275% Enhanced Damage
+37 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
+1237 to Attack Rating (Based on Character Level)
+150% Damage to Undead
Adds 1 - 8 Lightning Damage
Adds 1 - 3 Cold Damage Over 3 Secs (75 Frames)
Hit Causes Monster to Flee 25%

Demon Hand
Light Gauntlets
Defense: 11
Durability: 18 of 18
Required Level: 35
Required Strength: 45
Fingerprint: 0x41805f55
Item Level: 85
+2 to Javelin and Spear Skills (Amazon Only)
+20% Increased Attack Speed
Fire Resist +20%
Poison Length Reduced by 25%
Repairs 1 Durability in 33 Seconds

Dire Visage
Falcon Mask
Defense: 42
Durability: 54 of 60
Required Level: 30
Required Strength: 28
Fingerprint: 0x26c125b0
+2 to Elemental Skills (Druid Only)
+2 to Summon Grizzly (Druid Only)
+2 to Tornado (Druid Only)
+47% Enhanced Defense
+8 to Life
Fire Resist +7%
Poison Length Reduced by 25%

Raven Eye
Jewel
Required Level: 28
Fingerprint: 0xb6394463
+4 to Minimum Damage
+50% Damage to Undead
+48 to Attack Rating against Undead
+9 to Dexterity
Cold Resist +9%
Lightning Resist +9%
Fire Resist +9%
Poison Resist +9%
(I found this bad boy second run, not sure what I'm going to do with it.)

Wraith Visor
Tiara
Defense: 95
Durability: 13 of 25
Required Level: 52
Fingerprint: 0xdafc323b
+2 to Elemental Skills (Druid Only)
+20% Faster Cast Rate
+87% Enhanced Defense
+9 to Strength
All Resistances +18
Level 2 Confuse (17/25 Charges)

Garnet Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Required Level: 39
Fingerprint: 0x56ac408e
+18 to Life
Fire Resist +9%

Originally posted by Apila

Thanks for hosting the tournament!

Then to the runs itself. I had absolutely crazy luck. Mind-blowing, really. I counted 229 runs on the runcounter, and had some where i did not use the counter; still no more than 300 runs of AT. Getting the second place is a surprise. I would have been happy with the Ghostflame, as it was a grailer and a TC87 unique. But 3 grailers (Mang Song as a cherry on the top) in a such small set is pretty miraculous. All in all, i collected 15 qualifiers but left at least a few on the ground.
1596716202953.png

Mang Song's Lesson
Archon Staff
Two Hand Damage: 83 - 99
Durability: 21 of 26
Required Level: 82
Required Strength: 34
Fingerprint: 0xc60e8929
Unidentified
+5 to All Skills
+30% Faster Cast Rate
-11% to Enemy Cold Resistance
-14% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
-7% to Enemy Fire Resistance
Regenerate Mana 10%

I ran with Blizzard Sorc, 597% MF. Average time was 55 seconds or so, which was faster than i thought since i took breaks and watched chess all the while doing it.

I'm of course very happy with the results, and had fun with the little time i had to spare (which i used for this tournament.) Once again, thanks for the hosting and thanks for all the other participants. Looking forward for more of these.

Congrats @Albatross !!! S/U is very nice, but indeed what you might expect. 3x SoJ, Metalgrid (yes, that one amulet I have never ever found), Zod, 2x Cham and Ohm is beyond crazy. But very well deserved for the king of AT !!!

I hardly did any running. I wasn't enjoying it and couldn't push myself to do it anyway. Too much repetitive runs with Neverland to get to 99, I guess, as well as too much desire to play those other two untwinked 99er entrants.

I'm not at my computer, so can't check my runcounter. But iirc I did 500 Snapchip runs with Neverland (Fire Sorc) and 250 - 300 Pindle runs with a Blizz Sorc. Average time was 20s for Snapchip and 19s for Pindle iirc. Snapchip didn't cough up one single qualifier, as the only one to drop in that area came from a boss pack nearby. The other 3 qualifiers dropped from Pindle.

