Rush forge questions

firstwave

Nov 12, 2004
Rush forge questions

I get all the parts about rusing thru A1 - A4, but A5 is kind of confusing

Since Ancients needs lvl 20, 40, and 60 as minimum lvls to complete, I have to bypass it, but How exactly do I do that?

I remember reading the guide but it didnt make too much sense, therefore I would appreciate if anyone wants to clearify the A5 Ancients issue for me

thx in advance

firstwave said:
I get all the parts about rusing thru A1 - A4, but A5 is kind of confusing

Since Ancients needs lvl 20, 40, and 60 as minimum lvls to complete, I have to bypass it, but How exactly do I do that?

I remember reading the guide but it didnt make too much sense, therefore I would appreciate if anyone wants to clearify the A5 Ancients issue for me

thx in advance

My idea, altho i have never checked for myself, is that if you want to move ahead in difficulty without killing ancients, you just have to be in act5 and partied with someone that kills baal for you. That way you will get quest without doing the ancients, just like you skip from travincal to meph without completing the flail of ages.
Hope that answered your question

thx for this speedy reply, but lemme rephrase it so i would understand :D

Basically for example, I have a lvl 1 druid who is in a5, and I would get a friend or myself on another computer to kill baal, while the lvl 1 char sits in town smoking cigar. And when I kill Baal with my other high lvl char, then my lvl 1 char will complete the quest as well?

Is this what you're saying??

thx

That is what i'm saying and i've heard it from a game mate, altho i've never tried it personally as i said before.

I'm just selling you the fish i've bought :)

firstwave said:
ok thx for da fish :drink:

I'll try it out sometimes and I'll show u my results

Hell Forge Rushes
(Ok here is my rune guide) It has infor onhell forge rushes at end, hope that helps.

Here is the list of where to go for high level runes (all in Hell)

Ave runs is the average amount of runs to get one of that type of rune.

Rune---Name---Location---Ave Runs---Difficulty
R33--- Zod--- Hephasto ---153610--- Hell
R32--- Cham--- Council ---40241 ---Hell
R31--- Jah--- Council ---26824 ---Hell
R30--- Bev--- Council ---23000 ---Hell
R29--- Sur--- Council ---15333 ---Hell
R28--- Lo--- Summoner--- 13142--- Hell
R27--- Ohm--- Summoner--- 8762--- Hell
R26--- Vex--- Summoner--- 7514--- Hell
R25--- Gul--- Summoner--- 5009 ---Hell
R24--- Ist--- Summoner--- 4298--- Hell
R23--- Mal--- Countess ---44--- Hell

As you can see Summoner is best for 1ST - LO
Council Best for Sur to Cham
and Hephasto best for Zod.

It would take a lot of runs !!

But, if you do Mephi runs normally anyway when you MF, you might as well do thecouncil for good measure, since council is always in the same place, and easy to take out.

Its not really worthwhile doing the summoner, since it can take a really long time to find him.

Countess is good upto Mal as well, although she has a tendency to drop a lot of low level runes.

But at least you are guaranteed a rune.

Best way to get runes is to do RuneRushes.

The runes that you can get will range between :

Normal Diff: El - Amn
Nightmare Diff: Sol - Um
Hell Diff: Hel - Gul

This is something we tried on the weekend and works pretty good.

(1)Get 5 friends togeather.

Get them to make 5 new characters - doesnt matter what they are, they will be deleted once they serve their purpose.

Get your best rushing character - recommendation is either a high level Dual tree Sorc, or a Chessadin, I mean Hamemrdin.

Althought Hammerdins struggle to do the maggot lair, so you might need a back up character for the maggot lair.

Bone Necros work well as well, although u will need lots of + skills to be effective and fast, and a teleport ammy wouldnt go amiss either.

(2) Rush them through normal , do Hellforge and Shenk (read notes at end)

(3) Rush through NM

(4) Rush through Hell ( to A4)

This takes about 30-90 minutes each difficulty.

Notes :

Hellforge.

With all characters in Act 4, unparty, leave all characters in Act4
use your rush character and one new character, do forge quest, u will get 1x P gem, 1x rune.

leave game, make new game, repeat for all characters, so as you get 5x runes.

