Seasons. Will they be like D3 seasons/D2 Ladders or just a way to package updates/BPs?

Dr. Cheesesteak

Feb 22, 2022
So I never got into D3 Seasons, nor PoE Leagues, etc. I'm aware of them. iirc, D3 Seasons just gave exclusive gear, via like...Seasonal mission unlocks only? Not drops? I really forget. Either way, Season characters got demoted to non-Season after each Season, right? Like D2 Ladders? And a new character was required to play in the new Season?

And I have no idea how PoE Leagues are. But I know a lot of f2p games have Seasons that are basically just ways to group their content updates, Battle Passes, etc. No characters from previous seasons are like "expired" or "demoted". Granted, I'm thinking of non-RPG games like OW and Apex.

Anyway, I'm just wondering how Seasons in D4 are expected to work. Will it be like D2 Ladders/D3 Seasons? Where your character basically demotes down to normal status and cannot play the new season, meaning you have to make a new character for each season? Or will it be just a way to package new content, updates, BPs, etc into a "Season" and your characters are basically untouched?

The character will demote yes to the normal realms. There's a recap of all this on the WIki if you want to get some more info.

Ah, okay, I see, thanks.

Looking into it more, I guess the Season quests are built around helping "to provide context to new seasonal mechanics – not a new campaign", so looks like I won't be missing much if I don't partake in the seasons.

Also, quite a few spelling errors on that page.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High