Safest Char to lvl 99

Rey

Jul 8, 2016
Hello there!

Old diabloii.net user and long time lurker here. Its so awesome to see this community is still alive and that active!

With the announcement of D2R and especially now with the info that we can use our current singleplayer chars in D2R (https://me.ign.com/en/pc/182379/new...-let-you-import-original-diablo-ii-save-files) I´m getting back now to the game after a 1,5 year break.

I always had the dream to reach lvl 99 and I want to reach this goal in D2R.

My highest current character is a 97 Hammerdin which is kinda hardstuck. While i have all the bis items (except rings, i somehow never managed to find a BK/SoJ) i still die too often to random stuff to progress further.

While Hammerdin is obviously not hard to play, there are still quite a few opportunities to die in the Diablo/Baal/Nihlathak areas. And i usually play D2 while doing something else, like watching streams or news or being on a telefon call, so my focus isnt that high either.
So I sometimes forget to use/refresh CtA or Holy Shield or I´m just to slow in chugging pots.

With D2R im looking for a more safer option. Most important is its survivability, it should be easy to play and not require too fast reactions.
I´m patient, I barely care about the speed and I don´t mind rare item requireres (i actually like that!) - only exception - i dont use any mods at all (except GoMule for muling) so I can´t use any ladder runewords for now.
Im excepting ladder runewords to be available in D2R SP, but you never know.

So, any suggestions for me? :)

Greetings

I suspect the answer is.... a Hammerdin. If you are playing without ladder runewords, many of the elemental builds will be significantly weaker as you have no access to Infinity.

Can you list your full gear currently, maybe we can suggest a few changes to help?

Reactions: Vildecor and Luhkoh
Welcome back! I can't enlighten you on the safest character topic, but I am sure you will find tons of info in the untwinked level 99 progress thread. I myself find casters to die easier because I get more reckless with them than with melee characters, so melee characters are probably safer - for me at least! 😅

EDIT: Thinking more about it - Fishymancer sounds quite safe!

I suspect the answer is.... a Hammerdin. If you are playing without ladder runewords, many of the elemental builds will be significantly weaker as you have no access to Infinity.

Can you list your full gear currently, maybe we can suggest a few changes to help?

Yeah, thats quite a big issue - but sadly inevitable for me, shared stashes are the only "enhancements" I allow myself.

But since im preparing for D2R and I´m expecting ladder runewords for SP - any recommendations which class would be most safe one with an Infinity Merc?

Gear is the following:

Code:
Mara's Kaleidoscope
Amulet
Required Level: 67
Fingerprint: 0xa8b171e
Item Level: 87
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+2 to All Skills
All Stats +5
All Resistances +28

Enigma
Superior Breast Plate
JahIthBer
Defense: 850
Durability: 51 of 57
Required Level: 65
Required Strength: 30
Fingerprint: 0x55bcf1e8
Item Level: 85
+2 to All Skills
+45% Faster Run/Walk
+1 to Teleport
+14% Enhanced Defense
+772 Defense
+72 to Strength (Based on Character Level)
Increase Maximum Life 5%
Damage Reduced by 8%
+14 Life after each Kill
15% Damage Taken Goes To Mana
97% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items (Based on Character Level)
Increase Maximum Durability 15%
3 Sockets (3 used)
Socketed: Jah Rune
Socketed: Ith Rune
Socketed: Ber Rune

Raven Frost
Ring
Required Level: 45
Fingerprint: 0xc639b100
+182 to Attack Rating
Adds 15 - 45 Cold Damage Over 4 Secs (100 Frames)
+20 to Dexterity
+40 to Mana
Cold Absorb 20%
Cannot Be Frozen

Dwarf Star
Ring
Required Level: 45
Fingerprint: 0x8452796f
+40 to Life
+40 Maximum Stamina
Heal Stamina Plus 15%
Fire Absorb 15%
Magic Damage Reduced by 14
100% Extra Gold from Monsters

