ROYGBIV - A Colour-Coded Sept+ Project

@Babyhell - Indigo (sorceress) is going to be slated as dark blue, since it's the closes thing to an indigo colour in the transforms. And just to be absolutely clear, I have NOT committed to finding a Tyrael's Might before finishing her. :p I will concede though that if I do ever find one, I'll come back and re-build a new and improved Indigo to wear it. If @D2DC wants, he can consider this sept technically incomplete until then. ;)

You're forgetting that THE blue armour is dark blue and therefore doesn't apply to this character. Your appeal is thrown out. ;)
Civil law jurisprudence does not allow for a defendent to issue a ruling on his own behalf..

MOTION TO RECUSE!!

28 U.S. Code § 455.
(b) He shall also disqualify himself in the following circumstances:
(4) He knows that he, individually or as a fiduciary, or his spouse or minor child residing in his household, has a financial interest in the subject matter in controversy or in a party to the proceeding, or any other interest that could be substantially affected by the outcome of the proceeding;

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Pb_pal
Ah, violet (or purple, as the game files technically label it). I know what you're thinking; Tal's sorc!

Nope. First off, the helm looks like garbage and doesn't transform well (just the horns do). Second, I have no purple skill options for sorceress.

Everybody ready for a big purple barbarian running around Sanctuary jacked up on Frenzy? I know I am!

A problem in general with violet is that a big portion of the "purple" items don't actually transform their colours, and even the ones that do often don't do it very well and end up not looking colourful at all. They just kind of look black, with some purple highlights at certain angles. That's why Djinn Slayer is going to be his end-game weapon, as it's the only one that looks decent out of the few options he has. Couple that with the fact that barb displays are really lame for the lighter armours, and Violet is going to have a tough time looking as good as his brothers and sisters until he gets his end-game gear. Oh well, such is life! As for the build selection, obviously there are no purple skills so it would have to be a neutral (ie. uncoloured) skill. Frenzy is my favourite "right-click-and-hold" skills, so that was a no-brainer since he had some decent weapons.

--

Violet started off without many options, so it was amethysts into some basic gear to get going. Shopping isn't an option for him since the only affixes that colour purple are the ones in the "Shimmering" family (as long as no suffix overrides it). That limits his shopping options to shields (which he isn't using) and jewlery (which he has valid S/U for). Not a huge issue for those, but it will be a bit rough going without a belt until Tal's at 53. That's alright though, barbs own the early game.

23Ig26d.jpg

Out he went, swinging away with his purple swords. He would have had access to a purple S/U at 3 (Biggin's Bonnet) but caps don't transform so he had to wait all the way to level 7 for dual Nagels. He wanted to follow that up with the Axe of Fechmar at 8, but it doesn't transform. Okay, no biggie, Goreshovel is available at 14! Except it also doesn't transform. Sigh. So he stuck with his chipped-amethyst swords and let the merc do the heavy lifting for the act until Andariel.

Standard course in Act 2, hire a prayer merc, and he could finally slap together some makeshift gear. Two Broad Swords were stuffed with amethysts since they at least display decently, as well as a Splint Mail since it displays just the tiniest little bit of purple hue.

qgfmvFw.jpg

Okay, things are starting to shape up... sort of. Radament fell, and in the desert Violet got himself his first pair of boots. The merc hit 19, and it was follow the leader (and his Savage polearm) for a while.

Level 24 an he finally got access to Frenzy, followed by 25 literally on Duriel's doorstep. He equipped Sander's Helm (it doesn't transform well, but honestly neither did his socketed helm so I'm calling it a wash). He also got his first official S/U weapons in.... dual-Sander's Wands. Well, the 25-75 cold dmg is actually better than what he was working with before, and the mana leech keeps Frenzy topped up, so let's call it a win! Duriel died easily and the duo were through the jungles easily until he hit 28 for Sander's Gloves and the full set bonus. Nice! Meph was steamrolled, and Violet soon hit 29 and got his first proper armour in Rattlecage! That's better, finally some real purple! The flee is annoying, but that's the price of looking good. Now, I just have to sort out a decent helmet...

nL7dPuY.jpg

That'll do. Forge was an Ith (and all diamonds? weird.) and before Diablo knew what hit him he was afce to face with a giant purple barbarian swinging wands like a madman.

igp8YVC.jpg

Off to the homeland he killed Shenk and leveled at Eldritch until 37 for Zakarum's Hand. Not fantastic looking, to be honest, but Violet desperately needed a power upgrade so it'll have to do. The rest of the act flew and Violet made Slayer at level 43, he will be heading straight to NM.

lzXSJD0.jpg

Violet the Fenzy Barbarian, lvl 43 - NM Rogue Encampment

After stocking his inventory with Combat Skillers it was straight out into the action. So far so good, but the lack of Warcries is becoming noticeable now that monsters hit harder. Honestly though the real pain is the lack of a belt. Don't get me worng, it's doable, just irritating with only one row. The kill speed however is still great so other than an amulet upgrade with Saracen's Chance, it was straight through to Andariel at level 50.

