Heavy Belt

Long Staff
War Staff
War Sword
Smoked Sphere

Any rerolls?
16, war sword, and heavy belt.

@Vang sad to see Trashard go, glad to see a new entrant 😊
While you didn’t get any tp set, the skill sets seem pretty solid, for a weathersorc 😂

Forever will be 21 and I'll use 70 in normal.

Thinking of keeping 3 and 32 for Hell as it'll let me go either other element depending on drops.

Ok, well she past.

I made a stealth and was at level 17, was at players 3 and got hit recovery locked in the Barracks with a cold enchanted skeleton pack that I couldn't get away from...Was to disgusted to even look at it and didn't hit pscreen before I exited the client.

Sorceress and me do not mix. I don't know why, I just play them wrong on HC. (Granted this time I was basically a melee character)

Pity @Vang, not cool to be molested that early in the game…
Up for a new random char or do you have other projects?

Aww, sad to see such an abrupt end.

Nikhil is still going strong. I actually meant to do a post about beating Act II the other day, but then I saw the request to roll a sorc and forgot.

The first half of Act II was still pretty easy, and then suddenly it was not. The Summoner gave me the first challenging fight, which I thought was a bit unusual. I almost never have trouble there. Then I had my first near-death experience in one of the false tombs with a pack of champion Unravellers. A decent life pool and a belt full of full rejuvenation potions kept the run alive.

Then it was on to Duriel. I had multiple failed attempts at him. First I kept it on /players 8. The merc got one-shot and I used half my potions before escaping. After wandering in the desert for a while to restock my rejuvenations, I tried again on /players 3, with a similar result. I ended up leaving it on /players 1 and I traded in my prayer merc for a defiance one, to give Duriel a better chance to miss. That did the trick. The merc still died, but by that time Duriel was at less than a quarter health and Nikhil was able to finish off the big slug.

Of course after all that trouble, Duriel dropped nothing useful, except some town portals, I guess.
Screenshot025.jpg

Then it was on to Act III, accompanied by a new prayer merc, as I find them more useful most of the time. Act III was fairly easy and uneventful in comparison to II. There were only really two difficult enemies in the entire act. The first was this guy:
Screenshot028.jpg

Originally he was surrounded by his minions and also by a Dark Lord boss and his minions. The two packs probably took half an hour to clear, with lots of running away to portal back to the docks.

Sometime towards the end of Act III, I maxed out on the gold I have on hand and in stash so I gambled it all away, as is my custom. I didn't get much to show for it, but I did find the first unique item I can legally use:
Screenshot029.jpg
For now, I like my current magic amulet (24% lightning resistance, 34% magic find), but I might switch to that at some point, especially if I find more light res somewhere else.

The second difficult fight was Mephisto. I ended up taking it back down to /players 1 again, but the prime evil was much easier than Duriel was. He had a better drop too, although nothing useful:
Screenshot030.jpg

Now it's on to Act IV. I think I'm in decent shape so far with 599 life (and 809 stamina...), but I want to find more resists before taking on Diablo. I've lost more hardcore characters to the titular demon than to anyone else, and I want to be ready.

That's it for now for Nikhil the level 33 Barbarian and Gulzar the prayer mercenary, in the Pandemonium Fortress.

Act IV took a bit longer than I expected. That was partly because of my aforementioned abundance of caution, and mostly because of an incident at work that required me to get stitches in my mouse thumb. :oops:

Otherwise, it was fairly uneventful. I got an Eth from the Hellforge, the same thing I got seemingly forever ago from the Countess. My closest near-death experience came courtesy of the Infector of Souls, when basically all of his minions breathed fire at once. Spamming full rejuvenations saved the day again.

The most difficult fight by far though, unsurprisingly, was Diablo. Nikhil was never in too much danger from him, because he mostly ran away and made Gulzar the mercenary do all the work. Really, that was the strategy for most of the act. The battle a long time, even on /players 1, and Gulzar had to be resurrected eight times during it. One thing that I found interesting was that Gulzar would get one-shot by Diablo's lightning hose while Nikhil could tank it, despite the merc having better resists. There's a health difference to be sure, but it's not that much. Weird.

In the end, Diablo and Gulzar killed each other simultaneously. The drop was nothing useful of course:
Screenshot037.jpg

Then it was on to Act V. So far, so good. Act V is easier than Act IV, at least in the beginning, so it's back to cruising at /players 8. The first quest has been completed, and Shenk has been slain.
Screenshot039.jpg

Nikhil is now wearing his first set piece, Sigon's Gage. Nothing spectacular, but the strength bonus lets me use Ancient Armor a couple levels earlier than I would normally be able to.