Reyz's Arachnid Mesh
Spiderweb Sash
Defense: 138
Durability: 9 of 12
Required Level: 80
Required Strength: 50
Fingerprint: 0xa69b69c5
Item Level: 94
+1 to All Skills
+20% Faster Cast Rate
Slows Target by 10%
+120% Enhanced Defense
Increase Maximum Mana 5%
Level 3 Venom (11/11 Charges)

War Traveler
Battle Boots
Defense: 120
Durability: 47 of 48
Required Level: 42
Required Strength: 95
Fingerprint: 0x1a4192af
+25% Faster Run/Walk
Adds 15 - 25 Damage
+151% Enhanced Defense
+10 to Strength
+10 to Vitality
40% Slower Stamina Drain
Attacker Takes Damage of 8
47% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+30 Maximum Durability

Magefist
Battle Gauntlets
Defense: 66
Durability: 12 of 18
Required Level: 30
Required Strength: 88
Fingerprint: 0x789c03d
+1 to Fire Skills
+20% Faster Cast Rate
Adds 1 - 6 Fire Damage
+28% Enhanced Defense
+10 Defense
Regenerate Mana 25%
Required Level +5

Harlequin Crest
Shako
Defense: 136
Durability: 8 of 12
Required Level: 62
Required Strength: 50
Fingerprint: 0x6b0efee3
+2 to All Skills
All Stats +2
+145 to Life (Based on Character Level)
+145 to Mana (Based on Character Level)
All Resistances +15
Damage Reduced by 10%
50% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
1 Sockets (1 used)
Socketed: Um Rune

Heart of the Oak
Flail
KoVexPulThul
One Hand Damage: 1 - 24
Durability: 30 of 30
Required Level: 55
Required Strength: 41
Required Dexterity: 35
Fingerprint: 0xbf155f3f
Item Level: 67
+3 to All Skills
+40% Faster Cast Rate
+75% Damage to Demons
+100 to Attack Rating against Demons
+150% Damage to Undead
Adds 3 - 14 Cold Damage Over 3 Secs (75 Frames)
7% Mana stolen per hit
+10 to Dexterity
Replenish Life +20
Increase Maximum Mana 15%
All Resistances +39
Level 4 Oak Sage (25/25 Charges)
Level 14 Raven (60/60 Charges)
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Ko Rune
Socketed: Vex Rune
Socketed: Pul Rune
Socketed: Thul Rune

Herald of Zakarum
Gilded Shield
Defense: 441
Chance to Block: 52
Durability: 43 of 50
Required Level: 42
Required Strength: 89
Fingerprint: 0x602ce82e
+2 to Combat Skills (Paladin Only)
+2 to Paladin Skill Levels
+30% Faster Block Rate
30% Increased Chance of Blocking
20% Bonus to Attack Rating
+161% Enhanced Defense
+20 to Strength
+20 to Vitality
All Resistances +50

------

Switch:

Call to Arms
Crystal Sword
AmnRalMalIstOhm
One Hand Damage: 19 - 57
Durability: 20 of 20
Required Level: 57
Required Strength: 43
Fingerprint: 0x69216542
+1 to All Skills
+40% Increased Attack Speed
283% Enhanced Damage
Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
7% Life stolen per hit
Prevent Monster Heal
+4 to Battle Command
+5 to Battle Orders
+3 to Battle Cry
Replenish Life +12
30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
5 Sockets (5 used)
Socketed: Amn Rune
Socketed: Ral Rune
Socketed: Mal Rune
Socketed: Ist Rune
Socketed: Ohm Rune

Lidless Wall
Grim Shield
Defense: 338
Chance to Block: 0
Durability: 70 of 70
Required Level: 41
Required Strength: 58
Fingerprint: 0xe152407c
Item Level: 94
+1 to All Skills
+20% Faster Cast Rate
+124% Enhanced Defense
+10 to Energy
Increase Maximum Mana 10%
+3 to Mana after each Kill
+1 to Light Radius

Stats (with CtA, Aura and Holy Shield, max block reached):

1614906490034.png

While 2 SoJs are definitely missing, it shouldnt make too much of a difference there. I doubt I can improve much there equipment wise.

