Random Tournament 2020 Stay/Shelter-in-Place/Home Edition

Time for Act 5!

Diablo was taken down finally! I started the act with no resistance above 18 and finished with Fire Maxed, Cold almost, Lightning above 50% and poison as well.

I had to redo a lot of gear:

Artisan's Ancient Armor of Skill
'OrtRal'
Defense: 220
Durability: 60 of 60
Required Strength: 100
Required Level: 26
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 63
Fingerprint: 0x892ded91
+4 to Dexterity
Fire Resist +30%
Lightning Resist +30%
24% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Socketed (3: 3 used)

Bitter Touch
Leather Gloves
Defense: 5
Durability: 12 of 12
Required Level: 30
Item Level: 53
Fingerprint: 0xfc778fb8
+26% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +13%
Cold Resist +20%
Replenish Life +4
19% Better Chance of Getting Magic Item

Lizard's Plated Belt of the Whale
Defense: 9
Durability: 24 of 24
Required Strength: 60
Required Level: 37
Item Level: 63
Fingerprint: 0xb019edb
+92 to Life
+3 to Mana

Chaos Spiral
Ring
Required Level: 48
Item Level: 57
Fingerprint: 0x814256b9
+4 to Mana
+4 to Maximum Damage
Fire Resist +31%
Lightning Resist +10%
Cold Resist +10%
Poison Resist +10%
3% Life stolen per hit
Level 3 Charged Bolt (27/27 Charges

Bitter Grip
Ring
Required Level: 43
Item Level: 61
Fingerprint: 0xe3380794
+5 to Dexterity
+27 to Life
+41 to Mana
Fire Resist +6%
Lightning Resist +6%
Cold Resist +21%
Poison Resist +6%

Both rings found in Chaos Sanctuary. Darkglow might be upgraded to give my mercenary a tad more defense and slightly higher resist.

This was weird, guess confuse made them all enemies from Hephasto's Conviction. Really cool actually and made short work of the adds.
Screenshot170.jpg

Initial onslaught took out 3 mages
Screenshot171.jpg

Then there were 3...
Screenshot172.jpg

Victory rewards
Screenshot173.jpg

Onto more pressing matters, can I get my HELL rolls as I'm going to weed my way through Act 5 tonight.

Forever skills are:

Skeleton Magi (locked from normal)
Skeleton Mastery
Lifetap
Iron Maiden

Last edited:
Reactions: Babyhell
Onto more pressing matters, can I get my HELL rolls as I'm going to weed my way through Act 5 tonight.

Forever skills are:

Skeleton Magi (locked from normal)
Skeleton Mastery
Lifetap
Iron Maiden

I'll wait a bit to see if someone else comes around. If not, I'll do it again :)

I saw this thread pop up, and then I remembered I had a random tourney leap attack barb with daggers sitting somewhere. I also clicked through the old thread and found we started a MP group that failed miserably, ah the good old days...

@Vang's Hell skills roll
3 2 Dim vision
2 5 Bone wall
1 6 Blood golem
2 3 Poison dagger -> auto reroll 1 3 Clay Golem

Clay is always great!

Unsure about that particular golem...but Bone wall should be a nice tool if the magi's attack through - never tried it.

Oh, and btw, there's a mistake on your second ring, you only showed one twice. Great roll on that resistance ring though!

Last edited:
@Vang's Hell skills roll
3 2 Dim vision
2 5 Bone wall
1 6 Blood golem
2 3 Poison dagger

Unsure about that particular golem...but Bone wall should be a nice tool if the magi's attack through - never tried it.

Oh, and btw, there's a mistake on your second ring, you only showed one twice. Great roll on that resistance ring though!
Well I am happy about Dim Vision, unsure about that bone wall and magi.

Poison Dagger will be an auto-reroll since I can't use it though.

Fixed rings, maybe one was found earlier as it has a different ILVL.

Swamigoonikov the random necro has defeated normal Baal and made it to Act 1 NM. Baals waves were very slow going, but danger free. I was using an Act V merc with Kinemil's Awl Giant Sword. It was probably a reduction in damage from a savage bill Act 2 merc, but I wanted a change. I found a Riphook in late Act V and will use an Act 1 merc to start nightmare with.

The cow level was surprising easy. After poison nova did nothing to the last three waves, it only took about 3 poison novas to kill cows. I found two more white demon heads in cows (4 total for normal difficulty) and imbued one of them, and was rewarded with +3 summon resist and +2 decripify. Now I can summon skeletons with skeleton mastery from my wand and summon resist from my shield, that should help their durability a bunch.

