[SC][Twinked][Rushing Luhkoh's alike] Bow to HammerMessiah

For real this project is born from @Luhkoh's Lindon Hammerdin. In some way, he is a kind of brother in arm, so - at least for now - he will follow the same path.

Regarding Nihl, to be honest I never went, before this project, into hard/efficient leveling: for me it had always been about Baal Baal Baal... So I clearly have no idea of what efficient build could be used for Nihl. Well I can go that route with an upcoming Zealer (my true loving D2 Paladin build) or Avenger (always liked the NM playthrough, but at this time I didn't play Hell mode).

Reactions: Luhkoh
15hours mark hit... clvl 93.04
kLewYou.png

CS running
8:11/44mn - lvl 89.
9:10/59mn - lvl 90.
10:26/1h16mn - lvl 91.
12:15/1h49mn - lvl 92.
14:52/2h37mn - lvl 93.

Well... being here is a huge achievement by itself for me, even if leveling starts to take ages and ages and i'm not used to push leveling that way, so it's a strange feeling. Based upon the last minutes after lvl 93 (not significant enough, but still), it should bring lvl 94 in about... 210 minutes. Really @Luhkoh, you are a machine, even with leaving everything on the ground and somehow better gear, I bet I couldn't save that much time for the CS part only! Really nice results from you, my still I-am-happy-with performance stresses that ;-)

Also, HammerMessiah never died, which is a nice achievement for me too given the CS situations... @Luhkoh is the guide, amen!

And quite frankly... the last rune drop made it all worth time by itself!
Jah SC #03

Alongside with the Gul, the Um and the Lem, all coming from CS, it had been a pretty productive journey so far. I still have to check my other picks (rare rings & amulets, charms), but already one nice piece is an ethereal Rune master - for the eth grail, with 235ed it is not a great roll, but still has 5os.

Found one 7mf, but a 10 mana/6mf one is good find too as option for my PitZerker.

Regarding skillers, 3 dropped all along:
- the 8 life Fungal before CS,
- a Trainer's and an Entrapping (both plain) during the CS part.

So well. Time for him to get some rest! (or is it for me...)

Reactions: d2lover and Luhkoh
Advice request!
@Luhkoh
Well after some tweaks, I only managed to get to 9k at 47.4s per run.
Tweaks were:
- changed some charms to get in two skillers (one offensive and my new plain combat one, so best damage would be hit by replacing my two offensive ones by two combat ones, that I don't have),
- replaced the Dwarf Star by a BKWB, bringing damage to the 10k range,
- and using now much more the teleport technique with Inventory or LCS opened.

However, even if I grabbed +1k xp/s and 11s per run (on 50 runs each for comparison), I don't see how to get to the 14k/s mark (I'd be plenty satisfied with 12k/s to be honest).

Is the strategy requiring full pack kills, or to focus on bosses only? I'd say I am leaving around 2.5 minions per run per boss. For now I just go kill seal bosses and eventual pack really close.

I don't even pick purples apart after a Convicted Infector, due to the need to heal the merc, Rising Sun is really safe. Only picks are SC/GC/jewels and rare rings/amulets, Ko+ runes and the eventual grailer, so it is not that much - I would take more HR everyday, but well...a Gul lastly, still half a Vex.

I have no shrine to get a chance at xp, but giving the curses not sure that it is something before Diablo runs.

So well, I'd take any input to improve, for a 30% to 50% improvement I must have missed something!

@Luhkoh
So here is a 10'30 running time, with XP starting at 2335701341 and ending at 2341670074, giving a 9474 XP/s result. I didn't count the number of runs yet, but well it should be averaging the same as stated before. This is on p8, I removed the first runs for which I simply forgot the long distance teleport technique.

After the first GCs, i got focused on running and didn't pick anything afterwards (maybe a purple), as I hadn't much time and was kinda cold (fresh and short session - less tired, but less automatic reactions)

So... well, I don't say anything about it for now, I let the comments first!

@Babyhell a video's worth 1000 words. I saw the issue in the first 10 seconds :D. You need a map with a y-shaped vizier layout. Like this:
vGAMDpC.png

This is absolutely mandatory for chaos exp running since all other layouts give vizier like half the minions.

As far as other things to look for in a map, it's also good to have the t-shape infector layout like I have (but i don't think this is very important, just slightly preferable), and its great to have boss packs that spawn close to where vizier and infector spawn, but the vizier layout is the only mandatory feature imo.

Other small tips:
  • can run to waypoint with vigor aura
  • try to go from BO to teleporting faster
  • dont kill individual oblivion knight bosses (kill them if theyre in a group, but if theyre the last man standing, move on because theyre hard to hit).
  • when you're killing viziers pack, try to get right on top of vizier himself
But seriously, the y-shape vizier layout will do more than all that other stuff combined. Always nice when its a super easy fix.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Babyhell
Oh well...I had no clue about that! It is the first time I run CS for XP, and I didn't even care about rerolling the map. Hopefully I didn't have a nice map already, so I could learn that :)

Thanks a lot, it will change things for sure!

Edit: after a roll and 10' recording, playing somehow sloppy I already got a bump to 10k7 xp/s. Let's work on from here then :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Luhkoh
Clvl 96 hit!
And that will be it for this year's goal. Two other tournament/projects in D2R are requesting heavy investment, so a choice had been made to keep that heavy leveling for later.
Momentum​
Duration​
nb runs​
Main to 95+​
25:26:52​
1454​
RFL 2021 R3​
07:40:26​
223​
After RFL R3​
04:52:04​
267​
Totals​
37:59:22​
1944​

Already 38 hours in. RFL did quite some damage to efficiency, but let's take it as it is for now!

Reactions: Luhkoh and Kinkara
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High