Welcome back! I can't enlighten you on the safest character topic, but I am sure you will find tons of info in the untwinked level 99 progress thread. I myself find casters to die easier because I get more reckless with them than with melee characters, so melee characters are probably safer - for me at least! 😅

EDIT: Thinking more about it - Fishymancer sounds quite safe!

I know this thread pretty well, since I "competed" there with a sorc a few years ago :)
Decided to quit her out of similar reasons, since I wasn´t able to make any reasonable progress in highlvl areas as pure Lightning Sorc without Infinity.

Yeah, i would also prefer a caster spec. Hammerdin is kinda inbetween, it´s usually more of a melee caster.

What I should add eventually - I´m not using a merc. I made bad experiences with the one on my sorc who died constantly despite being geared pretty nicely (Tombs Reaver, Andariels, Duriel Shell i think it was). The gold and time to resurrect him every second run got too annoying.

And thanks everyone for the nice welcome greetings :)

After a certain point, the safety relies more on positioning than the equipment or class itself.

You could get some more safety by adjusting some gear around, sure; but theres no class or setup that you could just mindlessly walk into a nasty boss pack and expect to come out unscathed.

Or perhaps in your case, idling in the game while your focus is elsewhere.

That being said... There is a way to 'idle' in the game, and that is by diverting monsters' attention elsewhere. Minions, decoy, bonewall, etc all have higher attraction level than yourself, so monsters will prioritize them over you.

So... I second @Grisu on that Fishymancer seems liks the safest choice for you :)

EDIT
As for the paladin, I can suggest...
1. Ber instead of Um in Shako for more DR.
2. Hotspurs instead of Wartravs for more Fire resists.
3. Not sure about your charms, but using more life scs over skillers could also help.

Also, this was all assuming your paladin runs CS and not anywhere else.

Reactions: maxicek
75 FCR is ok, 125 will be quite hard without Spirit shield. Which brings us to the FHR - How much do you have? From gear it looks like zero, do you have anything in the inventory? How many Skillers?

I honestly don’t think many builds are as robust as a Hammerdin. You are going to have to pay attention to positioning if you want to avoid dying. And as @Gynli said, run CS only.

What is the Merc setup?

On the Fishymancer, it will be safe but slow. No Infinity will reduce the CE damage, but it is doable.

Hey, pretty sure safest and still good speed without ladder rws is hammerdin. Actually i dont think anything is even close to it.

Gear, for very safe built i would say:

Coa ber ber
Rising sun
Hoto
Enigma
Zaka ber
Mages/trang gloves
Sojs/bks
Arach
Waterwalks

Charms some sks, 18 fhr to reach 48 (coa has 30) rest life scs

Merc: freezer/defiance with reapers, gladiator, gaze. Use at least 1 socket for resistances.

Cs all the way

€ a 99fc stormer druid with stormshield will prolly also not be that much worse without ladder rws then he is with ladder rws. But at least for cs or baals hes rly not fast even with good gear.

Last edited:
Reactions: Luhkoh
I think a CS hammerdin is the safest.

I did mine with a spirit set-up (125 fcr is nice and fhr is easy too) and used Hotspur to make fire irrelevant. The only thing that was ever potentially dangerous was De Seis, but that was easily resolved by learning to rely more on positioning.

I agree with everyone hdin is safest, but I will add my 2c to say CS is really not that safe. Hdin feels nearly unkillable in pits, and that should be acceptable (but worse) exp until 98. Well idk if pits or 2 seal runs are safer. Pits are definitely safer than CS runs which include de seis. Ofc at 98 will need to start doing p1/p7 CS. I dont think any other 98-99 acceptable run is safer.

