Seven Self-reliant Saviours of Sanctuary - Kartongen's untwinked sept

Really fun to read up on your progress. Hadn’t been on the forum for a while so had enough to read up on.

With regards on your paladin: did you consider giving him high % of CB to go with the zeal and shock? I found the pally getting in trouble without it from halfway through nm.

It’s probably hard untwinked but might be worth trying to get the guilama’s helmet and a rattlecage for it. I made a black runeword for him too. That gives you 100% CB (if I remember my numbers correctly) which should help a lot
Thanks man.

My initial plan was crescent moon, but I read someone's pat post saying focus on a physical weapon was better. It was really well explained (though I can't find it now), and since that also takes care of immunities for me I started leaning that way.

Your suggestion of high CB also sounds really nice. My Guillume's luck is really bad, I would not even have one if I was twinking, but I can hopefully stack it up in some other way. I will definitively try that out.

Thanks man.

My initial plan was crescent moon, but I read someone's pat post saying focus on a physical weapon was better. It was really well explained (though I can't find it now), and since that also takes care of immunities for me I started leaning that way.

Your suggestion of high CB also sounds really nice. My Guillume's luck is really bad, I would not even have one if I was twinking, but I can hopefully stack it up in some other way. I will definitively try that out.
I am thinking about crescent moon for the a5 merc on my blizzballer. Gives you lightning damage for those fire/ice immunes. Don’t think it’s useful to add lightening damage when you have that yourself. CB doesn’t really add another type of damage so physical/lightening immunes will still be a pest. You might consider voice of reason for them orbs

Reactions: Kartongen
I am thinking about crescent moon for the a5 merc on my blizzballer. Gives you lightning damage for those fire/ice immunes. Don’t think it’s useful to add lightening damage when you have that yourself. CB doesn’t really add another type of damage so physical/lightening immunes will still be a pest. You might consider voice of reason for them orbs
Yeah, I think you are right. When I get a bit further along I will start to look at good weapons. But right now, everything just melts even with my mediocre weapon.

Kaha not man of big words. Kaha tell story short. Jungle dwellers have fallen. Flail with RalRalRal quite effective, but fire boring. Not enough blood. Kaha level 26 now. Maybe more blood coming now. Council will soon let me know.
Made with frail girl stick, wave knife, belt and shiny rock in strange box.
4DGMAAs.jpg

Kaha needs smarter-than-him miniature giant space rodent to guide him and go for the evil councils eyes...

After Kaha, Meskhenet pushed her way through jungles, hell, tundras and some plains, catching up with Mihua at the NM countess. It was a fairly uneventful thing, apart from Ormus/Jamella/Malah becoming filthy rich on their mana potion hussle.

While Mihua had luck finding sorceress items (Tals amu in the underground passage, a 4oS poleaxe and a Sol), Meskhenet found three 3oS exceptional bows. Were they doomed to only find each others items, not being allowed to trade due to the untwinked status?

My initial countess map was horrific, so I decided to reroll until I got something decent - killing normal Baal inbetween every reset. Last reroll, Baal dropped me the orb below. Pretty good for a untwinked CL/FO imo. And the next exploration found me an ok map and a 4oS Scythe. Sadly I am missing one rune. I have apparently only found one Tir (the one in my leaf) this whole journey. So I guess she will run countess for a while.
K2mMP7M.jpg

FCR, +2 to almost all my relevant skills and a huge mana increase. Shame it's 10 levels until I can use it. :p

HdbEcKF.jpg

Look. Superior even. Well, base damage wont matter for a while, if I can just spam FO.

Reactions: Zyr
Umbani was found having only Baal left to beat in normal. He cruised through the WSK at P8. Since I forgot to lower it for Baal, he took quite a long time, but he fell. Drops were very unsatisfying.

Kaha not man of big words. Kaha tell story short. Jungle dwellers have fallen. Flail with RalRalRal quite effective, but fire boring. Not enough blood. Kaha level 26 now. Maybe more blood coming now. Council will soon let me know.
Made with frail girl stick, wave knife, belt and shiny rock in strange box.
4DGMAAs.jpg
Kaha have tried his darling Savage Poleaxe of Swiftness (see earlier post). It was decent fun though act 3 and 4, started to dull a little in act 5. Melee single target attacks might not be my favourite thing, but hopefully the ridiculous damage of a beefed up berserk can change my mind. Tried battlecry for the first time (I think); it is only at one point so far (I am level 32 iirc) but I can definitely see the appeal there.

Beat Baal a few more times. Reached 38. Entered nightmare. Killed my way forward on p5. Slow. Need better axe. Found white partizan. Got 3 sockets in cube. Killed countess about 10 times. Found 2 sol runes. Also cube socketed an etheral ancient armour to 4 sockets. Wanted three. Might give my merc some topazes (if I find any more).
Found another white partizan. 2 sockets. Found one more. Superior (durability). Found a green bill. This will do quite well for now. And the countess? She found it less rejuvenating to bathe in her own blood a handred times.

Reactions: Swamigoon
Battle cry is a ridiculous one point wonder. Like taunt for that matter.

How's the merc doing, did he make it through normal too? Or she if you switched back to a rogue.

Kaha smash puny crab thing. Kaha needs miniature giant space hamster to guide him but only rabbits are available.

Battle cry is a ridiculous one point wonder. Like taunt for that matter.
I just wanna highlight this, for any potential new player etc. Both battle cry and taunt are amazing skills, even at one point.
Battlecry can help so much with hitting things (one point cuts enemy defence by 50%), and taunt is AMAZING against ranged attackers and especially spawners/resurectors.

I was a bit confused about why we were discussing battlecry out of the blue, until I realized war cry was the one I meant to say I tried for the first time with Kaha. It is also good, but I think taunt holds the throne for me as the king of 1-pointers.

Regarding mercs... We discussed this way back, but it is so long ago I dont expect you to remember. I have not kept tabs where they first die in this sept, but I will for the 1.11 septs.
I also have a plan for how I will utilize all 11 merc variants over my three septs, and I plan to post in your merc thread soon-ish. (Act III fire is hard to find a pairing for atm.)

I concur regarding Taunt. When I played a character outfitted with a Myth armor, I felt that its "chance-to-cast level 1 Taunt on striking" was the feature that elevated the runeword from adequate to exceeds-expectations.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High