Going forward, my immediate goal is to get some kind of weapon upgrade so Nikhil can start contributing more. I've been on the lookout for a usable two socket weapon, preferably a broad axe, so I could at least make Strength for the crushing blow. No luck so far. In other news, Nikhil is now up to 713 life and, after maxing out the second of my three available skills, a ridiculous 1162 stamina.

And that's all for now for Nikhil the level 40 Barbarian and Gulzar the prayer mercenary, on the Arreat Plateau.

Reactions: Zyr
MrDevastation, Level 48, Skill Set 32+67, Nightmare Act 1
Forever set: 32 - Bone prison, Poison nova, Lower resist

Normal set: 63 - Teeth, Bone wall, Poison nova
NM set: 67 - Blood golem, Bone wall, Confuse
Hell sets: 10 - Revive, Bone spirit, Weaken
74 - Skeleton matery, Poison explosion, Life tap

Let's just say that MrDevastation is not a sprinter by any definition.

With the mildly offensive, medium CC based skillset and an act 2 mercenary wielding his savage partizan from act 3 Normal, things didn't drop like flies at P7. The journey into nightmare has been safe enough, but so slow that other chars have rushed past him.

None the less, the devil is in the details:
The cold plains were generous enough to provide an upgrade for the MF oriented Necromancer to dump his coming P.topazes into
Screenshot111.png
An then we had a nice surprise party by Treehead Woodfist and friends right out of the underground passage
Screenshot113.png
They kindly provided the 8th Isenhart's case
Screenshot114.png
The we went to the forgotten tower to get some runes, still needing a partizan to socket, and Amn runes to cube sockets as well. Runes we got, but the best was not from the countess
Screenshot119.png
she gave:
Screenshot120.png
We continued all the way to catacombs level 2 while gradually lowering the player level to 5 and then 3 to avoid being overrun by monsters. Still He could not penetrate the deepest layers of the catacombs and had to go search for a weapon upgrade for Alhizeer.
Weapon upgrade first try, better damage and fair mods to be used for boss fights:
Screenshot170.png
But then again, who needs slowing on a single target when you can more than double the damage output.
Weapon upgrade second try, with added MF to boot. Very important since Alhizeer gets ~90% of all kills.
Screenshot171.png

The new weapon meant that progress was less mind numbing.
Gotta love bone prison :p
Screenshot174.png
Screenshot175.png

MrDevastation, Level 52, Skill Set 32+67, Nightmare Act 2
Code:
   D2R Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level  Skills         Location               Score
-- --- ----------        --------------       -----   -----  ------         --------               ----
SP Yes Grisu             Randomnipotent       Nec     86.3   33+14+34+58+83 Guardian 01/10/22       54
SP Yes skoolbus          Odin                 Bar     84     45+48+56       Guardian 02/27/22       54
   Yes Babyhell          BleedRunner          Pal     83.3   78+86+71       Guardian 10/27/21       45
   Yes Vang              Levia                Ama     82     69+9+90        Guardian 10/29/21       45
SP Yes Quackerz          Nero                 Dru     73     52+26+42       Lut Gholein H           39
SP Yes thefranklin       RandomWayToDie       Ass     59     40+74          NM Kurast Docks         24
SP Yes aitrus            RandomDeadNecro      Nec     42     21+75          NM Lut Gholein          21
   Yes D4di56lu3         MrDevaStation        Nec     52     32+67          NM Lut Gholein          18
   Yes maxicek           Forley               Bar     29     42+18          Pandemonium Fortress     9
   Yes Vang              Trashard             Pal     27     84+89          Pandemonium Fortress     9 
   No  ranagrande        Nikhil               Bar     24     19             Far Oasis                3
SP Yes jstani01          Mystery              Bar     18     93             Inner Cloister           0
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your SOUL was swallowed by the resurrection (aka Deeds)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   Yes Jcakes            Athena               Ass     83+    44+29+51+90    H Ancients Way          42
   Yes Vildecor          Fernando             Pal     77     96+42+48+86    Deeds                   36
SP No  softlyfalling     Ansa                 Ass     75     39+12+14+58    Deeds                   36
   Yes D4di56lu3         Deva                 Ass     80     19+30+39+77    Deeds Hell Lut Gholein  33
SP Yes Babyhell          VangKenstein         Sor     72     66             Deeds NM Frozen Tundra  30
SP Yes Jcakes            SerafinaPekkala      Ama     60     5 + 50         Deeds                   24
   Yes Vang              Multiple             Multi   58     Many           Deeds                   21
   Yes corale            Meoh                 Dru     43     65             Deeds                   15
SP Yes Dazliare          Mulgram              Bar      ?     56             Act 5                   12
   Yes Dazliare          Priscilla            Sor     25     25+72          Deeds                   9
   Yes Miron             Hartwig              Bar     29     8+75           Deeds                   6
   Yes coju              RandyTom             Bar     25      5             Deeds                   3
   Yes Sid               Brisket              Dru     8      07+52          Deeds
   Yes Jamesixgun        Devi                 Sor     7      66+78          Deeds
   Yes Sid               Bortleby             Pal     23     40             Deeds