I agree with everyone hdin is safest, but I will add my 2c to say CS is really not that safe. Hdin feels nearly unkillable in pits, and that should be acceptable (but worse) exp until 98. Well idk if pits or 2 seal runs are safer. Pits are definitely safer than CS runs which include de seis. Ofc at 98 will need to start doing p1/p7 CS. I dont think any other 98-99 acceptable run is safer.
Ohhhh, going to have to disagree there. CS is far more predictable, which it makes it mechanically easier. You know what you're getting and when you're getting it. CS might be a little hairy whilst you learn how to run it efficiently and safely, but a competent CS runner is safer than a competent pit runner. The beauty of De Seis is that he is only dangerous if you let him be - you can do De Seis without his minions getting anywhere near you if you position yourself appropriately.

@Kitteh I'm probably just a bad teleporter. I think its just which is worse for your hdin?: a pack of extra fast fana+might doom knights, or a pack of fana+might extra strong archers. A bad teleport with the former is pretty much instant death, whereas with the archers doesnt make much difference where you teleport. Though ofc theyre a good bit dangerous regardless of positioning unlike the doom knights. So for me I'm a lot more scared of the doom knights. As always must give my disclaimer I don't play hc. But i know i at least feel like I'm more likely to die in CS with hdin than pits. And indeed have died twice with hdin from de seis while trying hard to be safe during 97-98.

Only other contender for safest 99er would be something with stormshield and high hp. But like barb with a shield and druid would be very very slow by comparison, so I think it's definitely hdin.

• Love
Reactions: Kitteh
After a certain point, the safety relies more on positioning than the equipment or class itself.

You could get some more safety by adjusting some gear around, sure; but theres no class or setup that you could just mindlessly walk into a nasty boss pack and expect to come out unscathed.

Or perhaps in your case, idling in the game while your focus is elsewhere.

That being said... There is a way to 'idle' in the game, and that is by diverting monsters' attention elsewhere. Minions, decoy, bonewall, etc all have higher attraction level than yourself, so monsters will prioritize them over you.

So... I second @Grisu on that Fishymancer seems liks the safest choice for you :)

EDIT
As for the paladin, I can suggest...
1. Ber instead of Um in Shako for more DR.
2. Hotspurs instead of Wartravs for more Fire resists.
3. Not sure about your charms, but using more life scs over skillers could also help.

Also, this was all assuming your paladin runs CS and not anywhere else.

Yeah, i was actually considering a Summonmancer - though I kinda dislike the idea to summon all those skellies every time before every run.

Regarding your suggestions, Ber runes in both Shako and HoZ are really something I was thinking about, although I currently only have one Ber and one Sur rune and I´d like to save them for now. Don´t think Hotspurs would help me much, since I pretty much always die to melee attacks, especially against the fast minions of Lord De Seis.
I could get a like 200-300hp extra through small hp charms, although I doubt that would change much either or would infact made it worse since mobs would die slower (and have more time to kill me)

Hey, pretty sure safest and still good speed without ladder rws is hammerdin. Actually i dont think anything is even close to it.

Gear, for very safe built i would say:

Coa ber ber
Rising sun
Hoto
Enigma
Zaka ber
Mages/trang gloves
Sojs/bks
Arach
Waterwalks

Charms some sks, 18 fhr to reach 48 (coa has 30) rest life scs

Merc: freezer/defiance with reapers, gladiator, gaze. Use at least 1 socket for resistances.

Cs all the way

€ a 99fc stormer druid with stormshield will prolly also not be that much worse without ladder rws then he is with ladder rws. But at least for cs or baals hes rly not fast even with good gear.
Sadly I dont have a CoA yet - then Id definitely try it out (although I would lose quite a bit of HP since I would need to invest alot in Strenght - atm I havent used a single point there)
I had 48 FHR through charms, but havent felt any difference, so I went again with HP charms instead.