Act 2 we swapped to a Might merc, Killed Radament, and ventured out into the desert when it finally happened.

QR4R2Uf.jpg

A full gear-set, and FOUR WHOLE POTION ROWS!

Smooth sailing from there Duriel was soon dead (and look at that blizzard proc from Zak's Hand!), the jungles gave him another gear upgrade with BKWB. Meph died shortly after and Violet cruised through Act 4. The Forge was a Sol, and Diablo went down without a hitch. Act 5 he killed Shenk and did a single Eldritch run to ping 65 and equip his end-game weapons:

f7iduNd.jpg

Popped 2x Eth in each of them or now, mostly due to the fact that I just never really thgouht about what to do with those sockets and didn't want to think about it now. Through the act he saved Anya, killed the Ancients, and Violet hit 71 in the Throne and could finally get rid of the flee from Rattlecage by equipping Tal's armour.

Ukaz9ss.jpg

Made it to Champion at 71, and leveled up to 75 with a mix of Pindle and Baal (which took way longer than I thought it would..), so that the merc could have Reapers straight away for Hell. I have a feeling I'll need it desperately...

Violet the Fenzy Barbarian, lvl 75 - Hell Rogue Encampment

As always, a final respec and charm swap to optimize for the journey though hell, and this is what Violet looks like now:

rArbNmu.jpg

Out into the wilderness one last time, the players setting is at 3 for now. I don't want to go too high since Djinn has low durability and I don't want to be spending my time heading back to town for repairs. Killing power is still great, so it was through the Den and Blood Raven easily, before making a bee-line for Cain. Without Warcries I have to mind not getting swarmed by physical attackers, but otherwise survivability is quite good. A cool thing is that with maxed resistances and some absorb on the Djinns he can tank LE bosses like an absolute champ. Stone Skin and natural PI bosses are starting to slow us down though.

RLUd8W0.jpg

Luckily Reapers has been able to break them so far, so it was through the Countess, the Smith, and all the way to Andariel with relative ease.

Act 2 saw a bit of a chance of pace. Unleechables and all the poison made it a bit trickier, though still quite fast. Nothing of too much note, except that I've never seen the Stone Tomb this close to Lut Gholein before:

GDUX6dT.jpg

The Maggot Lair was jammed with PI bugs, so that slowed us down. There were a couple unbreakables like this guy as well, and since I have no PI solution we had to park them. After that slog, Fangskin went down like a dream and they plowed through to Duriel, who left nothing valuable behind.

He hit 80 in the jungles and maxed out Taunt. There is nothing really to say about Act 3, hold right click and mow down flayers. Sarina was a bit tricky, but Meph was the opposite. On to the underworld!

Act 4 started to get trickier. Monsters are hitting harder now and Violet is feeling a little squishy. Even so it was pretty good through Izual and the Forge (Hel), until Violet finally had his first death in the CS. He got surrounded by Doom Knights, the merc went down, and he followed shortly afterward. No problem, regroup and it was through the seals and Diablo in no time.

Act 5 was pretty easy, partly (well..mostly) due to the fact that I wrote in /playres3 without noticing, so did the act on /p1 all the way until the Ancients before I saw my mistake. Even on /p1 the monsters have gotten tough, and no warcries meant he got smoked by a nasty pack of spear throwers while saving Anya, and earned his 2nd death. The Halls of Vaught had Vipers, but I managed to guess Nihl's wing first try so with some careful footwork they got through and killed him just fine.

The Ancients were actually quite anti-climactic. Madawc (Spectral Hit/Teleport) was separated and dealt with and Korlic (Spectral Hit/Teleport) was found next. Same mods, same story, and we saved the hardest for last as Talic (Extra Strong, Magic Resistant) managed to proc amp off his weapon and kill the merc before I could feed him a purple. Lots of running, dodging in and out between WWs and Violet eventually reigned victorious.

Having now noticed I left it on /p1, I just left it there for the remainder of the act. He went back to his roots and swapped back in Rattlecage for some CB against Baal, and combined with Reapers' Decrep it was over in a flash, and Violet became Patriarch at level 83.