Do this to Hell, and you will get 15x new runes, split these up among players (including rushee)

Notes :

Shenk

This is a good cheap way to get the socket quest.

once u get the quest, leave the game get the item u want socketed, enter game drop item, leave the game, come back with new character then socket the item. then give item back to your normal characters.

Notes :

Countess

Optional, do it in Hell though. ( and do the unparty trick to get 5x runes)

Notes :

Giving out runes / Sockets

Rusher : Should get all the Hell Countess runes. (5 Runes)

Rushees : Should get 1x Hell forge rune, 1x Nm rune 1x Normal rune 3x perfect gems , 3x socket quest for thier normal character items.

Once you complete hell, delete the new characters.

Notes :

Rushing past Ancients Quest

Everyone must wait in town, get the rush character to goto the throne room, kill baals minions, then kill baal, then bingo, everyone has quest credit - U donot need to kill the ancients. - its that easy, no one will b able to go in worlstone chamber though.

Everyone should always wait in town, its so much easier. For all acts, the only time someoene will have to leave town is in Act II, where someone will have to grab the amulet, staff, make the rod, then use the rod to break duriels seal, then go back to town :)

Other Notes :

Its really boring for everyone else, but after 2 hours u have a decent chance of getting some ok gear, plus u get to socket 3x unique items, so its worth it. Feel free to do some trading while u wait for the rusher to find waypoints and bosses etc. Usually we just run second copies of the game in the background, then the rushee will message us when he is ready to kill act bosses so we can alt tab back in and move to the next act. If u dont have a second set of cd keys, then perhaps get a good book , or surf the net while u wait :)

Feel free to post any comments :)

Gaza0469 said:
Rune---Name---Location---Ave Runs---Difficulty
R33--- Zod--- Hephasto ---153610--- Hell
R32--- Cham--- Council ---40241 ---Hell
R31--- Jah--- Council ---26824 ---Hell
R30--- Bev--- Council ---23000 ---Hell
R29--- Sur--- Council ---15333 ---Hell
R28--- Lo--- Summoner--- 13142--- Hell
R27--- Ohm--- Summoner--- 8762--- Hell
R26--- Vex--- Summoner--- 7514--- Hell
R25--- Gul--- Summoner--- 5009 ---Hell
R24--- Ist--- Summoner--- 4298--- Hell
R23--- Mal--- Countess ---44--- Hell

I guess you overlooked what I wrote yesterday in another thread where you posted these numbers. The chances are far lower. See also here.

In addition, the Countess is by far the best Ist rune dropper. She drops that rune about 80-90 times more often than the Countess. Perhaps your calculation of the average number of runs is wrong. It's 1/probability.

krischan said:
I guess you overlooked what I wrote yesterday in another thread where you posted these numbers. The chances are far lower. See also here.

In addition, the Countess is by far the best Ist rune dropper. She drops that rune about 80-90 times more often than the Countess. Perhaps your calculation of the average number of runs is wrong. It's 1/probability.

How can the Countess drop IST 80 to 90 times more often than the Countess?

:lol:

krischan said:

I used Diablo 2 Data as my source.

They have stripped all the code and pulled all the calculations out of it, from 1.10.

I guess its not really important, the important thing is that its going to be very unlikely to get a Zod, where every you are.

153,000 runs sounds likely and plausable to me :)

its more than any of us could do in a lifetime!

Lets say 50 runs a day thats 3060 days = 8.4 Years

which sounds reasonable - if u ran Hepy non stop , 50 times a day, then after about 8.4 years you would likely of found 1x Zod.

Think about wot Atma is saying, its saying that if you did Hephasto runs
and you did 50 a day , u would find a Zod after -

66,000 days - 180 Years!

Yeah, right, I bet its a lot higher than that.

most ppl play D2 for about 2 years, if you combined the playing experience of 90 ppl over 2 years, u r saying that none of those 90 ppl would find a zod in 2 years...

Hey a question, I tried partying up with someone else and let them kill baal while I stand in town, I still don't get the quest, why?

(I have not done ancients and I am lvl 1)

Zhidkoe said:
Hey a question, I tried partying up with someone else and let them kill baal while I stand in town, I still don't get the quest, why?

U have to make the game ( so that the baal quest is incomplete)

then get your freind to join and kill Baal.

( Im guessing that maybe u joined a game that was already created? if u did join a game that was created, then its likely that baal quest would of already been completed.) (if someone else completes the quest, u wont get quest credit, coz it would of been greyed out it will say "U cant complete this quest" or something to that effect when u goto quest log.