Guess I could give the Merc a try again though!

I think a CS hammerdin is the safest.

I did mine with a spirit set-up (125 fcr is nice and fhr is easy too) and used Hotspur to make fire irrelevant. The only thing that was ever potentially dangerous was De Seis, but that was easily resolved by learning to rely more on positioning.

Watched Corrupteds HC Hammerdin (
) yesterday and damn...
Its day and night compared to mine. 125 fcr makes quite a bit of a difference but also how fast he breezes through everything. I take way more time to check drops, I would miss so much stuff with that speed. Positioning is perfect there, although I dont get it how he can port onto De Seis without ever getting in danger.

Interesting idea. I can´t even remember trying out Pit - Ill definitely look into that.
I thought leveling in these areas isnt possible there though after like lvl 95 due the level of the monsters?

I think the biggest issues are Lord de Seis and his minions, since he runs away from me and my hammers quite often. Which barely ever makes it possible for me to kill him before killing his minions.
Especially those fast Doom Knights are hell to me, they sometimes nearly get me down from 100% to 0% like instantly. Thats why I cant really teleport onto him.

I´m beginning to wonder how I even made it to 97 in CS like 2 years ago.

Reactions: Luhkoh
@Rey cs and pits have the same lvl of monsters, other than diablo himself ofc. But yeah all lvl 85 areas are ok up till lvl 98 as long as youre killing plenty of minions on p8. And then at lvl 98 everything changes and its all about diablo or nihla. But anyways yeah give p8 pits a try and see what you think. Also recommend trying 2seal runs (aka gripp runs) where you just get to infectors seal as fast as possible, kill him and his minions, go over to vizier's seal, kill him and his minions, then s/e. This is also a viable path through 98 (and probably faster than pits).

@Rey cs and pits have the same lvl of monsters, other than diablo himself ofc. But yeah all lvl 85 areas are ok up till lvl 98 as long as youre killing plenty of minions on p8. And then at lvl 98 everything changes and its all about diablo or nihla. But anyways yeah give p8 pits a try and see what you think. Also recommend trying 2seal runs (aka gripp runs) where you just get to infectors seal as fast as possible, kill him and his minions, go over to vizier's seal, kill him and his minions, then s/e. This is also a viable path through 98 (and probably faster than pits).

Well yeah dropwise I would even prefer areas like Pits, since Diablo and the Seal bosses cant get me several elite uniques.

Tried out pits yesterday for like 2 hours, and while and its felt way safer than CS the exp is definitely way worse too. Also I think its a little slower regardings killing champions/uniques, but that might have something to do with not being used to the map at all - while I did thousands of runs on the exact same CS map.

Though about these gripphon runs too - but guess I´m just not too much into max efficency lvl wise and don´t want to miss out on Diablo drops :)
And while skipping De Seis sounds definitely appealing, it was one of Infectors Venom Lords who got me today :s

It may be because I have made a million of them since 1.10 first dropped, but I find Blizzard Sorceresses based around Vita builds to be extremely easy to use characters. Since you don't use ladder runewords, not having Spirit might ruin you though. Insight is nice too on Merc, but you can do Baal on Players 7 or 8 with a Blizzard Sorc and a Might Merc that uses Reaper's Toll(eth preferred), Treachery and any decent helm. But the build with great resists, life and high damage relies a lot on the Spirit Shield being available. You may be albe to use Sanctuary, Luna, Moser's with 2x PDiamond, Splendor, Stormshield or some form of high resist shield and get the extra FCR from a few other items and make this work, though.