6NyL1vI.jpg

Violet the Fenzy Barbarian, lvl 83 - Patriarch

4/7 done, officially over halfway! Pat thread is here.

Last edited:
Up next; Yellow the Amazon!

Not only are there Yellow items (light and dark), but there are also Gold items too (light and dark as well). Gold has a bunch of decent amazon stuff (Valk Wing, Eaglehorn, Eye of Etlich), but it just didn't feel right to cross colours like that so even though it hurts to leave those items behind, she'll be sticking with strictly yellow items only. She'll end up in Trangs (dark yellow) but will be mixing light yellow items in along the way and treating them all as equal. There are no S/U rings or boots in Yellow but there are plenty of shoppables, so she'll have to figure that out while she goes. There is however one pretty cool (dark) yellow item: Windforce.

Obviously she'll be a bowazon, and I'm going to be taking this chance to make my first ever Strafer. Should be interesting!

--

Unfortunately for her, topazes colour items gold so she can't take advantage of their lightning damage to get her started, so it was normal attack and a plain short bow instead. In the den she hit level 5 and got her first S/U with Infernal Cap. A couple levels later she had enough strength for the belt, and then at 9 she for Civerb's amulet and Leadcrow.

10MZvNo.jpg

Leadcrow doesn't really transform well, but it's my only option right now and it's way better than a regular old short bow. Plugging along and having the merc do the heavy lifting, she got herself an some armour (Sparkling Mail) at 17, and then a new belt at 20 (Nightsmoke) as well as a new armour in Venom Ward. She shopped herself some yellow boots just for the sake of it, and following her Town Guard she soon hit 24 in the tombs, which gave her access to Decoy, and more importantly, Strafe. Leadcrow is terrible, that's no secret, so Strafe doesn't do much right now.

She followed the merc through to Duriel, then all the way through the jungles to Meph before heading out into Act 4 where she hit 28 and FINALLY got an upgrade:

njYJUJo.jpg

Well. It's not much of an upgrade really, but that's alright. It's perfectly fine for now, but this is going to have to carry her through to Windforce, so that will get tough later I'm sure. Forge was an Amn, Diablo went down like a brick, and soon she had leveled up to 28 on Eldritch runs. Strafe is gaining power now, so it's actually helping with killing things. She steamrolled her way through the act and hit 44 during Baal's waves which allowed her enough dex to equip an upped Blastbark. She bought herself some shiny new boots and then Baal soon died after that and she pinged 45 on the kill, allowing her to equip Trang's Gloves before heading directly out into NM.

She now has all gear slots except rings filled. I'd have to gamble some yellow-affixed rings and honestly I don't feel like doing that right now so... I won't. Smooth sailing on /p8 she soon hit 49 and got her end-game armour and a much better look.

c0GJ6yb.jpg

Finally! Andariel died soon after, she grabbed a Might merc, and she cruised well enough through Duriel and into the jungles. Her killing speed with Blastbark is failing now, and (I'm sure because of that) I'm not enjoying Strafe very much, so once she hit the Travincal she dropped it to /p1 in an effort to just progress a bit more quickly. She flew through the rest of the act, and act 4 (HF an Io) and went straight through to Eldritch to level a bit for Trang's Belt. FINALLY some CBF!

After that she cruised through to Anya and the Ancients, who were gracious enough to ping her to 65 to give her a nicer looking hat:

OvegcJg.jpg

Looking good now! The only thing she's missing are rings. The WSK was super easy on /p1, as were the waves, and Baal himself. She's sitting pretty right now as a Champion at 66.

ROoZpSu.jpg

Now I REALLY don't feel like tackling Hell with a Blastbark, so it's time for the arduous task of leveling her up 9 levels for Windforce...

Yellow, the Strafe Amazon - lvl 66, Hell Rogue Encampment

Well after FAR too long, she did it and leveled to 73 to finally equipped Windforce! From there it was easy to get the merc to 75 for Reaper's (as well as CoH and Delerium, to standard gearset for this sept so far). She Ral'd her Trang's helm and armour to give her some much-needed FR, swapped some charms around, and she's ready to rock:

lbVW2mb.jpg

Oof. Not ideal, but it's what we've got! Set it to /p3 and off she went, clearing the Den, Blood Raven, and saving Cain with ease. So far I'm having by FAR the most fun with Strafe that I've had. It's a wonder what a capable weapon will do for that! She's relatively safe so far too with Knockback and the Confuse from the merc's Delerium taking crowd-control duties.