I originally kept bone armor as a forever skill thinking I could synergize a bone skill with it and use that in NM or Hell. For NM I did get bone spear, so I thought it was perfect. Then I looked and realized that bone spear has 4 synergies and with one of them maxed I was looking at only 320 damage. Yikes. I guess we are going with a lower resist-less poison nova.

Code:
     Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level  Last Waypoint          Points
     ----------------- -------------------- ------- ------ ---------------------- -------
SP   Grisu             Pynache              Ama     85     WSK 2 Hell             54 (Guardian)
     Babyhell          Frida                Ama     84     WSK 2 Hell             45 (Guardian)
     Vang              Bludgeon             Pal     76     Black Marsh H          31 (RIP)
SP   Jcakes            Rurisk               Pal     73     Rogue Encampment H     30
     Vang              Avenged              Dru     64     River of Flame NM      25 (RIP)
     Vang              Eli                  Bar     53?    Spider Forest NM       22 (RIP)
SP   Pb_pal            Silika               Asa     57     NM Kurast Docks        24
SP   Vildecor          Daphydae             Ama     48     Stony Field NM         19 (RIP)
SP   Dazliare          IronChad             Bar     49     NM Dark Wood           18
SP   Jcakes            Nightshade           Asa     47     Rogue Encampment NM    18 (RIP)
SP   DariusTriplet     Vegas                Pal     41     Rogue Encampment NM    18
     Jocular           TheGoldenCalf        Ass     48     Rogue Encampment NM    15
SP   thefranklin       Swamigoonikov        Nec     48     Rogue Encampment NM    15
     Vang              Aergh                Nec     31     Rogue Encampment NM    15
     Vang              Shiv                 Asa     46     Rogue Camp NM          15 (RIP)
     QueenEm           Groot                Dru     45     Rogue Camp (NM)        15
SP   logoutzero        Odin                 Bar     48     Worldstone Keep 2      13 (RIP)
     Vang              Shockingly           Sor     35     Highlands              13 (RIP)
     Swamigoon         Niminy               Bar     28     Arreat Plateau         13 (RIP)
     QueenEm           RandomQueen          Sorc    31     Pandemonium Fortress   10 (RIP)
     Swamigoon         Witgat               Dru     22     Canyon o' Magi          4 (RIP)
SP   Babyhell          BrianTribute         Dru     27     Canyon of the Magi      4 (S&E vs Duriel)
     queenEm           MightyTexan          Bar     24     Far Oasis               3
     Swamigoon         Cuckoo               Dru     17     Halls o' Dead 2         4 (RIP)
SP   CaseyJones        Turgruel             Pal     20     Act 2 Sewers            3
SP   b1ur              Lynn                 Ama     20     Lut Gholein             3
     Vildecor          Gryphon              Bar     15     Lut Gholein             3
SP   logoutzero        Swedish_Royalty      Ama      1     Rogue Encampment        0
     intersilva        ?                    Ama      1     Rogue Camp              0

Well this drop happened:
Screenshot175.jpg

I promptly fired my mercenary and hired Sigemund. Man did I go from /p1 to /p5 with ease.

Now it is just leveling to 75 before I head to Hell to dim vision the game as much as I can and rush to the finish because my summons aren't strong enough and Sigemund does bashy things.

Screenshot176.jpg

Screenshot177.jpg

Slowly I have made my way into act 3. Still swinging 2 giant swords. I have now moved from p8 to p1 mainly because I find the jungle so extremely boooooring. I will need to farm Mephisto instead.

Code:
     Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level  Last Waypoint          Points
     ----------------- -------------------- ------- ------ ---------------------- -------
SP   Grisu             Pynache              Ama     85     WSK 2 Hell             54 (Guardian)
     Babyhell          Frida                Ama     84     WSK 2 Hell             45 (Guardian)
     Vang              Bludgeon             Pal     76     Black Marsh H          31 (RIP)
SP   Jcakes            Rurisk               Pal     73     Rogue Encampment H     30
     Vang              Avenged              Dru     64     River of Flame NM      25 (RIP)
     Vang              Eli                  Bar     53?    Spider Forest NM       22 (RIP)
SP   Pb_pal            Silika               Asa     57     NM Kurast Docks        24
SP   Vildecor          Daphydae             Ama     48     Stony Field NM         19 (RIP)
SP   Dazliare          IronChad             Bar     49     NM Dark Wood           18
SP   Jcakes            Nightshade           Asa     47     Rogue Encampment NM    18 (RIP)
SP   DariusTriplet     Vegas                Pal     41     Rogue Encampment NM    18
SP   thefranklin       Swamigoonikov        Nec     48     Rogue Encampment NM    15
     Vang              Shiv                 Asa     46     Rogue Camp NM          15 (RIP)
     QueenEm           Groot                Dru     45     Rogue Camp (NM)        15 (RIP)
SP   logoutzero        Odin                 Bar     48     Worldstone Keep 2      13 (RIP)
     Vang              Shockingly           Sor     35     Highlands              13 (RIP)
     Swamigoon         Niminy               Bar     28     Arreat Plateau         13 (RIP)
     QueenEm           RandomQueen          Sorc    31     Pandemonium Fortress   10 (RIP)
     queenEm           MightyTexan          Bar     28     Flayer Jungle           6
     Swamigoon         Witgat               Dru     22     Canyon o' Magi          4 (RIP)
SP   Babyhell          BrianTribute         Dru     27     Canyon of the Magi      4 (S&E vs Duriel)
     Swamigoon         Cuckoo               Dru     17     Halls o' Dead 2         4 (RIP)
SP   CaseyJones        Turgruel             Pal     20     Act 2 Sewers            3
SP   b1ur              Lynn                 Ama     20     Lut Gholein             3
SP   logoutzero        Swedish_Royalty      Ama      1     Rogue Encampment        0