Blizzard Sorces are perfect for running Baal Runs, which I believe gets you to 99 in quick fashion. Blizzers can also do Andy, Ancient Tunnels, Trav, LK, Mephisto, CS/Diablo, Pindleskin, level immediately after Pindleskin(halls of vaught or halls of pain, i believe) and Baal in particular they are very good for. Play on Players 8(P8), except before wave 2 spawns and put on P1 and kill the skeleton spawners, then static the skeletons and let merc kill them all, put back on P8 after final skeleton dies, finish spawns on P8 and then go in and kill Baal, with P3 probably being the best. But someone else would know what the best experience payout is for the Player setting when you kill Baal. P5 or P7 might be better, skipping him might be better (I'd never do because of drops lol)... but going up to P7 or 8 is going to take you a minute to kill him.

Another character that is somewhat similar to a Hammerdin, but is going to kill slower, is a Tornado/Hurricane Druid. They don't kill as fast, but they basically never die. You have Oak Sage for the extra life and Cylone Armor to keep you immune from most elemental damage. Those are very strong characters as far as staying alive goes.

My Javazon I recently built is also very adept at staying alive. But she relies on Infinity of course.

Until/unless you give yourself the ability to use ladder runewords. a Hammerdin will be the strongest and a Necromancer that utilizes summons will be the easiest to play without having to focus 100% of the time in order to sty alive. You can let all your buddies distract the baddies. Maybe a Blizzer if you find the right build.

Is this true that we are going to be able to use our current characters on the D2 remastered?I doubt I'll have the PC to actually play the game and I don't really care a whole lot about whether this game has current graphics or upgraded graphics, I don't go crazy for graphics, give me gameplay. But that is still a pretty cool feature.

Last edited:
It may be because I have made a million of them since 1.10 first dropped, but I find Blizzard Sorceresses based around Vita builds to be extremely easy to use characters. Since you don't use ladder runewords, not having Spirit might ruin you though. Insight is nice too on Merc, but you can do Baal on Players 7 or 8 with a Blizzard Sorc and a Might Merc that uses Reaper's Toll(eth preferred), Treachery and any decent helm. But the build with great resists, life and high damage relies a lot on the Spirit Shield being available. You may be albe to use Sanctuary, Luna, Moser's with 2x PDiamond, Splendor, Stormshield or some form of high resist shield and get the extra FCR from a few other items and make this work, though.

Blizzard Sorces are perfect for running Baal Runs, which I believe gets you to 99 in quick fashion. Blizzers can also do Andy, Ancient Tunnels, Trav, LK, Mephisto, CS/Diablo, Pindleskin, level immediately after Pindleskin(halls of vaught or halls of pain, i believe) and Baal in particular they are very good for. Play on Players 8(P8), except before wave 2 spawns and put on P1 and kill the skeleton spawners, then static the skeletons and let merc kill them all, put back on P8 after final skeleton dies, finish spawns on P8 and then go in and kill Baal, with P3 probably being the best. But someone else would know what the best experience payout is for the Player setting when you kill Baal. P5 or P7 might be better, skipping him might be better (I'd never do because of drops lol)... but going up to P7 or 8 is going to take you a minute to kill him.

Another character that is somewhat similar to a Hammerdin, but is going to kill slower, is a Tornado/Hurricane Druid. They don't kill as fast, but they basically never die. You have Oak Sage for the extra life and Cylone Armor to keep you immune from most elemental damage. Those are very strong characters as far as staying alive goes.

My Javazon I recently built is also very adept at staying alive. But she relies on Infinity of course.

Until/unless you give yourself the ability to use ladder runewords. a Hammerdin will be the strongest and a Necromancer that utilizes summons will be the easiest to play without having to focus 100% of the time in order to sty alive. You can let all your buddies distract the baddies. Maybe a Blizzer if you find the right build.

Is this true that we are going to be able to use our current characters on the D2 remastered?I doubt I'll have the PC to actually play the game and I don't really care a whole lot about whether this game has current graphics or upgraded graphics, I don't go crazy for graphics, give me gameplay. But that is still a pretty cool feature.