She killed Andariel easily, and pushed her way through Act 2 until... the Arcane Sanctuary stopped her in her tracks. Those Ghosts are a reallll pain. Swapped Delerium out on the merc so that the Confuse stops overriding the Decrep, but it was still slow going in there. Eventually though she did make it through (thankfully guessing the correct wing on the second try), and to Duriel without too much trouble. And then she got slowed down again.

The jungles taught me two things:
1) Yellow is ultra fragile now
2) I don't like Strafe. Like, at all.

Down to /p1 full-time now, as Yellow is in constant danger of getting swarmed (and therefore killed). She slowed things right down, put Delerium back on the merc, and followed slowly in his footsteps to try and stay in front of the monsters. Sszark soon went down (with her valiantly hiding behind pillars), the Gidbinn grabbed, and then down into the Flayer Dungeon where things looked a lot like this:

EW99E5w.jpg

She mostly hid behind the merc for fear of exploding dolls. Windforce though sines in this scenario, as the KB on it keeps the dolls far enough away that if any get through the merc buffer she is typically still okay. Decoy has been getting a workout too, especially in cases like Sarina. Even though it's only at 1 hard point, it's still invaluable to a squishy zon like Yellow. The Council was taken out from a distance, and the Durance cleared before Meph was taken out without much issue.

Out into A4 and we immediately bumped into this (luckily unbreakable) PI. No harm no foul, we slowly killed him and moved on only to find... an ubreakable PI spawner.

3R0Ln0E.jpg

Sigh. She had to park him since she has no viable PI solution (MA is not allowed for her since it's 'white').

No Gloams to speak of in the PoD, she got rid of Izual and trudged through to the Forge, grabbing a Pul and heading up into the CS. The seals went down easily, but I was a little nervous of the Diablo fight.

1cd9uS7.jpg

Turns out it was actually quite easy. The merc died a handful of times, but she didn't even need to use a full stack of arrows before it was all over. I've hit my stride with Strafe a bit more at this point, but I'm still not crazy about it. Something about it just doesn't jive well with my playstyle, I think. Through Shenk with no problems, she pushed up into the Crystalline Passage where she was promptly slowed to a halt by PI Ghosts. Slowly she made it through, and found Anya in a thankfully Gloam-less Frozen River, before heading down and taking out Nihlathak.

More PI Ghosts in the Glacial Trail and I'm starting to get tired of this whole 'no-viable-PI-solution' thing she has going on. Just in time for...the Ancients.

I knew this would be bad. First things first pop a Decoy up to try and distract at least 1 (but preferably 2) of them, while she hauls it back to the stairs and tries to analyze her chances.

Roll 1: Cursed + Might. Reset
Roll 2: Cursed, Yellow dead instantly. Reset
Roll 3: Merc dead instantly. Reset
Roll 4: Conviction + LE, merc dead instantly. Reset

You get the picture.

I lost track, but probably a dozen or so resets later and she finally got them separated and with rolls that aren't insta-kills. Korlic (Holy Shock) was pretty much benign and got dealt with no problem. Next came Madawc (Mana burn, LE). He was scary as he wouldn't stay targetted on anyone in particular, making errant axes a serious danger. He went down eventually though and it was Talic time.

Stone Skin, ugh. Okay, well as long as Yellow stays out of his WW path she should be fine. After what felt like an eternity, he did indeed die, and in what she chooses to believe as a final act of respect, they all turned Yellow to honour her. Group shot time!

CF2qX7S.jpg

A very quick trip though the WSK led her to a Gloam-infested Throne, plus this (breakable-PI) Pit Lord who took longer than the entire rest of the Throne combined. Slowly but surely she picked them all off, and did the same with the waves, leading them out a few at a a time. Finally, it was time for Baal!

It was an absolute mess. The merc couldn't keep Decrep on him to keep him still, so it was constant running while getting some pot shots in, running, dodging appendages, portalling to restock potions or de-spawn the clone, find Baal again and start the whole process over. The merc died a pile of times (and Yellow kicked it a couple times too). After a long and frustrating fight, she used up all of her rejuvs and most of her bank account, but she prevailed!

mT3DkhQ.jpg

Whew. That sucked.

Mat thread here, with some thoughts.

Yellow, the Strafe Amazon - lvl 81, Matriarch

Last edited:
Character number 6; the Sorceress.

It's a bit of a shame really, since light blue (and crystal blue) both have great sorceress gear like Fathom and Nightwings, but honestly the light blue armours just didn't look very good on a sorceress, so the Paladin got the Blue designation. Aesthetics dictate then that the sorceress is going to be our Indigo (dark blue, for this sept) character. That's alright though, it's always fun to go off the beaten path a little bit!