Slowly I have made my way into act 3. Still swinging 2 giant swords. I have now moved from p8 to p1 mainly because I find the jungle so extremely boooooring. I will need to farm Mephisto instead.
And that is why single pass is optional :cool:

Minor update on Zorg. He is level 72 and has slain Baal. I am slowly leveling him to 75 before I dive to Hell, but his lack of +skills means that only my barbarian is killing 90% of the time and it has went from fun to a snooze fest so I'm gimping him along. Figure I'll hit 75 in a week or two when I get the drive to continue him atm.

Reactions: Grisu and Swamigoon
Question on that though - I understand ilvl of gambled items, but not qlvl and how it all works with affixes. Can I get chain boots of luck from gambling at clvl 27?

I’m a bit late with an answer, but hope it still helps!

From the Item Generation Tutorial said:
if (ilvl<(99-qlvl/2))
then {alvl=ilvl-qlvl/2}
else {alvl=2*ilvl-99}

For most circumstances, the first formula applies (unless you’re a high level character gambling).

Chain boots are qlvl 12, so the ilvl minimum would be 26 + 12/2, which would be 32. So you would have a chance to gamble these starting at level 28.

Congrats to the progress of those still running! I actually took Silika out after a massive break and managed to kill her while shaking the rust off.

Shame because she had such a fortuitous roll, but I think that was part of the reason I lost motivation with her in the first place.

Either way, good luck to those still running and thanks @Vang for the great tournament! :)

Code:
SP   Pb_pal            Silika               Asa     57     NM Kurast Docks        24 (RIP)
     QueenEm           Groot                Dru     45     Rogue Camp (NM)        15 (RIP)
     queenEm           MightyTexan          Bar     28     Flayer Jungle           6

• Sad
Reactions: Vildecor
My Necromancer is retired officially. I do not have the patience (aka loads of time) to complete him successfully and after reaching the outer cloister by the skin of my teeth I decided that playstyle would end in a deeds, that I was unwilling to accept.

I didn't get much playtime with Gryphon during my quarantine...turns out getting COVID makes you not want to do anything, really. Afterwards, I took him out for a spin every now and then. Made it up to Diablo (at level 26) and bit the dust before Diablo was even at 50%. That's my first normal difficulty HC death in a long while. I guess I'm too used to playing at higher player settings and having more life/hit chance/better gear.

I'll definitely give this another go, this time back to single pass status. I think I'll go for a sorceress this time around, if someone would be kind enough to roll me up. Weapons are fine at the default orb x2 , staff x2.

Vildecor's 3's sorceress
Gear

Armor 3 Heavy
Head 8 Bone helm->4 Full helm
Gloves 2 Heavy gloves
Belt 3 Belt
Boots 2 Heavy boots
Shield 2 Small shield

Orb 2 Sacred globe
Orb 3 Smoked sphere->2->4 Clasped orb
Staff 4 Battle staff
Staff 2 Long staff

Forever skills
3-8 Meteor
3-2 Warmth->3-2 Warmth oO
3-1 Fire bolt
2-7 Teleport LOCKED FROM NORMAL

Normal skills
3-3 Inferno
3-5 Fireball
3-4 Blaze
1-10 Cold mastery

Screenshot_2020-12-19-08-39-05.png

Last edited:
I think I'll go ahead and lock teleport. I'd be at the mercy of random skills in later difficulties when dealing with fire immunes anyway, and being able to quickly get my mercenary out of danger looks like it will be my best bet.

At least normal will be easy.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High