(Re)Introduction

Oct 18, 2004
Hello all!

It’s been about a decade since I’ve been active over at the old forums, but I am very excited to jump back in with D2R. While trying to refresh my memory on all things D2 I discovered that the SPF has moved over here now (and looks to still be going strong!)

My favorite classes are sorceress, amazon, and barbarian, with a special affinity for enchantresses.

I plan to start fresh in D2R. I’m sure I’ve got my old characters and stashes on a backup somewhere, but I don’t really think I had anything exciting enough to bother going back for. (I seem to recall doing a fresh start not too long before I stopped playing.) Besides, after all this time, anything other than a fresh start would feel weird.

I plan to stick to solo self found. I’m also working on a ruleset for my characters to follow. I’m going to stick to SC, but any characters that die before Mat/Pat will be considered perma-dead. (But I’ll keep their stuff — thus why no true hardcore for me.) That will give me a bit of a challenge during the main leveling process, but allow for later farming on the characters without the stress.

I look forward to hanging out and sharing my future D2R adventures!

Oh, and a fair warning to any potential shin kickers: Ask yourself — is a decade enough time for both the “Immune” and “Attackers Take Damage” mods for fall off?

Welcome back Cattleya . The bar is a bit quieter than it used to be but the D2 knowledge has grown a lot

Welcome back.

Good to see another old face (uh, name) back around.

Welcome back! Even if D2R fails completely (because they listen to all those whiners saying that the game is much too hard and thus introduce enhanced drops, easier boss packs, infinite respecs and giant beacons of light with blinking letters on the screen "next boss pack here") it at least brought back former SPF members :)

Glad to see you back! May your drops be green and golden (and orange, too, I guess?)!

• Haha
Reactions: snickersnack
Welcome !

I can't say "back" as I jumped in this forum a couple of years ago, therefore I don't have the privilege to know your name....yet.

Looking forward to your adventures, may your babies be numerous enough and live long enough to compete in our tournaments!

I will make English mistakes, because I'm French - that's a worldwide common knowledge I'm not really fighting against ;-)

Thanks everyone! D2R feels so close and yet so far away. (I can't remember the last time I was this excited for a game.) Lots of time to refresh my mind on all of those fun weird little mechanics quirks.

And yes, this place definitely feels like home.

Reactions: maxicek
Welcome back! I echo the sentiments of others about how great it is that the remaster is bringing so many SPFers back to the forum. Good luck with the new characters, and see you ‘round!

Reactions: snickersnack
Welcome back, Cat! And Hi Max, Gris, PB and everyone... I'm back too, bmostly in full on lurk mode. I spotted TRM in a couple of days back (now TRiM), and now I'm hoping for FastEddie to reappear... I may give him a nudge on the Insta or something.
Welcome back! Nice to see you again, nothing wrong with lurk-mode, it's been a staple of SPF culture since the beginning. :)

Reactions: jamesixgun
Welcome back. Always nice with more people around here. I look forward to reading about your journey. Also, enchantress and amazons rock!

With that said...
puts on 4xPRuby jewelers fullplate of the whale
kicks shins.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High