Slim pickings for gear for her in that category, with several spots without a single piece. Luckily those are only for non-displaying spots, so instead of going gearless I'm going to pull from other types of blue (light or crystal), as long as they look decent in the inventory screen. There will be abit of overlap with our Paladin Blue, but that's the way it goes sometimes. There are some shoppable affixes for dark blue though, so I may take the time and shop some stuff later on if I'm feeling like it.

For the build, it's obviously going to be pure cold. I'm going to keep it fairly simple and make her a Frost Nova/Frozen Orb sorc. Not sure what I'll do with the rest of the points so far, I'll just see as I go along. I am going to allow teleport, but other than that it will be pure cold. That means no static for Act Bosses, but FO should be more than powerful enough. Onwards!

--

First things first it was some chipped sapphires into some gear to get her a decent hue. Well... sort of.

PI6QOwd.jpg

At least the staff looks good! And... her sleeves are blue. She also put a point into frozen armour for some blue sparkles and off she went to the den. Hit level 5 in there and got her first S/U in Hand of Broc (technically crystal blue, but close enough for a non-display item). She soon hit 6, got access to frost nova (though it's too weak for much other than crowd control right now) and dispatched corpsefire. Shortly afterwards she hit 8, grabbed a rogue (cold, naturally) and gave her some envy-socketed gear and she's off to the races now! Level 9 got her end-game boots, Gorefoot. Yes you heard that right. They are the ONLY S/U dark blue boots. Soon came 17 and she could finally equip some actual dark blue items.

rwEOwoa.jpg

Mils helm, shield and weapon. Though the helm doesn't really change, and it's only the hammer's head that does, at least the shield looks good! She doesn't have the strength for the armour yet, but once that's on the look should improve. Through to Andy, Indigo tanked while Elly shot away and soon enough she was dead.

First order of business in the desert; grab a town guard. Prayer (blue!) will do for now, though I may change him later. As always, a savage polearm makes for quick progress,so before long she hit 24 in the Arcane Sanctuary and finally had enough strength for Milabrega's armour.

PUOOCsk.jpg

That's better! Feeling more like her Indigo self, she had the shortest possible trip through the tomb, and killed Duriel (well, the merc did all the heavy lifting). Act 3 gave a whole slew of gear improvements starting with the Ward at 26, Goldwrap (it's technically light blue, but there are no S/U dark blue belts, so.. good enough!) at 27 along with Insight for the merc, 28 got her Silks of the Victor. More importantly though, she got enough dexterity to equip her end-game weapon: Spectral Shard.

k5Uj7wW.jpg

Looking pretty good now! She also maxed Frost Nova and... it's not strong. I'll have to see how it does once we get some skillers, and for now it's still okay, but she'll be switching to FO full-time once she hits 30. Easy progress through Act 4 and she hit 29, prompting another round of 'Aesthetics vs Effectiveness'. Skin of the Vipermagi, which would be a very reasonable end-game armour for a sorceress, just so happens to be dark blue in the transform files. Great, right?

nSQt3CT.jpg

Wrong. It looks like absolute garbage. Back to Silks of the Victor, she grabbed a Ral from the Forge, hit 30 in the CS (giving her FO and CM) and plowed through Diablo. She then ran Eldritch to 35, Pindle till 40, and became Slayer at 44.

9Wp6Lmi.jpg

So far so good, she's been super easy gameplay-wise especially since FO made an appearance. Next session will be straight out into NM for her.

Indigo, the FO/FN Sorceress - lvl 44, NM Rogue Encampment

Reactions: PhineasB and Luhkoh
Yikes. Kudos for the self-imposed restrictions, but SoVM is quite the restraint to pass up as an option :)

She is starting to look like someone...

I may or may not have used her as inspiration to know just how 'blue' a sorceress could get, I hope I can do her proud in the end.

Yikes. Kudos for the self-imposed restrictions, but SoVM is quite the restraint to pass up as an option :)

She's definitely the worst so far for 'what could have been' in terms of items. Leaving SoVM and Nightwings on the table for a cold sorc is a tough one to stomach, but sometimes you have to pay to look good!

Reactions: PhineasB
Indigo had her inventory stuffed full of skillers and off she went into NM at p8.

H6uVUMM.jpg

With her new batch of skillers, Frozen Orb makes it so there really isn't much to talk about for questing. It's absolute carnage out there, even on p8 full-time. She hit 45 and that opened up the one and only blue S/U ring in Ravenfrost. You may remember Blue using them since they are technically crystal in the transform files, but since they're not dark blue (and they don't really add anything to her build) she is going to skip them and go ring-less. Since questing is boring right now, I may as well talk about some gear instead! That is kind of the point of this sept, after all.