Nikhil continued to make progress as well. I kept it on /players 8 for most of Act V, and took it all the way down to players 1 for the Ancients and the Worldstone Keep. Most of the Act was uneventful. I never did find a good base to make a Strength runeword, but I did get a weapon upgrade like I wanted shortly before reaching the summit of Mt. Arreat:
Screenshot046.jpg

Gulzar still had to do almost all of the work, but this did let me contribute a bit more.

Baal must have been paying attention to my earlier writeups when I mentioned that my first near-death experience came courtesy of a pack of champion Unravellers, because he threw this guy at me:
Screenshot047.jpg

At first there were three other mummies with him, and a whole swarm of cold skeleton mages for them to resurrect. Those things were the only enemies I've faced so far that could actually freeze instead of just chilling/slowing, and they almost killed me multiple times. Eventually I was able to kite the skeletons out of range to be rezzed. Without his friends, Achmel was defeated easily enough.

That was the most dangerous fight for Nikhil, but the fight with Baal was definitely the most dangerous for Gulzar. That final battle consisted entirely of me running away while throwing mercenaries at Baal. It took over an hour and I spent over 400,000 gold resurrecting Gulzar, and that was on players 1! In the end, the 30 somethingth reincarnation of Gulzar defeated the final Prime Evil, who rewarded us with nothing of value:
Screenshot051.jpg

And thus ends my run through Normal difficulty.
Screenshot053.jpg

And here were my final stats for Normal:
Screenshot057.jpg

The rest of my skills were one point each as prereqs in Bash and Double Swing, and the remaining six points in Double Throw, which was completely worthless because I do not have access to any throwing weapons. I still need to decide on the exact breakdown before respeccing, but I am very much looking forward to having actual usable skills.

Onward to Nightmare!
Code:
   D2R Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level  Skills         Location               Score
-- --- ----------        --------------       -----   -----  ------         --------               ----
SP Yes Grisu             Randomnipotent       Nec     86.3   33+14+34+58+83 Guardian 01/10/22       54
SP Yes skoolbus          Odin                 Bar     84     45+48+56       Guardian 02/27/22       54
   Yes Babyhell          BleedRunner          Pal     83.3   78+86+71       Guardian 10/27/21       45
   Yes Vang              Levia                Ama     82     69+9+90        Guardian 10/29/21       45
SP Yes Quackerz          Nero                 Dru     73     52+26+42       Lut Gholein H           39
SP Yes thefranklin       RandomWayToDie       Ass     59     40+74          NM Kurast Docks         24
SP Yes aitrus            RandomDeadNecro      Nec     42     21+75          NM Lut Gholein          21
   Yes D4di56lu3         MrDevaStation        Nec     52     32+67          NM Lut Gholein          18
   No  ranagrande        Nikhil               Bar     45     19+21+80       NM Rogue's Camp         15
   Yes maxicek           Forley               Bar     29     42+18          Pandemonium Fortress     9
SP Yes jstani01          Mystery              Bar     18     93             Inner Cloister           0
Your SOUL was swallowed by the resurrection (aka Deeds)
   Yes Jcakes            Athena               Ass     83+    44+29+51+90    H Ancients Way          42
   Yes Vildecor          Fernando             Pal     77     96+42+48+86    Deeds                   36
SP No  softlyfalling     Ansa                 Ass     75     39+12+14+58    Deeds                   36
   Yes D4di56lu3         Deva                 Ass     80     19+30+39+77    Deeds Hell Lut Gholein  33
SP Yes Babyhell          VangKenstein         Sor     72     66             Deeds NM Frozen Tundra  30
SP Yes Jcakes            SerafinaPekkala      Ama     60     5 + 50         Deeds                   24
   Yes Vang              Multiple             Multi   58     Many           Deeds                   21
   Yes corale            Meoh                 Dru     43     65             Deeds                   15
SP Yes Dazliare          Mulgram              Bar      ?     56             Act 5                   12
   Yes Dazliare          Priscilla            Sor     25     25+72          Deeds                   9
   Yes Miron             Hartwig              Bar     29     8+75           Deeds                   6
   Yes coju              RandyTom             Bar     25      5             Deeds                   3
   Yes Sid               Brisket              Dru     8      07+52          Deeds
   Yes Jamesixgun        Devi                 Sor     7      66+78          Deeds
   Yes Sid               Bortleby             Pal     23     40             Deeds

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High