I hope that more people ran Snapchip, so we have at least some data. For now I have the impression he drops far worse than Pindle. Could be pure RNG obviously. I just never had the impression it was going to happen. On other targets like Pindle and especially Pits there's plenty of white, blue and yellow items of a good base type (Archon Staff, Hydra Bow, ... that kind of stuff) dropping, so you have the feeling it's just a matter of time. Snapchip seemed to drop mostly normal and exceptional items, and far less elite.

@ffs Thanks for hosting, it was a very good idea. So sorry for letting you down. On the plus side: it's the first time I place in front of @NanoMist in a tournament ;).
Wow!!! 3 SoJs, looks like I need to start hitting SnapChip and Pindle more often. Great work!
He did AT :).

Originally posted by Albatross

@maxicek here's the map. Not perfect, but really, really good:
  • best Rogue camp layout, 2 TPs from act II WP to entrance
  • 10 rooms, of which 2 spawn very little
  • 4 minimum spawns, 3 might be possible, but incredibly rare
  • 9 spawns are possible, but also rare (1-2x / 100 runs)
  • full clear density is ~6.37
  • almost no double backing
  • 2 shrines, both on route
  • the first boss is only 3 TPs from entrance
  • the chest room is not the final room you visit*
* this means that I'll check room #10 only if I kill <5 bosses before I reach the chest. This improves run times without sacrificing density.

Still, there are downsides. Like spawning stuff in tight tunnels, mostly room #4. Those are difficult to kill with blizzard and slow me down. Also the first pack, which is present in almost every run, is behind a pillar and I have to guess where to shoot to kill it. Therefore, I believe an even better map is possible, but I wont be re-rolling this one any time soon :)
1596716328085.png
@T72on1 thank you :) Do you remember I mentioned I'd like to find a Sur or Ber before the tournament? Well, the game had other plans and I still can't make Infinity :D

I'm also sorry Snatch was so stingy for you.

@Southpaw8668 I hit neither though :p just ancient tunnels all the way...

Congrats to @Albatross - great finds!

@T72on1 - Same, I didn't have the motivation to run Snap and I just spent my time leveling up my bowazon. Don't worry, we have the drop rates anyway, so it's only a matter of testing the run times and setups. That S&E lag is just too much to overcome.
Technically yes, but we all know probably he would have dropped 3 DWebs if he actually ran, so... ;)

Not experiencing that S&E lag myself, I was wondering: Did all Snapchip runners have that? And does it occur when running Pindle as well?
For Snapchip I had the S&E lag, for Pindle I didn't.
Same here.

Originally posted by Tatterson

I could have ran a lot more & placed a lot better;
1596716444765.png
ofc these aren't all the items I found, just non-duplicates and items which point score I didn't know. Stuff like Tals armor being only 3.2 caught me really off-guard

Not bad for sub-optimal gear, clvl and map; although I could have done much better.

Originally posted by EatSleepDiablov2

Sorry for the delay in posting--just got back from vacation. Congratulations to @Albatross, the other top finishers, and @ffs for hosting...

I was only able to play until November 18th, so placing 4th was pretty respectable. I did 1,000+- AT runs with standard bliz sorc (550 MF).

I rolled a new map before the tourney that I am pretty happy with. Three teleports from the waypoint, a consistent 6-7 bosspacks (sometimes eight), and two shrines. In regards to the latter, I never had one shrine that I could incorporate efficiently, let alone two. They yielded lots of perfect amethysts, the occasional extra boss, and an overall higher degree of safety.

Stats of interest:
  • 85+- qualifiers total
  • 210+- perfect gems
  • 230+- runes total.
  • Top 5: 2 Ohms (both from chest), Gul, Ist, Pul.
  • 40+- Rals (including cubed Tals)
  • 8 TC87s in all. In addition to those in my top 5: 2 Nat's Marks, 2 IK Soul Cages, and 1 Mav's True Sight.
  • 4 Gheeds (MF: 34, 35, 37, and 40)
  • 6 Skillers--none with life (3 Fungal, Fanatic, Burning, and Acrobat)

Hey...how do you you runners take the haul pics, and by that I mean fit everything on your character / inventory? Some of these have way too much to actually fit...right?
I just cherry pick the good ones, and fill a mule to the brim.

You could also host a game, and either join with another PC or if you play an earlier patch run multiple instances. Seems like the screen-shot would get too congested with that though.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High