Her weak spot (looks-wise) remains her helm. Milabrega's looks like crap, honestly. Crowns just don't transform colour well, so while it DOES actually transform it retains a lot of gold detailing on it. You can see the dark-blue colour shifting as the character wavers while standing, but it's far less than ideal. The only problem? Her only other dark blue option is Sazabi's helm, and quite frankly it looks even worse. It looks like it doesn't transform at all, which is completely unnacceptable. Add to that there are no dark blue affixes for helms to shop for at all. So, to properly outfit herself she has one remaining option; gems. Chipped-Flawless sapphire have a transform value of 5, which equates to... dark blue! Okay, now I just need a helm that transforms properly. I scoured my stashes for a helm that would transform (ie. no crowns, tiaras, etc) and found a 3-soc great helm. Okay, let's see how it goes.

0wVGJUn.jpg

Better! If Nightwings (light blue) was good enough for Blue, this is good enough for Indigo. I would have liked a bone helm too, but I don't have any stashed, so I'll see if I catch one along the way and try it out. I put Ort/Ral in the other slots for some resists, and its back to the races.

She flew through to Andy, and just swept act 2 on our way to Duriel. The merc got an Insight thresher, Lionheart and Delerium to kick him up a notch, and it was into the jungles where it seemed that just as quickly we were out of them again and facing Meph. Act 4 followed a similar fate, grabbing a Dol from the forge and killing Diablo with ease (despite the merc biting it almost immediately). She hit 65 just before D, so she took this chance to switch out her Goldwrap for the Credendum. It's still light blue, but it's just.. better. I was going to swap in LoH as well to compliment the belt (and the Telling of Beads which she has equipped as well), but it being light blue makes it a worse candidate than the current Hand of Broc which is crystal (sort of like a medium blue). You can see the difference in the screenie below between the equipped HoB and the LoH sitting below it in the inventory.

2BXIG10.jpg

I know I know, gloves isn't a displaying spot, but since this character is having to sacrifice going full dark blue anyways, I figured I'd may as well get as close as possible if I can, right? Right. Besides I'm not missing out on a ton from LoH other than the FR which though it would have been nice, is not crucial. On to Harrogath!

Act 5 flew by as well. Even the likes of these Cursed Spectral Hit Frenzytaurs didn't slow her down. Frozenstein is of course unbreakable CI, but Indigo took out the minions while the merc handled him with ease. She hit 68 on her way to Nihlathak and (after a hefty strength investment) equipped her final shield:

m2o9ZF3.jpg

It looks identical to the previous shield (the Ward), but it's slightly better in terms of stats and it has those nifty blue horns in her inventory, so win-win. Before she knew it she was dubbed Champion at level 71.

QKpCIzO.jpg

Not sure if I'll level her a bit before taking on Hell, FO is so powerful it may not need it. The merc could use some levels though, I'll see how I'm feeling next session.

Indigo, the FO/FN Sorceress - lvl 71, Hell Rogue Encampment

Last edited:
Final respec and she is officially built as a FO/FN Sorc now, rather than FN/FO (just swapping synergies around, basically). Frost Nova just wasn't cutting it with her gear, so it's full-bore on FO for killing, and we'll continue to pump FN synergies now, in case we want to use it as a chilling tool. She also socketed her Spirit Ward with a PDiamond, and swapped her charms around to get her resistances up. Infinity to the merc and:

riB8kPF.jpg

She's ready! Numbers aren't super impressive, especially her life total, but it is what it is. Off she goes, /p3 for now unless I have to change it moving forward.

The merc proved his worth immediately on a CI Corpsefire, but it was smooth going after that until she ran into her first unbreakable PI/CI boss in the Countess' Tower. She had to park it (and another on the next floor), but soon enough the Countess was dead and the rest of the act was over as well with Andariel going down with ease (despite absolutely smoking the merc).

Things are starting to get a bit more dangerous in the desert, but the killing speed is just fine so far. In fact it's so fine that she basically just walked her way through the entire act, killing Radament, Coldworm, Fangskin and then Duriel in quick succession. Act 3 was much of the same, with only unbreakable CI Thorned Hulks slowing us down. The merc was up to the task though, so it was soon through to the cities, bottlenecking Sarina in a doorway and feeding the merc potions until she dropped. She did, however, have her first death to dolls and a big helping of carelessness. After that though it was through to Meph and on to Act 4.