I have done this a few times by mistake myself LOL.

Zhidkoe said:

simply because a character that has a virgin baal quest must be precent in the Throne room and when Baal is getting killed.

Same goes for
Act1 - Andy
Act2 - Summoner (note - don't have to be precent when Duriel get's killed)
Act3 - Council and Mephisto
Act4 - Diablo
Act5 - Shenk (if you want socket quest), minions and Baal.

from the above, it looks like characters are always in town, which is not true.
As a note - with teleport, hammerdin does not *struggle* anywhere but Tome quest (Act3, quest4) in Hell (if it is a proper rush, not just for forge)
Teleporting summoner (especially commando) is the safest and not much slower than hammerdin (from personal expirience).

Kind of thought that might be the case...

Thanks erratta...

Gotta wonder about the above posts though, seems ppl do hf rushes without someone who needs the baal quest...

:scratch:

Zhidkoe said:
Kind of thought that might be the case...

Thanks erratta...

Gotta wonder about the above posts though, seems ppl do hf rushes without someone who needs the baal quest...

:scratch:

LOL

I did 3 Hellforge runs last weekend, hence the guide. I was actually one of the players getting rushed, and was doing it in a second window, (levelling my other characters while I was waiting for a friend to rush us to the next act.

If he left a mule in the game (using ALT tab) could it of then worked? I wasnt really paying that much attention, I just assumed that we passed Baal because his main character killed Baal, hence quest credit.

Im intriqued to try this out. I should be doing more HF runs this weekend so I will let you guys know for sure how it works.

As a side note - I had a character that entered Act5 for the first time and someone partied with me, and killed baal within seconds and I got credit, I hadnt killed the 3 barbarians and was paying to have my merc ressurected in town.

Perhaps as long as one person in the party who doesnt have baal kill credit is in the throne room then everyone gets it regardless of where they are?

If this is the case then you would need to have 2x mules - 1x mule that has completed upto act4 anceints, but not baal, one 1x mule that has completed upto NM ancients but not Baal.

Just use a second copy, alt tab them into your game, and bingo it should work.

As a side note, we were discussing this last night, that it would be easier to make characters in D2 Classic, then you could do :

Act 1
Act 2
Act 3
Act 4 - Kill Diablo

NM

Act 1
Act 2
Act 3
Act 4 - Kill Dialbo

Hell

Act 1
Act 3
Act 3 - Then convert your character to expansion

Then

Act 1 Hell
Act 2 Hell
Act 3 Hell
Act 4 Hell - Do Forge.

That way you bypass ancients altogeather. Although you would need to make a classic character to rush everyone else - A good weekend is all you would need to make one.

And you would have to do Hell Acts 1-3 again.

Gaza0469 said:
I guess its not really important, the important thing is that its going to be very unlikely to get a Zod, where every you are.

153,000 runs sounds likely and plausable to me :)

its more than any of us could do in a lifetime!
You're probably right with Zod because we cannot really feel a difference between something happening with a 1/2M chance and something with a 1/150k one, even though they differ by a factor of more than 10. However, drop chances for Ist and Mal from the Countess can be "felt".

BTW, this is the corrected version of the last paragraph of my recent posting:

In addition, the Countess is by far the best Ist rune dropper. She drops that rune about 80-90 times more often than the Summoner. Perhaps your calculation of the average number of runs is wrong. It's 1/probability.

Just in case somebody didn't see my post above. Can somebody explain the Countess unparty trick mentioned above?

Thanks!

Gaza0469 said:
Perhaps as long as one person in the party who doesnt have baal kill credit is in the throne room then everyone gets it regardless of where they are?

That's exactly the method for rushing L1 characters past Baal. I'm not sure, but apart from being the appropriate party, you might have to be somewhere in act 5 to get credit.

krischan said:
That's exactly the method for rushing L1 characters past Baal. I'm not sure, but apart from being the appropriate party, you might have to be somewhere in act 5 to get credit.

cool ;)
Yeah, maybe my countess v Summoner stats are out. Its hard to know whos data is right these days, And lets face it , Countess is easy to find! + Therefore probably a better bet even if the summoner did drop better, which I guess is hard to prove.

Takes forever to find the summoner unless u have teleport.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High