Hmm I got a +29 Deaths Fathom + a 5/5 Cold Facet lying around... so thats an idea :p

Javazon is definitely an interesting build which I like alot. If we get ladder runeword I´ll most definitely go for her. Read about Druid too, but apparently hes very dependent on the Oak Sage being up.

And yeah - according to the last interviews with the devs you will simply be able to copy your savegame files from the D2 folder to the D2R folder.
Doubt it will work with certain extended stashes addons, but that would just mean you need to put the stuff from there on several (or loads) of mule chars.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jamie
Hmm I got a +29 Deaths Fathom + a 5/5 Cold Facet lying around... so thats an idea :p

Javazon is definitely an interesting build which I like alot. If we get ladder runeword I´ll most definitely go for her. Read about Druid too, but apparently hes very dependent on the Oak Sage being up.

And yeah - according to the last interviews with the devs you will simply be able to copy your savegame files from the D2 folder to the D2R folder.
Doubt it will work with Plugy etc, but that would just mean you need to put the stuff from there on several (or loads) of mule chars.
Last I knew, <snip> is not allowed here. Especially if you trade or enter into the single player community. May want to keep that in mind if you ever think of using it, lol.

I also forgot to mention Zealdins being almost invincible. They might not be the quickest killing build, but I don't ever die on my Zealdin. I also have a Grief Phase Blade, which is Ladder Only and never needs repaired... So I'm not sure how one with a different runeword or weapon would compare. I'd think Stormlash or Heaven's Light would be pretty good for a non runeword. But there are some other good runewords that aren't ladder only, I believe. I have a 2%ED off of perfect Heaven's Light that is Ethereal, all other stats perfect including 2 sockets, waiting for a Zod rune and something else to go along with it. I think Grief would still be better, but the Heaven's Light would look and be a lot more fun and exciting to use.

Speaking of Zod, BotD might be good for a Zealdin, but I've never tried it. Between either Stormlash, Doom, Famine, Hands of Justice, Eternity, BotD.. I'm sure you could make a solid Zealdin that lives on forever. It really depends if my Grief and Fortitude make the difference. Because I have MF gear on him for the most part, not much at all helpful for melee, and he still is invincible on Players 8 in any region and has 77FR/75CR/80LR/75PR, over 2k Life, 13,989 defense, 75% block.. all with mostly MF gear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last I knew, XXX is not allowed here. Especially if you trade or enter into the single player community. May want to keep that in mind if you ever think of using it, lol.

I also forgot to mention Zealdins being almost invincible. They might not be the quickest killing build, but I don't ever die on my Zealdin. I also have a Grief Phase Blade, which is Ladder Only and never needs repaired... So I'm not sure how one with a different runeword or weapon would compare. I'd think Stormlash or Heaven's Light would be pretty good for a non runeword. But there are some other good runewords that aren't ladder only, I believe. I have a 2%ED off of perfect Heaven's Light that is Ethereal, all other stats perfect including 2 sockets, waiting for a Zod rune and something else to go along with it. I think Grief would still be better, but the Heaven's Light would look and be a lot more fun and exciting to use.

Speaking of Zod, BotD might be good for a Zealdin, but I've never tried it. Between either Stormlash, Doom, Famine, Hands of Justice, Eternity, BotD.. I'm sure you could make a solid Zealdin that lives on forever. It really depends if my Grief and Fortitude make the difference. Because I have MF gear on him for the most part, not much at all helpful for melee, and he still is invincible on Players 8 in any region and has 77FR/75CR/80LR/75PR, over 2k Life, 13,989 defense, 75% block.. all with mostly MF gear.

Uhh, thanks for pointing that out! I read that name so often during the last weeks on reddit and battle.net forums that I totally forgot...

I´ll censor it in my first post too.

And thanks for the recommendation of the Zealadin! That something I haven´t thought about at all.

For BotD I would "just" need an eth base - so I´m not too far away.

So - anyone has experiences with BotD on a Zealadin? :)

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High