Her low life total is becoming very apparent, and she has to be quite careful around the stronger monsters now as they take significant chunks if they land a hit. CIs are cropping up more, and unbreakable ones at that, so things are just more dangerous in general. Even so, Izual died easily (thanks in part to no Gloam spawns!). The RoF was slow due to unbreakable CI Grotesques, but the duo persevered and nabbed a Mal from the Forge before hitting another slog of unbreakable CI Oblivion Knights in the CS. Slow and steady they worked through it, and eventually the seal were popped, and Diablo dispatched.

8FOkcLv.jpg

Up through CI Shenk without issue. His minions were CI as well, so Indigo just let him turn them enslaved and they blew themselves up. Problem solved!

Everything and their mother is unbreakable CI in the ice tunnels, so it was down to p1 to make it bearable for the merc, and there it would stay for the remainder of the act (truthfully, I simply forgot to set it back up once out of the caves). She drew gloams and CI sirens in the frozen river, so that was slow, painful, and careful going. Indigo had a couple deaths to gloams in here, but eventually she made it to Anya and thawed her out before heading down to visit Nihlathak. Luckily no vipers down there, but still PI Ghosts and Witches made it a bit dicey for the merc, though Indigo could handle them easily. They swapped rolls once they found Nihl, and the merc handle the CI Ice Boars while Indigo spammed FOs from afar to whittle Nihlathak down.

uLNPquC.jpg

CI pit vipers, bone mages AND frozen creepers in the GT made for some really slow going, she ended up skipping a bunch of them and just shooting for the exit (which she luckily found quite quickly). Before she knew it she was on the summit and ready to try the Ancients. Obviously she was hoping for no PI/CI, as that's a non-starter for this duo. Korlic was 1st and only CI so he was dealt with easily enough by the merc. Talic next, non-CI so Indigo had him dead within seconds. Madawc last...non-CI! He soon was reunited with his brothers, Indigo dinged 81, and she was on her way through to the Throne quickly.

At this point the hard part was all over, and the first 4 waves all melted to FO. Lister's group was okay as well, despite getting pushed all the way back to the archway. Baal stood no chance to FO since I had left it on /p1, and all of a sudden that was that! Matriarch at 81.

mzmBKVJ.jpg

Indigo, the FO/FN Sorceress - lvl 81, Matriarch

Mat thread is here.

A bit late on the writeup here, but the seventh character in this sept is fully underway.

I've been looking forward to this one. I left her till the end purposefully because there are a ton of great gear options, and I wanted something powerful and fun to finish the sept off. Once I saw that Gore Riders are red in the transform files, there was simply no other option than a kicker. As mentioned, red has lots of great options for a kicker like Fleshripper, Dracul's Grasp and String of Ears. She only has a few options for shields, and by far the coolest (and best looking) is Medusa's Gaze. Hefty strength investment, so I thought why not just run with it and go full titan?

A quick note on skills before she sets out. She'll be using Tiger Strike as her charge-up skill. The orbs are white, but the finish is red so I'm gonna call that close enough since she has literally no other options. Fire is out (orange), so DTail is out, but I prefer DTalon for her anyways since shes going to be loaded with OW/CB and the like. DFlight is also available to her. I'm going to allow Cos and MB, since they are essentially uncoloured, and I literally have nothing else for skill points after her 3 martial arts are maxed. BoS/Fade/Venom/Shadows are all out, which is a shame, but thems the breaks!

Well, all of that is a long way off but her journey as a titan TS/DTalon kicker starts now, so off we go.

--

As per the norm, she ditched starter gear and threw some chipped rubies into stuff to get her on her way. She quickly started adding S/U gear with Hsarus entire set at level 3 (nice change of pace to have a belt so early!), along with Berserker's helmet. Level 4 gave her Cleglaw's gloves, and then as level 6 she got a complete overhaul (already!). She equipped the rest of Berserker's set and replaced Cleglaw's gloves with Death's, giving her the entire HSarus' set, Berserker's Set, and Death's Gloves.

That's a whole lotta red for level 6! That left her with more than enough firepower to go with, so she was soon through to Cain and hit 15 where it was time to swap out her gloves for Chance Guards and her armour for The Centurion. Unfortunately that is the best looking armour she's going to have access to for a while, but that's okay. Gleamscythe also replaces Berserker's axe and Swordback hold gave her a pretty badass looking shield for now.

nCd1B8j.jpg

At 17 she upgraded to a better looking sword with Griswold's Edge (worth it, even though the KB is annoying) and the rest of the act flew with Andariel dying easily. Something crazy happened here too, she actually dropped something INTERESTING!!!!

Code:
Knell Striker 
Scepter 
One Hand Damage: 10 - 18 
Durability: 40 of 50 
Required Level: 5 
Required Strength: 25 
Fingerprint: 0x785f152b 
Item Level: 12 
Version: Expansion 1.10+ 
Unidentified 
70% Enhanced Damage 
+35 to Attack Rating 
+150% Damage to Undead 
25% Chance of Crushing Blow 
+15 to Mana 
Fire Resist +20% 
Poison Resist +20%

Well that's nice! It's my final TC3, so that's a sweet find. Crazy that my last two TC3s have both come from members of this sept (Blue found Pluckeye in A1 Hell).

Act 2 was a blur after picking up a BA merc (red aura!) and cruising with his Savage polearm. Duriel was a breeze, as were the jungles with the only notable thing being the merc upgrading to Insight before killing Meph handily. Things started happening a bit more in Act 4, where Red got some much needed life leech from String of Ears. She also popped on Frostburns too, though they really aren't much better than Chancies at this point. A level later she got herself a new weapon in Bloodletter, then grabbed a Thul from the Forge and knocked off Diablo in no time.

Quickly to eldritch she leveled there until 37, finally allowing her to make some real headway in her looks. The thing about the colour red is that it doesnt have ANY good S/U armours (looks-wise, anyways). The Centurion shes been wearing is literally the best displaying one, and it leaves a lot to be desired. So she popped on a nice plated armor shopped specifically for her.

zkfVC8b.jpg

Nice! Blood red and looking good, plus a little help in the health department. Helm still looks like garbage, but solutions to that will have to wait a bit. Through the rest of the final act with ease, she became Slayer at 45. She leveled to 47 to equip Gore Riders (lovely red boots for a kicker!) and then upgraded her armor:

cB6pxCA.jpg

The thing about red gear is that it's almost all very offensive oriented. That leaves her wanting for resists pretty badly since she doesn't have access to fade, she'll have to make due in creative ways such as this.

You may also notice that she has no jewelry on. Well, despite having a huge number of items with red transform values, there are exactly 0 S/U red rings or amulets. I may gamble for some with decent affixes at some point if I want to fill a gap, but I'm not sure yet.

One last note before she heads out for NM is that there has been a change of plans. I've been doing some thinking about her build and gear, and it seems a real shame to go through all this trouble and completely ignore its main coolness-factor; LR from Medusa's Gaze. Now look, I know the ctc LR is going to be overridden most of the time by life tap from Dracs and confuse from the mercs delerium, but it would be a shame to not take advantage of the times when it isn't. Basically, Im going back on counting fire as only orange, and opening up DTail to her. This has the added benefit or giving me something else to pour skillpoints into so I dont have to pump CoS or MB. I'm still going to put 1 point in them and count them as neutrally coloured, but she will be primarily a single-tree build now. I needed a second element for PIs anyway, so this just makes sense.

Well if progress was fast before, it certainly ramped up now with the gear improvements. Andariel melted, and she flew through Act 2 so fast it felt like it never even happened. Act 3 things started getting tricky. Enemies absolutely melt, but she has to be very careful not to get swarmed. This is to be expected as a titan, so I'm not too worried. Act 3 also provided another gear change as she finally has a decent-looking helm!

T4OPTCg.jpg

Nice! She soon killed Meph, grabbed a Hel from the Forge, then cleared the CS. Diablo was super easy as he focused entirely on the merc. Before she knew it she was through to Anya, hit 68, and got her end-game weapon:

zXaoXyZ.jpg

I actually like the muted red look better than the bright red of Bloodletter as it matches the rest of her gear more closely, so that worked out well! After that she cruised fairly easily through the rest of the act, reaching Champion at 69. Things have gotten much more dangerous now, and she had a couple deaths in the act (mostly due to me trying to progress too quickly), so now she's going to slow down a bit and level to 76 to equip her final piece of equipment (Medusa's) before heading into Hell with her completed gearset.

Red, the TS/DTail Assassin - lvl 69, NM Act 5 (leveling)

Nice! This one seems particularly fun. Will be reading with interest! What's youre grail status at now with that knell found?
Grail -6 now, all big fish left though. Both Sacred Armours and Thunder Mauls, Stormlash and Heaven's Light.

Come to think of it, I should probably update myself in the Grail thread...

Reactions: Luhkoh
Please do! I feel like we need a lot more posts in that thread ;). I also have tyraels and stormlash left on the list. Big fish to fry indeed. But loving the project and looking forward to seeing more of Red!

Consider Death Sentry as another place for skill points? The traps themselves are white, but they usually leave the terrain very red after they've done their job! 🤪

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High